m1lkm8n

Jalalabad, Afghanistan---By M1lkm8n and Smokedog

What is the biggest map you can have in A3?

Looking forward to this new playground...

Ah okay, I see, it looked sorta like you guys used some sort of terrain modelling tool for it, but I guess I was wrong :P

Anyways, I have a question about L3DT, I have been creating the actual terrain hightmap with GeoControl 2, but it appears that the hightmap size is to big for the basic l3dt version, in the video I was watching they only really used l3dt to smooth the terrain and adjust the water level, is this needed or can I Just import the hightmap directly into TerrainBuilder?

Also, if I do need to do something like that to the map, is there another tool I could use that allows hightmap sizes of 4096 and higher?

no tech. you don't need l3dt. I use it for the basic sat map and sat normal map but you can bypass it if you know what your doing. although for 38$ it really is a great program to have.

What is the biggest map you can have in A3?

Looking forward to this new playground...

well as far as heightmap goes I think 8192 is the biggest allowed my terrainbuilder tho I know bushlurker was having some major problems with that size so I think were limited to 4096. then you can times that by whatever cell size you choose..not sure of the limit there I never looked :)

-edit

check out the main page..a new video was added :)

Edited by M1lkm8n

That look looks really great!

Also, do you know any great terrain builder tutorials? I need to figure it out!

Edited by Evanw1256

That look looks really great!

Also, do you know any great terrain builder tutorials? I need to figure it out!

Www.Armamapmaking.info

Edited by M1lkm8n

I'm super duper excited for the progress of Jalalabad! It's a great area for operations.

Good luck to you guys ;)

Any rough time frame for completing the terrain?

I'm super duper excited for the progress of Jalalabad! It's a great area for operations.

Good luck to you guys ;)

Any rough time frame for completing the terrain?

Currently we're still creating and porting models. So not yet :)

New wip video of more buildings upgraded to A3. Were almost done with the houses then on to the military buildings so we can start placement on the terrain.

Very nice:)

Not bad but no more mountain shots?

Not bad but no more mountain shots?

Just for you. Tonight. :D

Nice, thanks!

heres that video as promised..please note the sat map is fairly poor..the normals are very harsh and there is only one ground texture in play for now. obviously there is much work to be done. Our main focus at the moment is asset creation

also my poor landing as my rudder pedals weren't plugged in :p

heres that video as promised..please note the sat map is fairly poor..the normals are very harsh and there is only one ground texture in play for now. obviously there is much work to be done. Our main focus at the moment is asset creation

also my poor landing as my rudder pedals weren't plugged in :p

No worries as I use a twist stick so... looks good man, I'm sold :D

Yea the terrain if you look at a real map start at the south west right by jalalabad airport and goes north up to the mountains. We've captured the main city, plenty of outlying villages and the surrounding mountains which I'm sure will lead to some intense firefights

Not only that but will serve good for my CAS Qual course I'm doing with my clan so it all works out :)

Keep this project going! Arma needs a lot of big terrains! this is amazing so far!

"Rougly 27000m" means 27km x 27km? :o

Good luck guys. This is going to be a good quality terrain with this team for sure.

love the fact that you are showing your progress from nearly start to finish. most map makers wait until they have a decent amount of the map complete to show it off. this will truly be interesting to watch develop. keep us in the loop :)

It's always good to show the WIP stuff as it goes along. One, it generates interest and helps the modders realize errors, etc.

Hey guys I missed our wip Wednesday report to I'll give it to you today. (Which btw we will try to give those wip update once a week in the beginning as a lot is going on. They will probably taper off as the development goes on though)

Anyway we've been busy playing crane and working on building ports/upgrades.

Now we just need to create an attachto script so we can pick up and drop stuff.

great job on this steve looks and works well, we just need the trucks and trailers and we got sim crane and truck sim for a3

Awesome progress so far, huge fun of Sangin, extremely excited to run a few ops in Afghanistan again.