poolpunk

Poolpunks Object Packs - Work in Progress Thread

@Poolpunk. That is a great list of assets you intend to create. All very much needed. Are you intending to make the medical beds interactive eg. you can put a patient on them, add pillows etc?

Thanks all! This keeps me motivated. Really. :292:

@Inlesco - Cratepunk sounds cool somehow. :biggrin_o:

@Jeza - Great to see people makin good use of the assets provided! ;) Love to see more screens.

@Wansec_6 - Theyll have only basic "Get in / Get out" - Functionality.

New Warehouse Ladders, Better Plastic Boxes and .. Potato Sacks.

tumblr_nsdsqrA4NC1tlpb1bo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsdsqrA4NC1tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

• Like 5

You should try to sell those objects to BIS, I'm sure they could use them.  :D

Thanks for the flowers! I will think about that in the future. ^_^ Until then, all i do is free of charge.

Version 0.4 beta of PLP Containers released here.

Saw these were released on arma....nice job!

• Like 1

This is amazing. Thanks for your efforts man! Always nice to see people doing something much more ambitious than simple retexes.

What are you planning to do later, Pool? ;) Enlighten us!

• Like 1

Great you like it. Im a little bit hyped about it, too. :D - Im following a super-secret master plan to create a campaign with all the assets that are needed for that.

But first of all im goin to take a short break from editing (except for a little bit of easing UV Unwrapping or Work in Excel tables  :rolleyes: ).
Next development steps for PLP Containers are adding missing objects like the Wood Pallets, more Indoor-Trashcans, the overhauled Suitcases/Travel Bags-Set

and add more details to the useable Versions, to distinguish them from normal static crates. Like i mentioned, I will have a look at making the crates destroyable, too
(Im not a great friend of coding..as you might have noticed). After that i will play around with (in)visible weaponholders to make Placement of f.E. Rifles

on a table easier. When these things are done i am going to look at the outcome of the poll in this thread and continue from there on. So keep on voting, folks! ;) 

Amazing as always. I love your work mate :)

Silola

• Like 1

After that i will play around with (in)visible weaponholders to make Placement of f.E. Rifles on a table easier

Do you mean weaponholders who a are able to carry custom addon weapons ?

Can you add gravity/mass to the small objects as Ive got a bar fully stacked and ready for an explosion but they just stay in the air after the explosion :(

Its really a great pack would just love to see some physics for all objects and damage model for the Tiki Bar :)

@Chrys - I did not mess around with weaponholders in General until now - just had a look at the ArmA2 MLOD-One and thought it might be possible

to do several ones with each one of them facing in a specific direction (Lying on Ground, Hanging on Wall, Leaned to Sth. etc. and have an helper

object showing where the rifle is facing. This Helper-Object could be setObjectTextured to an empty texture after it has been placed.

@Froggyluv - Started adding destruction types to the objects in the Beach Objects Pack, but did not figure out until now, how to make an object

reacting physically correct AND being destroyable. Object configs derived from "Thing" or "Thingx" seem to be indestructible always .. :/

As usual, your stuff is top notch....certainly enjoying what you've released so far :)

• Like 1

I really love what you've been doing so far with the beach and container packs. Details like these have been missing from Arma IMO and I'm glad someone would take the time to create them.

I've got a small request for you regarding the next update of the container pack: would you consider making some of the larger objects (such as shipping and high-sec containers) sling-loadable by helicopter? I had something in mind the other day while making a mission and I wished it would have been possible for a Chinook to haul around one of those high-sec containers. Thanks!

@voodoo operator - ah yes. Never tried out that. Lets see what i can do :)

In the meantime i managed to get my custom set of weaponholders working. Its a set of helper objects (Rifles, Pistols, Backpacks, Items) that make precise placement of single weapons easier.

tumblr_ntx0irRNj51tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

• Like 7

@voodoo operator - ah yes. Never tried out that. Lets see what i can do :)

In the meantime i managed to get my custom set of weaponholders working. Its a set of helper objects (Rifles, Pistols, Backpacks, Items) that make precise placement of single weapons easier.

tumblr_ntx0irRNj51tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

Thats badass how did you place all of that?

• Like 1

Its a set of helper objects i placed with xCam and setObjectTextured to an empty texture after i placed them - they look like this:

tumblr_ntxlr7LvPm1tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

• Like 2

Wanted to drop you a line and thank you again for your mod. As one of the mission makers for our group I 'built' a German embassy with your objects playing a huge part in helping with the immersion factor. Your garbage cans, vending machines, etc really did help make the 'feel' of the mission.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Thanks for your Kind words! :) Do you mind sharing some screenshots with us?

I always appreciate seeing what people create with all these objects, how they are put in a scenery,

You will be happy to hear that there are a lot of assets to follow in the next months, with many of them finished already.

btw - i have reworked a set of suitcases that will be available in different colorschemes, too

tumblr_nu1im0JuNp1tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

• Like 3

Here are the screen shots you asked for. Its only a few itmes, but the setting wouldn't have been as immersive without your objects. It was a German Embassy

JfGI5R.png

KecoEh.png

BTW. tried putting down a forklift truck but got an error. I look for it and take a screenshot next time.

• Like 1

Thanks, mustangdelta! Im a friend of rather few, but well-placed objects, too. Heard from this error message before, but could not reproduce it until now. Thatd be fine.

btw - Does anyone have experiences regarding the Performance of my object packs? Is there a serious FPS decrease when used extensively on dedicated Servers for example?