Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

Up Armored HMMWV Modification - Release

Yes you are correct sir. My current revision has fixed this, I am just doing some tweaks before I release the patch. Tholozor, thank you, I shall drop that in for Zeus compatibility.

@RichardsD: Meanwhile the patch isn´t out, I gave the HMMWVs a spin - spawning them through MCC in the Hellas faction, as reported - and I must say it´s a helluva good work, loved the new interior (besides all the extra armor) and I was wondering if, in a future development, that map monitor at the passager seat could be a PIP of the actual map (working like Taosenai´s Folding map addon) instead of a texture ;)

cheers!

Hahaha, I wish! As far as I can tell there is no way to do it with PiP in a vehicle, but that would be really cool.

John_Spartan & Saul are working to make something similar on the Su-35 MFDs (thou it seems to be a full map with an icon GPS positioning the plane in it...) maybe you can consult them when it is released... or maybe BIS introduces this with the upcoming DLCs (just daydreaming lol)

Let´s see what the future brings ;)

Alright, time for a patch. This fixes a critical issue in which the base class was conflicting with the HAFM_HMMWV pack. I also added the EoTech 553 sight for the M134 which can be used to properly sight the gun. This will work as I do more fine tweaks and allow full functionality.

Mega Link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4RYm0K5Q!TJcYhELXJxpIS1Z0uG01gMeUV5bYzy5XjDbJW-YJicM

Richards

As for The Avenger or M998, this mod really only focuses on the M1151/M1152 series of HMMWV's, but I may do a more broad mod in the future of the older variants.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there other Anti-Aircraft hmmwv systems that are used on your versions?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110331154559/tractors/images/8/85/SAM-HMMWV.jpg (1868 kB)

Of course I know little to nothing about the different models of hmmwv to know what the classification of a "version" includes.

Thank you very much for the headsup about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Are there any plans of adding more versions such as the later model HMMWV's?

the distant models are not showing up very well, It's almost about 20 feet and then certain parts like the bumpers and others disappear which Is a little akward,

I took some screenshots for comparison, second one is just zoomed with right click. This was the 0.7 update. It was mainly the wheels that stood out although the whole model popped a bit.

unzoomed: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318338102591477986/761A866B90BCB92D143FFC2177DD2051F25BBDA3/

zoomed: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318338102591479293/8B4B9606EF025F7EF8D80BBB0127AD5979A4931D/

Also at slow speed (and fast) the woodland unarmed would not go over this low stone wall, no matter how hard I tried. Eventually it got completely wedged. Tested it on another low wall and the same thing happened.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3318338102591488188/2B80595BC716CFC380BCEFBE56669D9B1DA52B49/

Not sure if either of these are helpful :)

Otherwise I'm totally in love, hoping these will replace the other HMMWVs we're using in our modpack currently. The minigun variant is brilliant!

Ahh, I think I'll need to tweak the collision LODs for that issue. Also, I'll do some refining on the pickup cab to make it better at distance.

Hey richard, is it possible to add the armour for the minigun gunner like the other 50 cals uparmoured? I thought it was a little odd how the rest had but not the minigun one.

Like this one:

0SM2iY8l.jpg

Felt it was rather exposed.

Edited by ray243

and maybe clear the back seat on the gmv and add two more passenger ;)

Nice work RichardsD! Any info on the Military Police versions?

Edit: I would also like to ask about Air Force Security Forces Versions, since fullerpj´s Air Force Addon has great SF units.

Edited by Tybo25

btw renaming the HMMWV_Base class in 0.7 version also fixed issues with non rotating wheels, caused of ACRE.

Tybo:

Hello, I actually did some research and MP variants are really no different than those used by other MOS's in the force.

As for the M134 Variant, I certainly could do a shielded variant.

As for floating, that is a feature!! Not a bug I swear.....

Well I mean.. I can fix that if yuo want hahaha

Cheers