genesis92x

Vcom AI V2.0 - AI Overhaul

I'm having trouble getting VCOM AI 2.5 working on our dedicated server and was hoping someone could help with the following questions?

1) Is VCOM AI a server side mod or do both the client and server need it installed?

2) Version 2.5 came with an hpp user config. Is this correct or should it be an sqf?

3) If VCOM is needed server and client side, do the clients also need the user config file?

EDIT: When I run the mod client side and server side with user configs (Arma3/userconfig/VCOM_AI/AISettingsV2.hpp) client and server side, the mod seems to load default settings and nothing I change affects the AI reactions. File patching is activated on the server but not on the clients.

In the config where it says VCOM_AIConfig = "Userconfig folder"; 

Am I supposed to put the file directory of the user config there or is that just a variable that indicates that the userconfig is located there. 

Razor

I remember running on server, Yes userconfig was in the game directory already,(if theres not one make a new folder userconfig) so that's where it went. If U change the default settings in functions sqf as well shouldn't be any room for error. remember use a subfolder in the userconfig call it vcomAi !

I remember running on server, Yes userconfig was in the game directory already,(if theres not one make a new folder userconfig) so that's where it went. If U change the default settings in functions sqf as well shouldn't be any room for error. remember use a subfolder in the userconfig call it vcomAi !

Yeah so I got an older version working perfectly where the user config is an sqf and client file patching is allowed

But for some reason with the latest version that has the hpp user config, it doesnt pick up the user config and goes to default settings. I know I can edit them in the mod but seems like a crude fix for such a good mod

Hi Genesis.

Was hoping you could just quickly answer this question.

Will AI turn on flashlights if they do not have NVG's or would they throw glowstick and flares if they have them available in their apparel?

Thanks

Twak!

:blink: Can someone direct me on how to install the script version please? i cant seem to find instruction

first paste the vcom ai folder in the mission folder and then paste the init.sqf file in the mission folder. u will need a pbo extracter to use on an existing file.

Genisis can you please put this on steam along with vcom driving. ASR ai just got added and my community may be torn between urs and asr. I prefer yours but that is a big sway for ease of use and accessibility.

when using vcom ai (not the driving one) in altis liberation, the ai mod breaks the prison/pow portion of the game, making it increasing difficult to play as it results you in being under constant assult. when I say that this mod breaks the pow ai, what it does it make the pow not listen to pretty much any orders you give it. the goal for pow is for you to return it to base to get information, but the pow refusing the obey orders makes him useless and usually results in someone from your game shooting him in the face for insubordination. is there anyway to fix this? the pows are not static units and are randomly generated after capturing a town so cannot add a tag to their units.

Hi Genesis.

Loving the mod so far. But sometimes it seems as though the AI wont patrol or follow waypoints. 

Seems that rapid waypoints to the leader in quick succession seems to snap them out of it. But only sometimes.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Regards

Twak

Everything seems fine, my only issue is sometimes units will go to a crawl and be stuck in a crawling stance forever.

If I am using the script version of VCom, does the server need to have the files or is it ok if the mission folder has it, because there is one folder that says install me but I cant do that as I just make the missions.

Genesis, I added VCOM AI driving to one of my missions last night and you sir are a genius. :)

Thank you. It works really really well!

I used VCOM the Driving Mod-uses that word lightly-since it just makes vanilla work better. Lets just say the AI can finally drive.

For a total noob please someone. I just want to try this ai in my own SP editor.

I just download the non-script version.

I add it as an @mod

I put the USERCONFIG in the root directory.

Enable the mod in launcher.

Is this all I have to do?

What about the in game difficulty menu skill and precision setting? Do I leave on regular? Custom?

Many thanks for whoever takes the time to answer these.

That should do the trick, though I don't know if you need to have filepatching activated even when you just play SP. So better turn it on! ^^

From what I know, the difficulty settings are overwritten by the mod (the userconfig file)
@Everybody: Correct me if I'm tlking s**t! xD

Thanks moon. How will I know it's working?

Not sure how to file patch. Hehe...like I said....modding noob.

I see on OP he has a third file. Difficulty settings. I'll take a look.

Is he still updating this mod?

Many thanks again.

You basically see it in the way how the AI reacts to you and to anything else. (E.g. When the move to a position they move from cover to cover instead of stupidly running towards you)

I just recommend the BIwiki ^^ (But this one is not so easy to find so I'm going to link it)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options

To make it short, you need to add -filePatching to the startup parameter.

OP?

Who, genesis? You mean if he still works on VCom? Yes he does! (From what I can see)

Ok I was using it without file patching but will change that . Moon......thanks again.

If it is required maybe he Should put that in notes for noobs like me.

I hope that explains the strange things I saw. Had a company of Russians infantry (CUP) attack camp Rogain that had a squad defending it with a Hold waypoint. The attack started fine but everyone just stopped in place after awhile and nobody did anything. Some of the squads had no casualties at all yet would not move.

Ok so the in game menu difficulty settings have no effect. Leave on normal I guess.

<shrugs>

Couple more question. I hope I'm not too much of a pain.

1. I make an OPFOR linked with a request module linked to a support model linked to a group of 3 nearby mortars (but out of sight). Will the vCOM AI user these to call fire on my base he can see? I have yet to see this. Do I need to use the support modules at all?

2. I like to drop an ammo box in the middle of my fire base. I am not the leader. I hear the troops say "out of ammo" quite a bit and I hear the leader tell them to rearm but I don't see them go to the box? Are they suppose to? Why do they cry out of ammo at start when they are not? When they are truly out of ammo will they use the box?

I hope Genesis shows up. I want to thank him for the fun.

1. I make an OPFOR linked with a request module linked to a support model linked to a group of 3 nearby mortars (but out of sight). Will the vCOM AI user these to call fire on my base he can see? I have yet to see this. Do I need to use the support modules at all?

2. I like to drop an ammo box in the middle of my fire base. I am not the leader. I hear the troops say "out of ammo" quite a bit and I hear the leader tell them to rearm but I don't see them go to the box? Are they suppose to? Why do they cry out of ammo at start when they are not? When they are truly out of ammo will they use the box?

They cry out of ammo because despite numerous requests, BIS simply will not fix this. It's annoying as all hell.

I now just disable AI speaking sounds altogether.

Either place "enableSentences false;" in the player's init field to shut up specific units or just add it to an init.sqf file in the mission root to shut everybody up.

Biggest problem is AI sees me through bushes when they shouldn't but I guess this is arma problem forever.

Good thing there are desert maps!

For #1, its b/c VCOMAI takes over the sides, not sure IF Genesis has it set up for that usage. I dont think so. May be try without support modules and see if it rains steel.

#2, turn off AI, place

enableSentences false;

in init.sqf file like the above post.

I don't understand the AISettingsV2.hpp file, if it's in the root folder will it also be included in the mission? or will all clients need it installed?

• Like 1

Hmmmmm....

AI doesn't seem to respond to calls for help even when area is increased to 2000 and they are 1000 away.

Known bug?

Something you forgot to mention in the OP is whether or not this can exist solely as a server-side mod (-serverMod rather than -mod).  I'd like to know whether I need people to use this mod when connecting to my server.