Hi, yeah I have but im abit of a noob haha. Got it up and running but having a problem they seem to spot me from really far away. And also im not too sure how to change their settings

Maybe you should play vanilla for some time, to understand better what this mod changes.

when I say a noob I mean to messing with config files etc ive played 700hrs of arma lol just not messed with config files etc

.... they seem to spot me from really far away. And also im not too sure how to change their settings

If you can see them they can see you, upto there set distance, 1500~ and the optics to see far, Binoculars.

Not unusual for a Sniper to shoot at me over 900m, or most scoped AI to engage over 600m, if they have spotted you. But Iron site AI dont, but they will plink at you 300m~ to suppress, if your really belligerent (Loud, rapid fire). Oh and then the GL AI will put them out on you 400m~, and of course the nade tosser.... never a dull moment once they pursue you.

Foxhound - the CAF & RHS configs links are not linking through to Armaholic.

RHS config is outdated anyway (was done for 0.3.6), not sure about CAF one.

Robalo

I was testing today the AI's behavior.

I have placed a large CSAT group at "dismissed" mode inside a complex..and 300m away

2 CSAT guards (without group) was attacked by 3 NATO units (non silenced weapons).

Placing myself as civilian close to the large group i was clearly

hearing the gunshots..but CSAT group hasn't blinked-neither felt the need to investigate.

What i m doing wrong?

RHS config is outdated anyway (was done for 0.3.6), not sure about CAF one.

Does it still work or I can throw it away?

Thank you for your hardwork on this mod ;)

Does it still work or I can throw it away?

Thank you for your hardwork on this mod ;)

If it's not creating any issues then I guess it works :)

I have some work done for 0.3.7 but not finished and the way I'm finding time for it they'll release another right after I finish my config.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Robalo

I was testing today the AI's behavior.

I have placed a large CSAT group at "dismissed" mode inside a complex..and 300m away

2 CSAT guards (without group) was attacked by 3 NATO units (non silenced weapons).

Placing myself as civilian close to the large group i was clearly

hearing the gunshots..but CSAT group hasn't blinked-neither felt the need to investigate.

What i m doing wrong?

Was that with vanilla weapons and ammo ? Since dangerRadiusBulletClose was available I switched to tweaking that at config level to increase detection/awareness and removed the fired event handler which used a variable reveal.

The new method is way more efficient performance wise but the radius is smaller (100m in ASR_AI - was 4-8m in vanilla).

The downside comes from the fact that you can config how audible/detectable is the ammo, not the weapon.

Fire a loud weapon in vanilla with subsonic ammo - it's loud but unless you hit somewhere near the AI they will be oblivious.

Yes Rob

I ve used vanilla weapons and ammo i m afraid :/

I have to mention i also used CBA/JSRS DF ..but i dont believe that has to do anything.

Anyways..i will set the *scenery again tomorrow-save it and sent you a link

I can reproduce it myself so no need. It's vanilla behavior and I tried to explain above. Since I can't go too crazy with bullet danger radius in config, the only solution I see is to reintroduce the scripted hearing aids for AI.

No, ASR AI changes it, ACE3's module Hearing uses the value to determine ear ringing/deafness.

Hi Robalo. You didnt comment on this. I also know its suppose to be compatible with ace. Is this an issue. Just want to know if we need to remove the ace ai for the time being.

Well it's the same as it was for AGM, the matter has been discussed before.

For the hearing issue, I increased some AI values in ammo config and it happens they used the same values to create a player effect.

Good news (I hope):

I'm re-adding the scripted solution for AI hearing aids because the pure-config solution is not satisfactory.

Will also tweak the audiblefire parameters back to vanilla-like values so the ACE hearing conflict will be solved.

Update inbound (soon).

About ACE having it's own AI configs: yes it's compatible in the sense that nothing will break, but since they change some AI configs that I also change in this mod, obviously running the game with them combined will be different.

So it's up to you whether you want to experiment with that. My personal preference would be to remove the ACE AI addon.

Well it's the same as it was for AGM, the matter has been discussed before.

For the hearing issue, I increased some AI values in ammo config and it happens they used the same values to create a player effect.

Good news (I hope):

I'm re-adding the scripted solution for AI hearing aids because the pure-config solution is not satisfactory.

Will also tweak the audiblefire parameters back to vanilla-like values so the ACE hearing conflict will be solved.

Update inbound (soon).

About ACE having it's own AI configs: yes it's compatible in the sense that nothing will break, but since they change some AI configs that I also change in this mod, obviously running the game with them combined will be different.

So it's up to you whether you want to experiment with that. My personal preference would be to remove the ACE AI addon.

Many thanks for these informations Robalo.

Good to hear, ACE team will actually stop using audibleFire and do a calculated method for hearing module as well: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/619

New version in first post.

Changes

- AI got new hearing implants so they can now detect gunshots better

- ammo audibleFire tweaks (lower overall, subsonic a lot less detectable)

- reduced aimingSpeed slightly (AI coming around the corner shooting at you are less ninja)

- updated RHS muzzle classes for throwing smoke support

- civilians were told to stop looting

- ammo audibleFire tweaks (lower overall, subsonic a lot less detectable)

Are they back to default or?

Are they back to default or?

1 for subsonic, 16 for 50cal, 8 for calibers in betwen.

Guest HellGhost

Hi Robalo,

Concerning the IA hearing abilities...

Really better I must say.

But the exact formulation should be "Really too and irrealisticly better".

Not a criticism, but just an info if you want to reconsidered it.

For example, being at approximatly 150 meters and drop a magazine from my inventory to the ground make me spotted and directly localised while being hidden behind a wall and in the back of the unit.

The IA just running to me, aiming and shoot without any research step.

It's a little weird.

And we can being seen even hidding behind bushes.

I really like your mod, but since the last update (before this one) I find that the IA looks much like SuperIA and close to a GodIA than a realistic one.

For all the others functions, that's a really great improvement, that's clear.

@foxhound

Thanks !

@hellghost

Are you serious ?!

The last update makes AI detect you better as a result of you shooting a weapon, nothing else.

This feature can be tweaked by setting a lower coefficient in userconfig or set 0 to turn it off completely.

Updated mod v0.9.23 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Robalo , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Guest HellGhost

Robalo,

Yes, I'm serious.

I find that weird, and don't use any other IA modification scripts or mod.

I deactivate completely the gunshot detection and it all seems clear now.

Yeah, reading the description make me think that it's only the detection by gunshot.

But, well, since deactivate this, all is clear.

Do you already think about doing a configuration for using with the MOCAP mod ?

Thanks for the infos !