Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Making my AddOn compatiable with Zeus?

How can I make my AddOn compatiable with Zeus? Apparently it's not showing up in the Zeus menu? :confused:

& I've been told It's as simple as defining it into the config? But I've searched the forums and Google but couldn't find my answer?

If anyone could shed some light on this for me and maybe other people searching for the same answer :)

Thanks,

konyo

In the CfgPatches you need to define the unit, and put it under a factions Vanilla vehiclelass (IE: "air")

Heres my AH-1Z Patch that works 100%

class CfgPatches {

class AH {

units[] = {"NB_AH_1Z"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Air_F"};

};

};

In the CfgPatches you need to define the unit, and put it under a factions Vanilla vehiclelass (IE: "air")

So "class AH {" being the name of your vehicle class? Correct? That's the only definition needed?

No; class AH is the class for the mod; the part you need is

units[]={"yourclassnamehere"};

Sweet! Thank you :)

What about if I have my own FactionClass? I have my Irish troops separate from NAto/AAF but under the Blufor side.

What about if I have my own FactionClass? I have my Irish troops separate from NAto/AAF but under the Blufor side.

Custom factions work; Custom Vehicle Classes however do not.

Custom factions work; Custom Vehicle Classes however do not.

Well that sucks.

Custom vehicle classes works as well. Make sure they're defined in CfgVehicleClasses.

Is it possible to get items to show up in the ammo box editor?

I have a custom PDA device that gives players who have it access to a bunch of features such as a 3d hud showing player names, ability to set view distance etc..

Currently I defined the custom class as follows:

class ItemCore;

class AE_PDA: ItemCore

{

displayname = "PDA";

descriptionshort = "TBA";

//model = "";

picture = "\AE\Items\Icons\PDAIcon.paa";

scope = 2;

class ItemInfo

{

mass = 5;

type = 201;

};

};

I cant get this to show in the ammobox editor in zeus, but it does show up in tonic's VAS (side note: when I try add the item, I get the option to add it to inventory or attach to my weapon?)

Any Ideas?

Pretty serious bump here, but couldn't find it anywhere else.

Custom vehicle classes works as well. Make sure they're defined in CfgVehicleClasses.

I have a mod that adds unconfigured models as objects into the game (Rocks, trees, bushes mostly). They're under their own cfgVehiclesClass. I added all the objects that I'd like to place under the units[] array and I'm not getting any errors. Yet they don't show up at all in ZEUS. Is there anything special I need to do? They inherit from the Static vehicles class.

thx for the tips , it worked great , but i still having Big problem though , my armored vehicles (APC) , (armed offroad) , (suv) doesn't appear ,

Edit : my faction is BluFor but a lot of the Vehicles are Opfor ? does it effects it ?

Edit 2 : nope it looks like it have nothing to do with the unit's sides , i have made 3 custom Humvees but only 2 of them appears & the 3 are identical ... i am totally clueless now ,grrrh:mad:

Edited by marven_2099

thx for the tips , it worked great , but i still having Big problem though , my armored vehicles (APC) , (armed offroad) , (suv) doesn't appear ,

Edit : my faction is BluFor but a lot of the Vehicles are Opfor ? does it effects it ?

Edit 2 : nope it looks like it have nothing to do with the unit's sides , i have made 3 custom Humvees but only 2 of them appears & the 3 are identical ... i am totally clueless now ,grrrh:mad:

How are you defining them in the config?

Are you sure its set to public and not private in the scope value?

Pretty serious bump here, but couldn't find it anywhere else.

I have a mod that adds unconfigured models as objects into the game (Rocks, trees, bushes mostly). They're under their own cfgVehiclesClass. I added all the objects that I'd like to place under the units[] array and I'm not getting any errors. Yet they don't show up at all in ZEUS. Is there anything special I need to do? They inherit from the Static vehicles class.

Same here,

Faction Class

class CfgFactionClasses {
class Irish_Forces {
	displayName = "Irish Armed Forces";
	priority = 2;
	side = 1;
	flag = "\iaf_infantry\Data\flag_ireland_co.paa";
	icon = "\iaf_infantry\Data\idf_icon.paa";
};
};

Vehicle Class

class CfgVehicleClasses {
class Irish_Infantry {
	displayName = "Infantry";
};
};

Rifleman snippet

class IAF_Rifleman_wld: B_soldier_F 
{
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01.p3d";
	side = 1;
	scope = 2;
	author = "Slatts";
	vehicleClass = "Irish_Infantry";
       };
};

check curatorScope in config. afaik, objects have it set 0 by default. beside that, when I was trying to create custom flag poles, I found that setting curatorScope to 1 wasn't enough as it needed _generalMacro thing.

Hiya guys,

I’ve been trying to find clear answers to this for ages and just can’t find a source or the answers I need. I’m sure I’m just not searching for the right things or am being stupid, but I don’t know where else to turn.

Basically I just want to make an infantry unit with different gear and equipment that a Zeus player can spawn in and deploy just like any other unit. At the moment zeus is having to edit each unit in turn or run a script on units to change them, but I would like to make composition that appear in the create menu just like any other unit for him to spawn.

I can find things about how to retexture or remodel (both of which I don’t want to do) and I can work out that I need to make a Config.cpp and create an addon to achieve what I want. At the moment I’m using this, which I found on another post as a template:

class CfgPatches
{
   class Guille_A3_Characters_F
   {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"};
   };
};

class CfgFactionClasses
{
   class Guille_Faction_F
   {
       displayName = "Guille's Faction";
       priority = 3; // Position in editor list, 1 being the top.
       side = 1; // 0 = opfor, 1 = blufor, 2 = indep
       icon = "\a3\Data_f\cfgFactionClasses_BLU_ca.paa";
       flag = "\a3\Data_f\Flags\flag_nato_co.paa";
   };
};

class CfgVehicles
{
   //class O_Soldier_base_F;
   class B_Soldier_base_F;
   //class I_Soldier_base_F;

class Guille_B_Soldier_F: B_Soldier_base_F
   {
       author = "Guille1993";
       _generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F";
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Guille's Unit";
       model = "\A3\characters_F\OPFOR\o_soldier_01.p3d";
       uniformClass = "Guille_U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1","Camo2","insignia"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\Data\clothing_oucamo_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\Data\tech_oucamo_CO.paa"};

weapons[] = {"arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put"};
       respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put"};
       Items[] = {"FirstAidKit"};
       RespawnItems[] = {"FirstAidKit"};
       magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};
       respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};
       linkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_rgr","H_HelmetB","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
       respawnLinkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_rgr","H_HelmetB","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
   };
};

class cfgWeapons
{
   class Uniform_Base;
   class UniformItem;
   class ItemInfo;

class Guille_U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo: Uniform_Base
   {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Guille's Uniform";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_OI_CombatUniform_oucamo_ca.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";
       class ItemInfo: UniformItem
       {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "Guille_B_Soldier_F";
           containerClass = "Supply40";
           mass = 80;
       };
   };
};

However, while I can use this in the editor I cant seem to make it so A) zeus can edit it B) it appears as an option for zeus to spawn.

Is there a tutorial out there on how to create a simple spawnable unit for zeus from scratch?

Any help anyone can offer would be amazing!

5th line down, units[] = {}; needs you to define the units classname to appear in Zeus. So add "Guille_B_Soldier_F" to make it

units[] = {Guille_B_Soldier_F};

Though you may have the same problem as me with having a custom CfgFactionClass

Hiya thanks for your help! So I've managed to get the following unit into zeus and working apart from A) I cant seem to get him to spawn in the right uniform (a gorilla uniform), it works for some reason if I make him appear on the Blufor side, but not for Opfor, which is kinda odd. B) I cant get his weapon to have a flashlight attached. Could you offer any advice?

class CfgPatches
{
   class Kanny_KannyUnits_Units
   {
       units[] = {"Shotty_O_Soldier_F"};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F", "A3_Modules_F_Curator"};
   };
};

class CfgFactionClasses
{
   class Kan_Faction_F
   {
       displayName = "Kanny's No NV Faction";
       priority = 3; // Position in editor list, 1 being the top.
       side = 0; // 0 = opfor, 1 = blufor, 2 = indep
       icon = "\a3\Data_f\cfgFactionClasses_BLU_ca.paa";
       flag = "\a3\Data_f\Flags\flag_nato_co.paa";
   };
};

class CfgVehicles
{
   //class B_Soldier_base_F;
   class O_Soldier_base_F;
   //class I_Soldier_base_F;

class Shotty_O_Soldier_F: O_Soldier_base_F
   {
       faction = "Kan_Faction_F";
author = "Kanny";
       _generalMacro = "O_Soldier_F";
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Shotgunner";
       model = "\A3\characters_F\OPFOR\o_soldier_01.p3d";
       uniformClass = "U_BG_leader";

weapons[] = {"arifle_mas_m1014","hgun_mas_mak_F","Throw","Put"};
       respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_mas_m1014","hgun_mas_mak_F","Throw","Put"};
       Items[] = {"FirstAidKit"};
       RespawnItems[] = {"FirstAidKit"};
       magazines[] = {"7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellRed","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};
       respawnMagazines[] = {"7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","7Rnd_mas_12Gauge_Pellets","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellRed","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};
       linkedItems[] = {"V_BandollierB_khk","H_Cap_red","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
       respawnLinkedItems[] = {"V_BandollierB_khk","H_Cap_red","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
   };
};

not too sure on why he's on the Blufor side. But if you want his weapon to have a flashlight you'll need to make a new weapon class that has a LinkedItems class to add it to the weapon.

I'm having the same issue. I have a simple mod to add a reskin for a single unit I want to add to a new faction. I want to get it to show up in zeus, but for some reason I it never shows up in the UI. It shows up in the editor, and in Arsenal just fine - but nothing ever shows up in Zeus (even if I place the unit on the map with the editor before starting the map).

Here's a copy of my (slightly modified) config.cpp for reference:

class CfgPatches
{
class MY_MOD
{
	requiredVersion = 1;
	author[] = { "Me!" };
	authorUrl = "https://mywebpage.com";
	version = 0.0.0;
	versionStr = "0.0.0";
	versionAr[] = {0,0,0};
	requiredAddons[] = { "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR" };
	weapons[] = { MY_MOD_UNIFORM };
	units[] = { MY_MOD_Soldier };
};
};

class CfgFactionClasses
{
class MY_Base_Faction
{
	displayName = "My Custom Faction";
	author = "Me!";
	priority = 8;
	side = 1;
	icon = "\my\path\to\icon.paa";
	flag = "\my\path\to\flag.paa";
};
};

class CfgVehicleClasses
{
class MY_Vehicle_Class
{
	displayName = "My Vehicle Class";
};
};

class CfgVehicles
{
class B_Soldier_F;
class B_Soldier_TL_F;
class B_soldier_AR_F;

class MY_MOD_Soldier : B_Soldier_F
{
	scope = 2;
	scopeCurator = 2;
	faction = "MY_Base_Faction";
	vehicleClass = "MY_Vehicle_Class";
	displayName = "Rifleman";
	nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody"; //class for "naked" body
	uniformClass = "MY_MOD_UNIFORM"; //the uniform item
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = { "\my\path\to\skin.paa" };
};
};

class cfgWeapons
{
class U_B_CombatUniform_mcam;
class UniformItem;

class MY_MOD_UNIFORM : U_B_CombatUniform_mcam
{
	scope = 2;
	scopeCurator = 2;
	displayName = "My Custom Uniform Name";
	_generalMacro  = "B_Soldier_F";
	picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

author = "Me!";

class ItemInfo : UniformItem
	{
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = "MY_MOD_Soldier"; //would be same as our made soldier class
		containerClass = "Supply40"; //how much it can carry
		mass = 80; //how much it weights
	};
};
};

I'm not getting any errors, and nothing shows up in RPT that looks suspicious. I've seen lots of people suggesting to put the unit into the 'Units' array, but I've already got it there. I've been trying various things for 2 days now and am incredibly frustrated with how arcane this all is. It's so hard to find info because there's so much out of date and just plain wrong info out there.

Seems to be something to do with the VehiceClasses. I got my Faction glass appearing, but no sublists will appear.

Double post but.

The only sublist I see under my faction class in Zeus is the Diver class which inherits off the BIS guys. Dunno if that helps anyone but might joggle something to get an answer.