giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hello,

26 minutes ago, dvdbrewster said:

Could you tell me what to change/rename?

Just follow this: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#1-add-new-vehicle-to-hm

31 minutes ago, dvdbrewster said:

The vehicles are same-vanilla vehicles but for 1..is mrap rhs usaf.

This is weird. Try reset your database with the ACE interaction/db delete

Cheers

50 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just follow this: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#1-add-new-vehicle-to-hm

This is weird. Try reset your database with the ACE interaction/db delete

Cheers

Yes this worked fine.. Another..  Is there a plan or a small edit that could set cargo size available in Garage spawn vehicles to more?   

2 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

Yes this worked fine.. Another..  Is there a plan or a small edit that could set cargo size available in Garage spawn vehicles to more?   

What IS wrong with this? (sit on a stretcher)  stretcher init field        [cursorTarget, 0, ["ACE_sitting"], call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject];

OR this ?   [(stretcher_1, is Kind of Chair),(ACE_sitting ,can sit,true]].;                                                                     😁

2 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

Is there a plan or a small edit that could set cargo size available in Garage spawn vehicles to more?   

You can't, it is BI Garage

You can tweak like it has been done here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/eh/server.sqf#L148-L152

22 minutes ago, dvdbrewster said:

What IS wrong with this? (sit on a stretcher)  stretcher init field        [cursorTarget, 0, ["ACE_sitting"], call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject];

OR this ?   [(stretcher_1, is Kind of Chair),(ACE_sitting ,can sit,true]].; 

No idea, ask ACE Team

• Thanks 1

Hey you've helped me quite a bit and I'm constantly learning more and adding small things to the mission. Recently I've been trying to add the virtual supply module and it works dropping the BTC arsenal by first initialising ACE arsenal and then calling
"[_this, btc_p_arsenal_Type, btc_p_arsenal_Restrict, btc_custom_arsenal] call btc_arsenal_fnc_data;"

One thing I've noticed thoughw hen testing on dedicated is that the virtually spawned vehicle will somehow not get deleted after dropping the crate. Instead it will land to the nearest base / airport and from then on be treated like any other vehicle that is in the btc_vehicles array.

Is there any way to exclude the vehicle being put into this array- or have it deleted when players are x meters away? I was looking at the fnc/veh/add.sqf but I'm not sure setting the variable "btc_dont_delete" to false will work, as the vehicle is not dead when it lands.

Hello,

16 hours ago, lukio said:

Instead it will land to the nearest base / airport and from then on be treated like any other vehicle that is in the btc_vehicles array.

Yes this is intended http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#2-in-game

16 hours ago, lukio said:

Is there any way to exclude the vehicle being put into this array- or have it deleted when players are x meters away?

You need to code your own function here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/arsenal/garage.sqf

You may replace btc_log_fnc_createVehicle with your own

Cheers

On 7/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Yes this is intended http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#2-in-game

You need to code your own function here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/arsenal/garage.sqf

You may replace btc_log_fnc_createVehicle with your own 

Cheers

Ok thank you for the detailed answer - I suspected it's intended - it's not a huge issue, just need to evaluate how much work it is to change. 🕵️‍♂️

How exactly do you get steamID player persistence instead of slot persistence? We have changed the players share slots option on and off, and never noticed a difference. 

Hello,

20 hours ago, keIIy said:

How exactly do you get steamID player persistence instead of slot persistence?

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/slot/createKey.sqf#L29

20 hours ago, keIIy said:

We have changed the players share slots option on and off, and never noticed a difference. 

Try with the last version here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases

Also read slot persistence section:

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

We have tried it with both of these options and we haven't noticed much of a difference. From what we understand, we want the loadout of the player to save based on their ID, not their slot. We want to be able to join any slot and have the loadout you had last session. Instead, when players join, they are joining with the loadout of the player that last used that slot, and not their loadout. Player A will have player B's loadout and vice versa. Is this correct, or are we misunderstanding what this does?

Edit: I've read the documentation, and I understand what the option does now, but I do wish that there was an option to tie persistence strictly to a user's ID, that way, they wouldn't have to be concerned about using the same slot every single time. Either way, we're really enjoying the mission.

8 hours ago, keIIy said:

I've read the documentation, and I understand what the option does now, but I do wish that there was an option to tie persistence strictly to a user's ID

Slot are used to select role (medic, enginner, etc) and limit the amount of same role in a single session.

The mission is not player centered but coop. When you select a slot, you select a character that can be play by an other player later

Hello,

I have a problem saving the mission.

When saving the mission, vehicles and ammo boxes that were previously moved are not being saved in their new positions, but in their original positions.

How can I resolve this?

OBS: Some items that were changed places were not generated through the red box of logistics.

Thanks!!

Even after a couple respawns,  showers etc. Restarted and used the save,  I still get chemical burn injury and must heal all the time.

Hello,

On 7/16/2023 at 10:28 PM, dvdbrewster said:

Even after a couple respawns,  showers etc. Restarted and used the save,  I still get chemical burn injury and must heal all the time.

May be you contaminate vehicles around you

Also dead body are contaminated

Cheers

Hello,

Is it possible to tow helicopters?

Hello!!!! 🙂 

I have seen the instructions on how to remove a specific unit from the Ai that will spawned in the game. Can you give me an example how to properly edit the line in the mission.sqf? For example, i do not want unitMG to be spawned in game

//Sometimes you need to remove units: - ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
//Sometimes you need to add units: + ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
switch (_p_en) do {
    /*case "Myfactionexemple" : {
        btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
        btc_type_divers = btc_type_divers + ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
        btc_type_crewmen = "Blabla";
        btc_type_boats = btc_type_boats;
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized;
        btc_type_mg = btc_type_mg;
        btc_type_gl = btc_type_gl;
    };*/
    case "OPF_G_F" : {
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed + ["I_Heli_light_03_F"];
    };
    case "IND_C_F" : {
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F", "I_G_Quadbike_01_F", "I_G_Van_01_fuel_F", "I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed + ["I_Heli_light_03_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F"];
        btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["I_C_Soldier_Camo_F"];
    };

Many thanks

Hello,

We're having issues with custom locations. We put the example you have in define_mod.sqf

btc_custom_loc = [
[[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174],"NameVillage","Mountain 1",800,800,true]

];

But then we run into an error

params [
["_position", [0, 0, 0], [[]]],>
 1:42:42   Error position: <params [
 1:42:42   Error Params: Type Number, expected Bool
 1:42:42 File C:\Users\julia\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\J%2e%20Kelly\missions\114Pulau.pulau\core\fnc\city\create.sqf, line 29
 1:42:42 Error in expression <

params [
 1:42:42   Error position: <params [
 1:42:42   Error Params: Type Bool, expected Number

I have no idea what is happening. I've tried looking all over the forums but no one has seemed to run into this.

hey,

is there any way to add the ACE restricted Arsenal to another box? I used this:

this addAction["Open Arsenal", {[uh60, player, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_openBox}];

but all the Items I blacklisted are still there. It works perfectly on btc_gear_object.

Thanks!

Hello,

On 8/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, senqa20 said:

is there any way to add the ACE restricted Arsenal to another box? I used this: 

Yes, hum may be you just have to add this line to your init box https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L235

But replace btc_gear_object with "this", not sure if it will works

Or you can copy and paste in the file those lines

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L235C68-L235C130

and replace all reference to btc_gear_object to the name you gave in the Eden editor to your box

On 8/13/2023 at 7:48 AM, keIIy said:

We put the example you have in define_mod.sqf

You wrongly copy and paste it: please copy and paste it again: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/define_mod.sqf#L5

You are using a 3 years old syntax

On 8/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, marchiemike said:

Can you give me an example how to properly edit the line in the mission.sqf?

You need to know the class name of your unit (send it I will show you if needed) and follow the example given in the mission.sqf you quoted

Good luck guys

• Like 2

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.23.4 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Param.hpp changed.
  • Mission.sqm not changed.
  • FIX: Missing factions and add Spearhead 1944 CDLC (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Remove ;; (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Use CBA loadout for ACRE radio (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

You need to know the class name of your unit (send it I will show you if needed) and follow the example given in the mission.sqf you quoted

Good luck guys

Here is the classnames of the ones I do not want to spawn in . Can you show me how the code should be written so I can use it in my other Hearts and Minds maps. cheers

- ["UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_ZU23",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_V3S_Zu23",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Ural_Zu23",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BMP1",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BTR40",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BTR40_MG",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BTR60",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_BMP",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_KPVT",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_PKT",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BRDM2_ATGM",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BRDM2",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_BRDM2_HQ",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_GMG",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Rocket_Arty",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Mortar",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Rocket",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Spg9",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Zu23_Front",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Hilux_Zu23",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_LR_AGS30",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_LR_SPG9",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_LR_SF_AGS30",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_UAZ_AGS30",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_UAZ_SPG9",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_2b14_82mm",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_D30",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_Igla_AA_pod",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_AGS",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_KORD",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_KORD_high",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_SPG9",
"UK3CB_TKM_O_ZU23"];

Also, I have set respawn location to FOB/Rallypoint

However, when I disconnect from server and reconnect in other day, I get spawned in the location where I exactly disconnected.

I was really hoping to find a way where I can just spawn /respawn in just one define location (like wherever I placed the <respawn_west> invisible marker in 3den)

cheers

10 hours ago, marchiemike said:

Can you show me how the code should be written so I can use it in my other Hearts and Minds maps. cheers

Hello,

That is a long list, you need to separate them by unit, (divers?), (boats?), motorized, static mg and gl. Then do something like this:

case "UK3CB_TKM_O" : {
    btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
    btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_ZU23","UK3CB_TKM_O_V3S_Zu23","UK3CB_TKM_O_Ural_Zu23"]
    btc_type_mg = btc_type_mg - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_Igla_AA_pod"];
    btc_type_gl = btc_type_gl - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_Igla_AA_pod"];
};

Don't have the time to sort all of them sorry

However, when I disconnect from server and reconnect in other day, I get spawned in the location where I exactly disconnected.

H&M is fully persistent so you can't, but most of the time people deploy FOB and enable redeploy to base from FOB option

So at the end of an operation they just join the closer FOB to come back home when no pilot is available

spawn /respawn

You can suicide yourself with abort in A3 menu

Cheers