does the tablet bleed out of your screen? Unfortunately I would not know what to do about this, I have done all the safeZone stuff I can understand.

Also I do not understand if the rappelling option does not come up - remember there's two rapelling addons by Duda123, Advanced Rappelling and Advanced URBAN Rappeling. U need the non-urban one :)

thanks for your replay. 

can other mods cause this? I tried changing resolution, but didn't help. 

I tried turning off other mods. I tried only with RHS, CUP and CBA, rappeling + enhanced mods. 

btw C2-command I have downloaded from steam as well as CBA. is steam CBA version suitable for your mod? 

Hi Mad Cheese,

great mod, enjoying it a lot!

One possible bug though:
I see the same behaviour as pkmlover.

Select all units in HUD mode cuts out after a while.

Repro (which works most of the time)

- Eden: Place fireteam

- Select all in HUD mode and move them --> Works

- Select one Soldier and use the radial menu grenade throw feature --> Works

- Try selecting all units in HUD mode again, repeat  --> only works sporadically

Other than that, amazing job! Hope BI takes some inspiration from you for their tactical DLC!

Cheers

Crusader

Hey, thanks for the repro steps, I will try this out.

There is indeed a mysterious disappearance of the HUD-Keybinds happening. To be precise, something happens that screws up the CBA-Up eventhandlers in particular, thats why the modifiers (C2_ALT etc) never get reset and therefore the controls to select units are prevented. I have not been able to figure out what causes this, but the hint to the grenades could be very valuable, I have not used those in a while and have not lost the keybinds either.

Other than that, I have managed to migrate the tablet functions into the main map display. You can toggle the controls. The displayed information is dependent on difficulty settings: Veteran and above will only display unitmarkers and the first line if the unit has some sort of gps/terminal/dagr. The other lines and wp-markers are displayed normally. A difficulty setting below veteran will constantly have the lines displayed, units are always visible independent of any items.

T1_zpsi2guykve.jpg

I didn't make it pretty yet but it was already apain in the ass to make it work :803:

Anyways, I do see how this is a lot more intuitive. Back then I liked the tablet for many reasons and it still works, but yeah. I think this will actually open up planning mode for a lot of people and I am about to have my first run with MCC4 and Advanced AI Command :)

EDIT:

Repro (which works most of the time)

- Eden: Place fireteam
- Select all in HUD mode and move them --> Works
- Select one Soldier and use the radial menu grenade throw feature --> Works
- Try selecting all units in HUD mode again, repeat --> only works sporadically

MAN!! This is so damn valuable. I didn't figure out what it i yet but I could never wrap my head around where this issue even came from. THANKS :)

• Like 1

I would like request to have a possibility to Recruit  a new full unit by looking at the officer and to be able to spwan in a helo at a designated helipad.Sometimes,Ineed a ride home.

mad_cheese

I have steam version CBA A3 and steam version of your mod. is the steam CBA suitable for your mod? 

I tried EVERYTHING. changing resolutions or disabling every mods and using only CBA, your mod,advanced rappelling , RHS+Cup and no success at all :(

i'm so sorry man, I have no idea.  I do not understand 100% what is going on, you have a UI issue on one hand with the tablet being displayed wrong, then on top you have an issue with HUD mode not working?

As for the UI, in the next version you can also use the main map for planning, so that could fix your UI issue eventually. I really do not understand what the problem is, I did all the safeZone stuff and it seems to work for the rest so I do not know what factors can play into this.

I would like request to have a possibility to Recruit  a new full unit by looking at the officer and to be able to spwan in a helo at a designated helipad.Sometimes,Ineed a ride home.

I will repeat myself, I will not give you any spawning/reinformcement. Who is "The Officer"?

This is, again, mission related stuff and you need an extra resource/addon for that. Try this for example.

Looking forward to the next version then :)

I've certainly NOT noticed any problems with the UI so far.

What do i need push to mark few of my man, and see where they will stop (those color circles)?

mad_cheese

I found my problem...

my resolution is 1024X768 unfortunately... I fixed anyway. it's so annoying to play that way, but your mod is truly brilliant!!!! thanks a million for your hard work!

damn okay.. i guess there's nothing i can do to help? if I can fix something, find out how and let me know :)

What do i need push to mark few of my man, and see where they will stop (those color circles)?

I guess you mean the HUD-objects? Press CTRL + F1 to select/Deselect all. CTRL + F1 - F0 selects individual units.

Then it's CTRL + RMB to give the order.

By the way I am also slowly making progress in the area of cover finding.

• Like 4

mad_cheese

when I use advanced rappelling, helicopter gets stuck in the sky, then sloooowly goes down and only a few AI slides down. and when I use tablet for some specified building, the helicopter flies kinda further or flies wrongly. I tried this on chernarus and nogova. 

does your mod support ONLY RHS and cup? 

Guys...  Not to toot my own horns but the new stuff I made YOU WILL LOVE IT! more details tomorrow :) I'm going to bed happy

mad_cheese

when I use advanced rappelling, helicopter gets stuck in the sky, then sloooowly goes down and only a few AI slides down. and when I use tablet for some specified building, the helicopter flies kinda further or flies wrongly. I tried this on chernarus and nogova. 

does your mod support ONLY RHS and cup? 

I see what the problem is.. On those maps, you may have "buildings" but you do not have many  "houses". Meaning that 98% of buildings have no path lods / building positions, so the building will not be recognized as such - since your AI could not walk on or inside of it. I might add a check to see if the player is the only unit to be rappeled. You could fix this by using OpenChernarus I suppose.

What you see as 'the wrong position' is just the default position the chopper moves to, they are not precise unless you apply black magic. By default, the chopper will avoid positions over buildings and rather fly to a closeby empty space.

But other than that, there's still issues with the correct flyinheight when rappelling on buildings so yes there's some work to be done.

• Like 7

Somehow i cannot select all units, or any unit via CTR + FX, also 3D menu is those circle-shaped menu, i havent an unit icon, nor those color circles. I play with ACE.

^^ try without ACE first of all to see if there is a conflict.

REALLY looking forward to your new changes MC !

A question or two for Mr. Cheese, or anyone else who can help.

I'm trying this out now, quite impressed but have a question with regards to AI Helo's.

Does the Helo have to be grouped to the player to get him to.

a. have everyone board

b. set the helo's waypoint?

c. lastly fastroping, when the helo arrives at the fast rope waypoint, all the AI fastrope out, including the helo crew, and one of my guys remains as pilot.

love the concept of this, and it's taking a lot of adjustment to open menu's etc, when I press ctrl-tab, my steam overlay also opens, can this be re mapped?

Also meant to add, the add/remove suppressors doesn't seem to work for me either......it does when I use the RHS units, and their default weapons, but now with the KSK addon and it's G36 addon.

Does the Helo have to be grouped to the player to get him to.

a. have everyone board

b. set the helo's waypoint?

c. lastly fastroping, when the helo arrives at the fast rope waypoint, all the AI fastrope out, including the helo crew, and one of my guys remains as pilot.

Yes the pilot has to be in your group. You can disband and rejoin the pilots to the reserve (High Command or C2 High Command) when needed.

c) no. There is a check being made to see if the unit is a pilotclass or in a gunner-seat. This function failing is possible with addons I guess.

At some point in the future I will try to include landings for High Command, which is the only way you should be able to control AI that are not in your group (unless of course in a mission where ie transport units will be created just to help you).

love the concept of this, and it's taking a lot of adjustment to open menu's etc, when I press ctrl-tab, my steam overlay also opens, can this be re mapped?

Yes! That's my figuring out if you mean business. Arma 3's controls range over the whole keyboard. There's limitations within the ways I can use UI-Eventhandlers. The way to work around that is adjusting a few of A3's keybinds, or the ones of C2. That's just the way it is. Look at it like this: You need maybe 1h to get a good grip on C2. I needed 100s of h to write this shit lol, keep in mind i'm a hobby 'developer'.

Also the STEAM overlay - see, the original overlay command is SHIFT+TAB, which is also my preferred Tablet-Key. That's why I did actually change the original C2-TABLET-keybind to CTRL+ Tab, and later changed it back to SHIFT+TAB in the game for myself, I then also set my StEAM Overlay to CTRL+TAB. And..  it appears that you also changed your STEAM-Overlay to CTRL + TAB. :P

It's a shame that there is some clashes but believe me I am trying my best to avoid those. Also, I am making a little guide how to get adjusted rather quick, so people know what the clashes might be before they get frustrated. Then again sometimes people get weirdly aggressive about this issue as if I have an obligation to make things work for them, in that case I could not care less to improve their SP-Grind :)

the add/remove suppressors doesn't seem to work for me either......it does when I use the RHS units, and their default weapons, but now with the KSK addon and it's G36 addon.

soooo. it does work. Just not with that addon. It's interesting though, I do try to make things work with mods too, so I'd be interested what mods these are exactly and before that even if the silencer is 100% a detachable one. I think there's weapons floating around that just have silencers, like back in the A2 days.

Hey, random side note: VBS suppression is coming to C2. I also managed to get a better grip on the new AI-suppression in general. It seems to have a few caveats but works great, with my custom targetObjects you can also have the units engage elevated positions.

• Like 6

Mate, I REALLY love what you're doing and where you're going with this.

I got the steam overlay sorted, it was the helo issue I wanted to correct, so as long as I group just the pilot, to my team, I can have the helo be my bitch :P

I noticed that when you give the chopper a command to land, he does, then takes off again, I'm presuming this is because he's actually part of the group, and doesn't want to feel left out!! :D

Yep, with RHS, the remove suppressors works a charm, it maybe because my G36's are using my own custom Suppressors, I will try them with perhaps SMA, it's a really cool little feature.

Did you say there was also a command to have them all switch on their lasers? Perhaps integrating the Helmet IR strobes into this would also be kind of cool, with a wheel to say "switch on Strobes"

Like I said, mega impressed with this, it's like learning to walk all over again, but worth it, the AI with enhanced is sweet, but still get the swimming animation happening to at least one squad member per session, a minor bug to be squashed. 

Mate, I REALLY love what you're doing and where you're going with this.

I got the steam overlay sorted, it was the helo issue I wanted to correct, so as long as I group just the pilot, to my team, I can have the helo be my bitch :P

I noticed that when you give the chopper a command to land, he does, then takes off again, I'm presuming this is because he's actually part of the group, and doesn't want to feel left out!! :D

Yep, with RHS, the remove suppressors works a charm, it maybe because my G36's are using my own custom Suppressors, I will try them with perhaps SMA, it's a really cool little feature.

Did you say there was also a command to have them all switch on their lasers? Perhaps integrating the Helmet IR strobes into this would also be kind of cool, with a wheel to say "switch on Strobes"

Like I said, mega impressed with this, it's like learning to walk all over again, but worth it, the AI with enhanced is sweet, but still get the swimming animation happening to at least one squad member per session, a minor bug to be squashed. 

Hey, didn't mean to come across too snappy, it's just that for general bug reports etc I need vanilla information and/or a clear repro especially for addon related stuff. I may actually get something great out of it that way. The silencers for example - I take all information for unit's items/weapons/mags from the config, so I assume that either the addons you described use a different structure or there's a better configEntry to use than the one I do.

Strobes and Lasers both can be toggled. In the radial menu, there's an "ITEMS" Section (lower right of core) with the Icons for Laser and Strobes. LMB activates, RMB deactivates. The unit needs to have a suitable item in it's inventory. The next update also contains a toggle for NVG-assignment.

"Helmet Strobes" - I honestly need to ask if that exists? I need to look into that, I am using IR_grenades

By the way the chopper.. It should not fly off unless you return it to formation, but there seems to be  bug indeed where the pilot switches the motor back on.

I saw Ai walking on ladder (group commander was AI) - they was walking onto chamber with ladder to take better spot. Is this work of C2?

Hey, didn't mean to come across too snappy, it's just that for general bug reports etc I need vanilla information and/or a clear repro especially for addon related stuff. I may actually get something great out of it that way. The silencers for example - I take all information for unit's items/weapons/mags from the config, so I assume that either the addons you described use a different structure or there's a better configEntry to use than the one I do.

Strobes and Lasers both can be toggled. In the radial menu, there's an "ITEMS" Section (lower right of core) with the Icons for Laser and Strobes. LMB activates, RMB deactivates. The unit needs to have a suitable item in it's inventory. The next update also contains a toggle for NVG-assignment.

"Helmet Strobes" - I honestly need to ask if that exists? I need to look into that, I am using IR_grenades

By the way the chopper.. It should not fly off unless you return it to formation, but there seems to be  bug indeed where the pilot switches the motor back on.

I never took your response as snappy at all, so no need to worry.

Tested this quite a bit last night, if the Helo has more than 2 crew, 1, if not 2 Aircrew rappel instead of team members, that's using USAF HH-60G's

The lasers on command works a dream.

The remove suppressors using my own suppressors (using same configs as RH) doesn't seem to work.

To get the chopper pilot to remain, I give him a get out order, that seems to keep him static.

Helmet strobes exist, there's actually an addon that reproduces it, not 100% accurate but yes, IRL they exist and in game they do too   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23918   ;)

everyone knows about  bug with drunken heli pilots at high altitudes.

today I  found that this bug does not apply to some RHS helicopters...

exmple Mi-8MT at 1200m

https://youtu.be/g5ZkkIUyck8?t=50

edit; 

it works with every heli in arma3 and mods,  but only if you set default Move waypoint in editor and then play your scenario...

• Like 2

Guys...  Not to toot my own horns but the new stuff I made YOU WILL LOVE IT! more details tomorrow :) I'm going to bed happy

Mad Cheese, you big tease. I've been checking this thread multiple times a day since you posted this. As Kremator said, I'm excited to hear about the new changes.

:)

I sent you the beta. I won't be releasing an update this week although it's sort of finished, reason being it's now a new benchmark for C2 and I want to give it a proper release with a new video.

Anyone who wants access to the Beta, just send me a PM

• Like 2