silola

DAC V3.1 (Dynamic-AI-Creator) released

Hi twisted,

please try to spawn the script instead of call the script ... it's only an idea.

Maybe it makes a different at this point.

Silola

trying to run my custom rearm script for DAC units. This script works on players and units when run directly on them

_rearm = [_x] call tws_simpleRearm;

but when I try and call it from DAC_config_events then absolutely nothing happens. I try call it when group is created and then for unit after rebuildup.

case 1:
{
	_Events_Unit_S =	[
							["{[_x] call tws_simpleRearm} foreach units _group"],
							[],
							[],
							[],
							[],
							[],
							["[_unit] call tws_simpleRearm"]

Any insight into how Im stuffing up would be appreciated!

-EDIT: I've been conducting small tests to get an idea of how the AI behaves with DAC. I was expecting AI to breach and clear buildings, especially when they know your position after shooting at you inside a building for a while. Do I need to change some setting for that? AI difficulty is set to 4 and ASR AI is on default settings.

They don't really 'breach and clear' in the way you are thinking. DAC has a setting for building checks but I don't think it forces AI to check a known player-held building (I could be wrong here).

In DAC_Config_Behaviour check the _setBldgBeh variable:

_setBldgBeh = [2,50,120,600,1]

Here you determine how much infantry groups can occupy buildings.

If you don't want to use this feature, you need to set the 1st value to 0.

1st entry = maximum number of units from the group, which can occupy a building

2nd entry = radius of the building detection

3rd entry = time how long the units stay in a building

4th entry = time before a building can be entered again a second time

5th entry = number of positions, which a building must have at least

The example above would also mean that 2 units of a group occupy a building,

if a suitable building with at least one position in a radius of 50 meters was found.

The units hold it for 120 seconds. Then the building is not occupied for 600 seconds..

Caution, there are not many buildings / objects which work correctly.

Buildings which cause problems can be excluded

Yes, that doesn't work. It only works while the AI is patrolling on their standard waypoints but when they go into combat, I found they usually choose a position quickly and then sit and wait for 3-8 minutes... Tested with ASR and vanilla AI...

Then there is nothing you can do unfortunately... the BIS AI FSM routine takes over at that point (in combat) and without some heavy scripting it would be difficult to alter behaviour (I think there is an AI script out there that does this.. bCombat perhaps?)

What's this error and why am I getting it? I know "reason 10" is when there's no artillery available, but I don't know what reason 2 is :/

"Call arty support [East] aborted - reason 2"

What about AI in buildings?

In the past we've been using MCC's 'Fortify' feature - which causes all spawned AI to search for a building and occupy it. The problem with this is that the AI became brain-dead and you could shoot directly at it and it won't even duck for cover.

If I set a DAC Behaviour preset to 100% enter a building and make them stay there for 999999999 seconds, will they remain in the building when they are engaged? I would like them to react intelligently (duck, move around the building a bit) but not completely leave and go into 'combat' status.

I gave up on AI breaching and clearing buildings ( :P ) but I'm hoping there's other things that will make me happy ditching MCC GAIA for DAC.

What's this error and why am I getting it? I know "reason 10" is when there's no artillery available, but I don't know what reason 2 is :/

"Call arty support [East] aborted - reason 2"

#2 = number of units in Target-Group insufficient

see page 23 in the PDF manual

to adjust this setting in your DAC_Config_Arti look at:

_set0 = [20,[b]2[/b],0,30]

the 2nd (bolded) number is the setting you'll want to change - Min. number of units in Target-Group for strike to be executed

I gave up on AI breaching and clearing buildings ( :P ) but I'm hoping there's other things that will make me happy ditching MCC GAIA for DAC.

Not sure if it's still being developed but Zorilya's Garrison Script did a good job of getting guys into building positions and not being retarded. Perhaps check it out and see if you can integrate it with DAC - for example you can release units from DAC after spawning them and run a custom script on them.

Edited by SavageCDN

#2 = number of units in Target-Group insufficient

see page 23 in the PDF manual

to adjust this setting in your DAC_Config_Arti look at:

Thanks Savage. I did a Google, manual and forum search but the answer was right under my nose :rolleyes: I edited that value to '1' but still no change. The arty works fine on the flat where the units can see the enemy, but as soon as I put the arty in a remote location I get the same error over and over. DAC is pretty overwhelming when initially configuring it, and finding the right balance is definitely key. I'm trying to make a dynamic CQC mission in Kavala which is proving to be challenging in such a built up area Getting the Ai to enter and search buildings and balanced firefights has got to be key. (tips appreciated.)

Cheers

Ian

I could use some help with difficulty.

Currently I've tested with

_setSkill = [[0.6,0.8],[0.3,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.4,0.7],[0.3,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.2,0.8],[0.6,0.8],[0.4,0.8]];

They still feel really useless at long range but a little too dangerous from close range... How would you adjust this? :)

I could use some help with difficulty.

Currently I've tested with

_setSkill = [[0.6,0.8],[0.3,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.4,0.7],[0.3,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.4,0.8],[0.2,0.8],[0.6,0.8],[0.4,0.8]];

They still feel really useless at long range but a little too dangerous from close range... How would you adjust this? :)

Well arma AI skill is very tricky in my opinion, I don`t know how how it is counted but after testing I found my settings. What do you want from AI? Make them fight at long range (over 300m?) or what?

I use this settings: [[0.05,0.15],[0.6,0.8],[0.2,0.4],[0.2,0.4],[0.2,0.4],[0.2,0.3],[0.2,0.4],[0.1,0.2],[0.2,0.4],[0.1,0.2]];

and this on server:

serwer.png

With this setings in my missions AI are fighiting with you up to 500m, and they are very "suppersive" (a lot of bullets fly around you and close to you, not many in target, yet it can kill) sometimes it happend that AI fight with you over 500m but in that case they use vehicles. I add also video to show, how it works in missions (players had advantage as they attacked first) so watch few min. of firefight.

I known settings look "very low" but it work well in missions.

Edited by Przemro

I'll keep messing around with AI settings...

Anyhow, another question. I created a couple of zones (z1 & z2) and I created a zone that has a camp in it (z3) that I want to use to reinforce z1.

Here's the first zone:

fun = ["z1",[1,0,0],[4,1,16,12],[],[],[],[0,25,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

Here's the camp zone:

fun = ["z3",[3,0,0],[3,2,20,15],[],[],[1,3,50,1,100,10,[z1,z2]],[0,25,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

The camp respawns the dead guys but it never sends them to z1. Instead, it looks like 1 group is moving but all other groups get a MOVE command back towards the spawn camp...

What did I break? :p

fun =["z1",[1,0,0]...

and for next should be

fun = ["z3",[1,0,0]... and add just camp only, should work and send AI to z1

fun =["z1",[1,0,0]...

and for next should be

fun = ["z3",[1,0,0]... and add just camp only, should work and send AI to z1

Ah, I was afraid z1 troops will go back to z3 zone because they are shared... But if I don't set any waypoints there it should be fine! Thanks

Hi twisted,

please try to spawn the script instead of call the script ... it's only an idea.

Maybe it makes a different at this point.

Silola

Hi Silola,

thanks a lot for that suggestion. however it didnt work.

I've resorted to a rearm loop that goes through all units every 5 seconds and checks if they've been rearmed or not. thing is it doesnt always see DAC generated units even though im using a simple { // getvariable and rearm } foreach allunits loop. I'll try figure out why.

I learned of the unit setUnitPos "UP" command

How can I apply it to a specific DAC zone? It can be really useful for a DAC_Behavior where you set AI to enter buildings and stay there for 99999999 time - making CQB a real thing!

Thanks Savage. I did a Google, manual and forum search but the answer was right under my nose :rolleyes: I edited that value to '1' but still no change. The arty works fine on the flat where the units can see the enemy, but as soon as I put the arty in a remote location I get the same error over and over. DAC is pretty overwhelming when initially configuring it, and finding the right balance is definitely key. I'm trying to make a dynamic CQC mission in Kavala which is proving to be challenging in such a built up area Getting the Ai to enter and search buildings and balanced firefights has got to be key. (tips appreciated.)

Hmmm that sounds odd with the arty behaviour - are you using vanilla BIS units/assets? If not I would try with a default faction like BLU_F and the BLUFOR mortar or arty piece. Perhaps post your RPT file and DAC arty settings for me to look at.

Getting the AI into buildings is difficult - they will search them on regular patrols (this is configurable in DAC_Config_Behaviour) but they don't do a great job of clearing buildings even if there are known enemies inside (this is a BIS AI problem more than anything else). If you use the ALiVE mod it has a great CQB module that will populate an area - use DAC for the patrols and ALiVE CQB for guys posted up in buildings. Unfortunately this will not help out with searching/breaching but you could look at an AI mod for that (AISS, VCOM, etc).

Is there like a GUI tool for DAC settings?

There was talk of this a while back from the AMT guys but haven't seen anything concrete yet.

https://github.com/AMT85/A3-DAC-GUI

I learned of the unit setUnitPos "UP" command

How can I apply it to a specific DAC zone? It can be really useful for a DAC_Behavior where you set AI to enter buildings and stay there for 99999999 time - making CQB a real thing!

You can run a script on units spawned by DAC - see DAC_Config_Events for more info. The problem will be that you cannot use DAC to spawn the units inside the buildings.. they would need to spawn and move to building positions.

Edited by SavageCDN

Silola any plans to include HC support for DAC?

I was designing my first mission using DAC. Would it be possible to make the groups that DAC automatically generates to make "sense"? For example a "typical" fireteam composition in which one of the members is a team leader and avoid the presence of multiple "leader units" (squad leaders/team leaders/officers) in a group for example?

Of course!! Check the DAC_Config_Units file to make these changes. Better yet see the link in my sig for my config files:

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3/blob/master/dac_configs/dac/DAC_Config_Units.sqf

_Unit_Pool_S - these are for infantry units - the first three entries here are for vehicle crew, heli pilot, and team leader (note there must be at least 3 entries here). The rest of the units are randomly chosen to form the group.

Of course!! Check the DAC_Config_Units file to make these changes. Better yet see the link in my sig for my config files:

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3/blob/master/dac_configs/dac/DAC_Config_Units.sqf

_Unit_Pool_S - these are for infantry units - the first three entries here are for vehicle crew, heli pilot, and team leader (note there must be at least 3 entries here). The rest of the units are randomly chosen to form the group.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!!!! I will then create different cases in order to have different "_Unit_Pool_S" so that the unit compositions may make more "sense". In that way I should have what I want.

It is possible to initiate DAC without having to set up any trigger? in order to have every function set up and wait for the input of the call of "DAC_fNewZone" ? Seems when done as that there are some issues (waypoints are not given to the groups.)

It is possible to initiate DAC without having to set up any trigger? in order to have every function set up and wait for the input of the call of "DAC_fNewZone" ? Seems when done as that there are some issues (waypoints are not given to the groups.)

Answered myself, DAC_Direct_Start = true

^lol nice

Zriel also pointed out that the LOP unit configs on github need some correction - driver, pilot, teamleader format was not followed properly - will be fixing this later in the week.