Sign in to follow this  
FidelKGB

Usefull vehlices

Finnaly mechanic understand but others who want continue in his path of work you will start creating cars we can use in missions like limo,jeeps,trucks,vans(with mg propably for guerrila) and so on.I' don't say the civilian cars is bad.but for now we have them a lot.maybe you don't agree but i fell it this way

you mean mehanic right ;p his name isnt mechanic :-) plus those cars are great for say druglord missions etc... or vip missions :-)

-BlackDeath

I would agree. I can see a few cars for VIP mission, etc. but when their making practically every car thats ever existed I think thats a little much. I think the energy would be better devoted to making a new gun, or tank, or some other military weapon/vehicle.

I couldnt agree with you more. Sure its fine to make different addons every once and awhile but I think we could use more tanks or new soldier models or something.

*sigh* OK, I'm officially creating a new acronym:

IYDLIDDI - If you don't like it, don't download it

From my perspective, all those cars were preferable to the 180 jets that came out after O2 was released.

Moral of the story is, people will make what they want. No point in trying to force someone who is into cars into making a chopper. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Oct. 02 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Instead of making 20 shit quality cars he cou;d've made 5 good quality<span id='postcolor'>

Boooo!!!

tounge.gif

Weapons, combat vehicles, combat aircraft and helecopters are coming out in droves, so personally I'm sorry to see mechanic go. he was just beginning to bring out ordinary civilian cars which would be fully representative of the victims of "collateral damage."

Only want pure military addons? good for you. Personally I'd like the option of being able to add depth to a mission; like things which would be encountered in the real world.

hell i jus luv any addons apart from weapons usually while weps r good there're farely boring and dont do anything differently but vechciles and soldier models add alot, mechanics cars were fun and could almost feel like a car sim driving round nogova hell car sims dont give u the freedom and there inside views r usually crap but not ofps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Oct. 03 2002,04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Instead of making 20 shit quality cars he cou;d've made 5 good quality<span id='postcolor'>

I think his Lada is the best user made car addon. And we can always edit Mehanics configs to make his cars more realistic and giving him the full credit.

IMO Mehanic made good job on his addons, specially his last cars; Lada, Golfs, Volvo and Boxer were high quality (except sounds and realism in car behaviour, but those two are very easy to fix). And one thing most peole are forgotting is that he released his addons. I don't see many new O2 made addons bigger than weapons released these days. Like Fubar said IYDLIDDI confused.gif.

consider this; he may have not contributed to the community at all.. this goes for all people who are making mods.

I don't see a point to pessimism apon creative enthusiasts.. as major fubar says, IYDLIDDI.

I say be thankful someone, somewhere is making a contribution at all, it's all encouraging smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 02 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone actually USED any of his addons in a mission?!<span id='postcolor'>

Yep.

I think that its good to have all sorts of addons because you get more out of the game that way it opens up more doors. Cars a usefull in some missions even if they are civillion. people should make what they want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From my perspective, all those cars were preferable to the 180 jets that came out after O2 was released.

<span id='postcolor'>

For me, I can say that I couldn't notice one single bullshit jet, after the release of o2...

bye,

gr4vy

I think *BIS* should stop making useless cars.

The only usable addon in Res was the V-80, that shakes uncontrollably and has unrealistic weapons.

V-80 shakes uncontrollably and has unrealistic weapons?  i think you just can't fly and also don't know enough about the real helo itself  biggrin.gif   in my opinion the handling of the v-80 is great, more realistic--helicopters dont just stay straight on their own, the pilot has to give a lot of input into the controls just to keep it straight and level.  i personally like the v-80 and think its the best helo in the game, aside from the apache

Edit: oops almost forgot... stop with all the car addons and throw some more vehicles in there please biggrin.gif

Navy is right, in real life you have to push all these buttons and shit that would confuse me and cause me to crash the damn thing. You don't just push a button and expect it to level out

yea instead of cars, maybe somebody should start making 18 wheelers smile.gif than make a interstate highway... and a truck stop smile.gif

Heh, compare Mechanics first car Ford Bronco with Vaz or my favourite Volvo 740, grat progress indeed.

Anyway, Machanic's choice was to make civ cars. It's his right to do so. I prefer Mechanic making his cars than Mechanic not making anything.

Our right is to download it and have fun with it or point the faults of the addon, not complaining that addon was released.

well we still have Black Baron who made the charger, he's also finishing up his Corvette Stingray and i think he is working on a Ford Hotrod.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NavyEEL @ Oct. 05 2002,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">V-80 shakes uncontrollably and has unrealistic weapons?  i think you just can't fly and also don't know enough about the real helo itself  biggrin.gif   in my opinion the handling of the v-80 is great, more realistic--helicopters dont just stay straight on their own, the pilot has to give a lot of input into the controls just to keep it straight and level.  i personally like the v-80 and think its the best helo in the game, aside from the apache

Edit:  oops almost forgot... stop with all the car addons and throw some more vehicles in there please   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That might be true IRL, but you can´t give that kind of "input" in OFP, you shake even when you hover normally.

The double-rotor setup of the KA-50/52 makes them THE most stable choppers in the world, so it´s ironic that BIS messing up (just with the chopper, great work otherwise) should make the V-80 the MOST unstable helo in the game confused.gif

And about the weapons, 57mm rockets don´t make that big explosions IRL and the AT6 missiles are WAY too inaccurate (you hover 2 km away, hold you sights exactly on a stationary target and it often hits the ground in front of it...not so with the Hellfire)

Guest BratZ

People seem to whine about what others are doing with their time but yet do nothing but sit here and complain.

You don't like cars! Well O2 was released and you are welcome to make what you want.I don't have time to make all those cars and any car is welcome to me.

The game has plenty and has more coming war machines of every type.

You bunch of whiners drove Mehanic away, just play the game and shuddup, if you don't like cars don't dl and don't use them!!!!!

I also noticed that most all the ones that whine haven't made anything themselves.Well go make something so that I can put it down and you will never beat Mehanics cars.I am just gratefull that Baron is still making some.

You bunch o babies stay away from him and go play with your rifles (If I see another sniper rifle!!!!wink.gif