theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

The KA-52 and KA-60 would be helos for this mod.

As for launchers. I think only the MPRL's have hiddenselections. But the RPG32 is a good launcher to keep IMO

Agreed the ka 52 with a "futuristic" modern touch would be great for the current timeline

I've been trying to port a Ka-52 variant in, but it's still WIP. I have screenshots somewhere.

I've been trying to port a Ka-52 variant in, but it's still WIP. I have screenshots somewhere.

isnt it that crazy one you showed in a screen on another thread (atleast i think that was you)

isnt it that crazy one you showed in a screen on another thread (atleast i think that was you)

Not too crazy. Just a Ka-52 with one rotor and a main gun.

Not too crazy. Just a Ka-52 with one rotor and a main gun.

But 2 sets of oposite blades like RL Alligator, right? Or else the torq force would make it spin around as it doesn´t have a tail rotor...

;2743425']But 2 sets of oposite blades like RL Alligator' date=' right? Or else the [b']torq force[/b] would make it spin around as it doesn´t have a tail rotor...

That's why I stuck a tail rotor on there.

I took your rotor, and i threw ito n the ground

I'm an adult!

That's why I stuck a tail rotor on there.

Yeah, now I recall you´re editing a Ka-52 to a fictious "conventional" version, as it isn´t really a Ka-52 but a CSAT chopper which resembles the Kamov attach chopper... sounds good to me =)

you should name it the EV-104 (Evancat Model 104) and its nato callsign be the Dragon

Its NATO designator needs to be something awesome, like the Shark Chainsaw or the Laser Alligator.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562140837886373275/DA5B145AF3E7C85654A0345E63B5BB5C6F284807/

On top of that, I'm trying to reskin and port the Vodnik as a sort of heavy-purpose utility vehicle.

Edited by TheEvanCat

NATO designations for Russian helos start with H. So could be 'Hellhound' Dont know if thats taken.

It's Persian name is Keftar, meaning lion. But that's just local.

So I've been working on adding a new asset to the Iranian Air Force for the past godknowshowlong, and it's in the finishing stages.

Most of it is thanks to Dezkit and his unbinarized stuff, which is pretty much how I learned to airplane in Arma.

What sort of planes can we expect? :)

What sort of planes can we expect? :)

I've spent a few months jiggering around with the Mig-29 source files. I've been trying to make it into a multirole airframe that's different from Dezkit's original. So there have been config, sound, weapon, and texture changes.

Loving the mod mate, finally no more Iranians from outer space.....

Okay, so I've gotten the helmet almost completely redone. RVMATs have been added, as well as a new rail system that looks considerably less crappy. The HMD system will need some work (the rail texture seems to have gotten onto it and I'm not sure if I like that or not) but will include a deactivated (pictured) and activated version where the screen is pulled out over the guy's eye.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562142740780391633/ED68AF491FD839AA0E591CB7A1F88DA5E564C5B2/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562142740780406203/A577B204CE2D22C8E1FA7ACB020D030EAE642C71/

In the works now are UI icons, which is going to be tedious.

The To-343 Shahan, based off of Dezkit's MiG but with several differences (I jiggered with the config to make it less janky to fly, for example) is also coming soon to a theater of war near you. I'd like to thank him for releasing the source files for the aircraft, because it pretty much taught me a lot of stuff regarding not only aircraft making, but O2 and Arma models in general. This paves the way for a ported Vodnik in the future now that I know how to RVMAT.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562140838009323260/0E6B0AADE72C156696B1696F1AEE244D2C1DBAF6/

My main problem is with the placement of weapons (y u no show up, rocket pod??) and some error messages. Also, there appears to be a spare copilot hanging out, which is odd considering it's a single-seat airframe.

I'm also drawing concepts for a new uniform that will keep the technological feel of CSAT but without being kind of ridiculous. I've modeled uniforms before but weighting is going to be the absolute worst part.

I'm also looking to make a new launcher to replace the Alamut. This is planned to have an unguided variant and an experimental guided launcher deployed with SOF teams.

Edited by TheEvanCat

Looking great mate. Love the look of the helmet. :)

looking good evan, do you have any plans for any other factions from a3 to be remade (Ie. AAF (although theres a lot of mods doing that), NATO?)

I had this idea to make the CSAT a MLRS. Taking the body of the Kamaz and putting the model from either the RM70 or BM-21 on the back. A mix of modern and updated old tech :) You can run with it if you want.