Kolmain

(Co30) Evolution-A3

Did you keep the ammo in the shack as b4, or did you move it else where? Otherwise no ammo crate in the shack?

Cheetah (AA) did'nt respawn after destroyed. Wreck vehicle did'nt despawn, maybe needs a bulldozer module I think it's called to clean up wrecks/dead ai.

Hemmett Ammo '' ''

Music played when respawning does'nt stop maybe stuck in continuous loop in trigger/script.

Had some unwanted guest at base(AA soldier) not sure if he came over from the 1st town or not. No vehicles came to base as of yet so not sure where he came from. Seems like there was an issue b4(A1-A2 EVO) with ai leaving a zone an we had to track em down to get zone to complete.

Fatigue param in settings does'nt seem to work I got fatigued with default loadout will play around with it again.

Noticed in begging that vehicle's were'nt locked(least the Cheetah was'nt. i used it to kill a couple jets attacking base. After I died they suddenly became locked.

Noticed these Orcas hovering near base..maybe spawn heli script issue?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775658061/9BFC0C6448D98DB53BBF168F37B949030219A27C/

Error giving when attempting to recruit AA soldier..

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775657837/16D310864D629F6AA51425C657F5D37936BCF99A/

Is this where u meant to place the ammo crate you added?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775657604/7EACB53A194C1A626DE7E3D55D590D1818C37880/

Edited by Call_911

Did you keep the ammo in the shack as b4, or did you move it else where? Otherwise no ammo crate in the shack?

Cheetah (AA) did'nt respawn after destroyed. Wreck vehicle did'nt despawn, maybe needs a bulldozer module I think it's called to clean up wrecks/dead ai.

Hemmett Ammo '' ''

Music played when respawning does'nt stop maybe stuck in continuous loop in trigger/script.

Had some unwanted guest at base(AA soldier) not sure if he came over from the 1st town or not. No vehicles came to base as of yet so not sure where he came from. Seems like there was an issue b4(A1-A2 EVO) with ai leaving a zone an we had to track em down to get zone to complete.

Fatigue param in settings does'nt seem to work I got fatigued with default loadout will play around with it again.

Noticed in begging that vehicle's were'nt locked(least the Cheetah was'nt. i used it to kill a couple jets attacking base. After I died they suddenly became locked.

Noticed these Orcas hovering near base..maybe spawn heli script issue?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775658061/9BFC0C6448D98DB53BBF168F37B949030219A27C/

Error giving when attempting to recruit AA soldier..

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775657837/16D310864D629F6AA51425C657F5D37936BCF99A/

Is this where u meant to place the ammo crate you added?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775657604/7EACB53A194C1A626DE7E3D55D590D1818C37880/

Whoaaaa, I haven't experienced any of that. Thanks for the detailed response.

The ammo crate is right where you spawn. A tan box with netting on it, I need to test the weapon progression when I get home though.

It takes two minutes to spawn the "wreck", and when it does it deletes the actual wreck. Did you wait for (sleep 120)?

Did you start the side-mission to defend the base? That's the only reason I can think that there should be OPFOR in the HQ. The Orcas paradrop OPFOR on the base when you select that side mission.

You don't have to worry about that for the zones as it recalculates using whoever is in the zone. So if they leave they're not counted.

The recruiting issue is interesting as well. I bet its a trigger list issue, I'll make a github issue for that.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: You can track them on GitHub. Issue #27 , #28, and #29.

Edited by Kolmain

Some more issues, 1st Radio tower is in place(hav'nt attempted to take it down yet), re-inforcments arrived in town(paras) some issues with the mash spawning an being able to respawn on9not sure if u intended that also can place multiple mash's an they become a respawn point on each one I create. Seems like I waited quite awhile for the Cheetah an the ammo hemmet to respawn(seemed longer than 120s). was thinking the town defender #'s(at max in settings) was gonna be light but maybe wait til i get a server an test it on there to see as with re-inforcments may be more than enough ai to fight. All an all definatly going to be fun once finished, can't wait.

Multiple mash's created an the coresponding respawns...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781572/29ADA73D82AD5ECCD82BBD5359F5590848526BEB/

Issue with mash placement...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781145/AAABBC201AD3AD0E13885D38D180AFACECFB752D/

Issue with recruitment(maybe in a loop in trigger/script)?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775780952/A890C20AFA7776EEB513BD225BF08740C7FFE808/

Upon death respawn music still continues playing thru soundtracks or tracks in script/trigger, it never stops playing.

Reinforcments working.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781220/B755528DADFCA37DC389449E4ABED9D5BF9314DA/

Somthing else I noticed too was the view distance changer seemed to stay with me whereever I went( not sure why or how) just noticed that an a cpl other things u normally have to click @ base via the action menu.

Going to try again an find that mysterious ammo crate lol an see if I can drop the tower an clear the town, might be a bit much solo though as these ai mean buissness :D Kinda how I like it beings ArmA1 an ArmA2 Evolution was always hard.

Oh an yes btw I did mess with the side mission just fooling around so maybe explains the visitors at base.

Edited by Call_911

Some more issues, 1st Radio tower is in place(hav'nt attempted to take it down yet), re-inforcments arrived in town(paras) some issues with the mash spawning an being able to respawn on9not sure if u intended that also can place multiple mash's an they become a respawn point on each one I create. Seems like I waited quite awhile for the Cheetah an the ammo hemmet to respawn(seemed longer than 120s). was thinking the town defender #'s(at max in settings) was gonna be light but maybe wait til i get a server an test it on there to see as with re-inforcments may be more than enough ai to fight. All an all definatly going to be fun once finished, can't wait.

Multiple mash's created an the coresponding respawns...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781572/29ADA73D82AD5ECCD82BBD5359F5590848526BEB/

Issue with mash placement...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781145/AAABBC201AD3AD0E13885D38D180AFACECFB752D/

Issue with recruitment(maybe in a loop in trigger/script)?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775780952/A890C20AFA7776EEB513BD225BF08740C7FFE808/

Upon death respawn music still continues playing thru soundtracks or tracks in script/trigger, it never stops playing.

Reinforcments working.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540772837775781220/B755528DADFCA37DC389449E4ABED9D5BF9314DA/

Thanks again. Lets see.

MASH/FARP does create a respawn point. It should however remove it when you build a new one. I'll look into that.

The ammo is probably broken, I'll fix it tonight or you can clone the github master branch and compile it int he editor.

The AI numbers need to be tweaked but they're fine for testing and performance is great. All groups/vehicles continue to respawn until the tower is out. After that its only para-drops I believe.

I'll add that to GitHub too.

Still did'nt see a tan box with netting just the camo netting over the hunters, I'll keep looking/ or edit in the Virtual Arsenal on a supply box as a work around for testing. Yeah used to be you had to remove your Mash b4 it let you place a new one(in ArmA1 or A2 Evo) not sure if that was probably a modified version of Evo don't think original author had that when Evolution Blue came out for ArmA1, I could be wrong it's been so long ago now, but might be a good solution. Maybe in Gits Evolution or Xtra Evo but not sure about using there code in a new ArmA3 edition, if it's there code. Might be somthing on Armaholic.

Ok I just hit respawn in base and upon respawn a bunch of things appeared on my action menu that were'nt there at mission start. but now they are an i also now have(modify loadout appearing) never saw that b4 so miffed there.

Edited by Call_911

Still did'nt see a tan box with netting just the camo netting over the hunters, I'll keep looking/ or edit in the Virtual Arsenal on a supply box as a work around for testing. Yeah used to be you had to remove your Mash b4 it let you place a new one(in ArmA1 or A2 Evo) not sure if that was probably a modified version of Evo don't think original author had that when Evolution Blue came out for ArmA1, I could be wrong it's been so long ago now, but might be a good solution. Maybe in Gits Evolution or Xtra Evo but not sure about using there code in a new ArmA3 edition, if it's there code. Might be somthing on Armaholic.

Ok I just hit respawn in base and upon respawn a bunch of things appeared on my action menu that were'nt there at mission start. but now they are an i also now have(modify loadout appearing) never saw that b4 so miffed there.

Just pushed RC2 check it out.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

Just downloaded it from email from Github traacker. Play tested yesterday/last nite never could get close to the Radio Tower to test destruction. I did manage to get to rank Lt :D however. Not sure on the points is there other supports recruitment ie arty/ prec AS) required for ranks maybe I just lost track. Played as engineer class an had same result with the farp as in with the Mash on placement. Farp did not do its job that I noticed. Farp did however despawn I noticed like 5 mins later when checking the map. Wierd issue occuring for saving loadout, seems to occur automatically an maybe when changing your loadout, not real sure where except that i know it occurs everytime I go into a Halo after clicking the drop location an than get the message loadout saved. More of a pain in the butt on respawn as I just re-load my created profile from VA. Never did see the tan box but did found the modify loadout location. Some of the features seem to not work upon mission start an only become excessable ofter 1st respawn/death...wierd. Prob missing somthing just woke up an wrote this...what I could remember. Will test more later after I finish replacing breaks on my car. Sry for poor wording..I just woke up :D

Edited by Call_911

Play tested yesterday/last nite never could get close to the Radio Tower to test destruction.

so cheat, edit the mission place a player, and put this allowdamage false; in the player unit's init box and test it, after all thats what your testing it for.

Outside this and i dont mean to be a grammar nazi if you will, but call_911 you got to use some proper paragraph spacing, trying to read what you have there is a headache.

Thanks for the update Will check it out Kolmain!

Just a suggestion to list what you did actually fix so that we are not reporting something that was already fixed, or is in the process, or whatever it may be, cant be to vague

with missions like this, we dont need to know code aspects, but general stuff that we can readily identify ingame, but thanks for your work none the less!

so cheat, edit the mission place a player, and put this allowdamage false; in the player unit's init box and test it, after all thats what your testing it for.

Outside this and i dont mean to be a grammar nazi if you will, but call_911 you got to use some proper paragraph spacing, trying to read what you have there is a headache.

Just a suggestion to list what you did actually fix so that we are not reporting something that was already fixed, or is in the process, or whatever it may be, cant be to vague

with missions like this, we dont need to know code aspects, but general stuff that we can readily identify ingame, but thanks for your work none the less!

Not everybody is fortunate to attend college or some form of higher learning. Post removed.

So your saying what? You never learned learn how to read, write, spell, and use spacing in your paragraphs?

I meant no offense but its hard to read one massive paragraph.

Has nothing to do with going to college or another school for higher learning thats basic English etiquette.

Also did you try as i suggested the: this allowdamage false; and blow up the tower?

Just downloaded it from email from Github traacker. Play tested yesterday/last nite never could get close to the Radio Tower to test destruction. I did manage to get to rank Lt :D however. Not sure on the points is there other supports recruitment ie arty/ prec AS) required for ranks maybe I just lost track. Played as engineer class an had same result with the farp as in with the Mash on placement. Farp did not do its job that I noticed. Farp did however despawn I noticed like 5 mins later when checking the map. Wierd issue occuring for saving loadout, seems to occur automatically an maybe when changing your loadout, not real sure where except that i know it occurs everytime I go into a Halo after clicking the drop location an than get the message loadout saved. More of a pain in the butt on respawn as I just re-load my created profile from VA. Never did see the tan box but did found the modify loadout location. Some of the features seem to not work upon mission start an only become excessable ofter 1st respawn/death...wierd. Prob missing somthing just woke up an wrote this...what I could remember. Will test more later after I finish replacing breaks on my car. Sry for poor wording..I just woke up :D

Sounds like you're not on RC2. Recheck that you're playing the version I released last night. I had assumed the player respawned on join, but that wasn't the case. So that's fixed. FARP/MASH functionality should be working in RC2 as well. You said the farp despawned, is that because you put another up or did it do that on its own? Your loadout saves when you leave the base. OH- I see its saving your loadout after ATM_airdrop puts on the parachute right? I'll make a github issue and address that.

Thanks, keep testing!

Yes, put that in player in editor, in SP just paste player allowDamage false; in the debug console when you press Escape and hit run.

I was doing changelogs but I'm cranking out a release candidate each day so it got too much. When I start at 1.0 there will be changelogs. For now when you look at the GitHub issues, whatever says fixed or needs testing should be included. I'll try to be more clear on the release page, thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Added changelog for RC2.

Edited by Kolmain

I'm going dark for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow as I'm graduating :yay:

I posted RC2.5 hotfix last night, you can get it here: https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

I know now that the arsenal is broken in MP and am working on fixing it, most of the other bugs, including the orcas, should be fixed. See changelog for details.

I'm going dark for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow as I'm graduating :yay:

I posted RC2.5 hotfix last night, you can get it here: https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

I know now that the arsenal is broken in MP and am working on fixing it, most of the other bugs, including the orcas, should be fixed. See changelog for details.

Congrats, will take a look later.

Hey thanx for update. The loadout save was occuring maybe in RC1, was testing RC2 earlier an after doing the halo drop i did'nt recall seeing the loadout saved text, and did'nt respawn with a para chute on my back :yay: Will test RC3 am attempting to get my server going but well thats testing my tolerance levels for the nite lol, what I get for using a hosting company I've never used b4. Don't know if u got the message about the reinforcment helis not departing or not, or is that resolved in RC3? Will test more tomorrow when server is up.

I'm almost to a stable release as its working pretty well on local MP, but there seems to be some locality issues on dedicated servers I'm focusing on now.

Kolmain, question for you, this evolution is like the former evo blue where the enemy keep reinforcing the town/city with infantry, and armored,

vehicles, ect,. until the tower is destroyed?

Also wanted to ask is there a way to change faction the enemy? I looked through the scripts and what is there but cannot find anything

where I can replace classnames, I'd like to use a faction from a mod I play with alot.

Also these parameters in the Description.ext are they functional yet, as I haven't seen anything indicating they are working?

class mhqParam {
	title = "Mobile HQ Spawn Point";
	texts[] = {"Disabled","Enabled"};
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;
};
class r3fParam {
	title = "R3F Logistics";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 0;
};
class killNotificationParam {
	title = "Visible Kill Notifications";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;

Edited by Günter Severloh

Kolmain, question for you, this evolution is like the former evo blue where the enemy keep reinforcing the town/city with infantry, and armored,

vehicles, ect,. until the tower is destroyed?

Also wanted to ask is there a way to change faction the enemy? I looked through the scripts and what is there but cannot find anything

where I can replace classnames, I'd like to use a faction from a mod I play with alot.

Also these parameters in the Description.ext are they functional yet, as I haven't seen anything indicating they are working?

class mhqParam {
       title = "Mobile HQ Spawn Point";
       values[] = {0,1};
       default = 1;
   };
   class r3fParam {
       title = "R3F Logistics";
       values[] = {0,1};
       default = 0;
   };
   class killNotificationParam {
       title = "Visible Kill Notifications";
       values[] = {0,1};
       default = 1;

Hi Gunter,

Yes, all the parameters are working. I'd reccomend cloning the GitHub as it is now, I'm almost at a 1.0 stable release. I spent a few hours with a friend playing on a dedi so I know it works. As far as changing factions go, you'll need to manually change the group classnames where I spawn them in all the scripts. Not an easy task, but atleast for the targets look at fn_initTarget under the EVO folder. You'll see where I spawn units in there! I'll be starting a new release thread for the altis verion since I can't change this title to Altis, it still says Sahrani. :/

Hi Kolmain, thanks for making good old Evo mission... do you still plan to release the Sahrani version too? Or convert it later on? would love to see this one on Sahrani. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Kolmain, thanks for making good old Evo mission... do you still plan to release the Sahrani version too? Or convert it later on? would love to see this one on Sahrani. Thanks a bunch!

The way its being designed, it should work on any map. So once I release 1.0 stable on Altis, I'll release other maps as well.

Oh I have played this and Warfare in Arma 1 so much. Back then there was quite a lot of teamwork going on public servers :). Thanks a lot for this. Now we just wait for CUP Terrain Pack and back to the old days. :cool:

Alright my final release candidate was published tonight! Please report back any bugs so we can get a stable release out.

Available on GitHub

Available on Steam Workshop

I'd love to start collecting any videos and screenshots to add to the steam page, post em or PM them to me!

I also have a dedicated testing server running the latest version now, check it out! I've got 150mb/s down and 40mb/s up so that should be fine for a couple players, filter for "ArmA 3 Evolution Testing | Joker" running (Co30) Evolution-A3.

Change log

• Tasks moved to BIS_fnc_setTask, now are JIP friendly.
  • Players are no longer revived with a duplicate backpack.
  • Briefing added, needs formatting to be corrected.
  • Medics no longer require medical trucks to deploy MASH.
  • Changed kill handlers to MPKilled
  • Added additional sidemissions
  • Reworked code for Officers and Radio Tower
  • Radio Towers are not destroyable again after the last patch (takes 2 charges)
  • Fixed AI recruiting only riflemen
  • Back end bug fixes
  • BI Group management working, access via 'U'
  • Added Marksmen DLC weapons
  • Privates get access to basic launchers
  • Now available on STEAM Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441868055&searchtext=Evolution

Happy Hunting!