Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

This is just an infantry demo for now, but this is where all releases relating to my Tiberium verse-related addons will go. This is my first addon ever and it's not impressive at all, really. Just two basic units with a simple retexturing job that's not even that great. I haven't set up groups for it yet (sorry, will in next release though). I only used Sanctuary's modding resources for the models. These two units are equipped with standard issue M16A2 assault rifles and M67 frag grenades from base Operation Flashpoint/Cold War Assault. It will work in both with no issues. No requirements other than your base game (as with how I set up the configs). If there are any issues, let me know.

Big note: You'll have to plop them in one at a time since groups are not set up yet for the editor.

You can find them under West and East under "GDI Infantry" and "Nod Infantry" respectfully. A readme is included in this very pathetically small release. At least it's something right? I have a full loadout list I'm going to be following as I make more diverse infantrymen of both the Global Defense Initiative (GDI, also officially known in 1995 as UNGDI, or United Nations Global Defense Initiative) as well as the Brotherhood of Nod. I will make some officers and rocketmen soon. I might make the GDI grenadier function more like the CNC Renegade version than the CNC95 unit because a lot can go wrong when only equipping them with hand grenades. I might make a fun 'classic' version of the GDI grenadier sometime down the line, though.

I hope you enjoy this small release and I am glad to have people that helped me with some configs and texture advice. Seeing as though I lost my actual modding files, I'm going to be starting from scratch, which will be good in the long run I think. I just need to get more familiar with Oxygen and configs. Modding seems a bit overwhelming, especially when you're coming back to it. If there's anyone willing to team up with me, that'd be great. I'm going to attempt to have small releases here and there to keep people with the feel. I'll also make some small trailers with them.

Without further ado (outdated. Fixed link at bottom): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23036637/CNCTibDawnInfantryDemo.zip

Feedback greatly appreciately. I want to bring as much nostalgic 1995 feels back to everyone as possible. This is my dream mod. Fans of classic CNC rejoice!

I've been incredibly busy with work, so I deeply apologize if releases come slow. Maybe people can help out here and there by suggesting what they want to see in-game next during the infantry phase? It will be glorious seeing Nod and GDI going at it in first/third person. I know there have been people here anxious to see some CNC related addons, so enjoy.

Next on list: Better texturing jobs.

Make groups for editor.

More varieties of infantrymen to make both sides unique against each other in combat.

Next release will likely be a sort of demo as well, but hopefully it'll have 'full' squads. Trying to concentrate on one aspect at a time as to not be overwhelmed. Enjoy!

(to any moderators/admins: I hope I did this right. I made sure to double-check about permissions with WW4 resources, but I credited him anyways. I hope my release thread and readme have the correct format. Just want to ensure I'm not breaking forum rules)

If you want to help, please contact me via PM. Thanks!

A reminder of what they look like:

http://i.imgur.com/S0aLA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MHlvM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CCMIm.jpg

Mammoth tank is not mine, I just thought it appropriate to have it in the background. Goes really well with these guys.

Edit 1: Fix courtesy of krzychuzokecia, will use.

Fixed version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23036637/CNC_TibDawn_Inf.zip

NEW! Beta 0.1 Release (2.13.2015) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23036637/CNCBRBeta0.1.zip

Edited by Revan9190

90's SciFi themed addons for OFP - can't get any cooler than that for me. I'm pretty busy right now myself, so I don't know when I'll have time to try it out, but I'm looking forward to it!

Wow, nice!

I'm complete noob when it comes to CnC universe (only played Generals and Red Alert - liked them both, but liked OFP more :)), but I must say that I'm impressed with Your attitude: remaking classic, but somehow forgotten, title as a mod to another classic but forgotten game. That's what real fans do! :)

Congrats!

Thanks for helping me out with this, sir. Will test it out.

Edit: Fixed version in first post.

Config fixed. Goggles transparency restored. Unnecessary files removed.

Edited by Revan9190

Hi. Great news. :) Do You have plans in the future to create missions or campaigns?

Just tried it out and they're looking good so far!

Just tried it out and they're looking good so far!

Thanks! It was a pain at first to get everything in-game. It's a lot to take in. :) Glad you're liking them!

Hi. Great news. :) Do You have plans in the future to create missions or campaigns?

Thanks for the comment! I was never good at making missions or campaigns, but I was hoping in the future for some, yes. I was thinking of trying to recreate to an extent every mission from both the GDI and Nod perspectives from the game, as well as the Covert Operations and eventually some stuff inspired by Renegade. For now I just want to get the playable content out. I may do some simple 'Seek and Destroy' demo missions that are similar to how the early CNC95 missions go. For GDI I'd need a hovercraft for the initial beach landings with the infantry, HMMWV's, and Mobile Construction Vehicle (obviously not all features from CNC95 can be implemented, because MCV's have unpack and repack animations, so the MCV's and Construction Yards will have to be just for show for the most part. And the pilot-able MCV's would be nothing more than a truck. I might even make some convoy protection missions involving those.

But right now, concentrating on the infantry. I may do a quick HMMWV and M113 reskin later (if I can get a good Buggy model for Nod, that'd be awesome!) so that the grunts can get around, but I want to get basic fireteams available before that.

My ideal CNC95 GDI and Nod Fireteam would really only consist of 4 minigunners and 1 officer. Why only a 5-man group? When the infantry were trained at the Barracks and Hand of Nod structures respectfully, they would, one at a time, form a small 5 man formation in front of the structure. I may make 5-man AND 12-man squads.

GDI - Nod Fireteam: 4 Minigunners (aka Riflemen) + 1 Officer (fireteams, if I recall are usually between 3-6 man groups, so 5 is a good medium anyways, I think)

GDI - Nod 12-man Squad: 7 Minigunners + 1 Officer + 1 AT + 1 AA + 1 Machinegunner + 1 Grenadier

As I make progress, I'll update the WIP thread.

Cool mod, have you made any other progress? I would help though I've been out of the flashpoint business I wouldn't even know where to start, though I remember there was a buggy addon with a machine gun released ages ago.

Unfortunately life/work has been getting in the way, so no real progress has been done (I apologize). I'm thinking that as I make progress (when I can get to it. Work schedule has been sucking so much lately) I'll just keep releasing like little updates, demos, and such so that people can test them out and say, "There's something wrong with feature X that conflicts with feature Y." etc etc. Do not worry, as there's still massive interest in this. I just kinda wish I had a bigger team of sorts. I'm not really all that good at making addons, which is why this is going to be a good learning project for me as people could give me hints/tips to make the project just a bit more convenient/easier to work on so that it won't be too frustrating. Honestly I'm much better on the reskinning/texturing front than I am actually compiling .pbo's and making/modifying configs, but this project will be a huge trial and error experience, though I feel the end result is going to be completely worth all the frustration. Obviously as I learn things, I can go back and touch up on other things that I've made/help make before and further add to the polishing and overall quality.

It's only a game.Even if you take it semi seriously,there's no need to

apologise.People need to eat,pay bills and get out once in a while.

Good luck with the project. :)

Thanks Maczer. :) Oh boy the plans in my head for this are so large! Glad I'm starting small for now. The amount of effort for this project is going to be mind blowing. :D

Ah, damn real world life, it's getting in my way too. But don't worry, sometimes you might feel like giving it up, but you end up just taking a few months off the project. And learning by doing is the way it worked for me, I just started reworking a few of my older things in my current monster project, and it's even starting to look good. Good luck!

Nice addon. I've already used it in a 'futuristic' kind of replacement. :p

Here are some screen grabs:

futur1.jpg

futur2.jpg

futur3.jpg

futur4.jpg

It's just experimental at this point but I can release it publicly if you give me the permission to use your addon. I suggest making some variations of this same camo using WW4's officer caps, balaclavas, specnaz head cover and so on to give more variation. Of course only if it's in accordance with your will/wish/time.

Hey sure, I don't mind at all! :) My vision is that it'll be some kind of community effort. As long as we're keeping this game alive by any means, that's all that matters.

Interesting looking mod, will you be making an Orca?

Eventually if I get a modeler. It will definitely be a part of the aircraft package/phase. I was hoping the style for the Orca will be similar to the Renegade model, but a little more detailed. I'll just be happy if I can get the infantry phase done at least. I've been discussing my plans with a select few and I think you guys will hopefully like what we've been coming up with (at least on the idea front, it'll take quite awhile for the content to catch up with the dream here). In the end, we hope to have so much content from all the universes that mission makers and OFP players here can experiment with their own dream of their own CNC timelines (or continue in one of the existing ones) and such. :)

They look great, so far. Just like the real thing. I was always a fan of the old Command and Conquer. The more people helping out on this, the better.

Some progress from me:

Mars-like atmosphere

futur1.jpg

Radioactive water

futur2.jpg

Bad weather

futur3.jpg

I hope to complete this and release here however it won't be strictly C&C but more a 'futuristic' pack which you'll hopefully like and maybe use parts of it for your own mod.

I'll probably use that first environment for the early stages of Tiberian Dawn era. That last one is perfect for when it gets into Tiberian Sun. :D Glad people are interested in this!

Well we have Martians now... ;)

martian.jpg

Not sure if that would fit in the C&C context but I experimented a bit. The idea was to make some new islands too but I might cut back a little on the content because it could take too long otherwise (begginer at editing islands).

The moon, now a reality in OFP:

moon_in_ofp.jpg

I'm tying to simulate the physics via a setAccTime script and a jump script and I must say it's really fun to mess around. ;)

However, this probably won't be part of the replacement pack I'm also making since it has to be launched as a seperate mod to work correctly but released sometimes after and I also want my own terrain rather than "borrowed" one.

That will actually come in handy whenever I do miscellaneous stuff relating to Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. xD One small step for bear, one giant leap for Mother Russia!

Sorry for the long delay in updates, everyone, however I am here to say that once that Nod's Chinook is fixed and the readme is finalized with credits/installation instructions, another demo will be released. Lemme give the breakdown of what will be included:

200?cb=20091203120817

Global Defense Initiative (West)

GDI Infantry (Found Under [C&C BR] GDI Infantry):

Rifleman/Minigunner

Officer

Rocket Gunner

Machine Gunner

Medic

Pilot

Crewman

Sharpshooter

GDI Vehicles (found under [C&C BR]GDI Vehicles):

Harvester

Medium Tank

X-66 Mammoth Tank (with Silverhawk's full permission. Retextured it a bit, but might re-do it and bring back the big GDI logo as a smaller one mirrors on the UV)

GDI Aircraft (found under [C&C BR]GDI Aircraft):

ORCA Assault Craft

Chinook

GDI Buildings (found under [C&C BR]GDI Buildings):

Helipad

200?cb=20060502085427

Brotherhood of Nod (East)

Nod Infantry (found under [C&C BR]Nod Infantry):

Follower Minigunner (Followers are part of the "Followers of Kane" fanatic group, devoted fully to Kane and the Brotherhood. They're a guerrilla type of force.)

Follower Machinegunner

Follower Commander

Follower Rocketgunner

Regular Minigunner (Brotherhood regulars are best identified by their urban camo fatigues and armour. They have standard issue armaments. They are regular army.)

Regular Machinegunner

Regular Officer

Regular Sharpshooter

Regular Rocketgunner

Regular Medic

Regular Crew

Regular Pilot

Nod Vehicles (found under [C&C BR]Nod Vehicles):

Harvester

Technical (Toyota)

Technical w/ M2HB

Light Buggy (heavily modified DPV)

Light Tank (M2 Bradley, no troop space. It still does need a little bit of tweaking and I need to replace its main cannon with a 75mm)

Nod Aircraft (found under [C&C BR]Nod Aircraft):

Apache

Chinook (being fixed soon)

Nod Buildings (found under [C&C BR]Nod Buildings):

Helipad

Hand of Nod

latest?cb=20090208005434

Libyan National Army (Independent)

Libyan Infantry (found under [C&C BR]Libyan Infantry):

Minigunner

Officer

Machinegunner

Rocketgunner

Medic

Crew

Libyan Vehicles (found under [C&C BR]Libyan Vehicles):

Technical

Technical w/ DShK

In groups, there are only two infantry groups per faction available. One patrol with 5 minigunners and one patrol with 4 minigunners and an officer. Hopefully we'll get more groups soon, such as armoured groups, but for now this is what we've got. There's still a long way to go.

For GDI we need: HMMWV, Medium Tank (M1A1), M113, A-10, Transport Truck, support trucks, UH-60 (GDI Commando Ops), which are really easily available, Commando.

For Nod we need: M113 (I might give them an Italian Type 6614, though Or a Ratel-20), Flamethrower Infantry, Chemical Warrior, Engineer, Commando.

For Libya we need: T-55, T-72, BRDM-2, Mi-24

Special vehicles will be listed later. Thanks everyone for the continued support!

Special vehicles GDI: M270 MLRS, M1097 Avenger, Missile Gunboat, MCV (just as a drive-able car/truck, really), YF-23 Black Widow, F/A-18, LCAC

Special vehicles Nod: M110 Howitzer, SSM Launcher (on M270 chassis), Pyradon Flame Tank, Ezekiel's Wheel Stealth Tank, MCV, unarmed transport sub (as seen in Renegade), RAH-66 Comanche (Sakura's attack helicopter in Renegade), Kamaz Transport Truck and Support trucks (fuel, repair, etc), freighter (armed), Rocket Bike (Recon Bike. Can target both air and ground targets. It's to balance out against GDI's Avenger), F-22 Raptor, C-130 (with vehicle transport capabilities).

Special vehicles Libya: Scud (modified for a shorter range, smaller payload, not sure yet as to if there will be a physical change to model), BTR-60 (thinking of giving them a BTR-60, to be different from the M113. Libya does have some M113's if I remember correctly, though. Though I'm not sure if I should give Nod something else. I might give Nod a LAV or a Ratel-20 instead, for more mobility for their hit and run tactics. Thoughts? Or a TAB-77. That's a thought!), 2S3 Akatsiya (SO-152) (To counter Nod's M110), SA-9 (their anti-air capability), Mi-14, L-39, MiG-23.

Any thoughts as to this special vehicle list or where I can get permission from for vehicles in this list already available?

After all this, buildings! Most of these would be just for looks for devoted mission makers, however hopefully they can be enterable - if not that's fine. Great screenshots and films could be made sometime later. Anything is possible!

GDI - Power Plant, Advanced Power Plant (two silos), Tiberium Refinery, Sandbags (curved semi-circles and other forms), Chain link Fences, Communications Center, Advanced Communications Center (enables Ion Cannon strikes/airstrikes, but may have a special GDI commando carry an 'Ion Cannon Strike beacon' as a throwable grenade with a long-ish delay), Guard Tower (a twin .50 cal manned by one guy), Advanced Guard Tower (looks like an air control tower, but has chaingun defenses (infantry, soft-vehicles) and missile defense (anti-air/ground)), Tiberium Silo (empty, half, full), Barracks (I can just as easily recreate this by placing two of 'barackens' addons together in-game, add a GDI flag sticking out of the side of one, and put sandbags in front, but an actual model would be more convenient. Make it look gritty too. Maybe even a camo canopy over the sandbags?), Weapons Factory, Repair Facility/Bay, Aircraft Carrier (for GDI Mediterranean operations and launching LCACs), concrete walls, Construction Yard.

Nod - Power Plant, Advanced Power Plant, Tiberium Refinery, Sandbags, Concrete Walls, Chain link Fences, Construction Yard, Airfield, Communications Center, Repair Facility, Temple of Nod (with nuclear launch script), Tiberium Silo, Turret (75mm cannon 'tank turret' on a concrete base, SAM site (self-explanatory), Obelisk of Light

Not sure about Libyan buildings yet. Probably going to have different 'independent' factions, as GDI and Nod both infringed on territory on all continents during the campaigns.

I do need to make flags for all of them. 1 GDI flag, 2 Nod flags (CNC95 ver and then the Renegade one), 1 Libyan flag. For the Followers of Kane on Nod, there will be another special flag, probably based on the Scorpion sickle with star shown in my signature, for anything involving Nod before the war actually starts.

Other: Tiberium crystals, Tiberium spore-plants, crates of Tiberium, explosive barrels, 'Prison', scientists, Visceroids, armed civilian faction.

Maps/Islands: Based on CNC95 campaigns/MP and Renegade tutorial/campaign/multiplayer, otherwise the default islands would make for a great fictional operation. A Tiberium filled Nogova and Everon would be awesome! Would be fantastic for a MP coop session or a 'CNC mode', like that of Renegade's MP CNC mode where power and money assist your team, but in a much larger scale combat scenario with NPC's. You 'buy' classes/weapons/vehicles and they appear next to their respective buildings. An AI harvester collects Tiberium and returns it to the refinery.

Edited by Revan9190

Can't wait to try CTI with these units... :p

I tried making some custom islands but it's a bit too much work for me. Only the easy kind that replace some buildings, trees and such are suited for me.

Will this be a total replacement mod or more an addon btw?

It's going to be a full separate addon pack, so that you can play with other addons. I'm currently using it with WW4 and WW4 EXT, as an example, but I'm looking at it so that you can play it all by itself.

It has its own mod folder: CNCBR, with further "expansions going" into Tiberian Sun, Tiberium Wars, and a little bit of 4 as an option (even though I dislike 4, some of the units were really cool), GDI - West, Forgotten - Independent, Nod - East, and several sub-factions (CABAL, Marked of Kane, Black Hand, Legion, etc).

For the Red Tide 'prequel' expansion: CNCBR_RT - Allies (West), Soviets (East, Independent [defectors, or something]), with further expansions for this going into RA2/Yuri's Revenge and 3/Uprising - Allies - West, Soviets - East, Yuri - Independent, Empire of the Rising Sun - Independent/East, and several subfactions.

Hopefully we'll get to Generals as well, which will be: CNCBR_Gen (Generals/Zero Hour). In this case: USA (West), China (Independent), GLA (East)

It's a REALLY big project and the current amount of content already made is just the tip of the iceberg. Obviously I can't do this completely alone, which is why my original plan was for it being a community effort. It's completely up to anyone to help or not help, but I assure everyone that as content is made, the package is updated, and hopefully released within a reasonable amount of time - granted that life doesn't get in the way too much.