Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 Coming to A3 [WIP/Suggestion]

Yes that would be because there are no hidden selections. You would have to replace the texture at the model level and not the config.

no actually i found out i accidently deleated that part xP

no actually i found out i accidently deleated that part xP

Lol. I still believe there is no Hiddenselection.

You can however define the hiddenSelections yourself when porting over, just by adding the array in the tank config with named selections from the model. In the cases of the OA Abrams, in both models the named selections camo1, camo2, and camo3 on the first LOD all correspond to a numbered diffuse color map (m1abrams_01_co.paa, m1abrams_02_co.paa, and m1abrams_03_co.paa), while camo4 corresponds to m1abrams_mg_mount_co.paa in M1_Abrams.p3d and to m1a2_loader_co.paa in M1A2_TUSK.p3d. In M1_Abrams.p3d, the named selection 'all' seems to correspond to m1abrams_track_co.paa, while M1A2_TUSK.p3d seems to lack a single named selection corresponding to that texture but seems to have four different named selections, two per track (-53, -54, pasoffsetL, pasoffsetP).

Getting PhysX right should be the priority imho. Having the tanks flip over the smallest of rocks really turned me off from vehicle combat in A2.

So recently I have been working on the head lights of the tank, except I have been getting quite annoyed because the lights a combining and fusing in the middle I'll post a screenie soon.

http://i.imgur.com/4IpBRvi.jpg (453 kB)

Edited by Raid

V1.3 |

PhysX is in testing

Headlights are fixed

V1.3 |

PhysX is in testing

Headlights are fixed

Could we have a video?

I'll be releasing a Video on the Mod's Release seeing as it is practically done. I'm currently just finishing extra's on the Tank. PhysX is finished and I will be working on a rear-view camera seeing as in Arma 3 Armour is impossible to drive in reverse.

-Raid

Edited by Raid

I'll be releasing a Video on the Mod's Release seeing as it is practically done. I'm currently just finishing extra's on the Tank. PhysX is finished and I will be working on a rear-view camera seeing as in Arma 3 Armour is impossible to drive in reverse.

-Raid

Outstanding news, can't wait :)

Looks like I won't be releasing the Tank with a Rear-View Camera, can't figure it out.

-Raid

Looking forward to see these in game :)

btw. Raid, I would like to port some vehicles from A2 even the civilian ones. Could you help me with those? Please add me on steam

btw. Raid, I would like to port some vehicles from A2 even the civilian ones. Could you help me with those? Please add me on steam
While Raid does know his stuff (he helped me understand the process of getting both the PhysX LOD and the new memory points for tracked vehicles), I'll point you to the porting tutorial by the guy behind HAFM and a bunch of vehicle ports.

You can add FCS and LASER system just like in ACE to make it more realistic

...buuuuut if You'd plan it, then it should be done after the first release.

We really need something not jewish to shoot those lovely Reyhard's T-72s.

Can't wait for the tank

Good news. I will be releasing the M1A1 soon, however there is a slight issue that I haven't been able to solve. This issue is when you are commander you will be able to shoot the M2 50.cal. I know how to disable the firing but when I do so you can't free look, so it isn't a good idea when the whole idea of a commander is to be extra eyes around the tank.

Keep your eyes out for the release everyone. I'll post a link here to the thread when it is created. Should be done in the next few days. (Hopefully)

-Raid

Are you gonna be able to pop out of the hatch as commander/driver and even maybe gunner? I love doing that :D

Commander Yes. Driver and Gunner negative.

Are you gonna be able to pop out of the hatch as commander/driver and even maybe gunner? I love doing that :D

An Abrams gunner doesn't have a hatch. :p

An Abrams gunner doesn't have a hatch. :p

You are right, however the Loader in a M1A2 does. Therefor the M1A1 Gunner can use the Loader's Hatch as the base Build of a M1A1 and a M1A2 are the same.

Would be nice - because seriously without 3D interiors these cans are as claustrophobic as it gets.

This issue is when you are commander you will be able to shoot the M2 50.cal. I know how to disable the firing but when I do so you can't free look, so it isn't a good idea when the whole idea of a commander is to be extra eyes around the tank.

?? The Commander Weapon Station or CWS on M1A1 provides commander to fire his M2 HMG from vehicle interior even when hatch is completely closed. In amergency he can also fire his HMG from the outside, so there is no need to disable this ability.