beazley

UIcorrections Suite

It's fine - hard to tell in text. You're most welcome.

They're updated via a "mousemoving" ctrlEventHandler. So in theory, you could redefine that and return true to override the default behaviour.

Edit: looks like you also need to include the below, else the initial grid and contour level gets stuck on the map.

_map = _this select 0;
_text = (ctrlparent _map) displayctrl 1016;
_text ctrlsetfade 0;
_text ctrlenable false;
_text ctrlcommit 0;

Alternatively, you can update your code example above like this:

class RscDisplayMainMap {
   access = 1;
   class controls {
delete CA_MouseOver;
       class TopRight : RscControlsGroup {
           class controls {
               delete ButtonPlayer;
           };
       };
   };
};

Both the above methods would remove both grid and contour figures from the cross hair.

Tired now, so going to bed, but should be able to use the EH to include just the contour level.

Disclaimer: I'm still new to all this, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Cheers ACyprus, I completely missed that CA_MouseOver subclass.

Great mod Beazley, love the enlarged grid refs and compass and removed idle anims. I wonder if you might be able to enlarge the map compass, as that's still very small and unreadable? I suppose it's difficult to avoid it blocking the view of the map but maybe you could leave out the lid with the slit, as that's probably not that useful on the map. I guess ideally we'd have a button on the map to hide/unhide the compass but that's probably quite difficult.

@doveman

If you're talking about the tiny compass, you can double click on that to enlarge it by default.

Apologies if this is not what you meant.

I can enlarge it, yes. I looked into it before, and changing how large it is changes the size when zoomed in and zoomed out, which is unfortunate. Ideally you'd want it to be tiny when zoomed out, because you want to see the map, but big when zoomed in, so you can actually read the scale/bearings...but alas, we have not been blessed so. I decided it wasn't worth the compass taking up valuable map space in the end.

@doveman

If you're talking about the tiny compass, you can double click on that to enlarge it by default.

Apologies if this is not what you meant.

I didn't actually know that thanks, that might be good enough for me :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I can enlarge it, yes. I looked into it before, and changing how large it is changes the size when zoomed in and zoomed out, which is unfortunate. Ideally you'd want it to be tiny when zoomed out, because you want to see the map, but big when zoomed in, so you can actually read the scale/bearings...but alas, we have not been blessed so. I decided it wasn't worth the compass taking up valuable map space in the end.

Yeah, I agree you wouldn't want it taking up too much space when zoomed out as well. I guess I'll see if BIS will consider giving us a toggle button to hide the compass, so that we can just have it one, usable, size.

Latest BIS update has broken the UIammocount module - now ammo counts appear again in the top right corner. Will be fixed soon.

Latest BIS update has broken the UIammocount module - now ammo counts appear again in the top right corner. Will be fixed soon.

Hello Beazley,

in your config.cpp, just add "A3_UI_F_HELI" for the "requiredAddons" in the "class CfgPatches" and it will be fixed :

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F", "A3_UI_F_HELI"};

Hope that will help you.:)

Hello Beazley,

in your config.cpp, just add "A3_UI_F_HELI" for the "requiredAddons" in the "class CfgPatches" and it will be fixed :

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F", "A3_UI_F_HELI"};

Hope that will help you.:)

Blimey, thank you again!

I hadn't even looked into this yet, but now I can make the changes tomorrow, cheers.

Could you please have a look at disabling the togglable map textures? I would prefer to have only the white paper.

Looking forward to your addon that disables "move to player position"!

Great mod - some nice tweaks here. I'd like to give a +1 to have the compass enlarged on the map screen as well. I, like many, am plagued by a tiny un-scalable compass on the map screen making land navigation via map and compass impossible. Think this is a bug with some UI sizes or something but nothing seems to fix it for me.

Edited by EddiePrice

Yep - like I said it's completely un-scalable and stays the same size when I double click it. I think there's a bug report for it on the BI tracker but it's been pretty much ignored.

Would be great if they could fix it - if not a mod such as this one is clearly the best solution.

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm able to double click and switch between the small unreadable out of the way size vs the larger similar to pressing K in game size. Didn't realise it was bugged for some.

Any chance you could have a look at the removal of the squad leader icons when in certain vehicles.

This happens in the little bird even when on Elite and in some other vehicles.

I think there are 3 layers to the Icon :-

1. The move chevron.

2. The SL icon.

3. The distance to numbers.

We play with a mission script which removes the Shift-Click waypoint marker and with no map markers or player hexagons, so this SL icon is bloody annoying.

I found this in my folders I think this removed the Chevron and the SL icons but left the distance numbers, it might help you in someway ?

class CfgInGameUI {
class Cursor {
	select = "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,0)";
	leader = "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,0)";
};
};

Could you please have a look at disabling the togglable map textures? I would prefer to have only the white paper.

Looking forward to your addon that disables "move to player position"!

Yeah, I can do this easily. It probably won't go in the main UIcorrections pack, but I'll include an additional download link for it.

Crap, I thought that was already in the latest UIcorrections! I've had that done for absolutely ages. Here's a link until I update: http://puu.sh/dfvyR/0c434403eb.pbo

Great mod - some nice tweaks here. I'd like to give a +1 to have the compass enlarged on the map screen as well. I, like many, am plagued by a tiny un-scalable compass on the map screen making land navigation via map and compass impossible. Think this is a bug with some UI sizes or something but nothing seems to fix it for me.

Sure. Again, it won't go into the main UIcorrections pack, but I'll put an additional download link up for it.

Any chance you could have a look at the removal of the squad leader icons when in certain vehicles.

This happens in the little bird even when on Elite and in some other vehicles.

I think there are 3 layers to the Icon :-

1. The move chevron.

2. The SL icon.

3. The distance to numbers.

We play with a mission script which removes the Shift-Click waypoint marker and with no map markers or player hexagons, so this SL icon is bloody annoying.

I found this in my folders I think this removed the Chevron and the SL icons but left the distance numbers, it might help you in someway ?

class CfgInGameUI {
class Cursor {
	select = "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,0)";
	leader = "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,0)";
};
};

You're correct, it is done in those three parts. I'll have a look into it at some point.

Sorry, I haven't devoted much time to UIcorrections recently.

The next update will include a fixed version of UIammocount, again thanks to J3aLeiNe, and hopefully a UIadverts module which will remove the terrible ads that display when loading into a mission.

Sure. Again, it won't go into the main UIcorrections pack, but I'll put an additional download link up for it.

Wow thanks I'll look forward to that.

- snip, moved this request to AGM -

Edited by Dorak

After installing this mod I've noticed in the Virtual Arsenal that 'Night Vision (Black)' and 'Night Vision (Green)' (the OPFOR and Indep. NVGs) are now both located under the Binocular tab rather than the NVG tab. Disabling this mod seems to fix this issue, so I'd assume its the full screen NVG pbo (I haven't tried removing each PBO one by one, I just removed the mod from my load list). Is this a bug or one of BI's "Its not a bug, its a feature!" things?

Just remove the pbo that Adds the full screen night vision goggles which would be bzly_UIfullnvgs.pbo

but why use that when you can be more realistic and use this for your nvg.

I realise thats how to fix the issue, just thought the author might want to know of the bug and potentially fix it. Speaking of, the following code may work, though I am yet to test it:

#define VSoft	0

class CfgPatches 
{
class bzly_uifullnvgs 
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
};
};

class CfgAddons 
{
class PreloadAddons 
{
	class bzly_uifullnvgs 
	{
         		list[] = {"bzly_uifullnvgs"};
	};
};
};

class Binocular;
class cfgWeapons 
{
class NVGoggles: Binocular 
{
	modelOptics = "\A3\Weapons_F\Reticle\optics_empty.p3d";
};
// REMOVED OTHER CLASSES AS THEY BOTH INHERIT THE OPTIC INFORMATION FROM NVGOGGLES ANYWAY
};

i'm not sure, but it might be the same issue. this mods also seems to break the binoculars, not the rangefinder and/or the laserdesignator, just the binoculars. i cannot put them in the loadout of units and vanilla editor placed units that should have binoculars also don't have any.

@Jackal - Good point; though I'm certain that is how I had it initially and ArmA did not update the subclasses with the new information in the parent class. I'll try it again. I'll have a look at the VA bug as well.

@B.A.V - Can you test with vanilla ArmA and this to make sure? I played with this mod tonight, with a hundred other people and our binoculars were fine. It would be incredibly strange if this did anything to binoculars, as I'm not changing their class in any way, shape or form.

@Jackal - Good point; though I'm certain that is how I had it initially and ArmA did not update the subclasses with the new information in the parent class. I'll try it again. I'll have a look at the VA bug as well.

The only reason I think that code should work (haven't checked it out yet) is I was tinkering and trying to make functioning Thermal Goggles and inherited from the 'NVGoggles' class, and they had your full-screen NVG 'optic'.

EDIT: I've just looked over BI's code for the NVGoggles and the code I posted above wont work, as each NVGoggles define (i.e. the default class and the OPFOR/INDEP versions) each have the modeloptic defined in them (a bit of redundant code tbh considering they could just inherit that line from the NVGoggles class).

Maybe try inheriting each sub-class from the 'NVGoggles' class instead of from 'Binoculars' would fix the VA error.

I.E.

class CfgPatches 
{
class bzly_uifullnvgs 
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"};
};
};

class CfgAddons 
{
class PreloadAddons 
{
	class bzly_uifullnvgs 
	{
		list[] = {"bzly_uifullnvgs"};
	};
};
};

class Binocular;
class cfgWeapons 
{

class NVGoggles : Binocular 
{
};

class NVGoggles_OPFOR : NVGoggles
{
};

class NVGoggles_INDEP : NVGoggles
{
};
};

Edited by Jackal326

Hey Beazley,

this is an awesome mod - would it be possible to implement support for RHS NVGs?