gmwo

Wander Panzer(WAP) MOD for ArmA3

^^ Sorry I like it as it is. Walking slow THEN it moves into 'wheeled' mode when going fast .... perfect.

My only issue is that they are not turning their legs to face the enemy, and therefore sometimes cannot engage.

Walking is a issue. If there was a walk, run then wheeled mode all with their sounds and effect it would look better. At the moment wheeled mode isn't very convincing as it looks like sliding. Noticed another small issue all the missiles come out of the same point. But your doing something great!

It is still early days in the release, so we can wait to see what happens.

Wanzers could skid around in FM. Just pointing it out, so no one thinks its author's own idea. Better walking animations is the thing I wish to see.

Kyojun is good, but how about this badass? :D

600px-Zenith_wanzer_01.jpg

Thanks for sharing your work with the community gmwo. Great work mate.

ED 209 from the 1987 robocop movie would be great in arma 3 also.

ed_209_by_b20vteg-d30r36s.jpg

Crtl+W and shift+W do not work for me. All it does is go forward until a certain speed then switches to gliding mode

It is still early days in the release, so we can wait to see what happens.

I was hoping he can work with Jurassic Arma

Both are bipedal and in most cases have similar skeletons (Just one vertical and another rather horizontal)

I can't wait to kill dinos on mechs. Or aliens and bugs.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Thanks for sharing your work with the community gmwo. Great work mate.

ED 209 from the 1987 robocop movie would be great in arma 3 also.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/287/a/5/ed_209_by_b20vteg-d30r36s.jpg

This kind of mech (like BF2142s) with no arms is much easier to be created. Just have to worry about legs and body rotation

Actually being able to 'see' leg positon on the radar would be very nice, as now you can end up running into a building.

Personally I would prefer if this mod remains focused on wanzers only. If gmwo gets one prefect then making other wanzer models like Zenith or Frost will be easier then making other types of mechs.

Also, yeah gmwo, you should try contacting Jurassic Arma team, maybe they can offer some help or info with could help you out.

BTW: I dont like the integrated weapons into arms, I always prefered FM style of hands with different guns.

Personally I would prefer if this mod remains focused on wanzers only. If gmwo gets one prefect then making other wanzer models like Zenith or Frost will be easier then making other types of mechs.

Also, yeah gmwo, you should try contacting Jurassic Arma team, maybe they can offer some help or info with could help you out.

BTW: I dont like the integrated weapons into arms, I always prefered FM style of hands with different guns.

+1 for wanzers only

Considering that we have only just got these (and they are AMAZING), why don't we stop speculating what will/won't be? Instead just be supporting of gmwo with constructive information to make these wanzers even better.

It would be so cool to being able to pick up/drop weapons with wanzer (maybe in a way similiar to how aircraft change loadout). Don't know if it would work tho.

Love the mod and I play with it all the time when I am in arma.

Some suggestions for future update: Allow the robots Top half to be able to turn 360 rather than 180

The Robot with the 120 mm gun has a problem with the crosshair not syncing with the shot and make the 120 gun stronger in damage.

Please make all the waps one manned only, so we don't have to constantly keep on spawning empty waps and having to jump into them.

I like this mod, just some suggestions\ideas:

- make a wanzer with minigun that uses 40mm he rds with lots of ammo, or attach a gun

to me mechs with high velocity guns are more appealing

- add more ammo to the existing guns for the mechs

- add more missiles to the mech that locks on except, have a version with a minigun, and make the missiles lock but only use the ffar style type missiles so they are more He then AT

- add a grenade launcher to a mech

- add a power jump, where you can jump high and cover a certain distance in one jump but has to recharge in order to jump again

- add type of rds to mech guns that use different explosions based on the caliber of weapon, so for example use the mortar explosion impact for lets say an HE 125mm cannon rd, may

not work like that so just throwing it out there

Problem

Probably already reported but I noticed when you place mechs (nato) not empty that the driver view is on the ground.

Also in sp I heard no footstep sound, not sure if there is supposed to be one.

I making a new wanzer model now. Just a moment please !:)

amarecco0094_zps8b2959ce.jpg

I making a new wanzer model now. Just a moment please !:)

Frost? :D

338px-Blizzaia_wanzer_01.jpg

And how about a bit more detailed weapon for Wanzers? :) And else one moment: maybe will be better, if Wanzers will have their own pilot classes (copy BIS plane pilots: NATO - U.S.N. and CSAT - O.C.U.)?

Edited by DAP

It would be so cool to being able to pick up/drop weapons with wanzer (maybe in a way similiar to how aircraft change loadout). Don't know if it would work tho.

THIS! This is exactly the thing that makes wanzers unique, the ability to just grab weapons on the fly.

And else one moment: maybe will be better, if Wanzers will have their own pilot classes (copy BIS plane pilots: NATO - U.S.N. and CSAT - O.C.U.)?

Helicopter crew fits more.

And yeah its Frost. Fun fact: the picture you and I showed is later model of Frost called Blizzaia (L to be exact).

.... man I feel like such a nerd now :p.

BTW: I just looked at Front Mission Evolved gameplay videos, they are at least good source depicting Wanzer animations, you should check them out. The biggest difference is that legs move much faster and the torso actually moves up and down when walking, making the whole animation more natural. If you make torso move and have arms buffer/stabilize the movement a bit (so weapons are kept point at same point more or less) the walking animation will look much more natural. However you would need the arms bend in elbows and wrists in addition of being rotated on shoulders.

PS: I may sound critical toward your work, but believe me: Im actually ecstatic about your mod as Im great fan of Front Mission and I love rand stuff like aliens and mechs in Arma. Keep up the good work :thumb:.

Edited by Taro8

My suggestion:

Make the torso able to spin 360 degrees. Why? The AI has a real problem with facing an attacker as it expects the 'turret' to be able to traverse 360 (like a tank). I've observed multiple occasions where 2 mechs are standing 50m from each other and cannot do anything as the legs are facing one way and the turret another... the AI driver will not adjust his facing to allow the AI gunner to acquire target.

Also I've created a custom loadout script (not tested in MP) for each Wanzer type that adds more ammo and other fun weapons (can you say GAU12?? :p) as I've been playing with these units and DAC.. and wanted them to have more punch. I'm wondering if some kind of loadout selector is in the works by the author?

^^yup reported that too. Now wasn't there an armour improvement programme back in arma2 days where the author was able to make tank chassis FACE attackers ? Can't remember what it is however.

Helicopter crew fits more.

Pilot coverall looks closer to this :)

8624_50058.jpg

And else one suggestion: Wanzers need more armor (and ammo). Because now they can be destroyed with one shot from cannon or Titan AT-launcher.

^^yup reported that too. Now wasn't there an armour improvement programme back in arma2 days where the author was able to make tank chassis FACE attackers ? Can't remember what it is however.

Yes can't recall the name of it either. I did try using the @realarmor mod with the Wanzers.. and it certainly increased their survivability but it caused some other issues (which might have been specific to running @dac_a3 - issues with respawning DAC groups).

edit: group configs for these units are pretty messed up from what I can tell. USN and OCU have their own factions but are also listed under NATO and CSAT (except IND which does not have it's own faction and is listed under IND_F). It would be great if this was sorted out as it prevents usage in mods like ALiVE or other AI scripts/mods that rely on proper BIS-standard configs

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

Edited by SavageCDN

You know, re-engineering an addon without permission is not the done thing around here. If you want to see how it works, perhaps ask the author to send you the files unpboed already. Its only polite, especially how much effort and time addon makers put into their work. Before you go any further, have a look at rule 19.

I'm not going to use anything from it. However, looking to see how something works, especially in a highly undocumented game like Arma is perfectly fine as far as I know. After looking into it, I bet that was a bunch of trial and error, thats all I can say. Interesting way how Arma animates vehicles. I wonder if it is possible to animate vehicles with rigs rather than model.cfg

Either way, great mod.