Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Ivory Aircraft - UH-1Y Venom

Dezkit may I ask why you removed most of your other aircrafts from the steam workshop?

While I'm well aware this question may not be relevant to this exact addon, and is something I'd usually pm about I thought I'd ask it here because others may be wondering the same thing.

yes but its a maybe on the service menu. it's a little too overkill for a heli that can only carry 2 weapons.

I have opinions about this. Now the UH-1Y is arguably similar to the Bell 412 or as I know it as the CH-136 Griffon. Arma 2 the UH-1Y had 2 door gunners with (M134) guns and I believe 76MM rocket pods? The current CH_136 Griffon can have a number of configurations, Door gunners can have 2 (M134) and room for up to 8-10 troops with combat gear [or] 6 stretchers with 2 flight medics. 2nd Configuration is similar to the first but one of the M134's are changed out for a GAU-21 (Not 12 I mixed that up :P OP as hell), The .50 is used for light combat cars and the M134 for the ground troops. The 3rd configuration is lighter and older, using 2 C6 GPMG's (M240's) as its door guns same crew capacity. Now these configurations are ment for getting men on the ground fast and to fly off, hopefully taking the least possible amount of fire as possible. Also EVAC is done in an unarmed variant due to war rules or some shit :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/CH-146ISAF.jpg (721 kB)

Now if you want to deal the damage then you look into gunships..

The old single engine Hueys could hold a gun ship configuration of 2 M134's, one per side and 24 76mm rocket pods, 12 per side. The gunships ancor the guns down to the floor in the back where the troops are so they usually never have the ability to carry soldiers into battle. More modern Hueys have stronger engines so I can imagine that having 2 M124's per side plus the 76mm rocket pods are easy to handle. I have seen pictures of them also having door gunners too! So if you do have a service menu you may have to have load limits due to weight of the ammunition.

http://www.warchapter.com/images/Huey%20gunship%202.jpg (293 kB)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/UH-1Y_HMLAT-303_Camp_Pendleton_2008.JPG (3693 kB)

Hope I have helped I have provided some pictures to show wtf I am talking about. Realism and stuff being over powered is not a huge issue in my eyes. If you have a capability to do something like Huey or Bell Helicopters gunships with door gunners I say you use it. War is never "Fair" and country's have to adapt to changes like with the age of MRAPS replacing combat cars like Humvee's and GWagons. I think the Arma 2 configuration for your UH-1Y mod your making is the perfect setup. Can deal some damage without decimating the war zone at the same time. Wargame Red Dragon has a lot of old helicopters and prototypes that can give you an insite to what different country's set up there military's as. Hope I have not wasted your time :)

Dezkit may I ask why you removed most of your other aircrafts from the steam workshop?

While I'm well aware this question may not be relevant to this exact addon, and is something I'd usually pm about I thought I'd ask it here because others may be wondering the same thing.

I usually don't answer for other people, but in this particular case i would assume it has something to do with the fact that according to steam workshop EULA, after upload, you share your IP rights with Valve for your content.

And since the meshes he used are not of his own, he would be infringing said EULA (you cannot transfer IP rights to someone else if you do not own the said IP right yourself :)

sry for oftopic.

I usually don't answer for other people, but in this particular case i would assume it has something to do with the fact that according to steam workshop EULA, after upload, you share your IP rights with Valve for your content.

And since the meshes he used are not of his own, he would be infringing said EULA (you cannot transfer IP rights to someone else if you do not own the said IP right yourself :)

sry for oftopic.

i lost the sources to them in a hdd crash so im cancelling the projects since i cant continue them lol but im over it its ok shit happens

Yeah uhhh look at 5th post

Yeah uhhh look at 5th post

fair enough, sorry to hear that :(

@BagPiperGuy, When you see marine Hueys rolling with rocket pods their not acting as transports, their operating as gunships. While I cant say for the Y model, I've been told by ground crews of the N models that when fully armed, which is two 7shot rocket pods and a pair of door guns, can only carry about 4 passengers along with the 4 man crew. While its safe to assume the Y model can carry more than that while fully armed, usually if the helo is operating in a transport role it will only have door guns, to save weight usually just a pair of 240's. When operating in the gunship/light attack role, the Huey is usually armed with both a Minigun and a GAU-16/21 as well as the rocket pods, and fixed forward firing guns are not used with the Marine Hueys anymore. I know that sounds a little light on the armament side, but bear in mind the Huey in Marine service is operated in the same squadrons as the Cobra and usually works with them on operations, so if heavier firepower is needed, its almost always already there.

And while a good game, I wouldn't suggest using Wargame Red Dragon as a reference point, be it for aircraft types, armament, and certainly not troop carrying capabilities. I say this because in that game you see things like CH-46's rocking Miniguns and US versions having some weird bulgy sponsons, Germans using E model Super Stallions while the Marines don't even get the Stallion at all, and save for a select few, most transport helos, including all Huey models, are given only one door gun, and are represented as carrying sometimes 10-15 men. Like I said, good game but IF it is to be used as a reference point any information gathered from it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes! Finally a updated Venom have been waiting for this! However a tip would be I don't see this on most helicopter mod packs. A spotlight that the co-pilot controls and at least thermal vision nose cameras. It would finally make the co-pilot in Arma 3 "useful". Great job on the textures so far and I wish you good luck with this pack. Cant wait to play!

And since the meshes he used are not of his own, he would be infringing said EULA (you cannot transfer IP rights to someone else if you do not own the said IP right yourself

sry for oftopic.

i lost the sources to them in a hdd crash so im cancelling the projects since i cant continue them lol but im over it its ok shit happens

Don't say you are not going to finish ERJ-135 and CRJ-200 or at least upload working versions of those planes to Armaholic without messed up landing gear :(

I have been waiting eagerly for you to do it since penneyfour added support for those aircraft in his Dynamic Altis Airports script.

Edited by Viikkasota

Don't say you are not going to finish ERJ-135 and CRJ-200 or at least upload working versions of those planes to Armaholic without messed up landing gear :(

I have been waiting eagerly for you to do it since penneyfour added support for those aircraft in his Dynamic Altis Airports script.

dezkit said that he doesn't have the source files, so basically it's a: not gonna happen.

dezkit said that he doesn't have the source files, so basically it's a: not gonna happen.

It is not possible to download the planes from Armaholic and edit them?

It is not possible to download the planes from Armaholic and edit them?

Binarized versus unbinarized.

Short answer is no.

Binarized versus unbinarized.

Short answer is no.

Well that sucks :(

So the UH-1Y Venom is the only thing that dezkit can work on currently until he decides to start new projects?

Edited by Viikkasota

pretty much yea :p

Too bad. I wonder may I have the latest ERJ-135 and CRJ-200 files in my computer as I subscribed them in Steam Workshop before they were deleted? Or do they get automatically deleted from my computer too?

Also wouldn't it be possible for me to edit the landing gear of ERJ-135 v13.37, I have what is currently available from Armaholic, so that the landing gear wheels won't move around crazily? I could just use some program like Eliteness to open the pbo and edit the file that has the landing gear settings?

Sorry for still going offtopic, but the thread of those aircraft got locked and I really would like to use them.

Edited by Viikkasota

No problem. I'll edit the CRJ-200 and upload it back to workshop, since I did not do anything quite large since i last released sources to it,

As I´ve said before, all Ivory aircraft source files are on Armaholic... they´re just 3 to 4 versions older, but IMO the last release here were the finest...

[Edit] errr... I thought the source folder was embeded with the compilation... the armaholic page links to a broken gdrive page... I love how the clouds are just like clouds: they vanish when you need them... (I though I had the sources, but I´ve probably deleted as I wouldn´t fiddle with them =P

If somebody kept the source files, send them to dezkit.. or don´t... anyway... crap =P

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2778370']As I´ve said before' date=' all Ivory aircraft source files are on Armaholic... they´re just 3 to 4 versions older, but IMO the last release here were the finest...[/quote']If the sources are on Armaholic, then Ivory Aircraft doesn't have to be dead, nor does "deriving from those older sources"... :) But nevertheless it's dezkit's prerogative if he doesn't want to have to work from older sources, and despite him instead choosing an Arma 2 port (besides the HMNZS Te Kaha, aka the reskinned "Fregata") instead of a FSX conversion I'm still interested in this project.

No problem. I'll edit the CRJ-200 and upload it back to workshop, since I did not do anything quite large since i last released sources to it,

Thanks but could you also do the same to ERJ-135 v13.37 from Armaholic because that's the one that needs editing most because of it's messed up landing gear? I don't think that I can fix it myself if i'm not helped in telling that which file I should edit and that kind of stuff.

;2778370']

If somebody kept the source files' date=' send them to dezkit.. or don´t... anyway... crap =P[/quote']

I might have them since I have downloaded most if not all aircraft of Ivory Aircraft pack and have not deleted any of them, at least I think so.

Dezkit the model looks just like the A2 ones or will you improve or work a bit in the visuals ?

uploaded an album on OP featuring the armed and unarmed version.

@Ckrauslo, I will work on them. If you look at the album I posted, you can see that the area behind the door looks fine. In ArmA 2 there was a shadow there and I have had it removed using my friends leet photoshop skills. If not for him, I wouldn't have released an unarmed variant because it would look attrocious with the shadow on the texture

theres still a lot of things i gotta do to the textures but i just wanted to show off what i have so far. :)

I'm quite hyped about your project, but help me to correctly understand this statement of yours :

wip update:

figured out how to make rotor bend when engine is off, and main rotor now banks and dives when using flight stick.

[...]

Do you mean that you programmed something similar to

? That would hugely improve the immersion !

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1MYQ41Gd8 This video is even more clear !

Edited by Artisanal

yep.

collective changes individual main rotor rotor's directions

cyclic changes main rotor's direction

rudder changes individual tail rotor rotor's direction

rpm changes how bent the main rotor is

Edited by dezkit

i had my textures on medium and i was experimenting with the new post process effects in the dev build, oops