Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Arma 3 (STABLE) 1.48.131785+ stress-test MP (MultiPlayer)

STABLE build : 1.48.131785+

branch: STABLE (note: PROFILING/PERFORMANCE/RC is compatible with STABLE)
password: -not needed-
^ this password unlocks specific (branch) on steam

*noteworthy: memory crashes fixed, allocation crashes fixed, (crashes from KOTH, BreakingPoint, Wasteland, Epoch etc.) and many generic crashes, tweaks for better performance etc.

play IT, break IT, report IT http://feedback.arma3.com/

KOTH 3rd person
2 server up (up to 102 players each) - EUROPE,
94.23.112.9:2102
94.23.112.9:2202

KOTH 3rd person
2 servers up (up to 102 players each) - NORTH AMERICA
192.99.47.216:2102
192.99.47.216:2202

4-8 servers up (up to 72 players each) - EUROPE
KOTH 3rd person
37.187.132.224:2102
37.187.132.224:2202
WASTELAND
37.187.132.224:2402
EUTW
37.187.132.224:2802 - OFFLINE
Blitzkrieg
37.187.132.224:2902 - OFFLINE
Invade&Annex
37.187.132.224:3002
Whole Lotta Altis
37.187.132.224:3102 - OFFLINE
Zeus (voting enabled)
37.187.132.224:3302

atm. tracking serious crash bug !

Purpose of this testing is stress test the servers to extreme
if there is lag/desync or other issue then we can capture it to try fix it ;)

size difference between branches (STABLE to PERFORMANE is usually just some MB due to binaries)

note: make sure you don't select DEV branch (1GB+ from stable to DEV (same apply from DEV to RC))
note: if you get kicked for some BattlEye script restriction (e.g. #22) goto Editor, load Altis, exit editor, try-rejoin the server
note: KOTH mission restarts when team reach 100 tickets on capture, next session auto-start soon after
note: server might be restarted if needed, I will announce it in global chat ahead
note: VON lag/stutter still unsolved for global/side channels (really problematic bug)

note: guide how change branches : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149411-How-to-change-Arma-3-branches-between-STABLE-amp-DEVELOPMENT-versions-STEAM-client

Step 1. Right click on Arma 3 in your steam library
Step 2. Select Properties
Step 3. Go to Betas tab
Step 4. Enter the password provided by Dwarden in the
"Enter beta access code to unlock private betas" text entry area
Step 5. Click "Check Code" button
Step 6. Select the relevant RC from the dropdown list
Step 7. Wait for update files to DL and patch
Step 8. Launch Arma 3 and select "Play" and then "Multiplayer"
Step 9. In the Multiplayer server browser select "Remote"
Step 10. Enter the IP address provided then enter the port number provided
Step 11. Return to the server browser and you will see the test server
double click on it or select it and click "connect"

Reddit post
http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/
STEAM discussion post
http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/
BIForum post
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187697

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

no clue why, my update stops always at 98%, and fails to fully update. It goes to update paused after a while, and then attempting to continue the update forces it to start over, continuing the cycle of... not updating.

Regarding these crashes Dwarden. I tried possible fixes (as usual some guys know to cure everything..) I found on the net. So now I deleted all the dll files in the dll-folder in A3 folder. How can I actually play the game without these dll-files? are they basically all allocators which are not being used atm ??

where is that EUTW chim. server located?? shows 340 ping for me ?!

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

don't erase ANY files ... that's not cure for crashes ...

Another month and still nothing appears to fix the VON that was broken many months ago now. Lets hope the community want physx changes rather than teamplay fixes that this appears to concentrate on yay :/

I prefer being able to play and not crashing to desktop due to physx and i can live with lagging von which only appears in sidechat..

Another month and still nothing appears to fix the VON that was broken many months ago now. Lets hope the community want physx changes rather than teamplay fixes that this appears to concentrate on yay :/

Are you talking about the lag ? I experienced that issue yesterday, for the first time and it's really annoying.

I prefer being able to play and not crashing to desktop due to physx and i can live with lagging von which only appears in sidechat..

I completely agree !! I never experienced that anyway, as I find VON chat pretty chaotic, especially on servers with many players on.

Having mods as TFAR we can live without it just fair :D

note: VON lag/stutter still unsolved for global/side channels (really problematic bug)

As I remember such VON lag/stutter happened in Arma2 after VON internet traffic(thread) was combined with the game data traffic. After that update players started to notice VON lag. Maybe this information will give you an idea where to search.

As I remember such VON lag/stutter happened in Arma2 after VON internet traffic(thread) was combined with the game data traffic. After that update players started to notice VON lag. Maybe this information will give you an idea where to search.

that's my own theory too, which makes it even more complicated ...

that's my own theory too, which makes it even more complicated ...

Interestingly enough, the more someone uses VON, the better their transmit quality becomes, when heard by others. It also is only on Side and Global channels. Group/Direct/Vehicle are unaffected. Unsure of Command channel. And custom channels are unaffected.

well there was updated (patch or two ago) to the Speex library which made the audio quality way more crisp and clear ...

now we need fix the the lagged/garbled playback

How about considering Opus, instead of Speex? Just like Speex, it's an open format aimed towards VON, and can be considered the successor of Speex.

Speex is outdated. The last stable release of libspeex is eight years old.

Not that I know if it will solve any problems, but maybe it's worth to consider?

Maybe it's a huge amount of work? Maybe it will bring new problems? I don't know, I'm no expert. I just wanted to bring the discussion to the table.

How about considering Opus, instead of Speex? Just like Speex, it's an open format aimed towards VON, and can be considered the successor of Speex.

Speex is outdated. The last stable release of libspeex is eight years old.

Not that I know if it will solve any problems, but maybe it's worth to consider?

Maybe it's a huge amount of work? Maybe it will bring new problems? I don't know, I'm no expert. I just wanted to bring the discussion to the table.

the codec itself is more likely unrelated to the problem ... as it was introduced around 1.18 and became real issue past 1.26

note: OPUS & co. is on my list for quite some time, so it's just matter of resources ;)

When testing altis benchmark mission I didn't see lower fps, pretty much identical to current one and could be even 1-2fps better. Just repoting that on a quick look, SP performance here is the same as with 1.36 :)

When testing altis benchmark mission I didn't see lower fps, pretty much identical to current one and could be even 1-2fps better. Just repoting that on a quick look, SP performance here is the same as with 1.36 :)

Do you use Fred's registry tweak? if yes is it disabled?

minor 1.38 RC update today & all seems promising for 1.38 stable tomorrow, time to make switch ;) last night for feedback - test it !

Do you use Fred's registry tweak? if yes is it disabled?

If enabled game crash starts to happen.

So you disable the tweak and still get the same FPS , guess that's a good sign then :)

Are you on dev build or RC?

If enabled game crash starts to happen.

crash happen only if the flag in binary is not set as explained by me here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177454-a-simple-registry-tweak-for-increased-performance&p=2859729&viewfull=1#post2859729

but that was always needed for stable client / server afaik

So you disable the tweak and still get the same FPS , guess that's a good sign then :)

Are you on dev build or RC?

I tested between stable and RC but I didn't test the stable performance with the registry tweak if there's any difference anymore. I'll test it now.

/No difference even in the stable between using or not using. Seems like it hasn't have any effect for a while then. -tbbmalloc and large pages are still running nicely :)

Edited by St. Jimmy