thedog88

Operation Trebuchet - Total conversion mod for Arma 3

Great job. Some of the textures look a touch too flat and clean but still a massive improvement over the old ones :)

I'm wondering though, the BR55 wasn't in that list...

The new MA5 textures look good, but I just hope you'll also make them a bit less shiny/reflective (like the very first version iirc).

Holy sheet its good 0.0

I reiterate my position that the textures could look a bit more "used" but nonetheless its still a huge improvement over the previous update :)

The eyewear is starting to look a bit out of place though...

The new uniforms, gear and weapons (textures) look amazing. 

Anyway I just really hope you'll tune down the shinynees/reflectiveness of all the infantry armor and ARs to a less glossy and more matte and realistic finish like that of the OPCAN H3 marines for example, especially the MA5Cs in direct sunlight are ridiculously shiny, the Ma37 now has the same problem, but it was fine in the earlier version, where it wasn't too matte nor too shiny, just like the very first MA5 models back in the day.

"Adjusted Magnum engagement ranges to prevent AI using them over primaries"

If you ever do add the M6D (Halo CE) magnum... I hope we are thinking the same thing XD

We've just released a complete overhaul of the First Contact expansion for Operation: TREBUCHET. For those unfamiliar, this mod aims to bring the Covenant into ArmA 3 as well as possible. Currently, it is slim on content, with only Elites filling the roster at the moment, but the goal is to build it up over time alongside the main mod. You can check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1572627279

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man, what a nice surprise! It's always good to have more alternatives for aliens models. ;)

I reckon we almost have enough variety across mods for Arma3 to remake XCOM! ^^

Super quick feedback after playing around : 3d models are top quality, those Elites are fucking gorgeous! <3

I reckon it's going to be a lot of fun to fight these guys. Morton's marines look awesome too, that's an impressive package.

I did notice a couple issues, nothing serious :

- When FC is loaded, some of the backpacks from OPTRE seem to disappear from the Virtual Arsenal.

- The railgun sounds like a rocket launcher - not sure if the sound is a placeholder, but it seemed a bit "heavy" for a weapon that size.

- Elites speak with english voices : I know creating new speeches is a pain, but I would suggest using the VR Farsi voice with a low pitch for now - it does work pretty well I think.

Thanks to the team for making the most comprehensive scifi mod out there!

• Like 1

So I haven't followed the development of this mod in a while so I apologize if this has been discussed before, but Is there plans regarding adding armor variants for the spartans? Preferably the Achilles armor from Halo 5?