Kolmain

(Co30) Evolution-A3

(Co30) Evolution-A3

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/8865327/7921364/f944fe48-0872-11e5-8b42-c73af9b3b615.jpg (932 kB)

Evolution-A3 is a remake of the popular Armed Assault (ArmA) mission, Evolution Blue by KilJoy. Evolution-A3 features all of the original gameplay mechanics, either in their original form, redesigned by myself, or with similar community content replacing the functionality of the original outdated code.

Features

• All features can be disabled/enabled via mission parameters.
  • AI units can be recruited via bon_recruit_units at the staging base via action menu, and airdropped in the field via BI's communication menu.
  • Dynamic view distance settings with CHVD can be set via action menu in the staging base.
  • HALO insertions using ATM_airdrop via action menu in the staging base.
  • Player loadout saved to user profile and modified via BI's Virtual Arsenal.
  • The original Evolution sounds!
  • BI's dynamic groups interface can be used via action menu at the staging base or at anytime by pressing 'U'.
  • Meatball's randomWeather2 generates random, MP-sync'd weather throughout the game.
  • Quiksilver's cleanup and BI's wreck and corpse management keeps the mission running smooth throughout the entire game.
  • Overall unit management moved to UPSMON with minor script modifications.
  • CHHQ provides a mobile HQ transport option.
  • Headless Client implementation automatically detects and offloads AI to your HC.
  • Player Persistence keeps players at their last known locations with their last known loadout in the event of a disconnect and rejoin of the same session.
  • Pilot loadout requirements enforced to fly aircraft, includes auto-switching of loadout if you're in the base.
  • Modular sidemissions that provide bonus points to all players, and extra bonus points to the players responsible for completing the task, including: CSAR, Defend, Attack, Defend the Base, Ambush, and attack AAA.
  • Officer Capturing in every area of operation for bonus points!
  • OPFOR support assets may be available at the AO including mortar, anti-air, CAS, and sniper support.
  • Build structures in the field using R3F Logistics.
  • All powered by vanilla ArmA 3 content.

The overall goal of this project is to bring Evolution Blue up to ArmA 3 standards while preserving as much original gameplay as possible. Minor additions such as Revive and Support Assets that delineate from the original concept should be added with optional parameters.

Current Version

Sahrani Class Version

Altis Version
Collaborate or download on GitHub.

Requirements

Evolution-A3 uses no mods and is 100% Vanilla ArmA 3.
The Sahrani version uses the Community Upgrade Project.

RE: Submitting Bugs

For future reference everyone, when making a bug report on here/github/PM/anywhere, please submit it using this format:

What you did:
What you expected to happen:
What actually happened:
Any errors/logs to help:

Edited by Kolmain
Updated.
  • Like 2

Interested to see what u come up with! Any chance of a non-addon version on Altis? Thanx for bringing Evolution to ArmA3 somthing ArmA3 has been missing since the Alpha.

Interested to see what u come up with! Any chance of a non-addon version on Altis? Thanx for bringing Evolution to ArmA3 something ArmA3 has been missing since the Alpha.

I don't see why not, it should be fairly simple, just need to re-setup the objectives. But I definitely need some help on the project before we get there!

This is great news especially for ex Evo whores like myself.

Awesome Kolmain, looking forward to it, love Evolution!
This is great news especially for ex Evo whores like myself.

Thanks guys, I just spent all day working on the Altis branch, the core is there and playable, just some kinks to work out. Post on the issues if you can lend a hand!

Thanks guys, I just spent all day working on the Altis branch, the core is there and playable, just some kinks to work out. Post on the issues if you can lend a hand!

Tried to load this on my client an host but mission does'nt appear in mission list when attempting to host. Not sure if maybe it's me or not, anybody else encounter this?

Tried to load this on my client an host but mission does'nt appear in mission list when attempting to host. Not sure if maybe it's me or not, anybody else encounter this?

Its not built up yet, you have to get to it by the editor. I should have a MP-friendly PBO ready tonight, I'll post here when I do.

Its not built up yet, you have to get to it by the editor. I should have a MP-friendly PBO ready tonight, I'll post here when I do.

Roger thanx for the reply been waiting on Evolution to make it's way into ArmA3 since the Alpha as it's my al time fav mission in the ArmA series. may even bring my server back for this once done ;):yay: Eggbeast has been working on a version since the Alpha but i think life an such has gotten in the way of him completing his version for ArmA3.

Food for thought...you plan on adding support system like original Evo? Medic system( place mash-heal others directly or via mash= _ points) Engineer system(place farp w/repair truck present repairs/rearms/refuels friendly vehicles= _ points), commander system?(call support/place bunkers/ mhq control(Recon HG). Player system(place bunker small). Some of this is expanded support system from ArmA2 Evo(Gits/Xtra Evo) Capture Offfcer system=20-30 points, capture pow=3-5 points. Town capture=10 points. Player call support.... precision air strike, mortors,arty strike(small/large), chemical attack,Nuke. Call for ammo crate, recruit AI etc. Know I'm forgettin some things. Side missions....destroy convoy,destroy armor, boat patrol etc. know it's early in build was just thinking about it last nite an thoughts on implimeanting into ArmA3 version. Not sure if all this would require a new re-write using ArmA3 code or if scripting can be ported-reworked into ArmA3 with above mentioned features. Some of this i might've confused with Domination features...it's been awhile :D.

Edited by Call_911

Tried it out, respawn dont work, im sure thats still in the process of being built?

Suggestion for the vehicles, planes, choppers, maybe just planes and choppers use this--> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23020

it will cut down on the time everyone needs to travel.

Cannot get any ammo or weapons, assuming this is still yet to be implemented.

Tried it out, respawn dont work, im sure thats still in the process of being built?

Suggestion for the vehicles, planes, choppers, maybe just planes and choppers use this--> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23020

Noticed that too on weapons access. probably still WIP

My post is above yours no need to quote me, i know what i said, but ya obviously still wip.

My suggestion for the respawn is to have it where you can respawn back to base, respawn at mobile vehicles, and friendly player.

Another suggestion is to centralize the base, i can see what your trying to do in terms of capturing or achieving the objectives in a certain order, but i think if you use

the main Airport which is almost smack center of the map towards the bottom at least, then access to all the objectives you wont spend a day to get there.

Another tip too is not to spread stuff out all over creation, more specifically the ammo/weapon access close to where the player starts, or respawns at base, imo running all

over the place is annoying and i tend to edit missions because of this, you almost need a quad just to get around, you spend more time traveling to just get setup,

and then you need to travel again to get to the fight.

Suggest also adding a halo option.

Food for thought...you plan on adding support system like original Evo? Medic system( place mash-heal others directly or via mash= _ points) Engineer system(place farp w/repair truck present repairs/rearms/refuels friendly vehicles= _ points), commander system?(call support/place bunkers/ mhq control(Recon HG). Player system(place bunker small). Some of this is expanded support system from ArmA2 Evo(Gits/Xtra Evo) Capture Offfcer system=20-30 points, capture pow=3-5 points. Town capture=10 points. Player call support.... precision air strike, mortors,arty strike(small/large), chemical attack,Nuke. Call for ammo crate, recruit AI etc. Know I'm forgettin some things. Side missions....destroy convoy,destroy armor, boat patrol etc. know it's early in build was just thinking about it last nite an thoughts on implimeanting into ArmA3 version. Not sure if all this would require a new re-write using ArmA3 code or if scripting can be ported-reworked into ArmA3 with above mentioned features. Some of this i might've confused with Domination features...it's been awhile :D.

Thanks for the feedback. The MASH/FARP system is already implemented, but its using ArmA1 classnames. Those just need to be swapped out. I have an open GitHub issue for non-kill based points. I can add the small personal bunker but what classname should I use? The officer system is already implemented, as well as town capture. Player support has an open issue as well, but recruiting AI is already added. Use the action menu at base, or the comms menu in the field. Side missions got added last night too. The framework is already there for all of this, I just need to add it or have someone else pitch in. :)

Interesting on the respawn. SP doesn't have respawn but MP should as well as have the new BIS revive? I like the classic layout of Evolution, but Ill look into that. As it is right now the base is just plopped down. Its coded in such a way that the base could be anywhere and the scripts will adjust. Weapons should be available at the armory, full Virtual Arsenal. Is it not?

My post is above yours no need to quote me, i know what i said, but ya obviously still wip.

My suggestion for the respawn is to have it where you can respawn back to base, respawn at mobile vehicles, and friendly player.

Another suggestion is to centralize the base, i can see what your trying to do in terms of capturing or achieving the objectives in a certain order, but i think if you use

the main Airport which is almost smack center of the map towards the bottom at least, then access to all the objectives you wont spend a day to get there.

Another tip too is not to spread stuff out all over creation, more specifically the ammo/weapon access close to where the player starts, or respawns at base, imo running all

over the place is annoying and i tend to edit missions because of this, you almost need a quad just to get around, you spend more time traveling to just get setup,

and then you need to travel again to get to the fight.

Suggest also adding a halo option.

Respawn should already be setup that way as well as having BIS Revive enabled. I'll look into centralizing the base, I never liked that center airfield because its HUGE. Halo is already added as well.

Noticed that too on weapons access. probably still WIP

Weapons should be accessible at the armory.

Are you all using DEV1 or RC1?

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

;2928180']MHQ and respawn to it breaks imho

one of the KEY aspects of EVO...

TRANSPORT and Logistics....

Everything will be toggle-able via parameters. :D

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

Added the link to releases from GitHub: https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases/

RC1 now available.

I would gladly help out if I knew my way around the mission files/scripting for the most part I just can mainly pick some things apart an add it til i break it. Would have to find Gits Evolution an try to find the script that manages the place bunker. I tried to get that to work in another mission an could never get it to work maybe a function or stringtable I could'nt find or was hidden. Also there was a there was an old arty support/logistic released for ArmA2 that allowed the ability to place ammo crates in vehicles etc an also to drag an drop small static objects than would be nice to have. Dunno if it works for ArmA3 or if theres a ArmA3 version already released. I got it to work in an edited version of Evolution I hosted awhile back but hav'nt really messed with it since an it was a pain to get to work given my limated knowlegdge of editing vital mission files.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26159

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I'm testing it now, is virtual arsenal supposed to be accessed via the soldier? if so it does'nt pop up in action menu. just loaded the lateset on RC1.This is all just being hosted off my pc online. Would host it for more players but can't host ArmA online will get a small server on the 1st an start hosting/testing for mp.

I would gladly help out if I knew my way around the mission files/scripting for the most part I just can mainly pick some things apart an add it til i break it. Would have to find Gits Evolution an try to find the script that manages the place bunker. I tried to get that to work in another mission an could never get it to work maybe a function or stringtable I could'nt find or was hidden. Also there was a there was an old arty support/logistic released for ArmA2 that allowed the ability to place ammo crates in vehicles etc an also to drag an drop small static objects than would be nice to have. Dunno if it works for ArmA3 or if theres a ArmA3 version already released. I got it to work in an edited version of Evolution I hosted awhile back but hav'nt really messed with it since an it was a pain to get to work given my limated knowlegdge of editing vital mission files.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26159

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I'm testing it now, is virtual arsenal supposed to be accessed via the soldier? if so it does'nt pop up in action menu. just loaded the lateset on RC1.This is all just being hosted off my pc online. Would host it for more players but can't host ArmA online will get a small server on the 1st an start hosting/testing for mp.

I've got an idea to make a personal bunker/foxhole.

I'll open an issue to add a R3F logistics parameter, should be easy-peasy.

Walk over to the armory and see if you can use the Modify Loadout action.

I've got an idea to make a personal bunker/foxhole.

I'll open an issue to add a R3F logistics parameter, should be easy-peasy.

Walk over to the armory and see if you can use the Modify Loadout action.

K will try again here in a minute, nothing would appear via action menu or nothing to click. Also respawn did'nt have a respawn point associated to anything so could'nt respawn(maybe as u mentioned b4. tried to place the mobile respawn but trying to find a flat spot under fire is well ... interesting :d So did'nt manage to deploy the mhq. Will try again.

K will try again here in a minute, nothing would appear via action menu or nothing to click. Also respawn did'nt have a respawn point associated to anything so could'nt respawn(maybe as u mentioned b4. tried to place the mobile respawn but trying to find a flat spot under fire is well ... interesting :d So did'nt manage to deploy the mhq. Will try again.

Yeah I'm at the office so I can load it up and fix the respawn, sorry! There is an existing github issue for that though, I'll fix it at 5pm EST. The VA works in SP, not sure why it wouldn't work for you. So are you in MP or SP? If you're in MP check and see what the parameter is for rank weapons. Try each value and see if it works, could be possible I coded the enable/disable backward as it was late last night :o

Yeah I'm at the office so I can load it up and fix the respawn, sorry! There is an existing github issue for that though, I'll fix it at 5pm EST. The VA works in SP, not sure why it wouldn't work for you. So are you in MP or SP? If you're in MP check and see what the parameter is for rank weapons. Try each value and see if it works, could be possible I coded the enable/disable backward as it was late last night :o

I'am hosting it online but not on a dedi server just off my pc, is the virtual arsenal done off the soldier behing the desk at the Armory marker? Not sure about the respawn settings tried deploying the mhq in base(just to test) an also in the field but need to find a spot to test, as otherwise theres no respawn available in the respawn interface upon death, forcing me to have to restart.

I'am hosting it online but not on a dedi server just off my pc, is the virtual arsenal done off the soldier behing the desk at the Armory marker? Not sure about the respawn settings tried deploying the mhq in base(just to test) an also in the field but need to find a spot to test, as otherwise theres no respawn available in the respawn interface upon death, forcing me to have to restart.

You should have the option to Modify Loadout when you're within 15m of the Armory guy behind the table.