United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

Update on progress to everyone:

AC-130U is completly fixed with the exception of a very minor error that will be taken care of tommrow.

A-10C Warthog is complete with the exception of the Service menus loadout selector which John will be helping me with this weekend.

B-1B is 100% Complete

B2 I am currently working on will be done tommrow. Adding GPS and a special Bomb for the masses :)

This is where i am currently. Still learning the way of the MFD so as soon as i get that added to the planes we can get them out to you. I refuse to release a plane without a MFD that has some type of display. Sorry just being nitpicky. Anyways stay tuned.

Nice, very nice :) Looks like the weekend is going to be "massive Explosive" for larger CSAT Groups^^ :cool:

I am very excited :yay:

Awesome! Can't wait to start flying sorties with the B1B :D! One question, is the A10C the same A10 as the previously released A10 by Peral, is that one now part of the USAF package?

Ah yes the B2 finally. Just waiting on that E-3 sentry :yay: Going to be a great month for USAF mod feedback.

Great news! Will you be releasing AC-130U hotfix (since it's completely unplayable right now and the only one giving errors) or we need to wait for complete pack?

Awesome! Can't wait to start flying sorties with the B1B :D! One question, is the A10C the same A10 as the previously released A10 by Peral, is that one now part of the USAF package?

It pretty much is the same as his but no interactive cockpit. It's manily the cockpit still download his as his will be compatible with this mod also when he has free time to do so.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Great news! Will you be releasing AC-130U hotfix (since it's completely unplayable right now and the only one giving errors) or we need to wait for complete pack?

I know the AC-130 is probably the biggest grabber of this pack so I am weighing wether to release a standalone version. Stay tuned

What the current state of B-52 btw?

What the current state of B-52 btw?

Were going to put it back in...but it wont be released with this update that were going to get to you soon. The cockpit is not to my liking atm.

Edited by fullerpj

Were going to put it back in

Oh thank you fuller for adding the B-52 back into the pack, it'll be awesome. And can't wait for this mod to be released! mayn this will be exciting. Oh yeah on some of the planes like the C-5 Galaxy will you add a working altimeter? be much appreciated. Oh yeah with the C-17 will the office area be 3D? I went on a RAAF C-17 a while back and got a picture of that little corner.

Update: B-2 is now complete so is the C-5 and C-17

Hell - tha yeah United States Air Force team!!!!!!!! I can tell that you guys are firin' on all 8 cylinders and really working hard! It's the last minute touches for you guys and I don't want to add to your ready-up checklist,, but i do have a question and would like to hear what you all's thoughts are on it. as far as the multi-variant C-130's and C-5 and C-17's; How will players load and drop cargo/vehicles from these aircrafts??? I know on the premiere release of the mod igi-load was attatched to the addon itself (which i thought was mighty handy and convenient) but then it was taken away... Is there going to be a cargo system/HALO system involved with this re release or will igi load be compatible???

Id say a halo system is outside their mission statement. They are giving mission makers the tools, and its up to them to use them for roles like that(features like that require heavy script work). Integrated cargo vehicle system would be great, but will cause issues if these aircraft are physx capable

Id say a halo system is outside their mission statement. They are giving mission makers the tools, and its up to them to use them for roles like that(features like that require heavy script work). Integrated cargo vehicle system would be great, but will cause issues if these aircraft are physx capable

Thank You for helping to clear these questions up for me WarLord, but what is the use for like '5' cargo and transport planes if they have no functionality? Igiload was (at one time) ''built in'' to these cargo planes but was taken out. I thought fuller said he was taking it out in order to instate his own custom cargo system??

Will the planes such as the C-5, C-17 and B-2 have working altimeters? because atm the C-5 doesn't have a working altimeter and a couple of other planes such as the KC-135

Thank You for helping to clear these questions up for me WarLord, but what is the use for like '5' cargo and transport planes if they have no functionality? Igiload was (at one time) ''built in'' to these cargo planes but was taken out. I thought fuller said he was taking it out in order to instate his own custom cargo system??

I definitely have to agree with this statement. Also on the subject, with whatever cargo system you are using for this mod goes it work properly in terms of dropping/unloading vehicles? I was playing with the C-17 stand alone version you guys absorbed and when dropping on an airfield most of the time a vehicle would just fall through the floor.

I definitely have to agree with this statement. Also on the subject, with whatever cargo system you are using for this mod goes it work properly in terms of dropping/unloading vehicles? I was playing with the C-17 stand alone version you guys absorbed and when dropping on an airfield most of the time a vehicle would just fall through the floor.

The C17's cargo drop has not been fixed. I haven't gotten around on fixing that on the stand alone. We will work on this issue once we get around to it. The C17 may be released with this issue, but it should be fixed eventually.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

The C17 and the C5 have a PhysX LOD configured in the p3d, but it is not set to "airplaneX" in the config. We set a PhysX LOD because the geometry LOD conflicted with the A3 PhysX vehicles. So in order for a PhysX configured vehicles to enter the aircraft, we need a PhysX LOD configured in the aircraft's p3d.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Oh thank you fuller for adding the B-52 back into the pack, it'll be awesome. And can't wait for this mod to be released! mayn this will be exciting. Oh yeah on some of the planes like the C-5 Galaxy will you add a working altimeter? be much appreciated. Oh yeah with the C-17 will the office area be 3D? I went on a RAAF C-17 a while back and got a picture of that little corner.

I have posted some pictures of the office area in my stand alone C17 forum. I haven't textured it yet, but I think someone has already done that for me. However the office area is a simple 3d modeled area that I made in O2. I also made a bathroom hallway but it was just a giant extrusion on the wall. In between that, there are detailed stairs that lead to the cockpit.

The C17 and the C5 have a PhysX LOD configured in the p3d, but it is not set to "airplaneX" in the config. We set a PhysX LOD because the geometry LOD conflicted with the A3 PhysX vehicles. So in order for a PhysX configured vehicles to enter the aircraft, we need a PhysX LOD configured in the aircraft's p3d.

So in lay terms, Individual addon makers would need to create a compatibility 'PhysX LOD' and submit it to USAF to then have it added into a hotfix and then the aircraft would be able to transport those vehicles?

So in lay terms, Individual addon makers would need to create a compatibility 'PhysX LOD' and submit it to USAF to then have it added into a hotfix and then the aircraft would be able to transport those vehicles?

No, the C17 and the C5 will be compatible with A2 ported vehicles and A3 PhysX vehicles. So no need for addon makers to add a PhysX LOD.

The C17's cargo drop has not been fixed. I haven't gotten around on fixing that on the stand alone. We will work on this issue once we get around to it. The C17 may be released with this issue, but it should be fixed eventually.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

I have posted some pictures of the office area in my stand alone C17 forum. I haven't textured it yet, but I think someone has already done that for me. However the office area is a simple 3d modeled area that I made in O2. I also made a bathroom hallway but it was just a giant extrusion on the wall. In between that, there are detailed stairs that lead to the cockpit.

Well atleast thats good it's being textured :) I remember being a fridge in that little corner there on the C-17 I went on so if you really want to put a fridge there XD. Fuller how's the F-22 coming along?

Well atleast thats good it's being textured :) I remember being a fridge in that little corner there on the C-17 I went on so if you really want to put a fridge there XD. Fuller how's the F-22 coming along?

hey brother F22 is coming along please dont ask for updates on it..we will present updates when there and were ready :)

hey brother F22 is coming along please dont ask for updates on it..we will present updates when there and were ready :)

Roger. Be tots sick to fly that thing though. Will there be 2 versions with one the gold tint and the other regular? be a nice idea to do both :)

Roger. Be tots sick to fly that thing though. Will there be 2 versions with one the gold tint and the other regular? be a nice idea to do both :)

There is only one version of the cockpit glass, the "Gold Tint" you are referring to is how the glass reacts to certain lighting conditions.

Fuller, can you post some screenshots? :)

There is only one version of the cockpit glass, the "Gold Tint" you are referring to is how the glass reacts to certain lighting conditions.

Thats pretty cool with that, well you do have to agree with that considering you look at all the pictures of them and the angles they are on and depending on where the sun is facing towards them

Edited by PlasmaWerewolf