Kolmain

(Co30) Evolution-A3

found a bug i think we went to cap pangala nothing happend?

*Panagia? Are you using RC8?

Tested Rc8 only way for town to capture/end task is to move upto and destroy all the reinforcements that have stopped. This gives you a problem as you are now already in the next town as it spawns it as next objective.

Tested Rc8 only way for town to capture/end task is to move upto and destroy all the reinforcements that have stopped. This gives you a problem as you are now already in the next town as it spawns it as next objective.

Can you give a little more detail? I just finished a two hour play session and we cleared Panagia and moved on pretty straightforward. No issues here?

Can you give a little more detail? I just finished a two hour play session and we cleared Panagia and moved on pretty straightforward. No issues here?

Panagia would only clear after we moved north to clear the reinforcements that had spawned in the next town but stopped once the tower was destroyed. Once all reinforcements had been killed task ended and new task started. (does the town clear work on a radius?)

Panagia would only clear after we moved north to clear the reinforcements that had spawned in the next town but stopped once the tower was destroyed. Once all reinforcements had been killed task ended and new task started. (does the town clear work on a radius?)

Ah, I understand now. My apologies.

The town should clear after you kill 90% of the units assigned to the AO. It does not check on a radius. I'll change it to only check for units within X meters of the current target AO for Stable 1.0. Thanks for the report!

RC9 is now feature complete for Stable 1.0. As long as there are no bugs, Stable 1.0 should be identical to this!

[bUGFIX] Points earned by player controlled AI now get added to controlling player.

[bUGFIX] Upon revive, player is re-equipped with loadout they died with.

[bUGFIX] POWs now put their hands down and can move after capture.

[bUGFIX] FARPs/MASHs can now be deployed. (Warning! There is no space check, so you can deploy them anywhere!)

[bUGFIX] OPFOR no longer immediately disappear when killed after AO is cleared.

[bUGFIX] AI recruit count does not count players in squad.

[bUGFIX] OPFOR "armor" heads to AO at full speed now instead of limited, returns to limited speed in AO.

[bUGFIX] Visible Kill notifications are working again.

[NEW] Points earned by vehicle gunners are shared with drivers and commanders if said gunner is a player.

[NEW] OPFOR units that come within 800m of the staging base will be destroyed unless the "Defend HQ" sidemission is active.

[NEW] Additional clothing items added.

[CHANGE] Active OPFOR AO units only count units within 1000m of AO. Any other units won't be counted towards control of AO.

[CHANGE] General performance improvements.

[CHANGE] Players can only respawn on other players in their group, assuming the mission parameter is enabled.

[CHANGE] OPFOR CAS moved to UPSMON and will receive attack orders from ground units.

[CHANGE] OPFOR CAS may be heli, drone, or plane.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/

is there a way to whitelist certain people? so they have access to everything??

happens a lot in evo. best not to spawn reinforcements in the next zone, but rather place them on roads away from any zone. i think this occurs if they spawn and are waiting on their waypoint command when the tower is destroyed. a fix might be to set the waypoint based on the objective location rather than the radio tower.

great job , performance problem seems solved.

- i have a player score incoherence . with many kills, my score is negative. i got few redfor soldier with redfore mortar, and changed my score from +5 to -12 point.

- mash doesnt appear on 3D world, but is viewable on map ... ?

- mobile HQ , well deployed , is not usable as spawn , even with the good mission parameter "mobile HQ spawn point : enabled"

Edited by griffz

is there a way to whitelist certain people? so they have access to everything??

Hmmm... I was debating giving Admins access to everything, but seeing as how this is specific to certain people, this is probably out of scope.

happens a lot in evo. best not to spawn reinforcements in the next zone, but rather place them on roads away from any zone. i think this occurs if they spawn and are waiting on their waypoint command when the tower is destroyed. a fix might be to set the waypoint based on the objective location rather than the radio tower.

I haven't seen a transport problem, the problem described above was that the radio tower was destroyed and the town cleared while reinforcements were on the way. As of RC9 the AO only counts units actually in it, not the ones on the way.

great job , performance problem seems solved.

- i have a player score incoherence . with many kills, my score is negative. i got few redfor soldier with redfore mortar, and changed my score from +5 to -12 point.

- mash doesnt appear on 3D world, but is viewable on map ... ?

- mobile HQ , well deployed , is not usable as spawn , even with the good mission parameter "mobile HQ spawn point : enabled"

Good to hear, thank you. What performance problems were you specifically looking at?

I'll look into the player score issue. Were they OPFOR hostile units or POWs? Did you have visible kill notifications on? What notification did you get?

That's odd. Worked for me... I'll look into it as well.

I wasn't aware of any issues with MobileHQ so I'll check that.

Thanks for the feedback!

ho, i forgot, some weapons come with 3 ammo clip only. stuff like MAR10, MK14 etc ..., i did not find a way to add ammo clip with arsenal system.

and the last thing is ,with rank system disabled, i'm still limited to 2 ai recruit max, rifleman. no other choice available in the list.

in file fn_rank.sqf:

if (isNil "_EVOrank") then {

_player setVariable ["EVOrank", "none", true];

change EVOrank variable content to "COLONEL" would do the job isn't it ?

Edited by griffz

ho, i forgot, some weapons come with 3 ammo clip only. stuff like MAR10, MK14 etc ..., i did not find a way to add ammo clip with arsenal system.

and the last thing is ,with rank system disabled, i'm still limited to 2 ai recruit max, rifleman. no other choice available in the list.

ps:

Thanks for pointing that out Griffz! I'll readd all unit classes to unlocked assets. As for some weapons only comming with 3 ammo clips, you should definitely be able to add them to your uniform/vest/backpack in VA. I use a script to grab all magazines for a weapon and add them, so anything that weapon loads will be available in VA. Can you confirm and let me know if its a bug? I'm in the office on a Mac so I can't compile and see.

I was wondering if anyone knows the respwan timer when the MHQ blows up. It does not seem to be re spawning on our server.

I was wondering if anyone knows the respwan timer when the MHQ blows up. It does not seem to be re spawning on our server.

It should only be about 60 seconds.

It should only be about 60 seconds.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done some testing as we still cannot get the mobile HQ to re-spawn. I have tried re-downloading the Release Candidate 9 .pbo (https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/tag/RC9). The server has no add-ons or mods running on it. It seems like everything else on the map re-spawns correctly except the hermtt transport when the mobile HQ re-spawn is off and the Mobile HQ hermtt when it is enabled. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done some testing as we still cannot get the mobile HQ to re-spawn. I have tried re-downloading the Release Candidate 9 .pbo (https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/tag/RC9). The server has no add-ons or mods running on it. It seems like everything else on the map re-spawns correctly except the hermtt transport when the mobile HQ re-spawn is off and the Mobile HQ hermtt when it is enabled. Any ideas on how to fix this?

That's odd. I'll look over the code now and compile/test tonight.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

micro-freeze appears again .

http://pastebin.com/LCnegeJf

the cause is persistent feature. wich i edited and set to enabled, 1 weeks ago too ... :-S .

Hi Griffz,

I'm confused, all I see is UPSMON errors. Where/when was this RPT taken? What was going on? What is this "micro-freeze"? The persistent feature is disabled by default. Are you saying you enabled it and experienced the freezing?

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I just commited a potential fix for the MHQ respawn. If you know how to edit mission files you can try it out.

I added those to lines and repacked the mission. The MHQ re-spawns but only once and when it does re-spawn it no longer acts like a MHQ. There is no option to deploy it. Thanks again for the fast reply Arma is never easy thats for sure.

I added those to lines and repacked the mission. The MHQ re-spawns but only once and when it does re-spawn it no longer acts like a MHQ. There is no option to deploy it. Thanks again for the fast reply Arma is never easy thats for sure.

Okay, so it respawns once but not again? Do any other vehicles respawn more than once?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Well derp, the respawn didn't readd itself to the new vehicle. Check here for the fix:

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/commit/8a49a017705fd3e9e34c3ca1b76b26469dcc725e

Yes the MHQ re-spawns once but does not have the options to deploy it acts like just a normal transport Hermtt. Yes other vehicles re-spawn more then once but when they re-spawn all there systems are red and need repairs in the base.

Yes the MHQ re-spawns once but does not have the options to deploy it acts like just a normal transport Hermtt. Yes other vehicles re-spawn more then once but when they re-spawn all there systems are red and need repairs in the base.

Right. That's correct, only the unarmed hunter and offroads respawn at 100%. Check above for fix, let me know what it does.

Hi Griffz,

I'm confused, all I see is UPSMON errors. Where/when was this RPT taken? What was going on? What is this "micro-freeze"? The persistent feature is disabled by default. Are you saying you enabled it and experienced the freezing?

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I just commited a potential fix for the MHQ respawn. If you know how to edit mission files you can try it out.

Yes absolutly, the cyclic freeze is gone after a reassign and disabling the feature "persistent", mission was ran from a linux server , i presume UPSMON has nothing to do with persistent feature.

i will try your fix .

Yes absolutly, the cyclic freeze is gone after a reassign and disabling the feature "persistent", mission was ran from a linux server , i presume UPSMON has nothing to do with persistent feature.

i will try your fix .

Okay this confirms it, that fix is for MHQs. I'll look into persistence but for now I'm leaving it disabled. I'm assuming its because it saves to the user profile each second.

Right. That's correct, only the unarmed hunter and offroads respawn at 100%. Check above for fix, let me know what it does.

That seems to have fixed it. It re-spawns and can be deployed when it does. Thank you again, on the steam work shop page for this map there was an older post saying you were looking for someone to fund/host a server for you to manage. I should be able to if you want to send me a PM if you still need it.

That seems to have fixed it. It re-spawns and can be deployed when it does. Thank you again, on the steam work shop page for this map there was an older post saying you were looking for someone to fund/host a server for you to manage. I should be able to if you want to send me a PM if you still need it.

Good, I'll add that to the 1.0 changelog. Thanks for your help! PM sent.