Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

Iraq (current news/events)

Milosevic never seriously tried to rule over the Slovenes and Croats. He agreed to give half of Bosnia to Tudjman.

Again not really true. He only agreed to that plan after his grand army received a massive beating by a rag tag Croatian militia on all fronts (wich really surprised everyone). The original plan was to conquer the whole of Croatia and then to proceed into Slovenia.

Also keep in mind that the war wasn´t only about keeping the state together, but also about keeping the Serbs in power. They occupied a disproportionally large number of positions in all republic administrations, the state administration, the police and the military.

Other cultural identities that were not Serbian were actively surpressed in public. (No teaching of Croatian in schools, no singing of Croatian national songs in public, the introduction of their writing to the republics that didn´t have it before, supression of the catholic church, unbalaced state spending that was much more in favour of Serbia than of any other Province, etc. All things that happened way before the war and that show that for the Serbian Leadership Yugoslavia was a way to dominate the other Countries and build that greater Serbia.)

The fear of loosing all that control is one thing that made them go to war.

( The Guardian ) Obama to send up to 300 'military advisers' to help Iraqi army repel Isis

Team will help Iraq counteroffensive against insurgent group Isis but Obama indicates US air power will be kept in reserve

Meanwhile in The Guardian Live Feed:

President Obama said the US would build up its military assets in the region. Yesterday we published an AP-compiled list of those assets, mentioning six warships in the Persian Gulf and about 5,000 U.S. soldiers across the border in Kuwait.

That list did not capture the number of troops as just described by an unnamed US official to the New York Times: More than 30,000 US troops in the Iraq region at sea and ashore, US official says.

From our friends in Vice:

( Vice News ) Here's Who Is Fighting in Iraq and Why

Funny how they look through the "people of Iraq" who started this revolution ! few months ago,certainly against Maliki but not in an ethnic perspective ... ISIS is just a troublemaker trying to force people in to a civil war.As stated in that video you posted earlier,sunna and chia have always lived in peace !

ISIS,Al Qaeda are just bunch of sadistic guys on drugs ready to shoot the first thing that moves ! and god knows who is financing them ...

ISIS,Al Qaeda are just bunch of sadistic guys on drugs ready to shoot the first thing that moves ! and god knows who is financing them ...

Saudi Arabia.

( BBC ) Shia militia show of force raises tensions

Thousands of Shia militia loyal to the powerful cleric Moqtada al-Sadr have paraded through the streets of Baghdad, raising sectarian tensions amid continued fighting in areas of Iraq.

The cleric, whose Mehdi Army fought the US in Iraq for years, had called for a military parade across the country.

( BBC ) Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki: Russian jets will turn tide

"I'll be frank and say that we were deluded when we signed the contract [with the US]," Mr Maliki said.

"We should have sought to buy other jet fighters like British, French and Russian to secure the air cover for our forces; if we had air cover we would have averted what had happened," he went on.

He said Iraq was acquiring second-hand jet fighters from Russia and Belarus "that should arrive in Iraq in two or three days".

3:20 - do i hear properly ? Iraqi forces run away and local population in Iraq support ISIL ?

3:20 - do i hear properly ? Iraqi forces run away and local population in Iraq support ISIL ?

If they are Sunni and are tired of the gov only for Shia of Maliki... Would make kind of sense.

Moreover it is early version of Frogfoot - without chaff/flare launchers mounted at the top of engines.

Iraq's (legal) government will possibly buy 30 mil. euros worth number of croatian assault rifles and handguns. To be more precisious: VHS rifles and HS pistols.

oru_je_677480S1.jpg

Can you give me a source for that, I´d like to read it myself?

Croatian stuff is very appreciated in the middle east because of its durability and reliability. The VHS is no exeption to that, an excellent gun.

I think the VHS 2 might be much more expensive since it is the newest. But the VHS 1 is also damn near perfect.

BTW here is a presentation of the VHS 2

Edited by Tonci87