Robalo,

Is there anyway to tell the AI if they are in jungle/forest vs flat lands and adjust their ability to detect enemies accordingly?

Just curious if that's even possible.

Also, have you tested AI vision at night in 1.48?

Great mod BTW

Robalo,

Is there anyway to tell the AI if they are in jungle/forest vs flat lands and adjust their ability to detect enemies accordingly?

Just curious if that's even possible.

Also, have you tested AI vision at night in 1.48?

Great mod BTW

I have high hopes that a data fix will eventually come and patch the "AI sees you through a pixel sized tunnel in the forest" issues. There was a hint to that in the recent updates.

I believe it would be possible to calculate flatness based on the environment and adjust server/hc objectviewdistance dynamically but I am not interested in such a hacky solution.

Vision at night is tweaked in ASR AI, working well here. If you run a melee mod you can sneak up that close. Scene brightness does seem to be very important. After I push the new mod update you can try and let me know.

Great mod ! I love to see AI using their RPG and throwing grenade at me. Need to be more carefull. And when you see an AI RPG destroying a fixed AH-64 (with a stupid human confident pilot) : priceless.

I know the new BIS patch destroy, again, a great mod, but we want to prepare our next step.

I may have a dumb question :

- Does this mod work with leights opfor ? It seems to because AI fire at choppers with RPG. But I prefer to ask

3 others questions :

- In the "server" usersetting, we can add faction at the bottom, right ? And we can modify them to put more or less power for each faction ?

- Is there another way to modify the AI level INSIDE a mission ? Or do we need to change this inside the user config ?

- Does MCC parameters (rookie to vétéran) change anything at all or ASR "erase" all settings ?

Thx by advance

Robalo, since the AI precision and skill have been changed over the past few updates of the game, I feel it's appropriate to ask again - Do you still recommend to use ASR AI with the default "Veteran" difficulty (skillAI 0.8, precisionAI 0.7)?

Expecting eagerly the new version!

Robalo, since the AI precision and skill have been changed over the past few updates of the game, I feel it's appropriate to ask again - Do you still recommend to use ASR AI with the default "Veteran" difficulty (skillAI 0.8, precisionAI 0.7)?

Expecting eagerly the new version!

I actually always tested arecommended the medium AI preset (the one from regular difficulty): aiLevelPreset=1; If you want to play on veteran you can set that preset or custom with settings:

skillAI = 0.7;

precisionAI = 0.5;

Ok that clears it up. Thank you Robalo!

Great mod ! I love to see AI using their RPG and throwing grenade at me. Need to be more carefull. And when you see an AI RPG destroying a fixed AH-64 (with a stupid human confident pilot) : priceless.

I know the new BIS patch destroy, again, a great mod, but we want to prepare our next step.

I may have a dumb question :

- Does this mod work with leights opfor ? It seems to because AI fire at choppers with RPG. But I prefer to ask

3 others questions :

- In the "server" usersetting, we can add faction at the bottom, right ? And we can modify them to put more or less power for each faction ?

- Is there another way to modify the AI level INSIDE a mission ? Or do we need to change this inside the user config ?

- Does MCC parameters (rookie to vétéran) change anything at all or ASR "erase" all settings ?

Thx by advance

If you want to easily adjust skills of one faction with a single number then yeah, the faction coefficient is the solution. If you want finer tuned skills per each units of that faction, then you either: 1. add their class names in the asr_ai3_main_levels_units arrays or 2. create custom config which sets asr_ai_level for each unit class.

If you want to modify setting in a mission you just set all the global variables you want in your mission scripts same as you set them in the userconfig (the userconfig is sqf code). Call the settings from init.sqf so they will be executed after everything else in the initialization order. There is a catch though: while most variables are checked and used during the mission, some of them are only read once and it won't be of any use to change them in the init.sqf. For example if you start with rearming disabled and enable it later in the initialization order, it won't matter. Suppose I should think about providing a custom hook to allow changing everything per mission.

For your other questions I don't have answers...sry.

Excellent answer Robalo.

I will check that with my team to found the perfect parameter :)

Thanks and i encourage yourself to continue this mod.

Hey Robalo,

Just checking to see if you have a possible ETA on the next version of ASR. Not pushing, just wondering if you are optimistic it might be out soon.

Hey Robalo,

Just checking to see if you have a possible ETA on the next version of ASR. Not pushing, just wondering if you are optimistic it might be out soon.

I keep making changes which then I want to test a bit. I guess by the end of this week-end.

I keep making changes which then I want to test a bit. I guess by the end of this week-end.

Sounds good. Glad to hear that night time vision testing was going well from your earlier post as well.

what will the new version do?

0.9.26 changes (no it's not up yet)

- tweaked audio signature and night visibility for soldiers (harder to spot/hear, works better for stealth)

- queue unit initialization - instead of running unit's init code directly, now unit is just added to a queue which is then processed sequentially at regular intervals; eliminates any load spikes resulting from spawning multiple units at once

- some tiny aiming and spotting rebalance tweaks

- danger.fsm tweaks: some optimisation; allow vehicle crews to send target info to nearby groups

- removed dynamic server view distance adjustment

- overall code optimisation/reorganisation; reduced number of loops

- removed some unnecessary broadcast from server to clients

0.9.26 changes (no it's not up yet)

- removed dynamic server view distance adjustment

I dont know but that one looks weird. Why? :confused:

I dont know but that one looks weird. Why? :confused:

Will rely on config tweaks instead of that (dedicated machine exclusive) scripted solution. The mod will now behave the same in SP versus MP.

Here's the code that's getting removed:

postinit:

if (!hasInterface && {GVAR(enabled) == 1 && GVAR(dynsvd) > 0}) then {
[] spawn {
	sleep 60; // allow VD to be custom set first
	GVAR(startvd) = 900 max viewDistance;
	["itemAdd", [QGVAR(dvdloop), { [] call FUNC(changeVD); }, 120]] call BIS_fnc_loop;
};
};

FUNC(changeVD):

//for using on DS and HC
//sets new VD based on sun position and fog
//#define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
#include "script_component.hpp"
private "_newvd";
_newvd = GVAR(startvd)/(2 - sunOrMoon);
if (fog > 0.02) then {_newvd = _newvd * (1.02 - fog)};
if (_newvd != viewDistance) then {
setViewDistance _newvd;
setObjectViewDistance _newvd;
if (GVAR(debug) != 0) then {
	diag_log format["New viewDistance: %1, Server FPS: %2", _newvd, diag_fps];
};
};

Edited by Robalo

oh you horrible tease.. i see the changelog update but no download.... Woe is me :)

Has anyone else notice a difference between how danger.fsm gets called between versions 1.47 and 1.48? When I was using 1.47 every single shot I fired even remotely near an AI would trigger it, but in 1.48 the first bullet triggers it, but after that the bullet must pass within ~1m of the AI and must pass by the AI, if the bullet hits the ground first then it will not trigger.

Edited by Raptoer

Has anyone else notice a difference between how danger.fsm gets called between versions 1.47 and 1.48? When I was using 1.47 every single shot I fired even remotely near an AI would trigger it, but in 1.48 the first bullet triggers it, but after that the bullet must pass within ~1m of the AI and must pass by the AI, if the bullet hits the ground first then it will not trigger.

I believe I noticed the same thing last session, shot at an AI several times from ~200m and he didn't even react even though they were hitting near his feet.

I've been playing the Pilgrimage mission with this mod. The mod really works great, but the awareness from enemy soldiers seems a bit too high for me.

Today I spotted an enemy hideout about 500m from me and I managed to hide from their line of sight. When the distance between us was about 400m, they literally turned to me and pointed their guns to my position even though I was not making any kind of noise.

This kind of situation happened a few more times during the session.

Am I doing something wrong or this issue is related to the 1.48 patch?? Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the english, not my native language :)

Btw, awesome mod!

New version is up.

Enjoy!

Is that a vanilla issue ? I'm not worried, I don't rely solely on danger.fsm or the ammo configs for bullet detection.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

I've been playing the Pilgrimage mission with this mod. The mod really works great, but the awareness from enemy soldiers seems a bit too high for me.

Today I spotted an enemy hideout about 500m from me and I managed to hide from their line of sight. When the distance between us was about 400m, they literally turned to me and pointed their guns to my position even though I was not making any kind of noise.

This kind of situation happened a few more times during the session.

Am I doing something wrong or this issue is related to the 1.48 patch?? Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the english, not my native language :)

Btw, awesome mod!

It depends on the conditions. Day/night, line of sight, speed of your movement etc. I haven't encountered any issues with this. I usually sneak up very close to those camps in Pilgrimage and go for headshots, especially at the beginning when I only have a pistol or smg.

Also you may run into situations when someone you're not even aware of sees you and relays your position to near groups.