Sign in to follow this  
alduric

Refactored recoi - is it joke?

Refactored recoil means no recoil every second shot? Just test it by yourself guys.

1. Take ArmA 3 weapon

2. Switch it to single shoot mode.

3. And do shoots one per one.

Did you notice somthing ? Ya no recoil every second shot. I hope its a bug.

As far as I know, recoil, weapon sway, fatigue etc. is currently WIP and will be finished for the Bootcamp update.

It's a bug and was pointed out after the previous dev branch updates. I just thought they fixed it in the stable update. Guess not then... :(

I'm sure there's a hotfix coming, they can't leave it like this for the next couple of months.

obvious bug which BIS let in , because some of devs must be blind when testing if they even testing at all

obvious bug which BIS let in , because some of devs must be blind when testing if they even testing at all

It's not that obvious since it doesn't affect all guns. Just a typo in the new config values of some weapons.

I think the WIP recoil changes must have been accidentally deployed with the stable update. They are obviously unfinished and weren't supposed to be implemented until the bootcamp update. Someone screwed up.

The game is broken with this WIP half-assed recoil ! please hotfix this BIS !

I don't know if its just my imagination but I thought this affected everything, I was shooting with some RH pistol and the default m14 and somthing felt off on both, maybe I was just imanging the problems with the RH pistol or maybe this is globally a recoil system change?

??? :confused: :confused:

If something just felt slightly off, then you are not affected by this bug. This one is VERY VERY obvious once it affects you.

Yeup, having this issue in stable. Looks exactly the same. Also want to take this opportunity to say your work is brilliant, RH.

Also having an issue with the fatigue system I can best describe as jittering. Spawn an AT soldier in the editor and run up a hill...when you start walking again, with your weapon up, it will vibrate like a B-17 returning from Dresden.

Just want to quickly edit to concur with the previous posters that unless you only want to drive karts around, this is pretty much a game breaking bug, to which a hotfix would be much appreciated.

Edited by ColonelHartigan

Agree.

Shooting is main activity and way of interact in the game and with it broken, you basically have a hike simulator but let's be honest, you can still drive vehicle around :)

so now its the same in stable? - i dont wanna redownload to stable just to check it :D

Yes, sadly it is. :(

Yeah, but the fatigue bug remains in the dev branch too. It's not as noticeable, but definitely irritating. Just get the player heavily fatigued and observe the movement of his weapon, both the first person model and the sights. I'm pretty confident it's a vanilla bug, in both stable and dev, as I moved all my mods to a folder named "WTF BIS" on my desktop after disabling all of them didn't eradicate the glitch, but can anyone else confirm? It's most noticeable with weapons that have EOtech sights, like the MXC of the heavily loaded AA NATO soldier.

Yes, ColonelHartigan, I can confirm it, and deactivating all mods does not help.

There are absurdly obvious visual and mechanical bugs with many weapons, for example the NATO .45 has a bug where fitting a suppressor breaks the animations so that the slide doesn't move while firing.

full auto changed as well. Weapon kicking up only after 5 or 6 shot, not rising with constantly. Hard to control.

They don't test.

I have found several known causes. Mods that effect weapon inertia/sway like VTS weapon resting or TMR.

Scripts, only one I know is Virtual Ammobox System

What amazes me the most is that a game-breaking bug like this doesn't attract more attention ... :/

Frank, the known cause is the game itself. Test it in the editor; put down a BIS standard rifleman, with no mods enabled, and enjoy the recoil and fatigue effects.

But on the subject of mods, BIS released an amazing update to the dev branch today...that disables sounds for every single mod I have installed. I wonder how they support things like "Make ArmA Not War," without providing basic testing support on their own product to make sure that submissions to that contest can have working audio. baZti, I think you're right.

Fortunately the recoil bug is fixed in today's stable, and there is no audio bug with mods either. But the fatigue bug persists; run half a klick with an AA soldier and watch his gun and sights movement in first person.

BIS, I really love you. My friends and I, we talk about how BIS is the only studio anymore that really does great work with tactical shooters, about how DICE, whoever makes the next COD, Ubisoft, have all lost their touch. I buy the DLC for your games, even the DLC and games I would never conceivably play, and I just ask, test your updates. Please. If your update modifies the files for the recoil system...just place a unit in the editor and shoot a few times. That's all it takes.

And has anyone got a bug tracker submission on this issue, the fatigue glitch?

Edited by ColonelHartigan

ColonelHartigan, that is not a bug. They have changed the way sound for weapons work to open up for some future improvements. The mod making community was informed ahead of this change and was even instructed how to update their mods to make them work with this change. I think Bohemia did their part, now it's up to the mod makers. I have already updated all the infantry weapons in the mod I'm working on. Don't expect modmakers to release updates before this makes it to the main branch though.