toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Thx dude, really love your mods :) I get this error while unrar the provided ar15 file ! "hlc_wp_ar15v1.1.rar: CRC failed in @hlcmods\addons\hlc_wp_AR15.pbo. The file is corrupt"

ERGH. Reupload. Hold off on the AR15s for the moment then, check back in a few hourts, should have it sorted then.

Sorted. Now works

Edited by toadie2k

Toadie if you are still doing that Commonwealth weapons pack, please please throw in a welrod.

A welrod would be like, really nice and you could do the anims for pulling back the charger thing and stuff.

Also, a welrod is pretty easy to model if you have to do it yourself.

Its like, a tube and a stick with a trigger and a thingy or two.

Thanks for this wonderful work and your continuous effort to bring the bar higher. I'm having an issue unpacking the AR15s V1.1 towards the end (H:\Arma 3 mods\Installed\hlc_wp_ar15v1.1.rar: Checksum error in @hlcmods\addons\hlc_wp_AR15.pbo. The file is corrupt). It should be noted that I have no problems with all the other addons.

Don't know if you reuploaded a new file yet but I have not encountered this error.

This may be a stupid question but on some of Toadie's weapons the thumb of the support hand clips into the handguard in 1st person view. Like on the magpul carbine and the bushmaster.

Others are perfect, like the colt carbine and honey badger.

I have the same problem with some of RH's weapons.

Is this something I've done wrong, or is it just the way it is? TIA.

New update v5.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_m60e4.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_fal.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_g3.png

New update v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_ak.png

New update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlc_ar15.png

New mod or update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_m14.png

New update v0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hlcmods_core.png

Edited by kecharles28

Thank you for this mod! We've been using it for a couple of months now and the quality is awesome!

AND, as an added bonus - I'm putting out a slightly-more-official CAF-Aggressors weapon replacer. Obviously it needs the HLC AKs and CAF_Aggressors. The patch that's floating around out there already basically duplicates the entire weapons configs, which would be fine, if I didn't change them all just now. This one should stay up to date with changes in the main pack weapons should any more changes come along, Downside is you will have to tolerate my insistance on putting Manufacturer IDs in all the weapon names. (I'm really sorry, I didn't keep note of the author, but a grand shoutout to you.)

http://toadie.updatedtuesdays.com/PubSharbse/Mods/caf_hlc-wp_replacement.rar

Does this redefine the caf_ag weapons as the hlc ones, or does it change the load-outs of the caf_ag soldiers to use hlc weapons? Because we made a patch like that ourselves that did the latter, but I removed it for now because ASR AI also just released full support for caf_ag including ai handling configs for caf_ag weapons, so now I'm torn between nice guns and more realistic AI.

--Edit

Ive just read that the caf_ag weapons are much less accurate by default which is what asr_ai may have been fixing, so replacing those weapons with yours shouldn't be a problem for the AI actually :)

Edited by Phoenix_ZA

Since your doing a official caf aggressors patch, why don't you throw in an akm with steel mag and a folder stock of some kind, like the type the Taliban use.

Thank you for this mod! We've been using it for a couple of months now and the quality is awesome!

Does this redefine the caf_ag weapons as the hlc ones, or does it change the load-outs of the caf_ag soldiers to use hlc weapons? Because we made a patch like that ourselves that did the latter, but I removed it for now because ASR AI also just released full support for caf_ag including ai handling configs for caf_ag weapons, so now I'm torn between nice guns and more realistic AI.

--Edit

Ive just read that the caf_ag weapons are much less accurate by default which is what asr_ai may have been fixing, so replacing those weapons with yours shouldn't be a problem for the AI actually :)

Changes the caf_ag soldiers to use hlc weapons.

Okay, I've got a few things listed here that I'd like to say about what's been released as of now:

1. I like what you did with the textures. Can't quite put my finger on it, but they definitely feel like they look better.

2. Some of your icons may be incorrect, as I've noticed some of the X-series drums have the standard mag icons.

3. The PBS4 and 1 seem to not make a sound when firing, which is unfortunate.

4. The colour of the BCM Jack is a bit too light for the "disruptive grey" that seems to be on the rifle. Also, may I ask what is that weird metal-looking thing where the Pmag's supposed to be?

Now, onto lighter things. I've read somewhere that you had plans to do a launcher pack at one point. If you do so, are they any plans for disposable launchers, preferably in the same way CAF does the LAW? I always thought that those were neat, with the whole arming, firing and dumping process.

I don't really do requests, but I guess there's no real harm, so in no particular order: A vz58 in the AK pack, in 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 preferably, just to mess with the people; a C7A2, arguably my favorte AR variant; finally an AKM with the steel mags, for those days when you want to really look and feel local.

i've got an error with saiga 12 regarding something on config and seems too powerful

Bit of constructive criticism since I love your work and appreciate an effort to model, texture, Uv it, animate, Oxygen it, config it, tweak it...

Anyhow, here is what improvements you can do in the future!

Here is Iron sight in your AR

2014-08-23_00002_zpse40bf09f.jpg

and here is RH* ar

2014-08-23_00001_zpse7a71a74.jpg

My conclusion is that player look down their sight quite often so is important to offer

quite high poly count around those areas.I'm sure on my work when I shall be good

enough to model weapon, I will put special attention to sight polys and textures!

*Audience please try to look past this pack vs other, that is not my intention.

Toady don't this discourage you, your work is amazing.Too bad I couldn't find your recorded

stream sessions!

Edited by enex

Firstly thanks for the great guns, that work awesomely!

It's also great to see that you also doing a CAF replacement config. Having just tested it, there is one missing compared to the other config replacement; That is that it also fixed Zeus support so that you could put down the CAF units which was really handy! Is there a chance we might see this functionality restored?

I believe it is just adding some extra stuff into the config, the curator page on the BI wiki has some information on this with an example (sadly I can't post links yet).

Toadie will you upload your aggressors weapon replacement/jsrs mod to Play WithSix (or give us the permission to upload it there)? I absolutely love the weapon animations or your mod! :)

Bit of constructive criticism since I love your work and appreciate an effort to model, texture, Uv it, animate, Oxygen it, config it, tweak it...

Anyhow, here is what improvements you can do in the future!

My conclusion is that player look down their sight quite often so is important to offer

quite high poly count around those areas.I'm sure on my work when I shall be good

enough to model weapon, I will put special attention to sight polys and textures!

*Audience please try to look past this pack vs other, that is not my intention.

Toady don't this discourage you, your work is amazing.Too bad I couldn't find your recorded

stream sessions!

You all somehow start from the assumption that he is the original author of those meshes and that are created by himself: he isn't. All those weapons and ports from other engines (most from CS:S if i am not mistaken), originally modeled, uved and textured by someone else. The easiest thing to do is to look over the credits on the first page of this thread.

Oh, and btw, RH weapons are also ports from CS:S with some changes here and there (and that is quite fine, no need to reinvent the wheel each time someone wants to create a new M4).

But some of those changes might just be OUTSIDE the scope of this addon.

I am pretty sure roadie is allowed to modify the models, clearly no one else read his post a while back when he literally said he would probably smooth those sights out.

Toadie will you upload your aggressors weapon replacement/jsrs mod to Play WithSix (or give us the permission to upload it there)? I absolutely love the weapon animations or your mod! :)

+1

This please! Great weapons!

I am pretty sure roadie is allowed to modify the models, clearly no one else read his post a while back when he literally said he would probably smooth those sights out.

yes or no, but it is besides the point i was trying to make

Sorry I don't understand, do you mean yes or no as a question? Or do you mean "either way"

I think he's saying that either way, it's possible that it's outside my scope of ability or the scope of the mod, which it isn't.

You all somehow start from the assumption that he is the original author of those meshes and that are created by himself: he isn't. All those weapons and ports from other engines (most from CS:S if i am not mistaken), originally modeled, uved and textured by someone else. The easiest thing to do is to look over the credits on the first page of this thread.

Oh, and btw, RH weapons are also ports from CS:S with some changes here and there (and that is quite fine, no need to reinvent the wheel each time someone wants to create a new M4).

But some of those changes might just be OUTSIDE the scope of this addon.

Correct, for the most part-

Most of the meshes are, for the most part ports (for lack of a better word, most of the time I'm working from raw source files, not exported game formats), don't want anyone convincing themselves otherwise. I have made parts (the BCM and Geissele parts on the Jack Carbine, For example) and done texture work to some others, and it's not don't do any of the of those things myself , but it's like you said- no need to reinvent the wheel when there's perfectly fine carts around, and I'm not bound by project goals to produce it all inhouse.

To the point about the apertures, basically the process on putting together any pack so far has been more about solving a role or functional hole while playing, or scratching an itch to animate (it's less that case now, so I'm more content to go back and iterate), so the general thing is I'm willing to overlook some jaggedness in the geometry if it still works as-intended or isn't immediately abbrasive (which, IMO, the Sights aren't). My intention is to go back over some of those apertures and smooth them out (I think I mentioned it a few pages back regarding the Honeybadger/Dissipator Back up Sights). Not so much outside scope, just a lesser priority up til now. It shall be done, however.

I'm okay with someone uploading it on my behalf.

Firstly thanks for the great guns, that work awesomely!

It's also great to see that you also doing a CAF replacement config. Having just tested it, there is one missing compared to the other config replacement; That is that it also fixed Zeus support so that you could put down the CAF units which was really handy! Is there a chance we might see this functionality restored?

I believe it is just adding some extra stuff into the config, the curator page on the BI wiki has some information on this with an example (sadly I can't post links yet).

Will look into it.

Edited by toadie2k

Hi toadie2k,

I just got to play with your AK pack and really liked it. One thing I noticed was that when you shoot an AK that someone is carrying, it gives off a dirt texture. Check out assigning them a metal rvmat so it makes the appropriate sparks.

Outstanding work though :)

Toadie, I enjoy using bCombat at lot and I had a question for Fabrizio_T on how Machine Gunners are determined (Unit type or weapon type). It depends on the weapon itself was the shirt answer as long as the custom weapon has this coefficient defined. Please see post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2759524

I almost exclusively use loadouts from your mod for my AI. Does your mod have this defined?