That's really nice!

I gotta find a way to take away that shiny effect for good now.

It's something i always hated. :mad:

Easy, you can either go into your smdi, green channel and paint the frame a darker grey (specular maps are essentially greyscale, with white being the most reflective to black being not at all).

Or you can modify the rvmat settings (suggest right clicking and opening with Material Editor) and adjust the Specular to a lower number or the Specular Power to a lower number. In this case Specular will determines the power behind your _smdi.

Specular Power determines the spread and is mainly used to establish a more glossy coat which will also darken the paint or a more matte with a wider spread...you don't want to go with 0 power though because it just won't look quite right.

I am the guy making a new texture for the LAV-25. heres a screen of current progress

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/52106236334412748/64E6394FFD572258DE7B8E6CBAA9E46307E6172C/

the coloration difference between gun and body is fixed this was taken before hand

Looking good, the brown could use a bit more darkening and the green looks more lime than olive drab, its possible they could both just about 10-20% de-saturation to drain the color some.

Also if you are working with the colors as unique layers I would highly recommend blurring along the edges of each one (otherwise they won't blend).

It adds a nice extra touch and finished look but it also helps the brown and green really blend into one another more, for example

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/lav-25-1.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/tracks1.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

I am the guy making a new texture for the LAV-25. heres a screen of current progress

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/52106236334412748/64E6394FFD572258DE7B8E6CBAA9E46307E6172C/

the coloration difference between gun and body is fixed this was taken before hand

I have to agree with Nod here, darken up the textures, and add some dirt to that beast :D

Here's a ref:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/LAV-25_USMC.JPG (1412 kB)

I have no idea.

They don't shoot regardless of distance. The AI commander gives the order to engage, the AI gunner just sits there watching the target without shooting.

Thank you!

is it possible the gunner is getting faction side mixed up?

I have a similar issue with HAFM air units,maybe related somehow...

Basically HAFM air are independant,the pilots will engage ground targets,but the ground targets never engage the aircraft.

Done with mass AAA test.

Thats all i could think of.

The crew is the usual NATO crewmen, side is 1 which is BLUFOR.

The Faction class is BLUFOR as well.

Nothing else comes to mind related to side or faction.

I'm thinking maybe there's a parameter in model.cfg that affects AI behavior.

I'll look into it.

Thanks for your help anyway, if you come up with anything else i'll give it a try.

Will you be updating this mod to adapt to the new sound changes or is this not a issue with this mod?

I tested it yesteday and everything seems to be working fine as far as i could see.

There's still the issue for the LAV-C2 gunner that has sounds like it was inside the vehicle but that was there before.

If you find any other errors let me know.

I'll be taking you LAV for a couple of extreme tests in a couple of hours, I'll see if I can find any problems then!!

EDIT: Took it for a quick drive and found following problems:

Wheels definitely floating a bit, tinkering with the vehicle physics might do the trick

Hit textures on wheels look like the rounds are hitting dirt instead of rubber

Wheels need to be strengthened a bit, they get damaged too easily

Annoying faction of placement of vehicles under 'Light Armour Recon' makes the editor menu seem a bit messy, I hope you change the faction back to NATO Armour in the next patch :)

Edited by Jonathan0434

Thanks for your feedback.

The wrong material for wheels is something new, i'll check that up.

As for the separate faction, i made it that way because i don't want to clog the NATO faction, and i'm not likely going to change it. We'll see.

Chairborne! the antenna on lav 25 hq could be a perfect asset for Task force arrowhead radio, a long distance communication hehehehe;)

I have no idea how that works and i prefer to spend time on other features, or fix already existing bugs.

If it's the same as ACRE it should already have the most powerful radio by default so there's no real need to go crazy over scripting for that.

After testing I found further issues:

The passenger furthest from the doors have part of their shoulder inside the turret ring

Wheels are weaker than vanilla MRAP wheels, they failed to pass the rock crossing section of the vehicle range

Gun of LAV-C2 will sometimes go into the gunner/commander's head

Commander is called a commander on the editor but actual position name in game is a gunner's position

Gun pokes into the passenger compartment of the vehicle when at minimum elevation

LAV should not be completely destroyed by a single RPG-42 round, it should only damaged enough to give the crew time to bail out before blowing up as the RPG would have gone right through the armor before blowing up

Also having the LAV-25 in a separate faction makes the faction menu more clogged up while having it inside NATO would make it less clogged up :)

Edited by Jonathan0434

There's no way to avoid the M240 to clip with the commander's head i'm afraid, unless you're looking into the "optic" it's going to clip.

As for armor, it's really that weak, even 12.7 can pierce it at the right angle.

There is a reason why it's called LIGHT armored vehicle. :)

It's just vanilla A3 vehicles that seem to be undestructable to anything below a MBT gun.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

I just noticed wheel damage animations are also wrong, shooting the rear tyres will blow up the second ones.

Must have mixed them up.

Edit: i checked the turret animation. It clips with the passenger compartment but i think there's no other way to solve this other than reducing too much the gun aiming limits.

As of now it's on par with real stats, 60° to -10°, i'll reduce it up a bit just so it doesn't clip with the front of the hull and call it a day.

Edited by Chairborne

Good stuff.

Not a single complaint about the driving physics.

Well done.

With most mods there would usually be a ton of problems at release, not his one, Chairborne has managed to release a relatively high quality mod at v0.1!!

I got to solve the problem with the AI not shooting at enemies, should be ok in next release.

UPDATE - 17/07/2014

I did some bug fixing today, among other things the most relevant is that AI now can properly engage enemies with cannons.

Read the changelog for complete list.

Known Problems:

Vehicles should be just fine for now.

If you find anything wrong please let me know, thanks.

V0.2 - 17/07/2014

-Wheels armor increased slightly

-AI can finally engage enemies normally

-Wheels damage animations now work correctly

-Wheels hit animations now on par with BIS vehicles

-Commander for the LAV-C2 now finally hears sounds normally

-Commander for the LAV-C2 now properly displayed as commander when switching seats

-Guns max and min aiming height reduced slightly

-Wheels moved closer to the ground

-Radar now working for both gunner and commander

Link DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/umv92ztp0rahdiv/%40Cha_Lav25.rar

This update has fixed most of the problems but unfortunately the wheels are still visibly floating :P

They're just slightly above the ground, it's not even noticeble unless you open splendid camera and go literally under the hull.

I am not going to mess with Physx again for now, if someone has a solution s/he is more than welcome to help out otherwise they're gonna stay like that for the time being. :(

They're just slightly above the ground, it's not even noticeble unless you open splendid camera and go literally under the hull.

I am not going to mess with Physx again for now, if someone has a solution s/he is more than welcome to help out otherwise they're gonna stay like that for the time being. :(

If you release the source files I would take a look on that problem.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!