Oh, by the way, I totally forgot :

When do you hear that click noise? On meadows or forests or houses?

Last time I noticed it, I was standing right next to a couple of houses - I believe the game picks up SFX-houses samples in that situation?

It's either that or meadows. And it was around 5 a.m, so it would be in the nocturn sfx.

There is a fix in the first post to fix loud sonic cracks.

I used to run Arma 3 in the Windows volume mixer at 100%, and the effects volume in game at 20%. Now i swapped it around so the in-game effects volume is at 100% and the windows volume mixer setting for Arma 3 is at 20%. Not having the issue anymore. Obviously this is not proper solution to advice all users to do this but it's a viable workaround for me.

Just wondering what gun mods you recommend running with this to get the best effects? (saw a promo video that looked like it was using the HLC m14?)

LJ how do you make your sound mod work with other gun sounds other weapon packs ?

Unless they inherit directly from existing weapons (and don't modify/define what sounds are used), you can't without editing the configs of those addons (which I wouldn't do, its better to ask the author of said addon(s) to create a JSRS compatibility config)

Agreed, the ABR mod I'm going to make for my weapons pack has the JSRS sounds because of the above. Nice work as always too.

Unless they inherit directly from existing weapons (and don't modify/define what sounds are used), you can't without editing the configs of those addons (which I wouldn't do, its better to ask the author of said addon(s) to create a JSRS compatibility config)

You don't have to edit their configs to make a compatibility config

Can someone upload the original sonic cracks .pbo? I replaced it with the quieter version and I want the loud one back. LJ perhaps?

Can someone upload the original sonic cracks .pbo? I replaced it with the quieter version and I want the loud one back. LJ perhaps?
Its in the original download file if you still have that? Maybe download it again?

LJ, I think i found a issue.

When you are self healed by vehicles that allow you to heal (the ones that have parameter "attendant = "true";" on the CfgVehicles like the Huron or Taru medical center Pod) you get the Healing sound every time you hit the pause menu or get inside>outside a vehicle (actually every time the screen is loaded).

I tested puting a player, a bonfire and the Huron medical Pod on the editor.

I step into the bonfire to get hurt and after that got healed by the Medical Pod.

The healing sound are played for the first time but if I hit Esc an then return to the game the healing sound are played again.

ps: I tested with JSRS2.2 and the same thing happened.

I tested with just CBA RC4 and Dragonfyre

Arma 3 1.36 Stable and a Stereo Speaker

Btw, how amazing Dragonfyre is!

You are a pro!

Thanks!

LJ, I think i found a issue.

When you are self healed by vehicles that allow you to heal (the ones that have parameter "attendant = "true";" on the CfgVehicles like the Huron or Taru medical center Pod) you get the Healing sound every time you hit the pause menu or get inside>outside a vehicle (actually every time the screen is loaded).

I tested puting a player, a bonfire and the Huron medical Pod on the editor.

I step into the bonfire to get hurt and after that got healed by the Medical Pod.

The healing sound are played for the first time but if I hit Esc an then return to the game the healing sound are played again.

ps: I tested with JSRS2.2 and the same thing happened.

I tested with just CBA RC4 and Dragonfyre

Arma 3 1.36 Stable and a Stereo Speaker

Btw, how amazing Dragonfyre is!

You are a pro!

Thanks!

If it happened with JSRS 2.2 also it's not an mod or JSRS issue, as 2.2 does not even address the cfg entries for Fak, First Aid Kit, so I'm pretty sure it's the game itself ;)

LJ

Hey JSRS team, would you consider reworking the environmental sounds like thunder, etc.? At the moment they just sound like explosions and have no bass or roll to them :)

Hi LJ. ;)

I continue to enjoy your mod, but a few details bothers me. I noticed that if a player gets injured, then disappear not only the moans of the player (when injured) and shortness of breath (when tired) This should be fixed. Please make this, because I worry for your work!

1. You removed shortness of breath(after injure of player), now it does not exist in the game and now the player does not understand when fatigue begins to appear or when fatigue has already passed. This complicates the ability to properly calculate the strength of the player character. You must return the heavy breathing of the character when he is tired, because the game has no any indicator of fatigue! This sound is part of gameplay. Please note this! Heavy breathing is an indicator of fatigue of the player. If the player ran a great distance and then hid in the shelter, he doesn't understand when fatigue was gone, because player not hear its breathlessness.

2. You removed the groans of the player when he is wounded. This complicates the understanding that the player is injured!

When but did self-treatment(after injure), he then has a residual effect (has increased the sway of weapons)

If the player sometime does not hear the groans (after wounds and self treatment) then this player, during fight is able to forget about what he was wounded! This is not correct, because player should know that he was wounded and correctly calculate their capabilities (aiming for example)

This groans worked for player simular indicator. It always reminds the player about his physical condition.

Please return this sound, because this sound, also is part of gameplay.

3. If you use automatic grenade launcher from attack-boat on the sea and shoot in the surface of water, we see, what the grenades does not explode, but the sound of the grenade blast still sounds! This moment, should not sound, because the grenade didn't explode.

4. Again. The cracks of bullets about player character, sound louder than other sounds (voices, radio, shots from the weapon to the player)

All sounds in the game should be commensurate.

This contrast is easy to check. Check it yourself!

Turn on the audio "effects settings", Set all effects by 50% (you will hear the loudness of vanilla shots, bullet cracks, voices, effects).

Then immediately go back in game and listen to your sounds, there is a contrast.

Vanilla efeects will sound much quieter, than what we hear in mod.

Maybe you want to make your sound louder than vanilla, but it's still overly loud. In these moments,the player will not hear other sounds! I use headphones and I have to take them off periodically, because I hurt my ears.

5. If you order the soldier from his squad to defuse the mine, you will hear the sound of the mine-explosion. Please fix this. Just a reminder.

6. When the enemy is shooting from under-barrel grenade launcher, player hear this shot at a great distance (85-100m). I think, too much sound range.

Edited by mickeymen

Hi LJ. ;)

I continue to enjoy your mod, but a few details bothers me. I noticed that if a player gets injured, then disappear not only the moans of the player (when injured) and shortness of breath (when tired) This should be fixed. Please make this, because I worry for your work!

1. You removed shortness of breath, now it does not exist in the game and now the player does not understand when fatigue begins to appear or when fatigue has already passed. This complicates the ability to properly calculate the strength of the character. You must return the heavy breathing of the character when he is tired, because the game has no any indicator of fatigue! Note this. Heavy breathing is an indicator of fatigue of the player. If the player ran a great distance and then hid in the shelter, he doesn't understand when fatigue was gone, because player not hear its breathlessness.

I hear heavy breathing just fine using JSRS.

6. When the enemy is shooting from under-barrel grenade launcher, player hear this shot at a great distance (85-100m). Too much sound range.

I have had this issue in the mission I just played. Heard a UGL fired at us from about 200m away.

I hear heavy breathing just fine using JSRS.

I hear it too. But when a player gets injured, and makes self-treatment then he stops to hear it!

I have had this issue in the mission I just played. Heard a UGL fired at us from about 200m away.

Confirm this! May be even > 100m! I heard these shots very far... This should be fixed

Hi LJ. ;)

4. Again. The cracks of bullets about player character, sound louder than other sounds (voices, radio, shots from the weapon to the player)

All sounds in the game should be commensurate.

This contrast is easy to check. Check it yourself!

Turn on the audio "effects settings", Set all effects by 50% (you will hear the loudness of vanilla shots, bullet cracks, voices, effects).

Then immediately go back in game and listen to your sounds, there is a contrast.

Vanilla efeects will sound much quieter, than what we hear in mod.

Maybe you want to make your sound louder than vanilla, but it's still overly loud. In these moments,the player will not hear other sounds! I use headphones and I have to take them off periodically, because I hurt my ears.

My first ambush in Iraq I was in the TC (right front seat for those who don't know) spot of the Humvee I was in, and the real cracks of bullets are fucking loud. Adrenaline and other factors contribute to a higher awareness than most people who have never gotten shot at so while at first it was a bit loud, now it's right on the spot. So on that note just deal with it, as a lot of the combat vets on this forum can attest when rounds are coming at you, it's LOUD.

My first ambush in Iraq I was in the TC (right front seat for those who don't know) spot of the Humvee I was in, and the real cracks of bullets are fucking loud. Adrenaline and other factors contribute to a higher awareness than most people who have never gotten shot at so while at first it was a bit loud, now it's right on the spot. So on that note just deal with it, as a lot of the combat vets on this forum can attest when rounds are coming at you, it's LOUD.

I appreciate your experience. Probably you are right. However, we first have to deal with the gameplay of video game. Please note this.

In this case there is a great contrast. The player does not hear voices, footsteps and other sounds. If he makes the sound louder, then start to hurt your ears.

I think that the comfort of the player must be in the first place.

"so while at first it was a bit loud, now it's right on the spot. "

why at first? Was second relise of this mod?

Today I see only first relise version. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

Edited by mickeymen

Well for the first release it was WAY too loud. Again bullets cracking near you are loud but the sound was a bit much even for my ears, experienced or not.

As for being comfortable... well yeah that would have been nice downrange, but no didn't get any hot chicks serving me beer after the few times I've climbed a mountain or had a long day in the TOC or on patrol. So realistically if you want realism this mod does it for me as far as rifle cracks and the like. I do agree with the UGL being able to be heard over a long distance (like it's near you, rather than far away) but overall real combat sucks, and the mod does the job of bringing good sounds to it (the Blackfoot sound gets on my fucking nerves so I removed that PBO) and the movements sounds are much better than the old JSRS.

Has anybody else noticed that JSRS3 is not working properly after the 1.38 update? When I run DragonFyre for some reason when I am shooting I obviously hear my own shots but other players don't. The same thing goes when another player is firing his weapon, I don't hear the shots. Other in-game sounds work perfectly though.

So, I switched back to JSRS 2.2 and the people that couldn't hear my shots at first now could. I still couldn't hear the shots of those using DragonFyre though. So, I think the 1.38 update changed something somewhere. The funny thing was though when I was using JSRS 2.2 a guy with no mods installed couldn't hear my shots, while the rest could? Really odd.

So, my first question is - does it matter that I have BOTH JSRS 2.2 and JSRS3: DragonFyre installed and only one of the two running? Does either one interfere with the other if both are present?

Or, could this be related to one of the following mods requiring an update to work properly with 1.38?

1. CBA A3 RC4

2. CSE 0.10.1

3. RH M4 / M16

4. RH pistols

5. MBG Killhouses A3

6. Shacktac HUD

7. ShackTac Group indicators

If anyone can tell me something it's appreciated.

Edited by Celtic_Alliance

Well for the first release it was WAY too loud. Again bullets cracking near you are loud but the sound was a bit much even for my ears, experienced or not.

Was second relise of this mod or not?

So, I switched back to JSRS 2.2 and the people that couldn't hear my shots at first now could. I still couldn't hear the shots of those using DragonFyre though. So, I think the 1.38 update changed something somewhere. The funny thing was though when I was using JSRS 2.2 a guy with no mods installed couldn't hear my shots, while the rest could? Really odd.

Wait, you're saying that not everybody on the server are running the same mods and you are surprised things aren't working?

@mickeymen :

Thanks! How I can use this? Only place in the mod directory?