bravo93

Northern Ireland Insurgents

I was expecting the Northern Ireland Insurgents to be the British, not the IRA.

We had this shit already. Don't start it again.

Please keep politics out of the thread.

Great looking units, wish they were compatible with zeus:D

May I also request this and also adding groups into the config.

I can try and help with the config if you will update the mod :)

May I also request this and also adding groups into the config.

I can try and help with the config if you will update the mod :)

Please, please, please make this mod work with MCC groups!

A couple of people have messaged me asking if they can make this Zeus compatible.. The answers a resounding YES.. If someone could PM me the updated addons which are Zeus compatible that would be great so I can update the public mod for armaholic etc :)

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for it to happen all over again... ;)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/320372/itv-documentary-mistakes-arma-2-for-real-ira-film/

Wow, I knew AII was realistic, but something like this? :) It's a good thing AIII isn't set around Ukraine or the Middle East, or we'd surely be getting some interesting news reports...

Any chance of some Black and Tans? :) I suppose it's unlikely that anyone actually wore black brimmer and trenchcoat uniform of the "old" (1916) IRA by the time of the Troubles, but it could also be a nice addition.

Have to add in the history lesson

1. Black and Tans weren't the IRA.

2. The IRA didn't exist in 1916.

3. Neither did the Black and tans.

Just had to clarify that ;) But it would be interesting to see how a Irish War of Independence/Civil War era mod goes down.

Bah, that's what you get for posting at such a late hour... Obviously, Black and Tans were who the IRA fought. :) Sorry for that, English is not my first language. And you're right, by 1916, they were still called Irish Volunteers, IRA was formed a few years later (blame Wiki for "Which existed in various forms since 1916"). In my native language, you can get away with implying a lot more than in English.

To clarify, my request was supposed to be "Black and Tans and early IRA (formed in 1916 1919) that fought them".

Edited by Dragon01

Personally, I think it would be more interesting if the mod would be expanded with a couple of units/outfits. Right now it's kind of weird if you have a larger squad or you want 2 anti-tank units in your squad, that you see 2 exactly the same units running around :/ If some more units could be added, and maybe the uniforms would be dynamic so that every riflemen gets generated with another outfit/headgear/backpack combination, it would vastly improve the mod!

P.S

I already love the mod as it is, don't get me wrong! Ambushing British patrol etc. have been great fun, I'd just like to see some more diversity :D

Personally, I think it would be more interesting if the mod would be expanded with a couple of units/outfits. Right now it's kind of weird if you have a larger squad or you want 2 anti-tank units in your squad, that you see 2 exactly the same units running around :/ If some more units could be added, and maybe the uniforms would be dynamic so that every riflemen gets generated with another outfit/headgear/backpack combination, it would vastly improve the mod!

P.S

I already love the mod as it is, don't get me wrong! Ambushing British patrol etc. have been great fun, I'd just like to see some more diversity :D

I too love variety so I'm quite keen to add some more uniforms etc. Ideally I'd like to get this Zeus/MCC compatible then add a few more uniforms. Still waiting to hear back from the guy who was supposed to be writing the config.. Might just have a go myself actually. Definitely expect more uniforms in the next update though :)

Would be nice to see some 80/90's Britfor for this mod.

DPM, PLCE, COP dug in OP's!

Let's go old School!

New to Arma and this is one of the first mods I downloaded. Thanks for your hard work.

It'd be nice to get some maps and 80s/90s RUC and British soldiers to go along with it, and maybe the smaller paramilitary groups on each side (INLA; UDA, UFF, Red Hand Commandos, etc).

Edited by JoeRG

Maybe having some insurgents with pistols. I dont feel that there is a need for 80/90s British soldiers as the title for this mod is Northern Ireland Insurgents not The Troubles

Maybe having some insurgents with pistols. I dont feel that there is a need for 80/90s British soldiers as the title for this mod is Northern Ireland Insurgents not The Troubles

Agree, some pistols would be nice for small scale operations. In what other context would you use these groups? The IRA and UVF didn't exactly engage one another in any conventional manner. Most engagements were between the IRA/INLA and the British army and RUC. They're pretty essential to a mod like this.

Agree, some pistols would be nice for small scale operations. In what other context would you use these groups? The IRA and UVF didn't exactly engage one another in any conventional manner. Most engagements were between the IRA/INLA and the British army and RUC. They're pretty essential to a mod like this.

I would add some Irish riot police on BLUFOR to stimulate a loyalist police force, that way the UVF and IRA both have people to shoot at

I would add some Irish riot police on BLUFOR to stimulate a loyalist police force, that way the UVF and IRA both have people to shoot at

Decent idea to have Garda units, but their engagement was very limited, and, IIRC, the only loses suffered were at the hands of the IRA/INLA. Those losses would have been in the normal line of duty (checkpoints, responding to criminal activity such as robberies, etc). They'd have never been specifically targeted in the way that the RUC or British Army were. Ambushing RUC/BA convoys and responding to their presence would make much more sense in the context of this mod.

The difficulty of employing Loyalist paramilitaries in an historically accurate way is that almost all of of their operations were carried out against civilian targets. It's great that they're in a mod like this, but they're more difficult to use in a traditional engagement.

Update coming later today.. hopefully.

- added groups (so should be compatible with Zeus, Alive, MCC etc).

- All units now have wound/blood textures when they take damage.

- Improved some textures

- Fixed RPT errors relating to wounds

- Working on a couple more units

Slowly working towards a general Northern Ireland mod so might chuck some other stuff in too! (No NI map.. sorry to dissapoint ;) )

Awesome! The map can wait, first we need more units :D Can't wait to recreate the famous sniper campaign! And does this mean we get some British/RUC units too?

Edited by Bullsh

Really needed the e compatible with Zeus .I'm running a SAS campaign in my coop unit and the enemies are going to be IRA so i need Zeus to create the campaign for my unit.

Update - Version 1.1

Images

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/ira1.png

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/uvf1.png

Changelog

- Added groups for IRA and UVF (5 for each faction).

- Added Zeus Compatibility.

- Fixed wound textures.

- Ai now have Irish names (Added over 200 different names, with many names unique to the IRA or UVF).

- Added additional units to both IRA and UVF.

- Added UVF Desert DPM trousers (thanks to Craig for the texture).

- Added UVF black shirt/woodland DPM trouser outfit.

- Added IRA Green shirt/woodland DPM trouser outfit.

- Added 3 additional balaclavas.

- Added DPM Boonie hat.

- Improved some textures.

- Tidied up Config a bit.

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/?z11yp544cqq33s8

Pbo names and classnames have changed so make sure you've deleted the old version. :)

Edited by Bravo93

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very well done, the new units and names are both great additions! Only bug I could find was that the new wound textures don't seem to appear on the newly added UVF units? Any plans for the future with this mod?

Very well done, the new units and names are both great additions! Only bug I could find was that the new wound textures don't seem to appear on the newly added UVF units? Any plans for the future with this mod?

I know the wound textures don't work on any of the guys with jumpers. That might be a BI problem because the default guerilla unit they're based on doesn't seem to have any either..

As for the future.. definitely interested in expanding to RUC, British Army etc.. At the moment I'm learning about terrain making. I'd really love a condensed Ireland map!

I know Smokedog's interested in bring his Belfast map to A3.. can't wait for that!