giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Thank you, So far I was able to remove the respawn menu but now im respawning in the position of death. I have already placed a marker with respawn_west in the variable name and also changed the settings in the Eden editor multiplayer to respawn in custom position. unfortunately, Im still respawning on the same spot where the player died?

9 hours ago, marchiemike said:

Thank you, So far I was able to remove the respawn menu but now im respawning in the position of death. I have already placed a marker with respawn_west in the variable name and also changed the settings in the Eden editor multiplayer to respawn in custom position. unfortunately, Im still respawning on the same spot where the player died?

Hello,

H&M allow you to respawn at custom location. Looks like you are reinventing the wheel https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/825

Cheers

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.22.6 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Param.hpp changed.
  • Mission.sqm not changed.
  • FIX: Missing factions from mods update (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Remove furniture and items from reputation malus (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Can't spawn objects at logistic point (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Now wall and fence trigger reputation malus since A3 2.10 (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Chemical detector not working with "watchToggle" action (@SkippieDippie).
  • FIX: Side civilian need help only have hematoma since ACE 3.15.1 (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Avoid reputation lost for wall from CUP (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Dead body marker still visible when disable (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Player's dead body disappear when player disconnect from the respawn screen (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 2

Hello, I am having an issue where the civilians are not spawning in the towns at all. And was just wondering what a fix could be?

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Hello, I am having an issue where the civilians are not spawning in the towns at all. And was just wondering what a fix could be?

Hello,

Revert changes you did until it works again and check your rpt to find error message

Cheers

13 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Revert changes you did until it works again and check your rpt to find error message

Cheers

Could this error have anything to do with why civilians are not spawning? Mission =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis: Number of roles (28) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (30)

I'm having trouble adding a new faction to the mission. For better explanation, I was trying to add the CPC "Picaros" faction doing everything the doc says, but instead of the faction, I get the default "FIA" as my "Enemy" while the mission is running. Can you help me?

PS: The "Picaros" faction used to work with previous releases.
Cheers!

Oh i see.
Well i was triying the Second Way and get the previously mentioned error.
But, doing this with the "first way" what should i put here? "btc_enemy_side = _allclasse select 0;"
Independent? Guerrila? some class of array?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english!

1 minute ago, Cptan.Marcos said:

Well i was triying the Second Way and get the previously mentioned error.

The second way is working

May be you just put the wrong number in default field of mission parameter

2 minutes ago, Cptan.Marcos said:

some class of array?

Yes you need to get all class name of the mod you want to use

7 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Yes you need to get all class name of the mod you want to use

Can you give me some quick example about how to edit this?  btc_enemy_side = _allclasse select 0;

20 hours ago, Cptan.Marcos said:

Can you give me some quick example about how to edit this?  btc_enemy_side = _allclasse select 0; 

Hello,

btc_enemy_side = east;

Cheers

Yo @Vdauphin!

I've start doing some mission prep. for a upcoming event here at Gameaholic.se and wounder if there is a 3CB BAF version of H&M, like yours RHS+ACE3?

Copy that @Vdauphin, thank you!

Also, is there a way to disable some of the tasks/missions?
I've been going through the pbo, but cant find it.. . been editing for over 20hrs so it's probably me who's tired zzZZ

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.22.8 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only.

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Mission get stuck for map with isolated island (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Chemical range of propagation decrease when more than one unit get contaminated (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Player in respawn screen don't get their ticket from prisoner (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Civilian do not populate randomly houses in city (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

Hello,

We are here, again in November, for some news about the next H&M major release for 2023.

Lift keybinds:

• Quality of life has been improved for pilot: they can attribute shortcuts for the lift system thanks to CBA

Slot persistence:

• Now all slots available on mission start screen persist between player disconnection. This means each time a player disconnects, load out, position and medical status is saved and restored the next time this slot is occupied by the same or another player. This behavior is similar to the vehicle as they stay in place when players leave them.
  • A mission setting allows to have for each player a different save for each slot.

Logistic point:

• Now you can easily copy and paste inventory of any vehicles or ammo box.
  • And even restore default inventory of vehicles or ammo box.
Spoiler

204880651-22cfb3b2-3acc-4b90-9b9c-f11d1e

Tags:

• They persist even on a vehicle!
  • And even texture on vehicles from EDEN editor persist between restart.
Spoiler

204881834-036637c0-3179-4e58-9356-d7f8f0

Under the hood:

• H&M can restart your server at one or two given hour in a day simply through mission parameters.
  • Prisoner and player tickets can be tweaked directly inside mission parameters.
  • As always, I provide backward database compatibility with 1.22
  • Join the Discussions here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/discussions

I hope you will enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi there,

I've recently stumbled across this mod and I was wondering how exactly porting it to another map works. If I were to change the name to a different terrain e.g. Takistan/Kunduz, would it automatically update all the cities etc etc to spawn civilians et cetera? I say this because when i tried to port it to CUP's Takistan, it seemed that civilian people do not spawn in towns. There seems to be no issue with civilian trucks, however.

Hello,

14 hours ago, Aussie_Mantis said:

Hi there,
 would it automatically update all the cities etc etc to spawn civilians et cetera?

Yes, may be you broke something, see http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds

Enable the debug mode with mission parameter and interact with your self and activate "Enable debug graph"

When opening your map, you can click near town and see ai spawn

Cheers

Yeah i am somehow to dumb to use the Search function so uhm @Vdauphin could u point me in the right direction? How can i Blacklist a city (or in this case an Airport which is a location) so it is not Spawnable by AI (CIV and Opfor) and is there a way to make an AI ignore a road or block it for AI travel (civ) Thanks and Great map we realy like it!

Hello,

11 minutes ago, germanfragger said:

How can i Blacklist a city (or in this case an Airport which is a location) so it is not Spawnable by AI (CIV and Opfor)

http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base

Or https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L138

16 minutes ago, germanfragger said:

s there a way to make an AI ignore a road or block it for AI travel (civ)

No

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Vdauphin so um quick follow up as im not home right now and i might not know it! The line Mentions a .cfg is that one in the map file or a file that the H&M Generates?

22 hours ago, germanfragger said:

@Vdauphin so um quick follow up as im not home right now and i might not know it! The line Mentions a .cfg is that one in the map file or a file that the H&M Generates?

map file in config viewer

H&M do not generate any files