Sign in to follow this  
Stirls

PiP Scopes Mod

This is really cool. I think BIS should've implemented this feature in A3 to begin with, its much more realistic than just zooming in your view. But its a shame that the pip feature of Arma 3 is so poorly optimized.

• Like 1

This is very hacky way to do it - in proper way the RTT would eat alot FPS in arma 3 ,but i believe with some limits and tweaks it could work tho

The file is there, but I can't seem to get it to work. Very barebones. If only someone could work it into something more usable.. (hint hint)

The file is there, but I can't seem to get it to work. Very barebones. If only someone could work it into something more usable.. (hint hint)

I renamed the two missions adding .Stratis or .Altis and put them into MyDocuments/Missions folder and the addons into a custom addon folder with the modline parameter. The pip isn´t of course antialiasend and very low res but the framedrop not as high as I thought.

Can't seem to figure out how the effect is achieved. I don't see r2t being specified in script or in config. How is this done?

Can't seem to figure out how the effect is achieved. I don't see r2t being specified in script or in config. How is this done?

you see that he basically created models for the end of the lens's and then he changes these models to make them render by making it a camera being attached to the player which shows the effect that you see. The only issue I can see is that this would not be so multiplayer friendly as you are required to use only 1 scope per person otherwise it won't work.