The ones you sent me were incomplete, you said it yourself some minor bits needed to be finished (vehicle hatches and periscopes, etc) so i waited and caught up with other projects in the mean time.

In other news, i got the pintle mounted m240 to work but i'm still having minor problems to get it working along the commander "magical 360 periscope".

Guess what!

Apparently i found another bug in the game...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20088

I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what was messing with the commander periscope only to find out it was this... :mad:

Anyway the turret now moves and shoots correctly, the next update is getting closer.

When are you going to release it then?

When it's ready, that could be anything between tomorrow and a week from now.

I still have to fix a few bits here and there and add the new textures (thank you!), then it should be good to go.

UPDATE - 04/08/2014

http://imageshack.com/a/img539/3971/LZ3w6M.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5356/V3jMBI.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8111/vDRWpE.png

V0.3 is finally rolling out!

The LAV25 is finally getting a pintle mounted M240 (you can find it as LAV-25A2).

After an epic battle with models and configs i managed to get it working, however it still is not exactly how i wanted it to be.

Disabling the machinegun from inside the turret would inevitably bug the commander periscope.

I opened a ticket on the feedback tracker if you want to help out (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20088) .

Another good news is that the LAV is getting a new desert paintjob!

Hogthar and Sitrepo from Design Mastery were so kind to provide me with a new desert painting.

There are still some changes to be made but i wanted to roll this update out now and get some feedback while i focus on other projects.

Also thanks to RedPhoenix that helped me sort out a few problems with PhysX.

Changelog:

V0.3 - 04/08/2014

-Added pintle mounted M240 on new variant (LAV-25A2)

-front panel should not raise when the vehicle gets damaged or destroyed anymore

-wheels should finally touch the ground now

-added desert skin

-added menu icon in factions

-added bikey and bisign

DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/umv92ztp0rahdiv/%40Cha_Lav25.rar

sorry i failed you chair, i ended up with too much on my plate to focus on the textures 100%

No problem.

I hope you don't take it personally.

Regards.

Nice to hear and really good made phsysix on the LAV`s we love to drive it thx.

Edited by Speedygonzales

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

2 things I noticed. 1 The driver does not have the typical arma vehicle compass idk if this is intentional or not and 2. the vehicle cannot be spawned with mcc (at least on the two machines I tested) but it does work with Zeus.

I don't know how MCC sandbox works but as far as i remember it wasn't necessary to do anything except load the mod.

Does it happen just with my mod or with other mods as well?

The driver "radar" was not intended, i'll look into it.

I have an Abrams mod running and the F-18 mod and both of those are place able through MCC. Also I should probably be more specific about the radar. The driver even if they have a compass in their inventory has no bearings on their radar or their current heading underneath. but the radar circle still shows up.

Edited by Lunokhod

I have no idea why MCC doesn't work, there isn't anything particular about the vehicles.

Does it happen with groups of vehicles or with single ones too?

Keep in mind the LAV is in another Faction, not under NATO.

Yeah I was under the LAV faction. It may have been my machines (would not be the first time), I'm trying it out with a group in about 4 hours so I'll see then if other people can get it showing up in MCC. I haven't tried placing a group with LAVs in it yet I'll try that at the same time. I'll get back to you with the results.

There are no LAV groups actually, i just wanted to make sure you looked into the single units placement and not the groups placement.

There are no LAV groups actually, i just wanted to make sure you looked into the single units placement and not the groups placement.

The problem with MCC isn´t necessarily group related, but classname related, HAFM units and vehicles had a problem initially with MCC, cus if I recall it right, the classnames should be something like blufor_NATO_LAV25 for example... the closer the classname is from a vanilla unit/vehicle/asset, the better...

Your LAV25 spawns easely with VVS (Virtual Vehicle Spawner) script/mod, and dezkit jets, for example, aren´t listed on VVS, but spawns easely with MCC... classnames standarization is a bitch but helps a lot with those issues...

cheers!

Now that's gonna be a problem... :confused:

I keep them with "distinctive" classnames exactly because i don't want them to conflict with other mods.

Thanks for your tip.

very well porting!!! now seems like vanilla stuff

Looks absolutely brilliant. Just out of interest, the commander can accurately fire the pintle mounted M240s when turned in. Is that supposed to be the case?