SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

hey I just spent my entire Wednesday reading through all 128 pages of your mod and I have to say this is one of the best things I have ever seen, you guys pay attention to a lot of the good things about halo and I like how you are going for a realistic setting like the books compared to the actual games, I for one an excited to get this mod so I can play as a marine and hopefully become a pelican pilot, I do not own ARMA 3 as of yet but thanks to reading through your guys mod ARMA 3 is now on my top priorities at least so I can play this mod. keep up the good work and I am amazed with everything you have been able to achieve because it is amazing!

That must've been a lot of reading... Maybe you should take a break from the computer haha

Or instead you can take a look at our Moddb page too. :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection

I have question about the gun models, namely the mirrored nature of some of them. For example: in Halo the sniper rifle has the cocking handle on the left, not only does that make little sense, but A3 lacks animations for such setup. Many games have the so-called lefthanded-righthanded guns with ejection fort and cocking handle on the left side. Basically the gun model is mirrored so the player can look at the "more interesting" part of the gun. Right now I cant think of other Halo weapons with such setup, but you guys should keep that in mind.

Well, actually having the bolt charging handle or "cocking" handle on the left makes more sense than the right. Because unless you are left handed, your right hand should always stay on the trigger. Your left hand would be free to charge the bolt or clear a jam or something similar. This doesn't happen on most guns in real life though. Most charging handles are usually on the right. If you mean the ejection port, where the spent cartridges are shot out, then yes we are very aware of it and keeping it in mind. You don't want this happening to you with a left side ejection port: https://i.imgur.com/9kTluTI.gif

Well, actually having the bolt charging handle or "cocking" handle on the left makes more sense than the right. Because unless you are left handed, your right hand should always stay on the trigger. Your left hand would be free to charge the bolt or clear a jam or something similar. This doesn't happen on most guns in real life though.

AFAIK the reason why real weapons are designed with the cocking handle on the right is because it moves back and forth when the gun is firing. I guess you dont want it on the side where your face is at.

AFAIK the reason why real weapons are designed with the cocking handle on the right is because it moves back and forth when the gun is firing. I guess you dont want it on the side where your face is at.

Ak have it on the right as it is their charging handle and where empty rounds exit. Weapons like Scar have the charging handle on the left but the bolt on the right.

Most weapons would have charging handles catered to the left hand while empty casing exit on the right.

Edited by Nickobus
Additional Information

Well, actually having the bolt charging handles or "cocking" handle on the left makes more sense than the right. Because unless you are left handed, your right hand should always stay on the trigger. Your left hand would be free to charge the bolt or clear a jam or something similar. This doesn't happen on most guns in real life though. Most charging handles are usually on the right. If you mean the ejection port, where the spent cartridges are shot out, then yes we are very aware of it and keeping it in mind. You don't want this happening to you with a left side ejection port: https://i.imgur.com/9kTluTI.gif

There are non-reciprocating charging handles on bullpups and regular guns today. This is also true for the Halo AR, hence the charging handle on the left, which makes sense since it's 500 years in the future ;)

The ejection port is also fine with the Halo AR, it should eject the shells on the right side since most people are right handed shooters. If you choose to use it on the other side for a few seconds, like in a CQB style situation (corners), then the ejected shells on the right shouldn't bother you in a video game ;)

Besides... the original Halo AR also has a dust cover which could also be used temporarily to deflect the shells away from your face if you should use it on the left side for a few shots (left handed folks would simply let the shells eject on the left side permanently), this is what Desert Tech did with their upcoming MDR rifle:

The Halo AR design is just fine. Nothing has to be changed.

Edited by coffeeshock

If everything is fine then great! Im just looking for potential issues that may have slipped your attention. Again, you guys are doing incredible job, so dont think Im trying to take away from your hard work just to be a dick.

Question about M90 shotgun: in games it is depicted as purely pump-action, but I just read that in some source material it was depicted as firing in semi-auto. My guess is that the game devs went with pump action as it looks more badass and more interesting then semi-auto shotgun. However it would make a great deal of sense for M90 default firing mode to be actually the semi-auto mode. As you guys said its 500 years into the future and we already have M4 Super 90 that is capable of semi-auto, pump action and even (pretty much) full auto. Halo's M90 probably has pump action mode so it can fire special rounds that may not cycle next one. Just food for thought.

Edited by Taro8

Quick question: Can you adjust the direction and facing of the ODST drop pod or does it just fall in a straight line

Quick question: Can you adjust the direction and facing of the ODST drop pod or does it just fall in a straight line

Straight line, for now.

hey quick question, will the pelicans back door open and close? or is it going to be open all the time?

Small Question about the pelicans, will there be different models for the two different branches? such as one for The Marines with the Iconic "Marines" Label on the back? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081105044836/halo/images/e/ed/The_Ark_Pelican.jpg

0a2e661b41.jpg

It wouldn't have to be a separate model, but a slight and simple re-texture.

Edited by spacenavy90

seeing how the arma engine gets sometimes when you winch a vic, it sometimes lags out. were you guys able to figure out a way to attach vics to the rear of the pelicans like in the main game?

Edited by Theronnett

seeing how the arma engine gets sometimes when you winch a vic, it sometimes lags out. were you guys able to figure out a way to attach vics to the rear of the pelicans like in the main game?

The best way at the moment is with an attachTo script which is what we will probably use. But there is always this too for the Warthog winch:

Stirls hath returned from the beach. Greeted with the most badass looking rocket launcher I have ever seen. Let's get this mod out of the door, boys!

Stirls hath returned from the beach. Greeted with the most badass looking rocket launcher I have ever seen. Let's get this mod out of the door, boys!

Speaking of rocket launchers, will the rocket launcher have rotating tubes?

Are you suggesting a release?

This could be an amazing weekend :)

Are you suggesting a release?
This could be an amazing weekend :)

That's not what he is implying, he meant he is back so let's get back to work. Don't get excited :P

That's not what he is implying, he meant he is back so let's get back to work. Don't get excited :P

Well thats a mood killer :(

what is your plans for the space elevator? In some old pictures there was a space elevator in them I was just wondering what your guys plans are for it? also keep up the good work everything is looking great so far!

damn that looks amazing! its a work of art, got to love the Reach armor style keep up the good work man

what is your plans for the space elevator? In some old pictures there was a space elevator in them I was just wondering what your guys plans are for it? also keep up the good work everything is looking great so far!

The fate of the Space Elevator is undecided right now. It is un-imaginably large and not very useful.

Most likely, it will either be an object you can place on your own as scenery with no geometery to interact with or it will just not be included at all.

you wouldn't actually have to make it go right up to the sky, you could always build a half made one and proclaim that it is under construction or that it was destroyed in a insurectionist attack, it would make for good scenary on the map anyways

you wouldn't actually have to make it go right up to the sky, you could always build a half made one and proclaim that it is under construction or that it was destroyed in a insurectionist attack, it would make for good scenary on the map anyways

Could be a good campaign point. UNSC Army and Marine base cut off from immediate reinforcements due to space elevator sabotage by the innies. Thus ODST are deployed to try and retain peace.