SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

ICE_AGE can you give me some feedback in my PM box of your trials with dedi?

Fuller - welcome to come and see for yourself on our public mission. The Ac130 has been put to good use !

I noticed that the main cannon doesn't leave any explosion effects ? Just a very big boom and a crater ?

The GAU seems to work well, can't comment on the auto-cannon..

SJ

Fuller - welcome to come and see for yourself on our public mission. The Ac130 has been put to good use !

I noticed that the main cannon doesn't leave any explosion effects ? Just a very big boom and a crater ?

The GAU seems to work well, can't comment on the auto-cannon..

SJ

Are yall on right now i would love to come and see whats going on so i can collect some data send me a pm for the public mission address and stuff

ICE_AGE can you give me some feedback in my PM box of your trials with dedi?

yes i will did not had time to test this morning doing it now server is up and running so every one is welcome to join just need some addons

sti a10

f18

ac130

lifter

and you good to go

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

sorry if this has been asked before, but will this have something similar to John Spartan's service menu?

Thanks, and good luck! it's coming along great!

sorry if this has been asked before, but will this have something similar to John Spartan's service menu?

Thanks, and good luck! it's coming along great!

John Spartans service menu will be in majority of the aircraft

Hey Fuller, I've got some feedback for you.

Issues:

- I get an error message whenever I try to place the C5 in the editor, and it prevents me from placing it at all: Bad vehicle type USAF_SFS_Officer_Tan

- I also get two error messages from the AC-130, although I am able to place it in the editor and fly it: Cannot load texture ca\air_e\c130j\data\c130j_body_ti_ca.paa and No entry 'bin\config.bin/RcsTitles/Default.duration'.

- There seems to be a weird graphical glitch when firing the Gau 12 from the AC-130, where it seems that the explosions caused by the bullets create a seperate set of dustclouds besides them. Its the best way I can explain it but I also have screenshots of it. Note that I do use Blastcore A3, but I saw in your shocase video of the AC-130 on youtube that you use that mod aswell, have you found this problem?

- When turning on the lights at night in the KC-135, the entire cockpit gets flooded with light and there's so much glare on the canopy windows that its almost impossible to see what's happening in front of you. But maybe that's they way it is in the real thing aswell, you're the expert here ;).

Remarks:

- The balance of the weapons on the Ac-130 in terms of damage seems a little off. The Gau12 seems awfully powerfull, destroying buildings with a couple of hits, whilst the 40mm and the 105mm seem a little weak. Maybe I'm just a really bad shot but I couldn't make a platoon of CSAT artillery vehicle go up in flames using the 105. Even with a direct hit I could only disable its turret and its tracks. It seems to me that you should be able to destroy heavily armored targets with 1 or 2 hits of the 105, and perhaps 6 or 7 well placed shots of the 40mm.

Also, the explosions of the Gau12 seem a little excessive in my opinion, they're about as big as the explosions of the 40mm (again note that I am using blastcore). Which ammo classes did you assign to the weaponry on the AC-130?

- The engine exhaust of the B1B is very dim at night, it should be a lot brighter in my opinion, even with the afterburner on, is it barely visible.

(Future)Suggestions:

- Maybe it would be a good idea to implement somekind of feature for the B1B where the gunner/pilot is able to program certain dropsequences of the B1B. So instead of having to spam the fire button you could say: "I want 12 bombs to drop simultaneously from bombbay 1, and 8 to drop from bombbay 2 in succession with 0.5 seconds delay between them", something like that. Perhaps accompanied by a sweet MFD?

- I like the way the afterburners look on the B1B, some of the best shaders I've seen in Arma for a while, same goes for the ex. But do you think you could make them animated? In the sence of the afterburners spooling up just like the real thing instead of just appearing?

- Its cool that you gave the AC-130 a gunner seat for each gun, but Isn't there a single crewman the controls all the weapons on the real AC-130? I could be wrong, again, you served with the airforce so you probably know better than me. But regardless of its authenticity, wouldn't it be better if the player were able to switch between weapons themselves?

- I believe that some of the AC-130's guns don't have a muzzle flash yet. Don't know if that's on you're to do list or not, thought I'd metion it anyway. Also, I think I mentioned this before but aren't sure. Could you implement somekind of fixed aim/camera feature fo the AC-130? I'd try to ask LurchiDerLurch (LDL), if he is willing to help out he made some great scripts for the AC-130 in Arma 2. Maybe some could be ported over easily with his permission.

Other than that I must congratulate you, the aircraft have nice animations, and good looking models. Also I really enjoyed how good they handeled, each aircraft felt like the real deal flying it. Especially the B1B, which felt like a big figher aircraft, which it is essentially. Really looking forward to how this mod is going to advance.

Finally I made an imgur gallery of some screenshots with the issues I experienced that I explained above: http://imgur.com/a/xHJK5#0

the gau12 dos make to clouds

105 maybe needs a little bit more bum

the gau12 and the 40 mm are ok i think

Hey Fuller, I've got some feedback for you.

Issues:

- I get an error message whenever I try to place the C5 in the editor, and it prevents me from placing it at all: Bad vehicle type USAF_SFS_Officer_Tan

- I also get two error messages from the AC-130, although I am able to place it in the editor and fly it: Cannot load texture ca\air_e\c130j\data\c130j_body_ti_ca.paa and No entry 'bin\config.bin/RcsTitles/Default.duration'.

- There seems to be a weird graphical glitch when firing the Gau 12 from the AC-130, where it seems that the explosions caused by the bullets create a seperate set of dustclouds besides them. Its the best way I can explain it but I also have screenshots of it. Note that I do use Blastcore A3, but I saw in your shocase video of the AC-130 on youtube that you use that mod aswell, have you found this problem?

- When turning on the lights at night in the KC-135, the entire cockpit gets flooded with light and there's so much glare on the canopy windows that its almost impossible to see what's happening in front of you. But maybe that's they way it is in the real thing aswell, you're the expert here ;).

Remarks:

- The balance of the weapons on the Ac-130 in terms of damage seems a little off. The Gau12 seems awfully powerfull, destroying buildings with a couple of hits, whilst the 40mm and the 105mm seem a little weak. Maybe I'm just a really bad shot but I couldn't make a platoon of CSAT artillery vehicle go up in flames using the 105. Even with a direct hit I could only disable its turret and its tracks. It seems to me that you should be able to destroy heavily armored targets with 1 or 2 hits of the 105, and perhaps 6 or 7 well placed shots of the 40mm.

Also, the explosions of the Gau12 seem a little excessive in my opinion, they're about as big as the explosions of the 40mm (again note that I am using blastcore). Which ammo classes did you assign to the weaponry on the AC-130?

- The engine exhaust of the B1B is very dim at night, it should be a lot brighter in my opinion, even with the afterburner on, is it barely visible.

(Future)Suggestions:

- Maybe it would be a good idea to implement somekind of feature for the B1B where the gunner/pilot is able to program certain dropsequences of the B1B. So instead of having to spam the fire button you could say: "I want 12 bombs to drop simultaneously from bombbay 1, and 8 to drop from bombbay 2 in succession with 0.5 seconds delay between them", something like that. Perhaps accompanied by a sweet MFD?

- I like the way the afterburners look on the B1B, some of the best shaders I've seen in Arma for a while, same goes for the ex. But do you think you could make them animated? In the sence of the afterburners spooling up just like the real thing instead of just appearing?

- Its cool that you gave the AC-130 a gunner seat for each gun, but Isn't there a single crewman the controls all the weapons on the real AC-130? I could be wrong, again, you served with the airforce so you probably know better than me. But regardless of its authenticity, wouldn't it be better if the player were able to switch between weapons themselves?

- I believe that some of the AC-130's guns don't have a muzzle flash yet. Don't know if that's on you're to do list or not, thought I'd metion it anyway. Also, I think I mentioned this before but aren't sure. Could you implement somekind of fixed aim/camera feature fo the AC-130? I'd try to ask LurchiDerLurch (LDL), if he is willing to help out he made some great scripts for the AC-130 in Arma 2. Maybe some could be ported over easily with his permission.

Other than that I must congratulate you, the aircraft have nice animations, and good looking models. Also I really enjoyed how good they handeled, each aircraft felt like the real deal flying it. Especially the B1B, which felt like a big figher aircraft, which it is essentially. Really looking forward to how this mod is going to advance.

Finally I made an imgur gallery of some screenshots with the issues I experienced that I explained above: http://imgur.com/a/xHJK5#0

Thanks for the feedback Tuna. Majority of the errors you reported in your post have been noted and fixed for v 0.2

Ill take another look at the AC-130 damage values while i do agree with you that it should do some damage im trying to do a sort of balance thing so it wont be a ass raper with wings you feel me? the Gau-12 shots extremely fast and uses some of the biggest bullets available to the military so destroying a house easily seems pretty accurate to me. Piercing and Anti Tank rounds come on this AC-130 ill probably make one weaker and the other stronger. The explosions for the Gau-12 are pretty accurate ive seen it in RL during a excersice at huburt field in FL. I ill look into making it brighter at night because you are right..i also want to add in the sound of the afterburners going off my vets on here will agree with me the thing is LOUD when it takes off. Im currently looking into a method for delivery if anyone has any ideas or scripts that are currently out there that you feel could be apart of the B1 let me know. I want the AC-130 to mimic real life especially for the clans that have alot of active members this will benefit them more. In real life no one person has control over all the guns. If i was to add anything it would be a TV operator because there is one in there in RL. so no i wont be giving one person control over all guns. Im going to add in flash and smoke and stuff for when the weapons fire. I dont know how to fix the camera to where it stays on target..i will get in touch with LDL to see or if peral already knows how to do it ill let him do it.

Okay good to hear :)

One more thing about the AC-130 though. Isn't it then possible to set the occupied gunner positions as playable for all occupants as long as those places aren't taken by other players yet? Right now you can switch to any gunner seat from the pilot seat, but you can't switch to any of the other seats when you're a gunner. This way, if a single occupant is in the aircraft, only one gun is available for tasking, seems a little unpratical to me.

Also, I forgot to mention. It would be nice to have somekind of waypoint system for the AI to follow when you're in a gunner seat, otherwise any method to control the position of the center of the target area. Perhaps also the width of the target area and altitude.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

One more thing about the AC-130 though. Isn't it then possible to set the occupied gunner positions as playable for all occupants as long as those places aren't taken by other players yet? Right now you can switch to any gunner seat from the pilot seat, but you can't switch to any of the other seats when you're a gunner. This way, if a single occupant is in the aircraft, only one gun is available for tasking, seems a little unpratical to me.

Also, I forgot to mention. It would be nice to have somekind of waypoint system for the AI to follow when you're in a gunner seat, otherwise any method to control the position of the center of the target area. Perhaps also the width of the target area and altitude.

Keep up the good work!

When your in there by yourself you can switch between the guns and the pilot with no problem. Im trying to fix that issue with not being able to switch if you already a gunner. I dont know how to configure that..its something LDL did with his ac-130 script so ill make sure i ask him how he did it

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Keep up the good work!

When your in there by yourself you can switch between the guns and the pilot with no problem. Im trying to fix that issue with not being able to switch if you already a gunner. I dont know how to configure that..its something LDL did with his ac-130 script so ill make sure i ask him how he did it

It'd be killer to have an ac130 support script package similar to LDL, allowing AI to provide gunship support, or human take over :cool:

Do you have any plans for other bombs for the B1b? Like retarded bombs or cluster bombs?

here is a video.

The retarded bombs would allow the plane to come in low and fast to drop and not be splashes by its own drop (plus it would look awesome).

Das

fullerpj, nice mod..... it is great. Nice touch on the "Kansas" B-1 Bomber.....it's close to home.

I did some more research on the Gau12. I didn't know it was this big holy hell, and the Spooky has 2 of them? But then how much larger is the Gau8 Avenger in comparison, because those rounds look about as large as the 30mm ammo of the A10:

Edited by CyclonicTuna

The B1 will have the other bombs it's compatable with please be patient..it will be avaliable when the service menu is implemented. The ac-130u only has one GAU the older version had two .

The B1 will have the other bombs it's compatable with please be patient..it will be avaliable when the service menu is implemented. The ac-130u only has one GAU the older version had two .

but still is enough to kill any CSAT that think they are so cool

but still is enough to kill any CSAT that think they are so cool

Agreed :)

Dat C-5 sound doe! Awesome job man.

Noticed a lot of bugs but I am sure you will iron them out.

I just separated after 6 years of service as a SSGT, 4 of those years at Travis AFB (AMC) and let me tell you, that C-5 engine whine is unmistakable and took me back for a second. Good job on that and getting the nose cone to open so realistically. That hog needs a lot of runway space as is realistic. loved doing touch and goes like the pilots at aways do at Travis. The amount of fuel wasted, OMG lol. Altis actually looks a lot like northern california come to think of it.

Among a few bugs was being able to retract the landing gear upon take off but once I did my first touch and go I was unable to again and had to have the gear down for the duration of the turn around to final approach. :-/

Thanks for this man. Love it and looking forward to seeing everything ironed out and the textures improved.

Edited by CombatComm1

i know you really have a lot to do with your addons your working on at the moment but are you planing on making a F15 to some day ? just wondering

i know you really have a lot to do with your addons your working on at the moment but are you planing on making a F15 to some day ? just wondering

No randomslap is making one that will coordinate with this mod

No randomslap is making one that will coordinate with this mod
I understand that the KC-135 is also set up to support aerial refueling on dezkit's F-15C?

Yes it is

---------- Post added at 04:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

Update coming in the next week possibly this weekend. Majority of the errors reported have been fixed and working on the rest. Stay tuned