giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

On 8/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

That is a long list, you need to separate them by unit, (divers?), (boats?), motorized, static mg and gl. Then do something like this:

case "UK3CB_TKM_O" : {
    btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
    btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_MTLB_ZU23","UK3CB_TKM_O_V3S_Zu23","UK3CB_TKM_O_Ural_Zu23"]
    btc_type_mg = btc_type_mg - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_Igla_AA_pod"];
    btc_type_gl = btc_type_gl - ["UK3CB_TKM_O_Igla_AA_pod"];
};

Don't have the time to sort all of them sorry

Thanks!! I got the idea. How would I know which type is which?  Like how can I find out "UK3CB_TKM_O_D30",which type these belongs?  Is there a way in Eden that will show which type a unit belongs? many thank sagain

On 8/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Vdauphin said:

H&M is fully persistent so you can't, but most of the time people deploy FOB and enable redeploy to base from FOB option

So at the end of an operation they just join the closer FOB to come back home when no pilot is available

You can suicide yourself with abort in A3 menu

Cheers

Does it mean I will always spawn in the same location where I disconnected?

And the only work around is to suicide then Abort ?

Hello,

6 hours ago, marchiemike said:

How would I know which type is which? 

Well if you decide to remove them you should already know their type, you should be able to differentiate them between unit, motorized vehicles...

Like how can I find out "UK3CB_TKM_O_D30",which type these belongs?

I don't know what is this but you should be able to search in the eden editor and spawn to see if it is a unit or vehicles...

Does it mean I will always spawn in the same location where I disconnected? 

On 11/30/2022 at 8:02 PM, Vdauphin said:

Slot persistence:

• Now all slots available on mission start screen persist between player disconnection. This means each time a player disconnects, load out, position and medical status is saved and restored the next time this slot is occupied by the same or another player. This behavior is similar to the vehicle as they stay in place when players leave them.
  • A mission setting allows to have for each player a different save for each slot.

And the only work around is to suicide then Abort ?

No, just ask a pilot to pick you up. This basically allow people to play long term operation and make pilot not pointless

Cheers

Well if you decide to remove them you should already know their type, you should be able to differentiate them between unit, motorized vehicles...

I would like to remove some civilian units and vehicles. I have entered their classnames as shown below but an error occurs. can you please have a look of what ive done wrong here? many thanks 

switch (_p_en) do {
    /*case "Myfactionexemple" : {
        btc_type_divers = btc_type_divers + ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];
        btc_type_crewmen = "Blabla";
        btc_type_boats = btc_type_boats;
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized;
        btc_type_mg = btc_type_mg;
        btc_type_gl = btc_type_gl;
    };*/
    case "OPF_G_F" : {
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed + ["I_Heli_light_03_F"];
    };
    case "IND_C_F" : {
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F", "I_G_Quadbike_01_F", "I_G_Van_01_fuel_F", "I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed + ["I_Heli_light_03_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F"];
        btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["I_C_Soldier_Camo_F"];
    };
	case "UK3CB_CHC_C" : {
		btc_civ_type_units = btc_civ_type_units - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_CAN",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_SPY",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_PROF",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_BODYG",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_COACH",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_DOC",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_FUNC",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_PILOT",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_POLITIC",
"UK3CB_CHC_C_PRIEST"];
        btc_civ_type_veh = btc_civ_type_veh - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_Ikarus";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Landcruiser";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Octavia";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Pickup";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Sedan";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Skoda";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_S1203";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV_Armoured";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Gaz24";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Antonov_AN2";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_DC3";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Mi8AMT";
"UK3CB_CHC_C_Golf"];
	};
};

Thanks very much! my bad. no errors now, but the classnames that I have included in the array to be removed is still appearing in the game. any idea why?

9 hours ago, marchiemike said:

Thanks very much! my bad. no errors now, but the classnames that I have included in the array to be removed is still appearing in the game. any idea why?

The switch is for enemy faction (_p_en) not civilian faction

Move your statement thing out of the switch scope

Cheers

Good Afternoon Vdauphin

First of all, thanks for your job with that amazing dinamic mission.

I would like to know if there is any way to have permanent units (OPFOR in my case).

What i want to do is to manually put some "red" units inside of the city range, but i need them to stay there no matter if i get in and out.

And basically now these units despawn when i get out of the zone.

Hello,

Thank you!

No sadly there is no way to avoid this

Cheers

On 9/30/2023 at 9:22 PM, Vdauphin said:

The switch is for enemy faction (_p_en) not civilian faction

Move your statement thing out of the switch scope

Cheers

Hello, Thank you, Im not very good at coding🤣 . When you said move out the thing out of the switch scope. Here's what I did. Is this correct? I tried it with this but still some of the civilians that is on the list still spawned in. 

switch (_p_en) do {
    };*/
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
    };
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized + ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F", "I_G_Quadbike_01_F", "I_G_Van_01_fuel_F", "I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered_F"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed + ["I_Heli_light_03_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F"];
    };
};

case "UK3CB_CHC_C" : {
        btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_CAN","UK3CB_CHC_C_SPY","UK3CB_CHC_C_PROF","UK3CB_CHC_C_BODYG","UK3CB_CHC_C_COACH","UK3CB_CHC_C_DOC","UK3CB_CHC_C_FUNC","UK3CB_CHC_C_PILOT","UK3CB_CHC_C_POLITIC","UK3CB_CHC_C_PRIEST"];
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_Ikarus","UK3CB_CHC_C_Landcruiser","UK3CB_CHC_C_Octavia","UK3CB_CHC_C_Pickup","UK3CB_CHC_C_Sedan","UK3CB_CHC_C_Skoda","UK3CB_CHC_C_S1203","UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV","UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV_Armoured","UK3CB_CHC_C_Gaz24","UK3CB_CHC_C_Antonov_AN2","UK3CB_CHC_C_DC3","UK3CB_CHC_C_Mi8AMT","UK3CB_CHC_C_Golf"];
};

You nearly get it

switch (_p_en) do {
    };*/
    };
    };
};

btc_type_units = btc_type_units - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_CAN","UK3CB_CHC_C_SPY","UK3CB_CHC_C_PROF","UK3CB_CHC_C_BODYG","UK3CB_CHC_C_COACH","UK3CB_CHC_C_DOC","UK3CB_CHC_C_FUNC","UK3CB_CHC_C_PILOT","UK3CB_CHC_C_POLITIC","UK3CB_CHC_C_PRIEST"];
btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized - ["UK3CB_CHC_C_Ikarus","UK3CB_CHC_C_Landcruiser","UK3CB_CHC_C_Octavia","UK3CB_CHC_C_Pickup","UK3CB_CHC_C_Sedan","UK3CB_CHC_C_Skoda","UK3CB_CHC_C_S1203","UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV","UK3CB_CHC_C_SUV_Armoured","UK3CB_CHC_C_Gaz24","UK3CB_CHC_C_Antonov_AN2","UK3CB_CHC_C_DC3","UK3CB_CHC_C_Mi8AMT","UK3CB_CHC_C_Golf"];

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the mission on the map kardazak:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2994796909

When starting there is the error message:

core\fnc\hideout\create.sqf..., line80 ...c_setPlayerTrigger; [{(this is select 0) |#|findEmptyPositionReady (_this select 1)... Error Type Any, expected Numer

All hideouts spawn on a point outside the map very close to each other. Nearby you can also see a pungt in the debug with the name <null> ID >null> -empty Can someone give me a workaround or help with the problem?

Hello everyone,I have a problem with the map on the map of Seattle(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865395754)

I follow the guide of the "Change Map"(http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds)wannna to put the mission in the map of the "Seattle"

but when i try to host the mission,SERVER side problem is stuck at "Reading mission ..." PLAYER side problem is stuck at"receiving xxxx" but player could choice a role.

I want to know is that i doing wrong at change map or something elsse?

Thanks for you work!

Edited by HCLI-ARNO
add some explan word

17 hours ago, HCLI-ARNO said:

Hello everyone,I have a problem with the map on the map of Seattle(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865395754)

I follow the guide of the "Change Map"(http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds)wannna to put the mission in the map of the "Seattle"

but when i try to host the mission,SERVER side problem is stuck at "Reading mission ..." PLAYER side problem is stuck at"receiving xxxx" but player could choice a role.

I want to know is that i doing wrong at change map or something elsse?

Thanks for you work!

Hello,

Hard to tell from here. If you follow the guide then it must be an issue from your server or your edition

Try to enable debug mode in H&M mission parameters and start the mission in multiplayer as hosted and check if your mission is loading fine

If you see circle and when you go inside cities you see civilian or enemy the mission should be work, then join the Arma 3 discord server for more help on server configuration

Cheers

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.23.5 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Static not removed when side mission checkpoint cancelled (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Fuel source interaction appear twice (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Vehicle loaded in vehicle disappear after server save and restart (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 2

Good afternoon,

While updating some of our community Hearts and Minds ports to version 1.23.5, myself and another one of our community devs noticed when loading Hearts and Minds in the editor it seems to hang up and stop loading frequently.  Although it will load sometimes it seems to more commonly than not crash on the loading screen. Looking at the debug logs it seems that after selecting the hideout positions the mission stops loading. I have made numerous Hears and Minds ports and this is the first time I have come across this type of problem. I am wondering if anyone else is having this type of issue or if it's a known issue with the newest version. 

Cheers

Hello!

Its possible to give NVG to enemy AI using the missions files?

Hello,

13 hours ago, gaske said:

Thank you i'm trying to add a "rhs 1PN138" but i really cannot find out HOW to do it its too complex for me

Just use faction using NVG then?

Cheers

4 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just use faction using NVG then?

Cheers

I'll keep trying until I figure out how to make the script work 

Thanks again!

In our current mission we setup a FOB on the other side of the map (SOG) and we are having one small issue with it.  Sometimes when we start the server up the doors on the FOB will be locked.  Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

Thanks!!

19 hours ago, eric963 said:

In our current mission we setup a FOB on the other side of the map (SOG) and we are having one small issue with it.  Sometimes when we start the server up the doors on the FOB will be locked.  Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

Hello,

You should move your FOB away from the city or exclude the city from the H&M system (http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base)

When reputation is low, civilians lock doors, because you are in range of a city, FOB doors get locked

Cheers

Hey, @Vdauphin

My Arma unit loves the Hearts and minds mission system.... Had an idea for another side mission that i feel would be awesome for H&M
Bribe the tribal leader... Where you have to go to a village or other location and give a tribal leader an item in exchange for intel or better reputation 
Can you maybe walk me onto the process of adding a side mission to the system...  ie what files would need to be edited / added in order to add a side mission?