Sign in to follow this  
Janez

Saving Equipment in Campaign

I have to say that handling equipment in campaign is a bit frustrating.

First off, loading gear in Quad Bike in Survive does not seem to save it.

Second, amount of magazines for MX, Chemlights, GL flares, etc. in magazine ammo crate seem to double after every mission, which is unnecessary and only fills up the crate.

While crate has unlimited space during mission briefing gear menu (Teams\Kerry\Inventory), it has limited space during real time rearming at i.e. Camp Maxwell.

Therefore, you cannot drop anything in it until you remove all the chemlights and flares.

Solution:

Use only one ammo crate and give it unlimited space and another crate to dispose of all the gear you do not want.

You can use filters in gear menu, no need for magazine, weapons, attachments and apparel crates.

Come to think of it, is there any code to make ammo crates and vehicle inventory have unlimited space in user created missions?

So it seems that chamlights, flares, etc. do not double anymore. I was stashing them in cars around the camp, thinking they will disappear after next mission but they just got dumped back into ammo crate. Therefore, I had to load them into quad/pickup truck and dump them on scouting mission.

Also, no gear in any vehicle is saved when you get back from scouting. Though vehicle itself is saved, which is good.

To be fair, BIS have improved this a lot since the Survive campaign first came out. However, there's still room for improvement.

To get rid of gear, the easiest way is to just drop it on the ground next to the ammo crates. The fact that gear stored in cars and other crates around the base is preserved means that you can in fact store as much as you want, but you have to wait until after next mission for it to be moved to the right box.

The biggest issue right now is, as you say, that vehicle contents are not stored. However, I think the default contents of a vehicle are moved to the boxes each time you go into camp. I spawned a helicopter which I used for transport during Adapt side missions, and my ammo boxes were filling up rapidly with parachutes.

Also, no gear in any vehicle is saved when you get back from scouting. Though vehicle itself is saved, which is good.

Same problem here. Even in the Adept campaign. The vehicles I use to get back to my camps are saved but all the stuff, I gathered and stashed in the vehicles during my patrol, is gone when I return to the camps. It's not saved in the crates and this way the side-missions are a complete waste of time.

These scouting missions are really useless without saving the stuff from the vehicles. Why I should go out, risking my character's life and time to return home with nothing?

Only equipment in players`s Uniform /vest/backpack is saved.

Please fix this asap!

Can you please provide me with more info about the issue? The gear from the vehicle should transfer correctly to the armory once you arrive to base from the side mission. The vehicle will be empty upon arrival, but the gear you store there should be in armory. This is a bit gamy, but we wanted to have the gear at one place only.

Best to test it in the 1st episode, where you go to side missions alone with quad.

Ok, I reverted to "Survive" and started a patrol from Camp Maxwell.

I got the "lucky Shot" Mission (the downed helo) and collected as much stuff from the fallen as possible into my quad/ATV. I also stored looted equipment into my backpack and vest.

Then I returned to Camp Maxwell with the quad/ATV.

I entered the camp, seeing myself sitting on the quad/ATV, then beeing ejected from that vehicle. First I went to the Armory to check if any equipment has been stored.

But, as expected, no item from the quad/ATV was saved to the weapon pool.

So I started the next main mission, maybe the gear will be available after starting a new mission.

But all the items from the quad/ATV remain disappeared. So my conclusion is: the saving of looted equipment from vehicles (quad/ATV or later in "Adapt" Offroad) does not work properly.

In no single case I could save my collected equipment.

I hope this is helpful to check this. If you need additional info, please let me know.

Thanx!

• Like 1

Agreed...this is why i use MCC and don't care much with the "cheating part"

I hope this is helpful to check this. If you need additional info, please let me know.

No extra info needed, thanks. I will look at it.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

It seems to be working correctly without any custom addons. I took quad, went from Camp Maxwell to patrol and looted some xtra stuff. Upon returning to Camp Maxwell, the looted gear was correctly moved to specific creates at the armory.

Check the screenshot from armory before leaving, showing the create with ammunition. Notice there are no APERS Bounding Mines:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86700052/Arma3/campaign_persistence/1-hub.jpg (194 kB)

Quad on patrol with looted stuff inside:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86700052/Arma3/campaign_persistence/2-skirmish.jpg (190 kB)

Armory after return from patrol; notice the 3 APERS Bounding Mines being added into the create:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86700052/Arma3/campaign_persistence/3-hub.jpg (189 kB)

hm, curious...

I do not use any addons. Just the pure Steam-delivered ArmA3 game.

Any idea what to check now?

After 1.24 gear from vehicles is saved again :bigsmile:. I was using no mods in 1.22 or 1.24.

So my next question is, whats the deal with head and face gear in 1.24? In Adept I see every time I get to base or go scouting I get random headgear. Is it randomly selected from apparel crate or does it just random? Like for civilians.

So my next question is, whats the deal with head and face gear in 1.24? In Adept I see every time I get to base or go scouting I get random headgear. Is it randomly selected from apparel crate or does it just random? Like for civilians.

It's a new feature for the FIA added with the last patch.

Well, that defeats the purpose of gathering and storing all the headgear in crates then.

I'm playing through the survive part right now. I completed wetwork and now to the radio silence mission. Only issue it says I need a vest to complete radio silence, but I'm wearing the re-breather and there are no vests in the amoury, so I will have to play the mission wearing a useless re-breather.

In Adapt, when you put black MX rifles into crate, they turn normal (sand camo) after next mission/scouting/returning to base.

In first Base, if you select most north-west location to start scouting there is a wrecked boat with ammo crate near it that contains black MX rifles and some CTRG uniforms and vests.

In Adapt, when you put black MX rifles into crate, they turn normal (sand camo) after next mission/scouting/returning to base.

In first Base, if you select most north-west location to start scouting there is a wrecked boat with ammo crate near it that contains black MX rifles and some CTRG uniforms and vests.

It's something to do with the HiddenSelections, there's a ticket about it on the feedback tracker.

When I patrol and find stuff like uniforms and vests, do I need to physically cart them back to the base or are they added automatically to the inventory? Because I can't seem to figure out how to carry more than 1 vest, etc.

When I patrol and find stuff like uniforms and vests, do I need to physically cart them back to the base or are they added automatically to the inventory? Because I can't seem to figure out how to carry more than 1 vest, etc.

Yes you need to bring them back, on your person, in a backpack or in a vehicle.

(Just remember, you can't load vests or uniforms into your backpack if they've got stuff in.)

I would recommend disabling randomization for Kerry (player) and his team as it makes gathering end equipping rare gear like Balaclavas useless. Randomization should also be disabled for characters with unique faces, like Stavrou and Miller since either their hair or chin or both is clipping trough bandanas, booniehats and such.

Another thing, I noticed uniforms and rest of your squadmates' gear gets saved after mission, which is great but its rather counter productive for apparel since you can only equip weapons and magazines in pre-mission briefing screen.

Otherwise, great work on Campaign so far, very nice improvements.

Thank you very much.

In adapt how do I save equipment in vehicles? For example during Exit Strategy where you help the officer defect, a MRAP with a bunch of soldiers approaches the meeting area so you have to go kill them. I did so and I was able to keep the vehicle intact, thus once I took some stuff from the dead soldiers I loaded some of their ammo and machine guns into the MRAP and then I used it to drive to blow up the helicopter and stuffed some of the pilot's stuff inside the vehicle too. Then I drove back it back to the meeting place and the mission ended with me and my squad still inside. However none of the stuff inside the armored car was in the ammo box when i checked later although there were new weapons that were unrelated to what I stole. 

In addition is it possible for me to save vehicles?

Mosshadow, from my experience only scouting missions allow you to keep weapons and items, though i could be wrong. The weapon you are carrying on your body and ammo seems to save from the main missions.

• Sad 1