Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

@Shelestov just say WOW! this map is poetry! imagine is a map that leads all new content and war zone (as an expansion itself) Think of the possibilities! thanks :cool:

Edited by igu4na

Oh man. This map looks so good. The pictures remind me of Red Orchestra 2. I can't even imagine how other areas will look like. I can see hundreds of hours of gameplay on this map with RHS mod, some mod that mixes uniforms, weapons and camo for the separatists and some Ukrainian army units.

Is there any progress on how the AI handle the custom map objects? Or anyone that has tested have any feedback?

This is an issue that has to be fixed. As pretty as the map may be, it is useless if it you cannot play ARMA 3 on it, if that is the intented end state.

If it is simply a creation project then fine its your time in the end, but im sure it would disappoint many.

It is highly likely that the problem is the Geometry and Fire LODs of the objects. Simple as that.

I noticed my GPU usage is at 99% most of the time while I play on this map. I guess this is a good thing ,right? On Altis I only get maximum 70% utilization.

I got the GTX 770 Asus .

Edited by Nikiforos

I noticed my GPU usage is at 99% most of the time while I play on this map. I guess this is a good thing ,right? On Altis I only get maximum 70% utilization.

I got the GTX 770 Asus .

I think its caused by the significant higher density of vegetation.

I am assuming these are Arma 3 buildings that you are using for the map? Because I have been looking for a good map to use as a new Arma 3 Life map but need usable houses.

I am assuming these are Arma 3 buildings that you are using for the map? Because I have been looking for a good map to use as a new Arma 3 Life map but need usable houses.

Most of them are from A2. If we could just use dayzsa buildings... sigh

Isn't there some guy who is remaking the A2 buildings for ArmA 3 to make them entarable and more open for the CUP?

Isn't there some guy who is remaking the A2 buildings for ArmA 3 to make them entarable and more open for the CUP?

maybe, i'll check for that

Alternatively use the AiA_TP with this map and I think all the building are automatically replaced with opened up versions ?

SJ

No I dont think so... I am trying to explain this but my brain dies :p

I belive it wont work since its probably considered different...

Like for instance, if I use this map with the AiA TP, it doesnt fix the fences and stuff from arma 2.. so probably it wont work with what your saying.... :confused:

They probably have like different classnames or some other shit, maybe it would work but I wouldnt count on it.

I think only about 15% of us ever get the chance to play decent modded PvP on a regular basis.

Would someone please be a hero and add viewblock to the vegetation these guys are using? It's cruel to have such a gorgeous map rendered useless to the majority of players.

Still getting some lag in certain parts. I get a freeze for 1 second and then I play on. Still my FPS never go below 50 so I wonder why I get this. Have no problem with Altis and other Arma 2 maps.

I think only about 15% of us ever get the chance to play decent modded PvP on a regular basis.

Would someone please be a hero and add viewblock to the vegetation these guys are using? It's cruel to have such a gorgeous map rendered useless to the majority of players.

What the author needs to do is add the correct geometry lods to his objects.

Blown away man, an amazing map so excited to see it finished! Will be great to get some good russian units on it at the end of the month!

I don't know if it's actually permitted to port DayzSA assets to ArmA 3 and distributing it as a mod? Is it not permitted by BI or is it just a headache that people don't bother to do it?

Edited by AntonioAJC

I don't know if it's actually permitted to port DayzSA assets to ArmA 3 and distributing it as a mod? Is it not permitted or is it just a headache that people don't bother to do it?

no. it's actually as easy as replacing a pbos with the dayZ ones afaik. the problem here is that chernarus is not part of arma 3. so the options for BI are releasing a DLC or free patch with chernarus from dayZ (not going to happen) or updating the houses in arma 2 and thus indirectly allowing the stuff being used by the old AiA version (not going to happen either).

yes it sucks a lot, considering how popular chernarus is among arma players, that we will probably be allowed, if ever, to use the stuff from dayZ or get it in another form (actual mlods) when it's not relevant anymore. much like we always get the sample models when the next game released. i will never understand why BI are so special about their models. it limits modding the game quite a lot. and i'm not talking about 1000 remakes of vanilla uniforms here. but that's off topic.

fortunately there are peopel already taking on porting the buildings and making them enterable. i really hope people will outdo the dayZ stuff and add nice destruction and things to make the dayZ guys really jealous :p

why porting pbos from a game people payed money for (dayZ SA) and using them in arma 3 is not allowed and results even in forum bans is beyond me. it's a bit insulting considering that the people who both own dayZ SA and arma 2 (it's safe to say that the majority of people who own arma 3 and dayZ SA own also arma 2), thus payed twice for the same map, are not allowed to use it as they want to. it's not like we're talking about ripping anything. so yea- "sigh" indeed.

People! News is? Any progression with the map? Very waiting!

Edited by MONAX