cervantes

WW2 warships release on arma3 engine

no mate i understand ;) i use similar res lod with actual simulation.

for the moment i just search if i can moving and lock a torpedoes on the _z axis.

because the actual script lock a torpedo on the angle of target only on _x and _y

i just need find how lock a torpedo on the _z axis same to others axis for working one real torpedo simulation.

for missile simulation if you want make one fast model and model.cfg and config cpp i can try this :)

if a result is positive i can modifiate this simulation.

completely intended to make one up after work tonight but didnt expect to be this tired, configs are definately not my strong point but i'll give it a go. failing that you will definately get a G7e/T2 model.

Not the T5 like in Arma 2 (aka G7e/TV), or were the differences entirely non-externally-visible?

All of the torpedos used by the Kriegsmarine were the same dimensions, it was only when you got to the ones fired from E-boats and destroyers that there became a little bit more variety. A T2 would be easier as it wont require a stream of bubbles after it, although T2's were rubbish (bad pistols both contact and magnetic fired)

Edited by farside

yes a kriegsmarine developed a first acoustic torpedoes.

because a ennemies destroyers ships haved a very low water line and classic g7e passtrought under the destroyers without affected they :)

a first g7e is developed for a big cargo ship which is very deep down in the water.

hey guys i have find how enhancing a torpedoes launching :)

now a torpedoes is exatly spawned on torpedoes launcher memorie point and velocity is apply on all vectors.

this offert one very good rendering on the launching sequence.

i think i can now trying to apply a position of target for define a depth of torpedoes and lock the torpedo on this damned _z axis ;)

Edited by CERVANTES

hi guys a new torpedoes core have now progress.

hi have find and fixed a torpedoes launching and move, the torpedoes use now a perfect velocity on vectors and can lock the ennemies submarines under the water on _z axis.

this is one great update.

a released simulating now a submarine vs submarine fighting and working actually for decoys a ennemies torpedoes with pillenwerfer counter measure.

Edited by CERVANTES

hi guys a new torpedoes core have now progress.

hi have find and fixed a torpedoes launching and move, the torpedoes use now a perfect velocity on vectors and can lock the ennemies submarines under the water on _z axis.

this is one great update.

a released simulating now a submarine vs submarine fighting and working actually for decoys a ennemies torpedoes with pillenwerfer counter measure.

excellent i hope you plan to do some modern era subs for both NATO and CSAT

hi mate no i d'ont plan to working a modern submarines.

but we actually working with Nico pedersen of hell of pacific mod for an epic ww2 battleships mod compatibility:)

Great work but, unless I'm mistaken, there was very little submarine vs submarine battles in WW2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Venturer_(P68)#Action_of_9_February_1945

Personally given Arma's bias towards infantry combat, I think that a fully-functioning submarine might more interesting as an authentic and atmospheric means of inserting and extracting, commandos and/or frogmen, e.g. Russia's RON frogmen

Insertion for intelligence gathering, sabotage, assassination & kidnap all spring to mind!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit

How I mourn the passing of the Hidden & Dangerous series....

Edited by domokun

exatly mate :)

its for this a first released of mod d'ont simulate this and simulating only a sunk of surfacing ships because a torpedoes working by kriegsmarine enginers were studied for sink a cargo and tanker ships.

i have implemented this in A3 for working one new torpedo core reference.

i hope this core helping others addons makers for working a modern submarine with a good torpedoes simulation.

in 1944/1945 a germans u-boat using a acoustic torpedoes and a firsts fights submarine vs submarine is born ;)

if this fights are scarce they existed :)

Amazing work Cervantes, I think most of us players are looking forward the release of naval mod experience for Arma 3.

exatly mate :)

its for this a first released of mod d'ont simulate this and simulating only a sunk of surfacing ships because a torpedoes working by kriegsmarine enginers were studied for sink a cargo and tanker ships.

i have implemented this in A3 for working one new torpedo core reference.

i hope this core helping others addons makers for working a modern submarine with a good torpedoes simulation.

in 1944/1945 a germans u-boat using a acoustic torpedoes and a firsts fights submarine vs submarine is born ;)

if this fights are scarce they existed :)

Ah you mean the Zaunkonig

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G7es_torpedo

BTW since you like the term "mate" and relish naval culture, you might be interested in its etymological origins, i.e. matelot (French term for sailor)

you're psychiatrist? :p

a naval culture is so important if you want simulating this with maximum details :)

ty for your suport Nikiforos i hope with this released be up to what you expect ;)

Edited by CERVANTES

I know that for some time there is no progress info on this thread and I don't want to break the forum rules with my post, but I'm very anxious as especially the torpedoes part is highly interesting for me most of all, so, first thing first, I have to ask how is going that part of your mod ...

Also, as I'm probably one of many other modders trying to implement your torpedo firing and detonating part on their submarines (or ships), I'd like to ask how hard it is for you to share that knowledge with us ... I know that this might not your intention, but for sure the community will appreciate such an action by your side if you decide to do it. Again if you don't want to ... we can understand this also.

Please excuse my bad English ... and ... as I wrote above ... I'm very anxious to learn through your work as it will be something new for all of us here (modders).

Thanks in advance and no offence taken I hope.

im really sorry for no news but actualy arma3 engine creating a troubls with setvelocity command and i can't foward actualy.

i hope bis dev fix this problem and unstuck my project ;)

for the moment i have finich to add a new averages desk on the u-boat status.

we see the averages on u-boat hitparts and real time damage on this hitparts.

a crews launch reparations on damaged hitparts if this hitparts is not totaly destroyed.

• Like 11

out of curiosity, are all these WW2 ship models ports from other games like the silent hunter franchise, and that ubisoft, the game owners,  they're cool with having their models "ported" into other games ?  or all they all made in a 3d program by yourself ?

this is not silent hunter models.

we have worked a models on arma oficial tools oxygen2.

the authors of this models is gachopin and her friend and me :)

hi guys i have finich today my first arma3 map ;)

and mapping a north atlantic ground map and add some rocks clutters.

• Like 5