Sign in to follow this  
MotherRussiaAK74

More realistic spetznaz?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Oct. 07 2002,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://filosof.ath.cx/images/depot/full/uce_rustaiga.jpg

http://filosof.ath.cx/images/depot/full/uce_rusfedtiger.jpg

Maybe we should make new models with O2 and use UCE's textures (with his permission of course) to make highly accurate modern SpetzNaz units?<span id='postcolor'>

Where can i get UCE's Spetsnaz or every addons of UCE?

they look awesome  smile.gif

Edit: Found them , thanks to google image search biggrin.gif

http://flashpoint.xaos.ru/jjsoini/

hey, i wish there are some modders out there who will take notice of the pics that crunchy frog posted on page 2 of this thread. those are the perfect examples of what type of russian units we could use in the game (except add leg holsters). also, is there anyone currently making russian weapons with suppressors (mainly the AK's)? it is extremely needed for my russian spec ops units, like a bit of variety when it comes to suppressed weapons.

UCE's Russian units + Kegytys Unofficial Russian Weapon Pack + N.o.r.s.u. Groza Pack + little cpp. editing ( or use of addweapon/magazine command in script/editor) = tounge.gif

no, i already have all of that, but what i want is to have more ak-47's or 74's with suppressors. i want my specialized teams to have a mixture of suppressed weapons. i got the awesome groza pack and bizon, but i need a silenced ak to go with them.

Some other good East "special weapons" out there (not suppressed though):

- Abakans pack

- KSVK 12.7mm sniper rifle

- AKS 74u

You can get these at www.opflashpoint.org and ofp.gamezone.cz.

You know, looking through these sites, I am once again amazed at how few East addons there are compared to West. confused.gif

Ok enough about the weapons, what about the Spetsnaz units? That's what the topic was originally about. Is there anyone out there making some new Spetsnaz units with modern uniforms such as the heavy body armor and kevlar helmets that they wear in Chechnya. Someone posted some good pics showing some of these uniforms from another FPS game. I just hope that someone makes them for OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Oct. 14 2002,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Ok enough about the weapons><span id='postcolor'>

2: ROGER

Anyone tried to simply convert those GR models to p3d like it was done with CS models?

I doesn't have to support the MLOD, just to find out how those guys would lool in OFP?

The GR models are VERY low poly, as they are ment to be seen only by you on others. confused.gif No point in converting them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The GR models are VERY low poly, as they are ment to be seen only by you on others.  confused.gif  No point in converting them.<span id='postcolor'>

Ebud told me once he tried to convert GR models to OFP, but it was to difficult.

Have you seen the new Resistance sniper in 1.85? If someone removed the backpack, and added some pouches here and there, and finished it if off with some 512x512 textures, we would almost have the (IMO) perfect spetsnatz

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 14 2002,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The GR models are VERY low poly, as they are ment to be seen only by you on others.  confused.gif  No point in converting them.<span id='postcolor'>

Ebud told me once he tried to convert GR models to OFP, but it was to difficult.<span id='postcolor'>

It's not that it's difficult, it's just time consuming wink.gif Plus whomever said the GR models are low poly was obviously talking about the weapons. The charatcer models are soooo much better than the OFP character models.

Yes they look imho really good. Could anyone get in touch with the guy who did that Spetzgruppa Vympel mod (it has been released now BTW)? He seems really symphathetic judging from forum posts... And the models, skins and weapons are all really nice..

Hey, why is that guy holding his gun by the ammo clip? wow.gif

It's not an abakan, it's an aks74/m, and its not really the best way to hold it... wink.gif