Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

11 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

VcomAI

JSRS soundmod

I heard that vcomai causes bugs in the ai like helicopters not leaving the area or causing troops to storm out of the strongholds towards you?

13 hours ago, alky_lee said:

You don’t need a no stamina mod as stamina effects can be turned off in the mission settings in game (0-8-5). 

Other mods that I use are Improved Grenades, Advanced Rappelling, Advanced Towing, More Readable Map, VTS Weapon Resting as well as the ever present TPW Mods. VTS Weapon Resting provides more usability on top of vanilla weapon deployment (Have you ever tried to deploy your rifle at the top of a hill or on a rock?). Simple Single Player Cheat Menu is another good mod to have. It provides access to Zeus, Virtual Arsenal, Virtual Garage and other stuff. Handy for dealing with stuff when you get bored with waiting for the gunship to RTB or an armoured vehicle parks outside the only exit from your building and is still there when you return from putting the kettle on. (It is a game intended to entertain after all). 

Hetman War Stories (also by Rydygier) is a single player battle creator where there is an AI commanders in charge of each faction. If you can stand the AI behaviour which quite often becomes annoying these is a campaign mode or whole map mode which can be played out over multiple sessions. As with Pilgrimage there are a number of adjustable settings used to generate the battle.

btw does tpw add more roaming enemies?

No bugs that I know of. VcomAI does make AI leave their area and flank players, that’s exactly why I use it. The AI become less predictable and more aggressive. It’s better than BI’s lazy dumb dudes IMO. Give it a go for a bit more challenging mission.

4 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

No bugs that I know of. VcomAI does make AI leave their area and flank players, that’s exactly why I use it. The AI become less predictable and more aggressive. It’s better than BI’s lazy dumb dudes IMO. Give it a go for a bit more challenging mission.

wonder if it works with asr ai

Can I just say it's amazing how people like major, alky, and ryd himself are still supporting and helping out others with this scenario to this day?

And that a fair amount of people are still playing this to this day?

1 hour ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

wonder if it works with asr ai

AFAIK, both should be compatible. I think asr ai messes with the individual ai while vcom focuses on the groups

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Also another question, is it normal for the "return to hideout" feature to be hidden when fighting with enemies or when enemies are nearby?

"Fast travel is disabled if you are in combat, there are enemies nearby or if you have already found the brother's body and the body has been loaded into your vehicle."

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877584980

Rightfully so. Otherwise, people could just TP out of combat easily and abuse the system lol

• Like 1

@rydygier

If you have time or if you recall can you help with the following?

We only want intel from a dead AI who offers it when I scroll on him with addaction because we only want their radio frequency. We don't want info on where the body is not at a church nearby, in other words how do I delete or reduce the distance for this so no churches are eliminated?

Thanks.

That would be set in intelCheck.sqf. This file handles many types of intel sources, so it is rather complex, but crossing out churches is done in this part:

{
					if ((count _x) == 2) then
						{
						if ((_pos distance (_x select 0)) < (1500 + (random 2500))) then
							{
							_ct = _ct + 1;
							_x set [2,true];
							(_x select 1) setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
							(_x select 1) setMarkerType "hd_objective";
							(_x select 1) setMarkerAlpha 1;							
							}
						}
					}
				foreach RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;

If you just /*disable*/ or remove this whole code, no one will cross any churches for you. But if you want to disable this only for dead body intel check, then probably that's the way:

if (alive _dataHolder) then
					{
						{
						if ((count _x) == 2) then
							{
							if ((_pos distance (_x select 0)) < (1500 + (random 2500))) then
								{
								_ct = _ct + 1;
								_x set [2,true];
								(_x select 1) setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
								(_x select 1) setMarkerType "hd_objective";
								(_x select 1) setMarkerAlpha 1;							
								}
							}
						}
					foreach RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces;
					};

So that part is executed only, if "dataHolder" is alive. 

In case, you would prefer to manipulate distance, that's the place: (1500 + (random 2500)))

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

In case, you would prefer to manipulate distance, that's the place: (1500 + (random 2500))) 

Looks like your first option will work. I'll change the numbers to 1 & 2 and if I'm understanding correctly, no churches should be crossed out.

Thanks so much!

When you have a hideout, there will be a mouse action when you aim at fireplace:

Rest 6 hours and heal yourself (first aid kit or medkit needed)

However this action is visible only, when you don't know about any enemy AND there's no enemy, that knows about you at the moment (which may be not obvious). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Might find what you're looking for here.

Thanks found the dl link in that thread.

Also not sure if it was asked b4 but there seems to be a lot of unofficial scenarios covering the same maps (multiple ones for lingor, chern etc). Wanting to just see whivh scenarios for each the maps are worth trying out in terms of offering something new. The ones listed in this thread and in ported, which one would offer a somewhat different exp from official? Aside ww2 and vietnam

They were ported by different people and may have added some things not in original Altis map. You can play practically with any mod you want on any of the map or ports. Check the OP because it's noted on some maps what mods are required which weren't required in the original author's design.

For example I'm playing with CUP vehicles, CUP weapons and CUP units.

4 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

... t there seems to be a lot of unofficial scenarios covering the same maps (multiple ones for lingor, chern etc). Wanting to just see whivh scenarios for each the maps are worth trying out in terms of offering something new. The ones listed in this thread and in ported, which one would offer a somewhat different exp from official? Aside ww2 and vietnam

When the mission is ported to another map, whoever carries out the porting has to decide where the airfields and strongholds are and perhaps add additional buildings and chapels that are not on the original map and perhaps other surprises that you may or may not find. As a result two different ports to the same map can be entirely different in playstyle and challenges that different terrains present.

7 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

They were ported by different people and may have added some things not in original Altis map. You can play practically with any mod you want on any of the map or ports. Check the OP because it's noted on some maps what mods are required which weren't required in the original author's design.

For example I'm playing with CUP vehicles, CUP weapons and CUP units.

5 hours ago, alky_lee said:

When the mission is ported to another map, whoever carries out the porting has to decide where the airfields and strongholds are and perhaps add additional buildings and chapels that are not on the original map and perhaps other surprises that you may or may not find. As a result two different ports to the same map can be entirely different in playstyle and challenges that different terrains present.

How about you alky and stiffs missions? How different are they in comparison to rydiers version?

7 minutes ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

How about you alky and stiffs missions? How different are they in comparison to rydiers version?

The mission mechanics are the same across the board (loot, intel, etc). In some ports the circle intel may be smaller to counter for a smaller map, but the number of churches checked off when you speak to civilians can be greatly reduced depending on map size. Also the number/type of abandoned vehicles may be tweaked to try and avoid the spawn bonfire at mission start where a number of vehicles try to spawn at the same point. Equipment/cash at mission start may also be tweaked. I may also may have added a minefield or two on certain maps, not just around strongholds/airfields.

Major Stiffy also adds in some other mods such as holster weapon, and his own tweaks to strongholds.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Are there any other ww2 pilgrimage scenarios aside from pvt's staszów?

I think the staszow one is the only ww2 one available. Would have loved to have a ww2 pacific one.

Another question, when it comes to modded vehicles (aside from the default supported ones like cup), do they also get added into the vehicle spawn pool or "abandoned vehicle" pool similar to modded weapons?

Ex, pilgrimage stazow ww2, will other non ifa3 ww2 vehicles and tanks be part if the vehicle spawn?

6 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Another question, when it comes to modded vehicles (aside from the default supported ones like cup), do they also get added into the vehicle spawn pool or "abandoned vehicle" pool similar to modded weapons?

Ex, pilgrimage stazow ww2, will other non ifa3 ww2 vehicles and tanks be part if the vehicle spawn?

No. Only vehicles included in the "mods" will be used in the mission.