kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Nothing I can do about that, since those vics probably use as a base clase the vanilla choppers.

There might be another solution, I'll have to test some stuff.

You're amazing <3

Yeah I also have the same problem of AI gunners not engaging.

Is there any way to get the crosshairs away from the vanilla aircraft? I don't know whats worse - AI gunners not engaging or those white crosshairs messing up a perfectly good HMD :)

Yeah I also have the same problem of AI gunners not engaging.

Is there any way to get the crosshairs away from the vanilla aircraft? I don't know whats worse - AI gunners not engaging or those white crosshairs messing up a perfectly good HMD :)

The vanilla crosshairs for weapons have been removed in my mod already, however if you mean the boxes and diamonds for lock then yes, I'm working on it.

I think one of the problems that prevents Ai from shooting is that i changed a lot of parameters in them so that they could be lockable by looking at a target and hiting the lock key (which didn't work on most of the weapons).

Again I would say that it is unfortunate, but then again AI is AI and I play Arma mostly for the Coop.

Not talking about the lock boxes now. Since the weapons pbo is the one keeping AI gunners from engaging it unfortunately has to go (for me). But then when I fly I get those vanilla crosshairs.

Not talking about the lock boxes now. Since the weapons pbo is the one keeping AI gunners from engaging it unfortunately has to go (for me). But then when I fly I get those vanilla crosshairs.

Aye aye haha. Not much i can do there :s

Looks like a great mod. I'll be testing it out on our Mi-48s shortly.

Hopefully you can work with RHS on some HUD coolness. Have you any plans to do something for the JS_JC_SU-35S ? An improved HUD and helmet system would be awesome however I'm not entirely sure what kind of system the Russians use.

I'm already doing them for the Apache, Black hawk and Chinook for the RHS mod.

Dunno about the russian conterparts, as I have little to no reference for HMDs.

As for John_Spartan and Saul's aircraft, they already have pretty cool HUDs, and I have a "I-don't-work-if-not-asked-for" policy in regards to mods.

Ah, fair enough. It was more the helmet display I was thinking for the SU-35S really. Good to hear you're workbg with RHS.

But yes, not much info available on Russian stuff :confused: I'd imagine the RL Mi-28 & KA-52 would have some kind of HMD though.

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE!!!

HMDs Kimi v2.6

Version 2.6:

- Removed UAV enhancements (moved to USAF TACP Assets MOD).

- Changed Heading Tape.

- Added HMDs for the Huron (pilot only).

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Anthariel and Foxhound for the mirror :)

While experimenting with the jammer, I came across something weird. In ArmA3, are flares etc only effective versus one missile before they're "destroyed"? So one cant, mechanically, force two to miss versus one, singular flare?

Either way, this mod owns :) A must-have for my Coop group!

Edited by Nerdwing

While experimenting with the jammer, I came across something weird. In ArmA3, are flares etc only effective versus one missile before they're "destroyed"? So one cant, mechanically, force two to miss versus one, singular flare?

Either way, this mod owns :) A must-have for my Coop group!

I think that's how it works yeah, each missile needs a certain amount of flares launched from the vehicle which they locked on to to be spoofed. There a lot of probablilty going on in the config, so it aint like black or white. The jammer however, spits an insame ammount of invisible flares so chances of being hit by an IR guided missile (basically every missile in arma since radar is not simulated, yet?) are close to none.

Hey there

Is it possible to create a 1 pbo file with all your HMDs inside ?

It's just annoying to have that much files :(

Thank you for your work anyway !

Hey there

Is it possible to create a 1 pbo file with all your HMDs inside ?

It's just annoying to have that much files :(

Thank you for your work anyway !

And how is that annoying?

I did it for modularity purposes so people can just delete what they don't wan't to use.

Love this mod, I can actually fly helicopters now. 2.5 seemed to be working error free, just installed 2.6 and I get several popup boxes, first one on the splash screen is

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfhVehicles/Heli_Transport_03_base_F.scope'."

When I enter the editor and load a save with a helicoper I get:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfhVehicles/Heli_Transport_03_base_F.icon'."

Then when I hit Preview I get:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfhVehicles/Heli_Transport_03_base_F.vehicleClass'."

and it kicks be back to the editor.

Edit: this has something to do with the Huron. When I reinstalled 2.5 and placed the Huron.pbo and .pbo.kimi_gerald.bisign files from 2.6 in the addons folder, I get the errors.

Edited by Waverider

ok, off it goes again then. I freaking hate that fat s*** helo.

Thanks for reporting

Hotfix: HMDs_Kimi_v2.7

Version 2.7:

- Removed Huron HMD (AGAIN).

Edited by geraldbolso1899

And how is that annoying?

I did it for modularity purposes so people can just delete what they don't wan't to use.

At least could they have the same prefix ? I run all of your hmd addons, wich are all great, but they are in a large folder, and when I have to update things I would find it more clear to have one file or at least a block of files.

It is just an "ergonomy" remark from a server admin. I did not want to blame you or be negative.

Regards,

Tyra

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello geraldbolso1899, I'd like to report that in Version 2.7 the armed Hellcat is broken, I get a "cannot open object bmp.p3d." I tried many things to see if it was conflicting with other addons, but it also does this when your addon is the only one activated. In the drop down menu for AAF -> AIR it shows simply "Helicopter" rather than WY-55 Hellcat, but WY-55 Hellcat (Green/unarmed) is fine.

Thanks

Hello geraldbolso1899, I'd like to report that in Version 2.7 the armed Hellcat is broken, I get a "cannot open object bmp.p3d." I tried many things to see if it was conflicting with other addons, but it also does this when your addon is the only one activated. In the drop down menu for AAF -> AIR it shows simply "Helicopter" rather than WY-55 Hellcat, but WY-55 Hellcat (Green/unarmed) is fine.

Thanks

Hmm, that's weird. Im away from home for a couple of days. Was there an arma update?

Try downloading from my link.

Hmm, that's weird. Im away from home for a couple of days. Was there an arma update?

Try downloading from my link.

Well I play using Dev Branch, and it was downloaded from Armaholic. I will have a busy rest of the week. I will try and get you a more detailed report Sunday night. If you want I can look into your config file for just the hellcat.