SGT Fuller

United States Air Force

Do you like the Air Force mod  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Air Force mod

• Yes, I love it
    • It's meh
    • No I hate it

I can't seem to figure out how to change guns on the AC130. I set the plane to autopilot, select a gun, but then I am locked into that choice. I can't back to the pilot's chair or change which weapon I am using. Am I missing something?

Do you have AI flying with you? it is the only reason why you would not be able to switch

Yeah, I do. Thanks! I'll give it a shot without AI. Really looking forward to using it in our coop sessions.

The F-35A is looking amazing guys keep up the good work! May I request some images on how the f-22 is looking? Also is the B-52 and B-2 Being currently worked on?

First of all my sincere admiration for the work you are putting forward.

There are a few issues I'd like to comment, please excuse me if they have been already covered:

- Turn Radius: I'm making a simple map where there are lighted taxiways and marked parking positions, testing my map I've realized that for instance the B1B has a way better turn radius than the C130's. Is it possible to make them turn in a realistic way?

- View from the cockpit: The B1B is a blaze to fly but when you try to land it on the mains you loose all sight from the runway because the instrument panel is on the way. Could you move the pilot position forward and up so you can see forward even at high pitch angles? That would help landing the Osprey too.

- CCIP: You probably have this is one already in mind but the B1B needs really bad some kind of weapon aiming system, either LGB or CCIP HUD.. That would also give meaning to the copilot station.

- Burst fire: The B1B needs also the capability to fire rounds of bombs with a single shot, perhaps in 1,8,16,32,64,All increments?

- Im working on a mission/campaign where air war has the main role, there is also infantery but the focus is on air operations. I'd love to have ILS capabilities on all planes for all weather ops.

Thanks!

Hey guys here is an update on the AC-130. Some of you old heads may remember the script from A2 but it is now on our AC130. It provides the most wanted features that most of you were wanting. The ability to change location, height and width in the air. The script needs alot of optimizing so if you are a skilled scripter and have the time hit me up. Anywayz Here is a video i did. Also got rid of the rocking and jumping on the C130 Series as well as the AC130

Hey guys here is an update on the AC-130. Some of you old heads may remember the script from A2 but it is now on our AC130. It provides the most wanted features that most of you were wanting. The ability to change location, height and width in the air. The script needs alot of optimizing so if you are a skilled scripter and have the time hit me up. Anywayz Here is a video i did. Also got rid of the rocking and jumping on the C130 Series as well as the AC130

NICE!! Thats so cool you guys got that working :D

Very good mod.

Want to report that the AC-130 Spooky cannot take off without getting damage...

thanks for the report it has already been taken care of

Used last version of AC-130, no other addons launched.

These errors accompaying this addon since first release. Sometimes causing mission kick all players back to lobby.

1.Launched game

https://pp.vk.me/c621822/v621822978/10ce4/uY4mTEWx-Rc.jpg (138 kB)

2.Starting mission with AC-130

https://pp.vk.me/c621822/v621822978/10cee/PpTLcspjbq4.jpg (114 kB)

3.Back in Main menu

https://pp.vk.me/c621822/v621822978/10cf8/Ktbi9Ug4Woc.jpg (108 kB)

Could I make the request for the Nighthawk to be in this pack and to also have the ability to apply the RAM to it, and to make it you have to take it off first before exiting the plane and that way making invisible to radar. (Sad to see them retire in 2018) and the vehicles are looking very good, Especially the F-35A. But will there just be kinda like a normal USAF skin for it?

EDIT: Question about the KC-135 how do you use the refueling part on it at the rear?

Edited by PlasmaWerewolf

Simply by testing the AC-130 in editor, I got these errors. Maybe already reported.

http://i.imgur.com/4pesiAB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UnbrCtV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8AeItnr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MJLWvLJ.jpg

And I don't know If there is a bug or something but the aim of the main gun do not calculate the deviation of the shell when I shoot. I explain.

If the plane goes to 300km/h and I target an house. I shoot, and the shell hits somewhere quite far on the right of the said house (even with the stabilization is working). This happens, because the aim should take in count the speed and of the plane and the distance of the house while angling the Howitzer. Doing this, the shell should obliterate the house. But I don't know if it's possible in Arma.

Anyway, keep rockin' guys !!

For some reason the ac-130 alone is doing this. But it doesn't use any of these items so I'm confused as to why those errors pop up for this aircraft. About the angle you were speaking about I understand as I have seen it myself..I don't think this can be fixed but I assure you with the new system things will be to your liking :)

Alot of updates going on in the USAF Mod. I know i keep on saying im going to post a update on such and such a day but i am looking to have some sort of release soon. Well i wont keep you in suspense this is whats been going on. We have been going through the mod with a fine comb and each plane one by one and amazingly the biggest one that has been giving off some wierd errors is only the AC-130. I dont know why it is giving off sound errors such as opfor_NVG and Bino errors but once its removed no more errors come up. We are working degiently to find the cause. On top of that though the AC-130s new Script has been completed by Lala14 and works wonderful. It takes care of the main features wanted by the A3 community which was mostly the ability to choose area, update area, height and width of your attack range. It also gives the ability to launch flares not seen in the previous version. The AC130 can now also be used in a AI fashion as seen in the video below. The bombers are nearly complete B1 is 90% with an installed CCIP script and GPS/INS system. The B2 is about 85% it will have the CCIP and GPS/INS installed shortly. The B52 sadly will be taken out of the pack plan due to in the armaverse there really isnt any need for bombers and saves time. The C17 is 100% done and will be in the very next update. The C-5 turn radius has been tweaked. The C130 Series no longer jumps like it did before. The KC135 no longer jumps and turn radius has been updated. The MQ9 and RQ4A turn radius has been updated and the errors are being fixed. Now on to the fighters. The F-16 is 99% complete the JSOW missile is all that stands in the way of release as for some reason its not being able to be locked on at a far distance like with the F35A in the video. The F22 all it needs are MFDs unforutnatly i am not good at implimenting them and have reached out for help with those. Once i get it the F22 is 100% done. The F15C is about 95% complete just have to change a few things as far as afterburners. The F35A is about 90% done. Working out its service menu and it will be done. Ok im done rambling but its coming along fairly well guys. Check out the video below and stay tuned.

Could I make the request for the Nighthawk to be in this pack and to also have the ability to apply the RAM to it, and to make it you have to take it off first before exiting the plane and that way making invisible to radar. (Sad to see them retire in 2018) and the vehicles are looking very good, Especially the F-35A. But will there just be kinda like a normal USAF skin for it?

EDIT: Question about the KC-135 how do you use the refueling part on it at the rear?

Sorry wolf i didnt see your questions at first. The F35A will have an operational skin this one is the test skin like post production before operation. The Nighthawk wont be added to this pack because it is a retired aircraft for one and two because i dont want to add anymore assets to this mod. The current amount is enough. Yes for the KC135 it refules from the rear depending on if the aircraft has a female portion or male portion. Majority of the aircraft in this mod have female portions. I believe only the HH60 has a male portion. the basket fuel for the male portions was put in this mod more for Johns F18, Konyo's chinook. But other aircraft as long as they incooperate the needed points can be refueled by the KC135 or the MC-130

Sorry wolf i didnt see your questions at first. The F35A will have an operational skin this one is the test skin like post production before operation. The Nighthawk wont be added to this pack because it is a retired aircraft for one and two because i dont want to add anymore assets to this mod. The current amount is enough. Yes for the KC135 it refules from the rear depending on if the aircraft has a female portion or male portion. Majority of the aircraft in this mod have female portions. I believe only the HH60 has a male portion. the basket fuel for the male portions was put in this mod more for Johns F18, Konyo's chinook. But other aircraft as long as they incooperate the needed points can be refueled by the KC135 or the MC-130

Whoops didn't see that the nighthawk retired. Said they were scheduled to retire in 2018. Anyway will you plan to add the USAF skin for the F-35A shortly? I also agree with not having the B-52, I'd say theres enough bombers in this pack atm, the B-1B, B-2, and basically thats all. What else could you want? oh yeah could I ask for some pictures on the F-22 and the B-2?

what about the B-2 ?

BTW is there any guide for flying the AC-130 gunship?

Every time I try to turn on the autopilot I get this message "You must be at least 1200 m above the Terrain and the aircraft must be within 5 degrees of level" and whatever maneuvers I make... I cant get it to work.

I know that I have to align the plane to the target (somehow) but 'how' is the question.