Kolmain

(Co30) Evolution-A3

What server you guys hostin this on? Or anybody know of any? I could'nt get my server up as planned.

What server you guys hostin this on? Or anybody know of any? I could'nt get my server up as planned.

I'm hosting this on my personal dedicated server. Info in the RC5 release post.

Thanx for the info. Those ai have gone mad I tell you just mad. I was attacking the town with ai an after a cpl deaths noticed the enemy ai were coming over from the town, least I believe they were the town defenders. Anyways no biggie makes it easier to kill em closer to home :D Anyways I was in base gearing up my squad an noticed a Ghosthawk fire up an I was like l did'nt tell any ai to board a Ghosthawk an lol an behold a Ghosthawk took off an flew away along with a Pawnee an than I got shot by the repair vehicles mg. Guess the decided to comadere some of the blue side equiptment while there infantry attacked main spawn :D was actually hilarious til I died from the repair vehicles mg sitting in spawn 4-5 times. Not sure why that happend thankfully they did'nt steal somthing more deadlier like the Wipeout or a Slammer. Any plans on more supports options(mortars/small arty/precision air strike/ammo drops)?

Thanx for the info. Those ai have gone mad I tell you just mad. I was attacking the town with ai an after a cpl deaths noticed the enemy ai were coming over from the town, least I believe they were the town defenders. Anyways no biggie makes it easier to kill em closer to home :D Anyways I was in base gearing up my squad an noticed a Ghosthawk fire up an I was like l did'nt tell any ai to board a Ghosthawk an lol an behold a Ghosthawk took off an flew away along with a Pawnee an than I got shot by the repair vehicles mg. Guess the decided to comadere some of the blue side equiptment while there infantry attacked main spawn :D was actually hilarious til I died from the repair vehicles mg sitting in spawn 4-5 times. Not sure why that happend thankfully they did'nt steal somthing more deadlier like the Wipeout or a Slammer. Any plans on more supports options(mortars/small arty/precision air strike/ammo drops)?

I'll open a GitHub ticket and look into it. That's strange that they're coming all the way to the base. Support options are on the roadmap for 1.1. I want to get a stable version out first and gather additional feedback. Any other bugs to report?

Published RC6, should be final RC before stable! Please help out with the bug hunt, the more we squash the more we can play!

#Change log

- Tasks moved to new 3D BIS tasks.

- Fixed demo charge only on radio tower, was invulnerable from last patch.

- Players can now recruit all units, depending on rank. (Fixed only rifleman recruitable)

- PVTs+ can now operate support assets.

- You can now enable/disable persistence.

- Added 2D check for OPFOR Orcas, should stop them from flying to AO and staying.

- Removed unlimited paradrops, would eventually overload server. Paradrops now stop with radio tower destruction.

- Small bug fixes.

- Performance improvements.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

Now available on STEAM Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441868055&searchtext=Evolution

I have a micro-freeze issue. every second , my client framerate freeze for 200 or 300ms .

i tested , stable server with perf client, perf server with std client . and standard mission settings. all that over wireless lan .

tested with hosted server , non dedicated, same micro-freeze.

probably related to AI recruiting :

10:22:53 Error in expression <isPlayer _x} count (units group player) + count bon_recruit_queue) >= bon_max_un>

10:22:53 Error position: <+ count bon_recruit_queue) >= bon_max_un>

10:22:53 Error Generic error in expression

10:22:53 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\bon_recruit_units\recruit.sqf, line 4

And , all rank system disabled , i can't access to weapons and equipement. i have no optics, and an MX 6.5 , only . but i can fly a jet.

Can i request a feature ? we need a feature to define the number of target city. a full map may be too much work for a small coop. and it might be too heavy on server ressource too

Edited by griffz

I have a micro-freeze issue. every second , my client framerate freeze for 200 or 300ms .

i tested , stable server with perf client, perf server with std client . and standard mission settings. all that over wireless lan .

tested with hosted server , non dedicated, same micro-freeze.

probably related to AI recruiting :

And , all rank system disabled , i can't access to weapons and equipement. i have no optics, and an MX 6.5 , only . but i can fly a jet.

Can i request a feature ? we need a feature to define the number of target city. a full map may be too much work for a small coop. and it might be too heavy on server ressource too

I've heard of this before, but thought I resolved it. I'll look into it today. I don't get any stutter, can you try hosting it on non-dedicated server and trying it? I'm not aware of any issue with the BON_Recruiting, so I'll check that too.

When you turn that feature on, you don't get an option at spawn to "Modify Loadout"?

I can certainly add that if you'd like. But it shouldn't effect server performance, as everyone is cleaned up and moved to the next AO. Look for it in the stable release though, thanks!

Kolmain,

This project is massive. I imported it to our server. It is a dedicated and I have some reports back on the gameplay. Their words:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

some issues with evolution I thought I'd let you know of:

disable require rank for weapons does not work but vehicles does, if you disable both you cant get a rank or better weapons....

in main objectives, reinforcements spawned from tower will spawn instantly inside town as enemies gets killed/destroyed so lots of vehicles in param. = not good

I am gonna follow this project closely and excited for Evolution coming back from all the way back. Also, we are hosting RC6 with minimal changes on our server 1 (Filter = TacticalGamer.com), if you want to test it.

Kolmain,

This project is massive. I imported it to our server. It is a dedicated and I have some reports back on the gameplay. Their words:

some issues with evolution I thought I'd let you know of:

disable require rank for weapons does not work but vehicles does, if you disable both you cant get a rank or better weapons....

in main objectives, reinforcements spawned from tower will spawn instantly inside town as enemies gets killed/destroyed so lots of vehicles in param. = not good

I am gonna follow this project closely and excited for Evolution coming back from all the way back. Also, we are hosting RC6 with minimal changes on our server 1 (Filter = TacticalGamer.com), if you want to test it.

Hi tgb,

Thanks for the feedback and support, it means alot. I'll look into these two issues tomorrow. What changes were made if you don't mind posting them? If some one could make a better base layout that would be nice, as I'm spending most of my time scripting.

Catch you soon!

I only added a squad based marker system and our revive scripts. The reception of the mission in our community is mostly positive. There is one feedback from a member that I would like to inquire from you.

The absolute game breaking issue for me was the weapon bug. I have no idea what was causing it, but when I tried to use the targeting scope on the PCML it would start trying to swtich weapons in a loop. I'd see down the scope, stop aiming, start switching to rifle, switch back to PCML, look down scope. This loop would happen rapidly while I was holding down the ADS aim control (right mouse button). I also noticed my weapon status indicator would flash like it was trying to change weapons later when all I had was a MX rifle. It would flash red and the gun animation would start to lift as if starting to swap, then pop back to normal holding position.

So my question would be, do you have anything that check if a player is trying to lock using the PCML? If so could you point me in the filename and folder?

The AI accuracy does seem to be higher than we usual run with. That can be adapted to with practice, but it is off putting.

Where is the enemy AI spawning script location? Is the the accuracy of AI set manually in the script or are they default?

I would like to extensively edit the mission to our liking while leaving the core of it intact. But I want to see what is in store for the next release. You indicated that it is near release. Do you have a timeline?

Thank you for your time and sorry for the loads of questions. In case you are interested we have a forum topic discussing your mission.

EDIT:

After talking and playing a bit more, I think I see some of the issues. When the radio tower is up, reinforcement should spawn far away from the town and move into town. That would solve players looking at instant spawning of enemies right near them.

Also as soon as the tank is down, another tank spawning right away might overwhelm them. May be a time delay, or low probability might help

Edited by tgb

I only added a squad based marker system and our revive scripts. The reception of the mission in our community is mostly positive. There is one feedback from a member that I would like to inquire from you.

So my question would be, do you have anything that check if a player is trying to lock using the PCML? If so could you point me in the filename and folder?

Where is the enemy AI spawning script location? Is the the accuracy of AI set manually in the script or are they default?

I would like to extensively edit the mission to our liking while leaving the core of it intact. But I want to see what is in store for the next release. You indicated that it is near release. Do you have a timeline?

Thank you for your time and sorry for the loads of questions. In case you are interested we have a forum topic discussing your mission.

EDIT:

After talking and playing a bit more, I think I see some of the issues. When the radio tower is up, reinforcement should spawn far away from the town and move into town. That would solve players looking at instant spawning of enemies right near them.

Also as soon as the tank is down, another tank spawning right away might overwhelm them. May be a time delay, or low probability might help

Player markers are already added, and I chose to stick with BIS Revive. That's the second time that I've heard of that bug, and I'm looking into it now. The only loops being run on the player regarding weapons is the persistent save feature. You can disable that via mission parameters, but the code is here. If you are going to make changes I ask if you can make them on GitHub so we can keep any improvements in the main branch. The more people I see playing/talking about the mission, the more I am motivated to work on it! ;)

I did notice the tank and respawn issues, and there should already be a delay there. However, I'm working on rewriting that part of code so the OPFOR reinforcements actually travel to the AO from the next AO. Stay tuned.

My timeline was an RC every day but now that we're close to a stable release, it'll slow down. Expect the "last" release candidate tomorrow, and stable 1.0 next week!

EDIT: Added issues 42 and 43.

RC7 is published, multiple bug fixes and large changes!

• [bUGFIX] You can now recruit AI again.
  • [bUGFIX] Each rank adds new types of AI to recruit.
  • [bUGFIX] OPFOR heli's now leave AO.
  • [bUGFIX] You can now enable full arsenal access.
  • [NEW] OPFOR AI now reinforce your target AO from the next AO.
  • [CHANGE] Removed armored/mechanized squads.
  • [CHANGE] Armor parameter now includes all vehicles.
  • [CHANGE] Infantry parameter now includes paradrops.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441868055

is there any way to change opfor to RHS Russians?

If you know how to edit missions, sure! Otherwise, I won't be making a RHS version anytime soon. I'll be doing an ACE version next though.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

FYI, I went ahead and compiled RC7.5 and threw it up on GitHub. I got tired of the lazer AI so I added a setSkill to bring them back down. Please test and report!

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/

• [NEW] SetSkill of all OPFOR AI- no more laser kills!
  • [bUGFIX] Briefing correctly formatted.
  • [CHANGE] Slightly lowered altitude that BLUFOR AI Paradropped in from to increase chance of survival in AO.
  • [CHANGE] Removed PRIVATE vehicle and weapon notifications.

what are you using to take care of the sniper AI ?

Right now, just a sniper placed atop a viewpoint with high skill. Working on something else for it though!

Just tested mission on our server and we have destroyed radio tower and captured officer, but these tasks ended but we cant not get the town clear task to end we have cleared every enemy soldier but still no luck.

Just tested mission on our server and we have destroyed radio tower and captured officer, but these tasks ended but we cant not get the town clear task to end we have cleared every enemy soldier but still no luck.

So you've destroyed the radio tower, and captured the officer, as well as cleared all OPFOR but your current task is still to clear panagia?

Yes still clear city task does not complete.

We use the enemy marker script so can see all the enemies on the map by red squares. (have used this on most of our missions just helps to locate them).

We went up to the next town were all the reinforcements came from when the tower was destroyed and found the reinforcements had just stopped. (are they supposed to despawn?)

Yes still clear city task does not complete.

We use the enemy marker script so can see all the enemies on the map by red squares. (have used this on most of our missions just helps to locate them).

We went up to the next town were all the reinforcements came from when the tower was destroyed and found the reinforcements had just stopped. (are they supposed to despawn?)

Yep the new reinforcement setup bugged city clearing, I just fixed it and will post in a couple minutes thanks for reporting!

Do u what file i need to edit? if you dont mind me asking

You can fork the project on GitHub and just search for "EVO_fnc_spawnGroup" and "EVO_fnc_spawnVehicle". Everywhere that is called is where I spawn an OPFOR group. Shouldn't be too difficult!

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Release Candidate 8 is out!

• [bUGFIX] You can capture villages/cities again.
  • [bUGFIX] You can now deploy FARPs/MASHs anywhere. Becareful where you do, there is currently no check for space!
  • [bUGFIX] You can capture Officers again.
  • [bUGFIX] Notifications for objectives fixed.
  • [bUGFIX] You can now properly complete sidemissions.
  • [CHANGED] Map and task indicated which village/city will be reinforcing your AO.
  • [CHANGED] OPFOR squads are proper ArmA3 groups and no longer two fireteams.
  • [CHANGED] HALO insertions cost 3 points unless you are a PRIVATE.
  • [NEW] Leftover OPFOR units in AO randomly decide to surrender or continue fighting once you capture the AO. Bring them back to base for bonus points.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/