Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

Hey HG. Thanks for the compliments. The turn-over was pretty fast. The main aim was to get Revan some assets to work with. Functional and acceptable were the keywords. So that's reflected in the overall look. The content certainly isn't for the folks who like to scan every detail with a magnifying glass and move on.

Not that there's anything wrong with that..... :D

Mission accomplished there! They remind me of the original C&C :D

Honestly, if it weren't for Macser, we wouldn't have so many things in the mod for people to play with. I think to save people trouble, I'm going to make another "full release" by archiving everything I have (and updating the readme, of course). I think I can successfully call it "Public Beta 0.8" since it has most of the stuff from the original C&C available. Also, thankfully Sapper found me some open source models for TibSun era, so hopefully those will go in soon. :)

• Like 2

That is strange. o_O I'll look at it.

At the time of upload - I forgot, somehow, to upload and post the Nod version of the harvester and that in-fact, I did do both separately.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3178rxns0no9mro/nod_harvester.pbo?dl=0

See if them together will help. Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on, because they both work for me.

I don't think I've ever seen that particular error before. Can't think what it might be. I know the configs or scripts don't have anything specific to version 1.99. So it's not likely to be that. 

I don't think I've ever seen that particular error before. Can't think what it might be. I know the configs or scripts don't have anything specific to version 1.99. So it's not likely to be that. 

Same thing I was thinking. I've never seen that error before either. I didn't change anything that would cause that to happen, either. Obviously, I'm sure it'd work for you, Macser. I'll have to look this error up at some point today. A bit under the weather.

Hey Sapper.

That first image looks like the original harvester. Not the one I worked on.

As for the PBO. That looks like it's completely destroyed.

I can't compare with what I have personally, as I only worked on the assets. The config I used would be for testing in game. Revan's would probably have been created to suit his own needs. I'm sure he'll address it when he logs in next. :)

The Nod one is completely similar to the GDI one.

Nod_Harvester.pbo and GDI_Harvester.pbo are separate. I think I know the problem here. I need to get rid of the harvester entries from krzy's revn_td_vh, because they're still listed. So Tiberium Harvester is the thing you want to use, not just 'harvester'. I'll have to update his .pbo to not include the old version of the harvesters.

I figured I'd post a very rough shot at progress of Nod's Stealth Tank. I'm trying. I'm not near as talented as some here, such as Macser, but it's a start until hopefully something better comes along. I'm attempting a sort of hybrid between some references I'm using.

9NfrF3N.png

yj84S5C.png

• Like 3

Okay, I think I've fixed a few things with revn_td_vh.pbo. I deleted the Harvester stuff from aforementioned file as well as the AH-64 (otherwise Macser's AH-64 would show twice and it screwed up the helipad animations, and the new harvesters by Macser should have served as a replacement here, so no duplicate units). I got Libya's Scorpion Tank (T-55) to work by essentially not changing anything from the original desert_t55.p3d (thank you, Apocalypse83!), but making a new config and replacing the crew with Libyan crewmen. Right now it fires Sabot rounds and the reload doesn't seem fast enough, so I'll tweak the config just a little bit more. I have to continue testing a little bit to make sure that the helipad animations for both GDI and Nod aircraft work properly. So far the Nod one works again, so the GDI one should work as well.

My aim now:

Give Libya some more vehicles (BMP, Ural, T-72, UAZ w/ MG).

Give all three factions an Engineer unit, basing it off of the Renegade-style engineer art. At first might just serve as a saboteur type unit, placing satchels and mines.

GDI getting a grenadier unit.

Both GDI and Nod getting Special Forces units. GDI and Nod Commandos. Maybe giving them MP5's or Shotguns, along with C4. Unsure as to what model to utilize/reskin. 

Giving all three factions: transport, fuel, ammo, and repair trucks (GDI and Nod 5T, Libya Ural). Possibly driven by the new engineer units when implemented.

Hopefully finishing a Stealth Tank model started by Macser. (on the back burner at the moment as I learn Blender).

Any other suggestions/unit help would be appreciated. Remember the era right now that I'm concentrating on is Tiberian Dawn: 1995-2001. Anything TibSun related would be in reserve until such time is appropriate for them to be worked on, or maybe small alpha or beta releases with prototype TibSun units would work as very late game TibDawn units.

Also aiming for: Permissions to reskin F-22 (Nod), permissions to reskin C-130 (Nod), permissions to reskin Harrier (Nod), permissions to utilize Sea Shadow and reskin (Nod naval unit), permission to reskin F/A-18 (GDI), request YF-23 Black Widow model (GDI), request to reskin LCAC model (GDI), wish to utilize a Nimitz carrier (GDI), need help retexturing A-10 to look like this: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9011/GDI_A-10.pngor as shown in Renegade: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/6/6d/CNCR_A10_Thunderbolt_Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20120813192231

Need assistance with: Flame Tank, GDI Gunboat (might elongate existing PBR and replacing fore machinegun with missiles (Tomahawk launcher) that lock-on with "Maverick Launcher" as the base class for the weapon), SAM Site (Nod), Turret (maybe shorten the gun on the M1A1 turret as well as squishing the turret part down a bit, then putting it on a concrete base with a ladder and coloring the turret red and the cannon steel/black).

Future units planned for RA1 based expansion "Red Tide": Soviets with gear resembling that of WWII (armed with AK-47's, etc), Allies with gear resembling that of WWII US soldiers (with original M16, etc. Also depending on nation, different gear resembling that nation's equipment: UK, Germany, France, South Korea, etc), Longbow (probably will use Macser's reskinned Nod Apache, paint it that sort of steel blue, put Allies logo in place of Nod, set side to West), get permission to use Landrovers for 'Ranger Jeep', APC's (I'd like to give the Allies the M113 and give the Soviets a BMP-2, but that seems a little unbalanced), remodeled BIS T-80 to have twin cannons and rename "Heavy Tank" (also recolor it to be a sort of rustic red/brown), "Minelayer" M113, anything that can easily be reskinned and coded in as a basic unit until proper models come along such as: Tesla Coil, Turret (if one is made for Nod, I can make an Allied version), Pillboxes (camo'd and normal), Flak Gun, M-41 Walker Bulldog (Allied Light Tank), proper M-48 Patton (or maybe an M-46, to better resemble the 'WWII' era), Victor-class Submarine, Cruiser, Gunboat, Chronosphere (would only be a cosmetic unit, really).

For now, I'll just work with what I have and what I know I can do. :) This is more of a status of the mod update as of right now. I had to take a break for awhile, but a fixed revn_td_vh pbo will be provided once I iron out the kinks. :)

GDI now has an engineer! Nod will soon follow, but I figure I'd show the slow progress.

Armed currently with an XMS and timebombs, they're more like saboteurs rather than a 'repair' unit. As far as I know, a man class can't repair vehicles like a repair truck and repair bay can.

dKDeOyp.png

JpNcnxO.png

GQwHWkV.png

CPNwlbU.png

I hope to reskin some trucks as well, so that your forces can be supported in the field. Thanks again to krzychuzokecia for providing his troops and helping me present a more gritty, real world version of classic C&C infantry units.

• Like 2

Very cool! Could you make some sort of an script that would allow the engineer to set up a temporary repair point or something like that?

• Like 1

Very cool! Could you make some sort of an script that would allow the engineer to set up a temporary repair point or something like that?

I don't know how to script, unfortunately, but perhaps I could learn to make one. :) That sounds like it'd be a good solution. Otherwise I plan on making GDI and Nod trucks as an in-the-field support unit (the repair, refuel, and ammo trucks being driven by engineers; regular transport truck driven by minigunners).

Engineers have been employed with the Brotherhood. Their weapon is an H&K G3.

Like GDI, they also have timebombs as well as smoke grenades (which I forgot to mention for GDI). Both of them also come with binoculars, so that they can easily view that they got the job done right.

4M4LIz3.png

tajcPiw.png

4PsBM5B.png

X5RJ2LS.png

pBdBE42.png

I kindly asked a Nod and GDI engineer on the field for a photo op. They thankfully put their differences aside and did not shoot each other the whole time. I guess the Nod Engineer thought it'd be great to have an 'action' shot and go prone.

2lIs2pU.jpg

Hope you all like these tiny updates. :)

• Like 2

GDI and Nod now have utility trucks! I had trouble with the 5t truck model variants, so I made one 5t for both sides that can do everything from: transporting troops, repairing, rearming, and refueling.

Driven by the new engineers!

GDI:

VU7tRMA.png

nEpETo4.png

XLE0Z9w.png

Nod:

VQKVbi0.png

SCOSfD2.png

Both:

s1JFo0J.png

fsl0M2h.png

More to come soon!

• Like 2

Allied intelligence has picked up surveillance photos of a new Soviet tank. Unfortunately, the spies were detected and utterly destroyed, but not before the intelligence was safely transmitted to us.

hnQjC21.png

xS1LLcD.png

BYN0ysv.png

Anyhow, I also updated the textures for the Allied Medium Tank, but for some reason or another, it refuses to show up in the editor. I've been cross referencing config files and just cannot find the problem for it. But yes, some progress on the Red Alert timeline here. I'm going to try and work on some Soviet and Allied infantry next, along with giving the Allies their 'Ranger', which will likely be a modified Willys MB (a bit elongated in the back, maybe if I can add a roll cage) with MG (an option for one without too). I would prefer to use a Landrover model as it makes more sense for the Allies to use, but I am unsure as to the whereabouts of the owners from the UKF project, so I dare not touch them - I wish not to be labeled a thief and would rather seek permissions first before usage of any such models. A YAK attack plane would be lovely to have as well for the Soviets. Also, even though the Kirov airship showed up in RA2, I would like to see it as a unit in OFP. It's too iconic of fictional Soviet air power to be left untouched. Maybe as a secret weapon or something. Just like how the X-O Powersuit was considered the predecessor to the Wolverine (not confirmed by canon sources, but I like the idea).

Also, I have to fix the missing texture problem of the front wheel there on the new Heavy Tank (based on the cinematics, we can deduce that it was in-fact a twin-barreled T-80).

• Like 2

UtDJzqk.jpg

37ozLCV.jpg

My aim here was to portray the Allies close to what they appeared like in the live action cinematics (of course they had WWII era helmets). They had original M16's, not the A2 as portrayed here. But I figure these units would be good placeholders for now. I'm relatively satisfied with them. My next unit is likely the Ranger for the Allies, like I have mentioned. The BIS sample models will be handy for that.

• Like 2

hwKP6OZ.jpg

Allies finally get some air power! I still find it odd that, in Red Alert lore, the Apache "Longbow" was in service in the 40's and 50's (closer to the end of the war in the early 50's). The AH-64A was produced in 1984 and was deployed to Europe in 1987. It wouldn't be until 1997 when the AH-64D would be delivered. But since this is an alternate reality, I feel like such tech could be forgiven, as Einstein's removal of Hitler could have caused some serious technological advancements. In any case, the Longbow will be making its appearance supporting Allied powers against the Red Tide.

• Like 1

YImRIsP.jpg

Finally, as promised - the Ranger. I would have personally preferred using a Landrover model, though.

• Like 2

And here are the updated textures for the Allied "Medium Tank" - if I had an M46 version of the Patton, it'd be more period accurate, I think. (1949-1957. The Great World War II, or Second World War (Alternate Timeline set by Einstein), went from 1946-1953.).

mHCI6gw.jpg

cOxaNFZ.jpg

More to come soon! The reason I didn't use the Abrams was because I feel it'd be way too technologically advanced for the timeline at present (even though we can clearly see Allied M1 Abrams tanks in CGI shots, I prefer utilizing the Patton for this. The Soviets are meant to have heavier armor assets).

The following vehicles: APC (Allies), Chinook (Allies), Hind (Soviets), Supply Truck (Allies, 5T), Supply Truck (Soviets, Ural), Light Tank (Allies - if I can get permission to utilize the M24 Chaffee, that'd be the bee's knees and would make the mod more authentic to the game's CGI depictions of units).

Also will take off the caution stripes of the 5T's I made for GDI and Nod. Just doesn't look right to me, but will keep the symbols.

Following soldiers: Rocket Soldier (Allies), Grenadier (Soviets), Engineer (Allies + Soviets), Shock Trooper (Soviets), Field Medic (Allies), Spy (Allies - I might just make it a 'Commando' instead, because I don't think I could pull off a 'Spy' well. So might be more of a 'Black Ops' kinda guy).

For GDI and Nod I still have the following vehicles I want to do soon: UH-60 (GDI + Nod), F-18 (GDI), F22 (Nod), Stealth Tank (already kind of a work in progress).

Units for GDI and Nod: Commandos (including Havoc and the rest of the Dead Six, as well as Black Hand commandos for Nod. TD6 and crew will be later down the line, so I'll have to just make some generic commandos for both. The Black Hand will likely have colored uniforms - such as red uniforms under black vests - and don red berets. GDI commandos will likely use boonie hats like GDI's current sniper, but will be utilizing weapons ranging from MP5SD's and M4's - and Nod Commandos will utilize MP5SD's or H&K G3's. And maybe I will have units that wield .50 anti-materiel rifles ("Ramjet" in Renegade), to properly show off the commandos. Sidearms will vary.

• Like 3

Great job man! These look awesome.

The tank choices seems appropriate!

Abrams would perhaps be the GDI tank of choice but as you said maybe too early for the allies. The CnC lore supports this too though the game cutscenes and renders, the manual and the game data all give little different view on what it is based on. Patton is however mentioned so your choice is lore friendly. :D

• Like 1

Great job man! These look awesome.

The tank choices seems appropriate!

Abrams would perhaps be the GDI tank of choice but as you said maybe too early for the allies. The CnC lore supports this too though the game cutscenes and renders, the manual and the game data all give little different view on what it is based on. Patton is however mentioned so your choice is lore friendly. :D

Thankfully, GDI already has their Abrams. It's several pages back, I believe. Thanks for the comment! I still find it rather odd that helicopters that were invented in the 80's (our timeline) were in use as early as the late 1940's in this timeline. But again, the timeline shift accounts for the very advanced technology that the Allies and Soviets possess during the Second World War. Mammoths, Apaches, Twin-Barrelled T-80 MBTs, M113's, etc. Einstein really did mess things up, it seems. Maybe removing Hitler wasn't the best idea after all. Then again, no matter what happened, there would still have been a costly war with massive amounts of casualties on both sides and civilians (seems civilians always get screwed over).

• Like 1

Meanwhile, on the Tiberium-verse front! The GDI gains some more airpower!

6yQeryX.jpg

Armed with Mavericks and a GAU-8 Avenger, for those anti-tank and anti-structure needs.

Back in the Red Alert-verse, the Soviets have the Hind Gunship!

It's basically a retextured base-game Hind with the same armament and is the Soviet equivalent of the Allied Apache.

h9Y4Ff9.jpg

All for right now, folks. Hopefully a new release will be right around the corner!

• Like 3