Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Been loving the vanilla Altis scenario. Wondering if there are any other scenarios like pilgrimage or modded pilgrimage that brings a new non vanilla experience?

After some time I tried to play '' Pilgrimage '' again, but I get this error in any map I would try, during the game, when I approach buildings that have a loot.

'...ineCargo [_stuff,_am]]:
Case (2) : [_vh /#/addItemCargo [_stuff,_am]]
}
}
foreach (...'
Error Type Array, expected String

Anyone had the error?

3 hours ago, vafana said:

After some time I tried to play '' Pilgrimage '' again, but I get this error in any map I would try, during the game, when I approach buildings that have a loot.

'...ineCargo [_stuff,_am]]:
Case (2) : [_vh /#/addItemCargo [stuff,_am]]
}
}
foreach (...'
Error Type Array, expected String

Anyone had the error?

I've not experienced that error. I use the realistic loot setting. Which setting are you using?

3 hours ago, alky_lee said:

I've not experienced that error.

Me either but I don't play much SP though, I'm mostly MP.

Was it on A3 2.12 stable, or dev branch? On BIKI I see, they are adding some functionalities to addItemCargo command for 2.14, so perhaps it is broken temporarily in dev branch? Error says, array is encountyered, while string is expected. But this command definitelly takes an array. 

But also - this line exactly is not from loot spawn, it is from vehicle decaching code. And it looks like this:

case (2) : {_vh addItemCargo [_stuff,_am]}

So there's _stuff in my version, not stuff. Why there's no underscore in that log, I wonder?

14 hours ago, alky_lee said:

I've not experienced that error. I use the realistic loot setting. Which setting are you using?

Realistic.

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Was it on A3 2.12 stable, or dev branch? On BIKI I see, they are adding some functionalities to addItemCargo command for 2.14, so perhaps it is broken temporarily in dev branch? Error says, array is encountyered, while string is expected. But this command definitelly takes an array. 

But also - this line exactly is not from loot spawn, it is from vehicle decaching code. And it looks like this:

case (2) : {_vh addItemCargo [_stuff,_am]}

So there's _stuff in my version, not stuff. Why there's no underscore in that log, I wonder?

It is version "Pilgrimage 1.95" Arma 3 dev branch. It's my mistake in the post above when I copied the text, it's actually

[_stuff,_am]

in both instances, sorry for the confusion.

Oh, so it's from the vehicle decaching code, interesting, because it appears in areas where I approach buildings with loot, I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but that's what I've noticed, and also the fact that it also happens with other versions of Pilgrimage on several maps other than Altis, ex: Livonia, Malden, Roche, Sumava, all of which are ports. I tend to think that if no one else has the error and is using the A3 dev branch, maybe it's because of some mod.

Probably (don't remeber for sure) loot boxes also are cached/decached. 

22 minutes ago, vafana said:

and is using the A3 dev branch

So that would be my guess. Maybe try on stable to compare? Mods can't change script commands syntax/break them (which seems the problem here). Dev branch is always risky to use for such reasons exactly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Probably (don't remeber for sure) loot boxes also are cached/decached. 

So that would be my guess. Maybe try on stable to compare? Mods can't change script commands syntax/break them (which seems the problem here). Dev branch is always risky to use for such reasons exactly. 

I will try the stable version, thanks a lot for the reply.

Took a year and a half break from arma 3. Planning to play some of these custom pilgrimage missions, are they still working well on this latest version of A3?

Another question, will all weapon, faction, and uniform mods work with this scenario and instantly be populated inside the loot containers of both the ai and containers like CUP, RHS? AKA be part of their loot pool?

Stuff from active mods should be used together with vanilla content (loot, vehicles, AI presence). Though avoid content generating config errors (of poor technical quality in general), so I wouldn't say "all" will work. Well made ones should. Note BTW, the more weaponry using different ammo in the loot pool, the harder to find proper magazines for it. 

custom pilgrimage missions

... "Custom" made ports or missions may or may not work properly as time goes on. Some ports use mods or addons and they may get updated so there is always the possibility for errors.

• Like 1

Another question, can we have multiple vehicles placed at our hideout? Or will those despawn after a certain amount of time similar to items dropped on the ground?

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Another question, can we have multiple vehicles placed at our hideout? Or will those despawn after a certain amount of time similar to items dropped on the ground?

If the vehicles are abandoned vehicles (blue circle), they will not despawn. If they are vehicles spawned by mods, it is possible that they may despawn. For example, cars spawned by TPW cars, shouldn't despawn, but may if they were damaged and the occupants were dead when you commandeer them. Vehicles spawned by TPW Park will despawn if the player moves more than a certain distance away, even if you leave your AI companion inside it.

13 hours ago, alky_lee said:

If the vehicles are abandoned vehicles (blue circle), they will not despawn. If they are vehicles spawned by mods, it is possible that they may despawn. For example, cars spawned by TPW cars, shouldn't despawn, but may if they were damaged and the occupants were dead when you commandeer them. Vehicles spawned by TPW Park will despawn if the player moves more than a certain distance away, even if you leave your AI companion inside it.

So any bought "abandoned vehicles" (the ones that have a tractor/vehicle icon on the map after u buy them) won't despawn then? Does this apply to modded vehicles?

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

So any bought "abandoned vehicles" (the ones that have a tractor/vehicle icon on the map after u buy them) won't despawn then? Does this apply to modded vehicles?

The ones with the icon on the map, that you bought for 1200ff, won't despawn, although you may also come across these in your travels without the need to pay for their location to be revealed. They should have a blue circle around them when you look at them. Modded vehicles will depend on the mod. If you are running mods with vehicles, they may be added to the abandoned vehicle pool, but should have the blue circle around them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alky_lee said:

The ones with the icon on the map, that you bought for 1200ff, won't despawn, although you may also come across these in your travels without the need to pay for their location to be revealed. They should have a blue circle around them when you look at them. Modded vehicles will depend on the mod. If you are running mods with vehicles, they may be added to the abandoned vehicle pool, but should have the blue circle around them.

OH I see then. that makes sense.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, alky_lee said:

Unfortunately I wish there was a way that I can teleport to various hideouts without spawning in my vehicles that I stored. I just want to spawn there on foot and not on vehicle

edit: I think vehicle towing mods may overcome this

13 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Unfortunately I wish there was a way that I can teleport to various hideouts without spawning in my vehicles that I stored. I just want to spawn there on foot and not on vehicle

edit: I think vehicle towing mods may overcome this

If you are beyond a certain distance from your vehicle when you quick travel, the vehicle will not travel with you. I can’t remember if it is 200m or 500m.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:49 AM, alky_lee said:

If you are beyond a certain distance from your vehicle when you quick travel, the vehicle will not travel with you. I can’t remember if it is 200m or 500m.

can confirm it is at 200m that this happens.

Also I realize you can'tt ravel to the hideouts anymore after collecting the body. I assume that is because its the endgame? If so, can I just leave the body there and pick it up after I fully explore the map? Will it ever despawn too?

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

can I just leave the body there and pick it up after I fully explore the map? Will it ever despawn too?

The body will not despawn, and if you leave it where it is, I believe you can still fast travel if you want to and come back and pick it up later.

• Like 1

Been having a blast with this game so far. So far playing with mostly vanilla with small amount of QOL mods (Enhanced movement, no stamina, and bigger trunks). What mods can you guys recommend that can add more content and a better SP experience for this mod for my next playthrough? Aside from the recommended ones already in the OP.

Was also wondering if there are any good SP scenarios similar to this, which I doubt since I heard that pilgrimage is one of its kind. Antistasi is too hard for solo and same for liberation.

11 hours ago, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

Been having a blast with this game so far. So far playing with mostly vanilla with small amount of QOL mods (Enhanced movement, no stamina, and bigger trunks). What mods can you guys recommend that can add more content and a better SP experience for this mod for my next playthrough? Aside from the recommended ones already in the OP.

Was also wondering if there are any good SP scenarios similar to this, which I doubt since I heard that pilgrimage is one of its kind. Antistasi is too hard for solo and same for liberation.

You don’t need a no stamina mod as stamina effects can be turned off in the mission settings in game (0-8-5). 

Other mods that I use are Improved Grenades, Advanced Rappelling, Advanced Towing, More Readable Map, VTS Weapon Resting as well as the ever present TPW Mods. VTS Weapon Resting provides more usability on top of vanilla weapon deployment (Have you ever tried to deploy your rifle at the top of a hill or on a rock?). Simple Single Player Cheat Menu is another good mod to have. It provides access to Zeus, Virtual Arsenal, Virtual Garage and other stuff. Handy for dealing with stuff when you get bored with waiting for the gunship to RTB or an armoured vehicle parks outside the only exit from your building and is still there when you return from putting the kettle on. (It is a game intended to entertain after all). 

Hetman War Stories (also by Rydygier) is a single player battle creator where there is an AI commanders in charge of each faction. If you can stand the AI behaviour which quite often becomes annoying these is a campaign mode or whole map mode which can be played out over multiple sessions. As with Pilgrimage there are a number of adjustable settings used to generate the battle.

• Like 1