Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

1.85 resistance patch discussion

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Oct. 09 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yay!

Hey guys:

VTOL is allready in the game, thats the principle Helicopters use.

V/STOL (Vertical/Short Take Off and Landing), which is what the Harrier, and the V22 use is not in the game, nor has anyone managed to make successful scripts for.

We'll have to wait and see what 1.85 does to the vehicle classes, and the scripting possabilities.

So hold tight, and someone may come up trumps, and figure out how to implement this...

Is the hardware T&L problem with ATI Radeon cards fixed with the new patch?

Good but i must wait for few next weeks to get the Polish OFP version sad.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is the hardware T&L problem with ATI Radeon cards fixed with the new patch?<span id='postcolor'>

Try this.. it has fixed tons on my new Radeon 9700 Pro card

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4081.html

Its a driver that is not their standard driver.. and is hard to find. But here is the link. It solved tons of issues I was having with it.

The file from that link does fix some things, but didn't really fix anything on my 9700 Pro in Resistance.

I still get flashing shadows. Also very slow framerates compared to all the new games coming out, and even most of the old ones. I can for example run UT2003 at 1600x1200@85hz, 32b, 6x AA and 16x AF at least at 60fps.. But yet I can't even get 30 fps in 1280x1024@85hz, 32b, with no AA or AF in Resistance.. Jerking and pausing and crap all over the place.

Oh, not to mention that I can't even START OFP without setting the AGP aperture size to 64M in my motherboards BIOS.. I'd consider that a Resistance problem as NONE of all the other games I've tried have had this problem.

Hi, can you guys (not forceful BIS) tell me/us

examples & short describtions on that?, I think I am not the only one who doesn t know what all new will bring in practise. It would be some kind of enlightment. Thx in advance and sorry for my bad english.

- New: Scripting: Functions loadFile and preprocessFile added.

- New: Addons and scripting: Customizable event handlers for events: Killed, Hit, Dammaged, GetIn, GetOut, Init, Engine, Gear, Fuel, Fired, IncomingMissile.

- New: Scripting: New functions addEventHandler, removeEventHandler, removeAllEventHandlers.

- Improved: MP: Minimal error to send updates across network can be now adjusted by MinErrorToSend value in Flashpoint.cfg. Default value is 0.01. Using smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother.

network only, or internet too?

New: Scripting: Function "private" introduces local variable in the innermost scope.

-Added: functions missionName, missionStart, playersNumber

- Improved: Compression of sound dynamic range less agressive.

OK, about a week ago they said "it would be out soon" so wonder if it will be out this weekend maybe. confused.gif It can't be too much longer or it won't be 'soon'.

Soon could mean anything depending on the person who says it.

I would suggest instead of speculating about when it's to be released you simply wait patiently, you can rest assured that when it is released you won't be able to go near any Opf sites/forums without being overwhelmed by information about its release smile.gif

@ KaRRiLLioN : Thanx a lot for your detailed and good answer!

(I'm not an OFP-scripting wizard... so I'll ask a friend of mine to help me, but hey, great to know about such things! )

And by the way:

OFP is the one and only game that I'm playing and that is left on my PC.

Thanx again to BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE for providing your fans with your great work!

smile.gif

arg me wants now because if me gets now me can play on the bikes sooner than if it is not realaesed now biggrin.gif

I wonder if they could tweak the AI so they take single shots at long range... ah, well, whatever... smile.gif

the AI isn't very good anyway, or they are merely blind.

yesterday, I set up 20 or so marines about 50 meters away from some soviets. This was on desert island, in broad daylight, on flat terrain. They took long time to kill each other, cause the all kept switching to pistols. At 50 meters, even in OFP, the M4 is infinitely better choice.

Also, does anyone know if the non-original weapons (i.e. Steyr AUG, FN FAL, G36...) have their tracers removed?

And about the official FN FAL and HK G3A4:

Have the equipment pictures been switched correctly?

Have their damages been tweaked?

Does the AI now use them at sensible ranges? (As of now they practically have to run into the enemy's face to use them.)

I figure they did a great job with the appearance of these weapons, but their in-game specifications seem a little wierd.

It might have always been like this but, I just noticed that on the title bar at the main flashpoint85 page it says Operation Flashpoint - Patch Available. Did it always say that? Other that there is nothing to suggest the patch is out-no new d/ls or anything.

hmmmm 13.5 megs - bit of a bugger on my 56k tounge.gif

but yeah - sounds great, but i was wondering one thing... the new weapons etc - with version 1.30 we had lots of nice pics of the OH-56 etc - same with when the Apache came out.

will we see any screenies prior to release? i really want to see this hunting rifle... at last my Resistance mission will be complete smile.gif

What about the announced CPU-Optimization?

Right now, 1.75 uses up 100% of CPU, regardless ifg it's a P4 1.8 GHz or a PIII 1 GHz or whatever.

2 Questions:

1.) Is CPU-Usage going down significantly? 1.46 was great compared to 1.75!

2.) How much CPU does the Linux Server eat up?

I'm a Server-Hoster and right now we can only host 2 Resistance Servers on a Dual-CPU Machine, but we could host 4 OFP 1.46 Servers....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Messiah @ Oct. 13 2002,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmmm 13.5 megs - bit of a bugger on my 56k  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Were did it say 13.5 megs...... thats a bit small for a patch w/ 2 vehicles, new guns, and many, many bug fixes. It will be about the same size as 1.30 wont it?

I think Maruk should know what he's talking about wink.gif

Page 11, 2nd post down smile.gif

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already but I just heard of this patch and so here goes. Approximately when will the patch be released? A rough estimate would be great like within a week or something.

I wish the answer was, "it's already out, and here's a link to d/l it." sigh. I have trouble going back to 1.46 after playing Resistance, but at the same time 1.75 has so many problems. Im just hoping BIS will have them all fixed, as they seem to be taking their sweet time.