ruthberg

Advanced Ballistics (WIP)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I might be missing something with the mirage effect. I'm running this mod, but can't seem to view the mirage, regardless of my parallax adjustment. I'll look at something 1500m away with the LRPS or SOS, at 75x, but can't view any mirage. I can see trace, wind effects, atmospherics, etc. I just can't seem to see the mirage, no matter how I adjust the parallax (100->infinity). I've checked my userconfig and see that it's enabled, and I am definitely seeing parallax adjustments in the top left (I'm not seeing any on screen, though...should the focus change?), and they click from 100->1000, then infinity. It is in red, if that matters. Is there anything I'm missing?

Could you please add some kind of compatibility patch for AGM. Now I know why I had issues with bullets flying always too close with ATragMX data. It was AGM_Ballistics.pbo that changes bullet speed and air friction. It would also be good to know how to read data about ammo so one could easly make new profile in ATragMX for that one type of ammo. I mean there are lots of different kinds of ammo, and in our community we use many addons that add new weapons and ammo. That can cause problems with wrong fixes ATragMX gives.

Also, I were testing this addon with friend. We discovered that temperature does not synchronize (mine was 2 degree lower than him, he got totally different data than me for same target).

Also2, I don't seem to see effect of that mirage you added in last patch. Any screen comparsion on how does it look and how to apply that parallax fix?

Anyway, thanks for GREAT addon. Here is video where I shoot at 900m using GM6 Lynx. Almost properly (dunno how many wind to add if shooting that far and through level region).

I'm not seeing any on screen, though...should the focus change?

I don't know how to change the focus of the camera yet. I will try to implement it though.

The mirage effect is currently very subtle, you can only see it clearly, if the background of the image allows it. It will be very hard to see if you look against the sky. I might have to increase the effect in upcoming versions. I will also try to make it look more natural.

At the moment you will only see mirages that move in the direction of the wind with a speed proportional to the wind speed at that location. It will be like this in the next version:wind_resette.jpg

Could you please add some kind of compatibility patch for AGM. Now I know why I had issues with bullets flying always too close with ATragMX data. It was AGM_Ballistics.pbo that changes bullet speed and air friction.

Yeah, we need a solution for this. Maybe I should ask the guys from AGM what they think about it.

It would also be good to know how to read data about ammo so one could easly make new profile in ATragMX for that one type of ammo. I mean there are lots of different kinds of ammo, and in our community we use many addons that add new weapons and ammo. That can cause problems with wrong fixes ATragMX gives.

You can read the airFriction and muzzleVelocity values from the config like this:

_airFriction = getNumber(configFile >> "cfgAmmo" >> ammo class name >> "airFriction");
_muzzleVelocity = getNumber(configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> magazine class name >> "initSpeed");

Another way would be to shoot at targets at very close ranges to measure the muzzle velocity. Then measure your bullet drop in mil at 1000m. Then modify the C1 parameter in your gun profile until the output matches your measured bullet drop.

As long as the ammo and magazine class names do not change the ATragMX will also read 3rd party config data.

Being able to add new gun profiles on-the-fly that are saved when you close the game would be awesome. But I can not promise to implement this in the near future.

Also, I were testing this addon with friend. We discovered that temperature does not synchronize (mine was 2 degree lower than him, he got totally different data than me for same target).

The base temperature is slightly randomized (+- 3°C) at mission start. If the addon is also running on the server, then the temperature shift is supposed be synchronized. So thanks a lot for letting me know about this issue. I will address it in the next version.

Also2, I don't seem to see effect of that mirage you added in last patch. Any screen comparsion on how does it look and how to apply that parallax fix?
I will make a video when I released the next version.
Anyway, thanks for GREAT addon. Here is video where I shoot at 900m using GM6 Lynx. Almost properly (dunno how many wind to add if shooting that far and through level region).

Pretty nice shooting! You could try to adjust for muzzle velocity variation. At ~24°C you can expect a muzzle velocity boost of around 2 m/s. You could also measure the crosswind - first set your reference heading (press "set heading" while you look at the target), then turn into the wind like you did in the video. The Kestrel will do the math for you. You could then enter WD (9) and WS (crosswind). A good guess in your shooting scenario would have been to add 20% to the wind speed you measured. But your wind call was already very good.

Edited by Ruthberg

temperature is always same 15 degrees even at night nomatter what month is :)

Wind estimation was good, you forgot to take bullet rotation in account though.

I don't know how bullet rotation affects bullet flight path. Yesterday i got good hits at 1,300m , its so enjoyable :-D

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman

Covers really basic stuff like reading measurements and data input & interpreting. Nothing too fancy, just an average shot.

Jakbyś czegoś potrzebował to wal na PW ;)

Version 1.5 Changelog:

-Major performance optimizations (will be noticeable during full-auto fire)

-Fixed temperature and humidity not being synchronized properly in multiplayer

-Fixed a minor bug that caused too much wind deflection when the bullet is flying close above ground

I also uploaded a few more development videos that show how the wind system works:

https://vimeo.com/album/3021620

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

I don't know how bullet rotation affects bullet flight path.
The rotation of the bullet causes spin drift. It will always be to the right, unless you use 3rd party rifles that have a left-hand twist. Coriolis drift will always be to the right if you are on the northern hemisphere and to the left if you are on the southern.

10.4x77mm @ 1000m:

~ 15 cm spin drift

~ 6 cm coriolis drift

12.7x108mm @ 1000m:

~ 20 cm spin drift

~ 7 cm coriolis drift

Edited by Ruthberg

Great! Let the testing begin. I will test it for compatibility with other addons. Yesterday I had problems with scope from other mod, don't remember the error but will try to reproduce it.

Ah, BTW, people like you should work at BIS :D.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

-Major performance optimizations (will be noticeable during full-auto fire)

Sweet.

@external ballistics

Coriolis effect is also negligibe closer to the equator, while it's strongest at the poles.

1mrad of angular size at 1000m is equal to 1m of actual size, so you can easily convert these values for the scope.

@wind sim

Ruthberg, it's impressive. You should be a consultant for marksmen DLC : D

Hi Ruthberg,

is this Ballistics mod really made based on Horus AtragMX in term of the mathematical equation? does this mod really utilize the real algorithm which being used by real AtragMX and other ballistics solver out there? in short words, can i use my own real ballistics solvers to generate firing solution for this mod as if it is a real shooting?

as a long range shooter myself, i have Shooter and Applied Ballistics (with Bryan Litz's algorithm) and some other ballistics apps on my android smartphone, will they work for this mod? or i can only use your AtragMX for this mod?

one more question, does your AtragMX mod work like real Horus Atrag which i can use for real life shooting?

sorry for asking lotta questions :'( very interested in your mods :) but i'd like to dig some infos first...

Edited by vekongmaster

Hi Ruthberg,

is this Ballistics mod really made based on Horus AtragMX in term of the mathematical equation? does this mod really utilize the real algorithm which being used by real AtragMX and other ballistics solver out there?

The algorithms are custom-made for ArmA, but they are based on the same physical principles that apply to projectiles in real world.
in short words, can i use my own real ballistics solvers to generate firing solution for this mod as if it is a real shooting?
Yes.
i have Shooter and Applied Ballistics (with Bryan Litz's algorithm) and some other ballistics apps on my android smartphone, will they work for this mod?
Yes, as long as you can find correct input data for the rifle/ammunition combination you are using in the game. It might not be perfect, but it will get you very close.
one more question, does your AtragMX mod work like real Horus Atrag which i can use for real life shooting?
The real ATragMX software has many features that are not implemented in the mod. And the C1 coefficient in the mod represents something different than in reality. But apart from that, it is very similar.

The algorithms are custom-made for ArmA, but they are based on the same physical principles that apply to projectiles in real world.

Yes.

Yes, as long as you can find correct input data for the rifle/ammunition combination you are using in the game. It might not be perfect, but it will get you very close.

The real ATragMX software has many features that are not implemented in the mod. And the C1 coefficient in the mod represents something different than in reality. But apart from that, it is very similar.

alright i'm gonna install your mod :D so what you're tryna say is the BC values in this mod differ from the BC values of real projectiles, right? let's say a .308 175 grain (M118LR), in real life it has a real BC of 0.496 - 0.505, while in your mod it has an "in-game BC" of 0.822 (for example), right?

if so, would you kindly release all the infos about input data for all the rifles and projectiles in this game? :)

I just installed this mod tonight and played around with it quite a bit. I'm really loving what you've done here, extremely impressive. I've been lurking since Arma 1 days but never really felt the need to say anything, til now. Seeing trace in game, limited as it may be due to graphics and the engine itself, was flat out awesome. (Any particular graphics settings that help with trace and mirage visibility?) Going to AIT here in California, I don't get to shoot long range anymore. Been thinking about trying to learn this stuff to do almost exactly what you did since basic. That way I could have at least a little bit of my old life, even if in a small way. And now you've come along and done more than I was even thinking about. Flat out awesome. Flat as a 6mmBR out to six hundred. :P

Anyway, enough gushing. I was hoping to get a little bit of information. I myself am a huge believer in Bryan Litz's G7 BC and his calculators. His 'Shooter' app on android reliably gave me first round hits on an e-type target at 1400 out of my 308. (When my dad made the wind call, anyway.) And I would love to see the ability to match up a G7 ballistic curve to Arma's in game ballistics. (Call me ornery but I just am not fond of Horus' attitude of tweak it til it matches even if the math doesn't always make sense. Accurate input should result in accurate output, its physics. Litz's does that, Horus'... Not always. [<-Opinion obviously, don't want to argue about it, its all personal preference.]) I contacted Litz company prior to this and got some information about some of the ways to accomplish this but much of it (read: most) is above my head as far as modding goes. If you're interested, send a private message and I can paste what they told me. Unfortunately due to privacy laws stated in the email I cannot post this publicy. Most of it you probably already know but it may be useful to you.

Besides that, I was hoping to find out what BC you were using, G1/G7/Something else? I played with the mod earlier and was having a difficult time reconciling it with the Shooter app. The curve didn't seem to be matching up well for more than two increments of range, but I couldn't know for sure which bullet was used, barrel length, BC, etc. (I was using the M14EBR operating under the assumption that it was a 1in12 right hand twist, 22 inch barrel shooting M118LR, ie Sierra HPBT Matchking 175gr but maybe not since the class still called is 7.62 ball according to Kronzky's range?)

I know some of the information is available in the ammo config file and the weapon config file (though I don't know where those are) but if it's at all possible I think it would help us out to have a concise list of the weapons when you get to that point.

Ie:

Barrel Length

Twist Rate

Bullet Type (And its BC if needed?)

Muzzle Velocity

etc... (I'm sure I forgot something, its late.)

If you have the time to respond I appreciate it, thank you for all your work, regardless of my neediness its better than anything we've had before. :D

I speed read through all the pages to try to make sure I didn't miss anything, but apologies if I missed something obvious.

On a side note is there any way to simulate a gain twist in the Arma engine?

And has anyone had any luck figuring out how to keep most of the features of the latest TMR and still use this mod? I love that scope system, and the Nightforce in particular.

Regards,

Baka

@Baka: i think Ruthberg didn't use G1 or Litz's G7. i asked him if i could use my "Shooter" and "Applied Ballistics" app for this mod (both are based on Litz's formula) and Ruthberg did mention these:

"The algorithms are custom-made for ArmA, but they are based on the same physical principles that apply to projectiles in real world."

"And the C1 coefficient in the mod represents something different than in reality."

"as long as you can find correct input data for the rifle/ammunition combination you are using in the game. It might not be perfect, but it will get you very close."

looking from his demo videos, you can see the BC value he used for a .308 175 grain is 0.922, while in real life there's no way a .308 175 grain has a huge BC like that lol!

a .308 175 grain should have a BC of 0.475/0.485/0.496/0.505.

i haven't tried this mod yet but i assume Ruthberg's Coefficient is made exclusively for this game and differs from real life, but it represents same physical principles that apply to projectiles in real world :) you can use "Shooter" and other real app but it might not be as perfect as Ruthberg's AtragMX mod (which is designed for this ballistics mod)

is this right, Ruthberg?

@BakaEngel, vekongmaster, I will address your questions soon. But at the moment I do not have time for a detailed answer.

In short: ArmA uses a very simple drag model, which assumes that the drag force is always proportional to the velocity squared. ArmAs drag coefficient is called airFriction. You can find some information about it here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings

The default airFriction for a .50 BMG bullet in ArmA is -0.00056. The C1 coefficient in the ATragMX addon currently represents ArmAs airFriction value (airFriction / -1000). Which would be 0.56 for a .50 BMG bullet.

There is no quick & dirty way of converting a ballistic coefficient (G1, G7 ...) into an airFriction value, or doing the inverse.

I am currently working on the implementation of a G1/G7 drag model for the AdvancedBallistics addon, which will allow us to use G1/G7 ballistic coefficients instead of ArmAs airFriction coefficients. You can then use real world ballistic solvers to calculate firing solution in ArmA.

Edited by Ruthberg

There is no quick & dirty way of converting a ballistic coefficient (G1, G7 ...) into an airFriction value, or doing the inverse.
I am currently working on the implementation of a G1/G7 drag model for the AdvancedBallistics addon, which will allow us to use G1/G7 ballistic coefficients instead of ArmAs airFriction coefficients. You can then use real world ballistic solvers to calculate firing solution in ArmA.

i admit your mod is extremely awesome (especially for its capability to simulate air drag, spin drift, coriolis, etc) :ok:

i was about to promote it to my precision shooting community but then i realized your coefficient (or the air friction) is not the same as the real coefficient :( if somehow you could implement G1 and G7 drag model into your mod, this mod would definitely become an advanced shooting simulator which can be used by real long range shooters or snipers

i know a guy named QuickDagger, he's a modder too. He made an awesome ballistics mod for Arma 2 ("Dagger Ballistics"). Amazingly that mod utilizes real G1 Ballistics Coefficient! i can even easily use my ballistics solvers for his mod. All my ballistics solvers amazingly seem to match Dagger's projectile trajectory. i can even apply my real quick formulas (that i use for real shooting) to his mod :D But unfortunately his mod doesn't simulate real dynamic air density, the atmospheric parameter is always constant at sea level (29.52 inhg, 59°F, 78%humidity).

Despite that fact, that dude successfully managed to implement real G1 BC into his mod :bounce3: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24600

with all due respect, i highly suggest you to team up with QuickDagger or you can ask him to help you perfect this mod or perhaps you can dig some infos from that dude coz he's a ballistics genius just like you ;) please think about it, Ruthberg.

Edited by vekongmaster

This is how ammunition classes are going to look like in the upcoming version 1.6:

class AB_762x51_Ball_M80 : B_762x51_Ball
{
AB_caliber=0.308;
AB_bulletLength=1.14;
AB_bulletMass=147;
AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-91, -86, -78, -68, -57, -42, -23, 0, 29, 65, 110};
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.2};
AB_velocityBoundaries[]={};
AB_standardAtmosphere="ICAO";
AB_dragModel=7;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={833};
AB_barrelLengths[]={24};
};
class AB_762x51_Ball_M118LR : B_762x51_Ball
{
AB_caliber=0.308;
AB_bulletLength=1.24;
AB_bulletMass=175;
AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityShifts[]={-91, -86, -78, -68, -57, -42, -23, 0, 29, 65, 110};
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.505, 0.496, 0.485, 0.485, 0.485};
AB_velocityBoundaries[]={853, 549, 549, 549};
AB_standardAtmosphere="ICAO";
AB_dragModel=1;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={778, 816, 861};
AB_barrelLengths[]={16, 20, 26};
};

Edited by Ruthberg

@BakaEngel, vekongmaster, I will address your questions soon. But at the moment I do not have time for a detailed answer.

In short: ArmA uses a very simple drag model, which assumes that the drag force is always proportional to the velocity squared. ArmAs drag coefficient is called airFriction. You can find some information about it here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings

The default airFriction for a .50 BMG bullet in ArmA is -0.00056. The C1 coefficient in the ATragMX addon currently represents ArmAs airFriction value (airFriction / -1000). Which would be 0.56 for a .50 BMG bullet.

Let me know when you can figure this out, I could work WONDERS with a system like this....

Version 1.6 Changelog:

-Full 3d wind simulation (head-, tail- and crosswinds are now taken into account, vertical winds are also supported)

-Added G1/G7 drag model (allows you to specify a ballistic coefficient in the config)

-BCs can change with velocity (BC array in the ammo config)

-Muzzle velocity changes with barrel length (MV array in the ammo config)

You can now use any properly written ballistic solver to calculate firing solutions for ammunition/rifle combinations that support the new drag model. 3rd party weapon developers that want to build upon this system can take a look at the "Guideline for 3rd party weapon/ammunition developers" in the first post.

The vanilla ammo classes are supplemented to represent the following cartridges:

B_9x21_Ball - 9mm Ball - M882

B_45ACP_Ball - .45 ACP - M1911

B_127x99_Ball - .50 BMG - M33

B_762x51_Ball - 7.62 NATO - M80

B_556x45_Ball - 5.56 NATO - M855

Modified 3rd party ammo classes:

RH_556x45_B_Mk262 - Mk262 Mod 1 - BlackHills .224 dia. 223 Rem. 77 gr. Sierra HPBT Match

Important notes:

-Make sure you are using the new userconfig file

-The ATragMX v0.7 does not yet support the advanced drag model

-The ammo/rifle configs are work in progress and might change in later versions

PS: I will not have much time to continue working on it in the next 3 weeks. But I will continue once I get back.

And I would love to see the ability to match up a G7 ballistic curve to Arma's in game ballistics.

G1 and G7 drag curves are now supported.

I know some of the information is available in the ammo config file and the weapon config file (though I don't know where those are) but if it's at all possible I think it would help us out to have a concise list of the weapons when you get to that point.

Complete ammunition and weapon class config:

class CfgAmmo

{

class B_556x45_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.224;

AB_bulletLength=0.906;

AB_bulletMass=62;

AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityData[]={-91, -86, -78, -68, -57, -42, -23, 0, 29, 65, 110};

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.304};

AB_standardAtmosphere="ASM";

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={835, 875, 933, 954, 993, 1032, 1010, 1034};

AB_barrelLengths[]={10.5, 11.5, 14.5, 16, 20, 21.5, 24, 26};

};

class RH_556x45_B_Mk262

{

AB_caliber=0.224;

AB_bulletLength=0.906;

AB_bulletMass=77;

AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityData[]={-91, -86, -78, -68, -57, -42, -23, 0, 29, 65, 110};

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.361};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={};

AB_barrelLengths[]={};

};

class B_65x39_Caseless

{

AB_caliber=0.264;

AB_bulletLength=1.295;

AB_bulletMass=123;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.510,0.477,0.450,0.420};

AB_velocityBoundaries[]={498,427,381,381};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={810};

AB_barrelLengths[]={24};

};

class B_762x51_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.308;

AB_bulletLength=1.14;

AB_bulletMass=146;

AB_standardAtmosphere="ISA";

AB_dragModel=7;

AB_barrelLengths[]={24};

};

class B_9x21_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.356;

AB_bulletLength=0.610;

AB_bulletMass=124;

AB_ammoTempMuzzleVelocityData[]={-9, -8, -7, -6, -5, -4, -2, 0, 2, 6, 11};

AB_dragModel=7;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={370};

AB_barrelLengths[]={5};

};

class B_408_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.408;

AB_bulletLength=2.126;

AB_bulletMass=410;

AB_transonicStabilityCoef=1;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.97};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={910};

AB_barrelLengths[]={29};

};

class B_127x99_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.510;

AB_bulletLength=2.310;

AB_bulletMass=647;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.670};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={853};

AB_barrelLengths[]={29};

};

class B_127x108_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.511;

AB_bulletLength=2.520;

AB_bulletMass=745;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={860};

AB_barrelLengths[]={43.3};

};

class B_45ACP_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.452;

AB_bulletLength=0.68;

AB_bulletMass=230;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.195};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={250};

AB_barrelLengths[]={5};

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class hgun_P07_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=10;

AB_barrelLength=4;

};

class hgun_Rook40_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=10;

AB_barrelLength=4.4;

};

class hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=4.5;

};

class hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=3;

};

class hgun_ACPC2_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=5;

};

class hgun_PDW2000_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=7;

};

class arifle_Katiba_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=26.8;

};

class arifle_Katiba_C_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=8;

AB_barrelLength=28.7;

};

class arifle_MX_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=14.5;

};

class arifle_MXC_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=8;

AB_barrelLength=10.5;

};

class arifle_MXM_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=18;

};

class arifle_SDAR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=11.25;

AB_barrelLength=18;

};

class arifle_TRG20_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=15;

};

class arifle_TRG21_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=18.1;

};

class LMG_Zafir_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=12;

AB_barrelLength=18.1;

};

class arifle_Mk20_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

};

class arifle_Mk20C_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

};

class SMG_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=5.5;

};

class srifle_DMR_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9.5;

AB_barrelLength=24;

};

class srifle_EBR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=12;

AB_barrelLength=24;

};

class LMG_Mk200_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=12.5;

};

class srifle_LRR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=13;

AB_barrelLength=29;

};

class srifle_GM6_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=15;

AB_barrelLength=43.3;

};

};

On a side note is there any way to simulate a gain twist in the Arma engine?

You can pretty much simulate everything you want. But I do not plan on adding more stuff regarding internal ballistics.

Edited by Ruthberg

Version 1.6 Changelog:

-Full 3d wind simulation (head-, tail- and crosswinds are now taken into account, vertical winds are also supported)

-Added G1/G7 drag model (allows you to specify a ballistic coefficient in the config)

-BCs can change with velocity (BC array in the ammo config)

-Muzzle velocity changes with barrel length (MV array in the ammo config)

You can now use any properly written ballistic solver to calculate firing solutions for ammunition/rifle combinations that support the new drag model. 3rd party weapon developers that want to build upon this system can take a look at the "Guideline for 3rd party weapon/ammunition developers" in the first post.

The vanilla ammo classes are supplemented to represent the following cartridges:

B_9x21_Ball - 9mm Ball - M882

B_45ACP_Ball - .45 ACP - M1911

B_127x99_Ball - .50 BMG - M33

B_762x51_Ball - 7.62 NATO - M80

B_556x45_Ball - 5.56 NATO - M855

Modified 3rd party ammo classes:

RH_556x45_B_Mk262 - Mk262 Mod 1 - BlackHills .224 dia. 223 Rem. 77 gr. Sierra HPBT Match

Important notes:

-Make sure you are using the new userconfig file

-The ATragMX v0.7 does not yet support the advanced drag model

-The ammo/rifle configs are work in progress and might change in later versions

PS: I will not have much time to continue working on it in the next 3 weeks. But I will continue once I get back.

G1 and G7 drag curves are now supported.

Complete ammunition and weapon class config:

class CfgAmmo

{

class B_556x45_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.224;

AB_bulletLength=0.906;

AB_bulletMass=62;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.304};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={835, 875, 933, 954, 993, 1032, 1010, 1034};

AB_barrelLengths[]={10.5, 11.5, 14.5, 16, 20, 21.5, 24, 26};

};

class RH_556x45_B_Mk262

{

AB_caliber=0.224;

AB_bulletLength=0.906;

AB_bulletMass=77;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.361};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={};

AB_barrelLengths[]={};

};

class B_65x39_Caseless

{

AB_caliber=0.264;

AB_bulletLength=1.295;

AB_bulletMass=123;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.510,0.477,0.450,0.420};

AB_velocityBoundaries[]={498,427,381,381};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={810};

AB_barrelLengths[]={24};

};

class B_762x51_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.308;

AB_bulletLength=1.14;

AB_bulletMass=146;

AB_standardAtmosphere="ISA";

AB_dragModel=7;

AB_barrelLengths[]={24};

};

class B_9x21_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.356;

AB_bulletLength=0.610;

AB_bulletMass=124;

AB_dragModel=7;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={370};

AB_barrelLengths[]={5};

};

class B_408_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.408;

AB_bulletLength=2.126;

AB_bulletMass=410;

AB_transonicStabilityCoef=1;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.97};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={910};

AB_barrelLengths[]={29};

};

class B_127x99_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.510;

AB_bulletLength=2.310;

AB_bulletMass=647;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.670};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={853};

AB_barrelLengths[]={29};

};

class B_127x108_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.511;

AB_bulletLength=2.520;

AB_bulletMass=745;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={860};

AB_barrelLengths[]={43.3};

};

class B_45ACP_Ball

{

AB_caliber=0.452;

AB_bulletLength=0.68;

AB_bulletMass=230;

AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.195};

AB_dragModel=1;

AB_muzzleVelocities[]={250};

AB_barrelLengths[]={5};

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

class hgun_P07_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=10;

AB_barrelLength=4;

};

class hgun_Rook40_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=10;

AB_barrelLength=4.4;

};

class hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=4.5;

};

class hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=3;

};

class hgun_ACPC2_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=5;

};

class hgun_PDW2000_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=7;

};

class arifle_Katiba_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=26.8;

};

class arifle_Katiba_C_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=8;

AB_barrelLength=28.7;

};

class arifle_MX_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=14.5;

};

class arifle_MXC_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=8;

AB_barrelLength=10.5;

};

class arifle_MXM_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9;

AB_barrelLength=18;

};

class arifle_SDAR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=11.25;

AB_barrelLength=18;

};

class arifle_TRG20_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=15;

};

class arifle_TRG21_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=18.1;

};

class LMG_Zafir_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=12;

AB_barrelLength=18.1;

};

class arifle_Mk20_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

};

class arifle_Mk20C_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

};

class SMG_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=16;

AB_barrelLength=5.5;

};

class srifle_DMR_01_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=9.5;

AB_barrelLength=24;

};

class srifle_EBR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=12;

AB_barrelLength=24;

};

class LMG_Mk200_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=7;

AB_barrelLength=12.5;

};

class srifle_LRR_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=13;

AB_barrelLength=29;

};

class srifle_GM6_F

{

AB_barrelTwist=15;

AB_barrelLength=43.3;

};

};

You can pretty much simulate everything you want. But I do not plan on adding more stuff regarding internal ballistics.

OMFG so now this mod works exactly just like the real life? we can use real projectile Ballistics Coefficient (like 175 gr SMK M118LR with 0.496 BC)? Holy shit for real bro?! you managed to use real life air drag?! you're not kidding, right? yihaaa!!! we can use our ballistics solver then, right bro? #OverExcited

omg i'm gonna promote this to my shooting community, this will put Karin Christensen's Shooter Ready outta the business for sure lol XD we can use this sim to practice whenever we can't go out to shooting range :) good job, Ruthberg!!!! :jump_clap::bounce12:

Edited by vekongmaster