Hi, it seems i´m the only one with problems running ASR AI with latest Version on Headless Client AI?

AI Spawning trough script from "Silent Map Converter" and even a few AIs are too much of a performance drop.

FPS around 30 and CPS around 3-7 with 120 AI.

3,6Ghz Core.

Even on Dedicated its run dramatically better.

RPT Log from the HC:

23:03:00 Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_main_fnc_broadcastinfo

23:03:00 Error in expression <this,_dangerCausedBy,_dangerUntil] call asr_ai3_main_fnc_reactDanger;

>

23:03:00 Error position: <asr_ai3_main_fnc_reactDanger;

>

23:03:00 Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai3_main_fnc_reactdanger

23:03:00 Error in expression <1}) then {

[_grp,_dangerCausedBy] spawn asr_ai3_main_fnc_broadcastInfo;

};

>

23:03:00 Error position: <asr_ai3_main_fnc_broadcastInfo;

};

>

};

>

23:03:00 Error position: <asr_ai3_main_fnc_broadcastInfo;

};

>

HC and Dedicated Shares the same folder and Mods, so there should be no differences?!

Above script errors confirmed on our side as well. Not sure if it's the reason we see dramatic FPS drop, but it keeps spamming the RPT with this indefinitely.

Strange, I saw the error only once on a JIP session. Seems that preinit from cfgfunctions not ran or delayed for some reason. I will switch it to the CBA preinit. Haven't used the HC in a while since on dedicated we have 45-50 fps with few players and 200 AI :-)

You need to tell me how you managed to get that!

Strange, I saw the error only once on a JIP session. Seems that preinit from cfgfunctions not ran or delayed for some reason. I will switch it to the CBA preinit. Haven't used the HC in a while since on dedicated we have 45-50 fps with few players and 200 AI :-)

I have noticed this error as well, it seems to occur on any client that has AI except the server. I have had it while Zeusing after the start and it lasts to the end of the game. I would guess that for !isServer in preInit there is a bug, so it doesn't reach the function compilation stage.

Thx for reporting, will make an update ASAP.

Another idea, not sure if it is doable, but it'd be great if there was a parameter to adjust AI's accuracy with static weapons. Both mounted on vehicles and tripod types. I feel like the default static MG is too accurate, as well as mortars, when used by AI. Not too big of deal, but it'd be nice if there was a bit more dispersion.

Thanks a lot! Can´t wait for it :) Obviously

0.9.22 available in first post.

Enjoy!

- Disables fatigue for AI in player's group and enables it for currently player-controlled unit (triggered on teamSwitch only); lets AI be able to keep up with the player.

How's that related to the teamSwitch functionality? I got the teamSwitch disabled since you introduced it because I never use team switch. Will AI under my command still have fatigue disabled?

How's that related to the teamSwitch functionality? I got the teamSwitch disabled since you introduced it because I never use team switch. Will AI under my command still have fatigue disabled?

Say you have a missions where you can use teamswitch (like Pilgrimage). When you switch to another unit, you become (or remain) leader of the group and the unit you switched out of has fatigue disabled.

Then again, when you switch back to that unit, fatigue gets re-enabled, you are still leader and the fatigue gets disabled for the AI unit you team-switched out of.

If you don't use teamswitch or disabled it in userconfig it does nothing.

Say you have a missions where you can use teamswitch (like Pilgrimage). When you switch to another unit, you become (or remain) leader of the group and the unit you switched out of has fatigue disabled.

Then again, when you switch back to that unit, fatigue gets re-enabled, you are still leader and the fatigue gets disabled for the AI unit you team-switched out of.

If you don't use teamswitch or disabled it in userconfig it does nothing.

Woudn't it be useful to disable fatigue in every case, for AI under player command, regardless of players using teamSwitch? I mean, if disable fatigue serves the purpose of AI under player control, to be able to keep up with him, that's a general statement, not only valid for single player missions with teamSwitch. I don't know the others, but I'd be interested in seeing that feature.

Woudn't it be useful to disable fatigue in every case, for AI under player command, regardless of players using teamSwitch? I mean, if disable fatigue serves the purpose of AI under player control, to be able to keep up with him, that's a general statement, not only valid for single player missions with teamSwitch. I don't know the others, but I'd be interested in seeing that feature.

That is what he is saying. I'm assuming this is how it works:

- Mission start

- All units in the players group have fatigue disabled

- Player controlled units has the fatigue enabled

- (This is the teamswitch part) If you teamSwitch to a unit, your previous "unit" gets it's fatigue disabled and your new "unit" gets it's fatigue enabled (because it used to have it disabled as it was AI controlled)

The general effect is that the AI in players group always has it's fatigue disabled and the player has it enabled, no matter even if you teamswitch around to control different units. If you don't teamswitch, then there's no need for script to detect teamswitch and make changes which unit has fatigue enabled or disabled.

It is stated nowhere that AI under player control have fatigue disabled by this mod.

Right now fatigue is not changed for AI until you trigger it with a team switch. It's something I needed after implementing the selectLeader thing and it was easy to just plug in there:

FUNC(onTeamSwitch) = {
private "_grp";
_grp = group player;
_grp selectLeader player;
{_x enableFatigue (isPlayer _x)} forEach (units _grp);
};

if (hasInterface && GVAR(onteamswitch) > 0) then {[] spawn {waitUntil {time > 1 && {player == player}}; onTeamSwitch {[_from,_to] call FUNC(onTeamSwitch)}}};

But sure, it would be easy to add an option for the friendly AI's fatigue to be disabled at start. Really easy to add it to your mission too.

Right now fatigue is not changed for AI until you trigger it with a team switch. ...

My bad, misunderstood what you were saying.

Another idea, not sure if it is doable, but it'd be great if there was a parameter to adjust AI's accuracy with static weapons. Both mounted on vehicles and tripod types. I feel like the default static MG is too accurate, as well as mortars, when used by AI. Not too big of deal, but it'd be nice if there was a bit more dispersion.

It depends more on the unit's skill level since I've already increased AI dispersion coefficients for all weapons. Not willing to touch weapon's inherent accuracy as that would affect player shooting.

You need to tell me how you managed to get that!

I would like to know how too. Maybe ai caching or ai spawning on triggers...

Just careful selection of what addons and scripts are allowed to run on the server. No caching. All AI spawned once at mission start. I stay away from caching because of the noticeable stutter that comes with it.

Just careful selection of what addons and scripts are allowed to run on the server. No caching. All AI spawned once at mission start. I stay away from caching because of the noticeable stutter that comes with it.

I managed to optimize my missions but usually I have something like 20 to 35 FPS with 150 ai on the map. I also use a limited selection of addons and scripts. What is your server specs? I use a VPS 3 cores 2.2Ghz but I used for sometime a better VPS from NFOServers running 3 cores at 3Ghz with very similar results.

I managed to optimize my missions but usually I have something like 20 to 35 FPS with 150 ai on the map. I also use a limited selection of addons and scripts. What is your server specs? I use a VPS 3 cores 2.2Ghz but I used for sometime a better VPS from NFOServers running 3 cores at 3Ghz with very similar results.

It's a dedicated machine, quad core Xeon E3-1230 @3.3 (8 threads). We are also running on it TS3 and a Linux VM for hosting the mods.