kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

12:37:26 Warning Message: Addon 'Comanche_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Ghost_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'LilB_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Lynx_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Merlin_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'UAVs_HMDs_Kimi' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'UI_OPT_HMDs_Kimi' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'

Seems like something is missing from the latest version =)

12:37:26 Warning Message: Addon 'Comanche_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Ghost_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'LilB_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Lynx_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'Merlin_HMDs_Kimi_METRIC' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'UAVs_HMDs_Kimi' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'
12:37:28 Warning Message: Addon 'UI_OPT_HMDs_Kimi' requires addon 'UI_HMDs_kimi'

Seems like something is missing from the latest version =)

FML, i changed the pbo names but forgot to change the cfgpatches :mad:

Thanks for reporting

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

HOTFIX AVAILABLE!!!!

Kimi_HMDs_v2.4.1

Changelog v2.4.1:

- Hotfix.

Sorry for the inconveniences, welcome to Arma.

hI geraldbolso1899, with PWS version 2.4.1 I have this message ""addon comanche_Hmds_kimi_Metric requires addon UI_HMDs_kimi :confused:

gracias.

edit: i solved it, copying files with your hotfix link

Edited by Rapax

It is showing as updated 40 minutes ago (as of 1232 EST) but my six isn't showing the new version... still shows 2.4?

Be patient :)

The network is syncing, sometimes your API call might be a bit delayed, thus the version will not be available everywhere at the same time. I will look into the ability to make the posts available once the versions are actually available everywhere, but that is not so easy as it depends on the client call.

Anyhow, now it should be there :)

enjoy

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Be patient :)

The network is syncing, sometimes your API call might be a bit delayed, thus the version will not be available everywhere at the same time. I will look into the ability to make the posts available once the versions are actually available everywhere, but that is not so easy as it depends on the client call.

Anyhow, now it should be there :)

enjoy

Ah gotcha, never knew how it worked, thanks for the info!

Just a heads up:

Hellcat helicopters (Lynx) do not have a working "magic radar" at the moment, it is like that in vanilla.

I'm trying to bring that back cause you loose the MWR too, and that IS a big deal.

They changed the radarType into value of 8, which is undocumented but my best guess it's the "dummy compass".

Changing that back to value of 4 gives back the air radar.

Anyway I've been thinking of making a missile warning system using the IncomingMissile EH that would give the warning also to the guys at back letting them know not to disturb the pilot too much.

Just haven't got around doing it and reverting to the magic radar was a bit easier.

Edited by eRazeri

Is it possible to have a magic radar only on active (motor active) vehicles? Its almost impossible for AA-Vehicles to ambush.

Is it possible to have a magic radar only on active (motor active) vehicles? Its almost impossible for AA-Vehicles to ambush.

It' would be awesome, but I'm not skilled enought to pull that. However, MANPADS can do nasty things cause "radars" don't pick em up.

Now, i have not tried it, but this radar thingy is LOS based, so if u place a SAM below a camo net maybe it could work.

If you assign vehicles to CIV side, they will always have just white radar signature. One can disable radar signature for an unit altogether too.

Just a heads up, something like the A-10 would NOT be equipped with a HMD, due to the fact that it's already got a HUD, an having both would be extremely disorienting. If the aircraft does not have a HUD, such as something like the F-35 or most helicopters, than it's more than reasonable. But the one for the Wipeout is far out of place. This goes for in game and Real life, if there is HMD involved, that's because the aircraft is usually designed to be compatible with it.

So guess what? F16C block 52 have HUDs AND HMDs... they don´t exclude each other, they COMPLEMENT each other... the HMD appears when you´re not looking directly to the front (where you can see the HUD)

I have no prob at with wipeout HMD+HUD combo... except for the fact this config conflict´s with teacup´s Su-22M4 (it removes that jet weapons GUI, so I can´t tell which weapon is armed =P

Cheers!

Just a heads up, something like the A-10 would NOT be equipped with a HMD, due to the fact that it's already got a HUD, an having both would be extremely disorienting. If the aircraft does not have a HUD, such as something like the F-35 or most helicopters, than it's more than reasonable. But the one for the Wipeout is far out of place. This goes for in game and Real life, if there is HMD involved, that's because the aircraft is usually designed to be compatible with it.

I'm just gonna leave this video here...

and these links over here...

http://www.gentexcorp.com/default.aspx?pageid=2768

http://www.gentexcorp.com/default.aspx?pageid=3743

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

;2843385']So guess what? F16C block 52 have HUDs AND HMDs... they don´t exclude each other' date=' they [b']COMPLEMENT[/b] each other... the HMD appears when you´re not looking directly to the front (where you can see the HUD)

I have no prob at with wipeout HMD+HUD combo... except for the fact this config conflict´s with teacup´s Su-22M4 (it removes that jet weapons GUI, so I can´t tell which weapon is armed =P

Cheers!

That maybe cause he is using the wipeout as a base in the config.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

;2843307']If you assign vehicles to CIV side' date=' they will always have just white radar signature. One can disable radar signature for an unit altogether too.[/quote']

Yes, you are correct. What we really need is IFF.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

New Update Available!!!

Kimi_HMDs_v2.5

Version 2.5:

- Edited size of weapon crosshairs.

- Added Centerline Dot/Cross to every chopper.

- Revised Rates of Fire in M134 minigus.

- Revised Dispersion in M134 minigus.

- Revised Rocket Burst Settings.

Thanks Kecharles for the quick mirrors! ;)

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi geraldbolso,

Just want to say that I love your work :) - thank you for all of your effort and a worthy contribution to something that was much needed in Arma 3.

These HMDs are outstanding, but I seem to be encountering a strange issue when flying as a pilot in the attack helicopters. For some reason the AI gunner in the Comanche/Kajman no longer seems to be able to engage enemy infantry..

I have tested this in the editor and the AI gunner will engage vehicles with the gun without issue but when it comes to infantry he simply acquires them, and slaves the gun onto them but he does not open fire... whether I command him to open fire or not. The only way for me to fire upon infantry is to switch to manual fire and pull the trigger while the AI gunner has the gun on target.

Please note that I have ruled out all of the other mods I use as the cause of this issue, and it only occurs when I activate the HMD mod, and persists even if I run the HMD mod on its own with vanilla A3. Could this be related to the weapon tweaks?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best Regards

Gryphon01

Edited by Gryphon-01

Hi geraldbolso,

Just want to say that I love your work :) - thank you for all of your effort and a worthy contribution to something that was much needed in Arma 3.

These HMDs are outstanding, but I seem to be encountering a strange issue when flying as a pilot in the attack helicopters. For some reason the AI gunner in the Comanche/Kajman no longer seems to be able to engage enemy infantry..

I have tested this in the editor and the AI gunner will engage vehicles with the gun without issue but when it comes to infantry he simply acquires them, and slaves the gun onto them but he does not open fire... whether I command him to open fire or not. The only way for me to fire upon infantry is to switch to manual fire and pull the trigger while the AI gunner has the gun on target.

Please note that I have ruled out all of the other mods I use as the cause of this issue, and it only occurs when I activate the HMD mod, and persists even if I run the HMD mod on its own with vanilla A3. Could this be related to the weapon tweaks?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best Regards

Gryphon01

It probably is, the weird thing is that i didn't touch anything AI related. Try cycling the weapons on the gunner (when he is in control of them) all the way until the gun is selected.

I also recall u needing to be stoopidly close to infantry for the gunner to engage em. Will dig in a bit more.

Thanks for reporting!

Hello again,

Just to report, I have carried out further tests with latest version of the mod but removed the hmds_kimi_weapons PBO from the mod folder before running A3 - I can confirm that the AI gunners are now engaging infantry without any issue. I guess we could consider this a temporary workaround for the moment, at the expense of not using the weapons features though lol :p

Best Regards

Gryphon01

Edited by Gryphon-01

Hey quick question. The HMDs conflict with any other vehicle by not showing me the speed and height in the top left but rather only showing me the flare and it's setting. Is there anyway that I can have the HMDs disabled on any vehicle it does not support?

Hey quick question. The HMDs conflict with any other vehicle by not showing me the speed and height in the top left but rather only showing me the flare and it's setting. Is there anyway that I can have the HMDs disabled on any vehicle it does not support?

Nothing I can do about that, since those vics probably use as a base clase the vanilla choppers.

There might be another solution, I'll have to test some stuff.