warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

On 11-1-2017 at 6:26 AM, warlord554 said:

yeah the birds will have load out menus for armaments, odds and ends like adding/deleting fuel probe, pilot doors etc. I will see if the actual door guns are compatible allowing players to choose between the m3m .50cal, m240, or m134d. 

will also see if stuff like the UES or standard exhaust are switchable 

If you want to use a service menu the stuff has to be a proxy, and proxies can't be animated there for the gun would not be able to move, just keep that in mind

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jaaxxxxon said:

Did you say.. M3?

Omg omg omg

That would be so dope I love you 

Thanks for the update!

What's an M3?

also known as the GAU-21. basically a modified m2 Browning .50cal hmg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxone said:

If you want to use a service menu the stuff has to be a proxy, and proxies can't be animated there for the gun would not be able to move, just keep that in mind

yeah I figured there were limitations I just haven't really dug into the service menu yet. the various hawks will deploy door guns as their RL counterparts then. soar hawks will deploy the m134 

• Like 2

it will lay down justice from above the same as a Browning ;)

the main visual difference is the handles/firing mechanism. I'm not gonna get too elaborate with it though to save polys 

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Thanks :) Is it very different from a Browning M2? Or a more advanced version?

not very different, a bit different internally, built on top of the classic M2. It was built for air mounting purposes primarily (which means you can feed ammo on both sides - not simultaneously obviously), also used on some watercraft etc....

• Like 1

Hasn't the M3 got a considerable higher rate of fire as well? Taking advantage of the cooling on the platform and compensating for the typically limited engagement window.

7 minutes ago, colonelhartigan said:

Hasn't the M3 got a considerable higher rate of fire as well? Taking advantage of the cooling on the platform and compensating for the typically limited engagement window.

it does yes:
450-600 rounds/min (M2HB)
750–850 rounds/min (M2)
1,200-1,300 rounds/min (M3)

• Like 1

Damn...1200 rpm-looking forward to laying down a wall of lead with that sucker :D

• Like 2

he only reason I will return to play A3 is this MOD.

Thank you, I'll wait as long as I can.

• Like 1

It is an amazing weapon that spreads freedom wherever it goes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Damn...1200 rpm-looking forward to laying down a wall of lead with that sucker :D

it will only be equipped on the usaf mh60g and one of the 47 cargo ramps

• Like 3

Yeah it's like the perfect aircraft weapon IMHO, especially in Arma.

Couldn't you have separate models with the only difference being the door guns? That way could switch the entire hawk in the service menus without anyone noticing to 'switch door guns'.
I mean you probably wouldn't be able to do it from within the aircraft, and IF you're going explicitly from what's been seen on SOAR hawks I can see why you wouldn't want that, but I'd love to see a DAP with fiddies on the side.

Anyways, keep up the Arma Lord's work!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaaxxxxon said:

Yeah it's like the perfect aircraft weapon IMHO, especially in Arma.

Couldn't you have separate models with the only difference being the door guns? That way could switch the entire hawk in the service menus without anyone noticing to 'switch door guns'.
I mean you probably wouldn't be able to do it from within the aircraft, and IF you're going explicitly from what's been seen on SOAR hawks I can see why you wouldn't want that, but I'd love to see a DAP with fiddies on the side.

Anyways, keep up the Arma Lord's work!

you will be able to use the gau-19 on the dap pylons. what I may do is separate dap's with various "gun" loadouts and just make the missiles switchable

• Like 4

I've had overwhelming PM requests regarding foreign variants. So will do a separate "foreign variant" pbo for non us players/communties. so if any non us players have texture requests feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to accommodate you after initial release

• Like 2

I also hope to showcase brand new M variants by this weekend(neither have been shown in game)

• Like 10

littlebirds will be very last after the mh47g. mainly because there is already a LB mod out currently 

• Like 6

Are you going to create separate SOAR crew models, or use the standard BIS aircrew models?

• Like 2